HELP-Files for my application

Hello

i have implemented for my MDI-Application a help-file.....it work's find;

how could i implement a help-function for my response-windows????

thank's in advance
Michael E.

in the open-event, set the menu for the response window after opening it
(take a look at ChangeMenu() in PB-Help) and hide it afterwards. This will
enable the user to still trigger the menu actions thru it's shortcuts (e.g.
<Shift-F1>) but won't change the appearance.

Ben

"M.Erlinger" <michael.erlinger@vienna.at> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> i have implemented for my MDI-Application a help-file.....it work's find;
>
> how could i implement a help-function for my response-windows????
>

> thank's in advance
> Michael E.

0
bede

HELP PLEASE!, how to convert non PFC application to PFC application?
Your help is much needed. I have developed many windows and datawindows without using PFC, how do i make the pfc to be the ancestor of all my windows and datawindows? Syed. -- Syed Ibrahim Sapura Advanced Systems Sdn. Bhd, 18th Floor, Menara Tun Razak, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: (03) 295-3472, (03) 294-3000 Fax: (03) 294-6587, (03) 293-3154 You will have to export each object to a file. Then you can edit the file to change to ancestor and import it again. I suggest you create separate PBL's before you import because you don't want to overwri...

Implementing Application help file with PFC
I'm wondering if anyone could provide some decent examples of implementing help with PFC. We have our help file in ROBOHelp - I need to add the indexes - however, I'm not entirely clear on the implementation of this in our PB app. I see the of_sethelp etc. Showhelp and the rest of it - however, I was wondering if the file was indexed per window - do you have to set the ia_helptype each time - I think I'm way off base - any help/suggestions or reference material is appreciated. Thanks! Hey William, I'll tell ya what we've done on ours. I've got PB9 wi...

Help...copy file when the source file is open by another application
CopyFile does not work if the source is open. Please give me an example how to copy in that case the file from source to destination. Thanks. BB DD <> wrote: >CopyFile does not work if the source is open. Please give me an example how to copy in that case the file from source to destination. Thanks. Open the file in read-only mode. If the file cannot be opened in read-only mode, it can not be copied. Open the destination file. Read the source file. Write the destination file. Repeat until done. Close both files. ... ...

URGENT HELP REQUIRED!!! Converting NON PFC Application to PFC
We have some applications which were developed in PB 4 and has been upgraded to PB5 and migrated to PB6. We have custom made ancestor objects for windows as well as user objects for dws. we have upto 4 layers of objects. We wish to convert our application to take advantage of PFC. Can any one out there guide whether this would require re-writing the entire system ? We have lot of NVUOs which work as PFC services but with having different purpose. Our applications are very large and rewriting would amount to atleast 35 man months of work. One approach (and the only possible ...

Application Help Files
Hello all, We are writting an application, and we want to know what type of help files to use to give our users, well, help. Do we use .chm or .hlp? Or does it matter at all?? Cheers, Poopenhime On 15 Sep 2004 18:13:46 -0700, Poopenhime wrote: >Hello all, > >We are writting an application, and we want to know what >type of help files to use to give our users, well, help. > >Do we use .chm or .hlp? Or does it matter at all?? I would use the HTML help. MS has been pushing it for years now. Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] mailto:NOSPAM_bgasin@dynamictec...

Help: PFC application
Hi, Please help, my application (pb11.2 with pfc upgraded from 10.5) works very fine in C/S mode. But after deploy to Appeon 6.0, the application can retrieve data from mssql2005 (jtds-1.2.2.jar), but it cann't save data to database (3 datawindow connected by this.of_SetLinkage(TRUE)) . I try to debug it and find that it doesn't work at pfc_save of pfc_w_master object when li_save_rc <> 1, I guess it relates to LUW concept. I don't know how to solve it now even sybase said appeon support pfc10.5. Does anyone can help? ///////pfc_save of pfc_w...

PFC Help files
Is there anyone out there with a pfc help file for PB 6.5?? I upgraded PB an there was no new pfc help file in the installationset. If you can help me with this, please give me a note!! Thanks folks :-) Trond trond.bonesmo@visma.no Done. On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:12:58 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Trond Bonesmo <trond@os.telia.no> wrote: >Is there anyone out there with a pfc help file for PB 6.5?? I upgraded >PB an there was no new pfc help file in the installationset. >If you can help me with this, please give me a note!! > >Thanks fol...

PFC Help File
When I use Help|Contents on my computer, I get the PFC help included in the regular PB Help. On another developer's computer, the PFC help does not show up. How can I get the PFC Help to merge with the PB help (other than thru installing the PFC from disk)? put the pfc.hlp file in the same directory as the other help files and then edit the pb.ini file to remove all help files and then start PB, go to the help menu, contents, and you should be prompted to specify the location of the help files. -- John Byrne Client Server Professionals Australia Brian Watson <bwatso...

PFC help file
Does anybody know where I can download the PFC help file. The one with the explanation of all the objects and functions. Thanks, Liberto Help File: Use: "D:\Program Files\Sybase\pb6\help\pbpfc60.hlp" Put a shortcut to this standard help file for PFC items. Jim ================================== On Sun, 21 Mar 1999 22:12:21 -0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Liberto Santant�n <liberybell@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >Does anybody know where I can download the PFC help file. >The one with the explanation of all the objects and functio...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help with Help File
I have a project that uses the PFC command pfc_help to implement windows level help. I've set the ia_helptypeid for all cases. When I run the application through the PB environment all of the links to the help file work perfectly, but when I create an executable and run it I get the following error message: The help topic does not exist. Contact your application vendor for an updated help file. (129) Is there something I need to include in the resource file when I build the project? Thanks in advance for the help. Cheryl wrote: > > I have a project that uses the ...

Own Help in Powerbuilder Help
Hi all How can I get my Own Help into PB12 help? In PB 10.5 I put this into pbhelp105.cnt. But in PB12 there isn't a CNT in the Folder .../help. I found only HxK or HxC in the help folder. I have my own help instruction for Programmer. I want to include this in PB12 too. Have anyone a idea. Thanks. regards, Andr� Rust Actually what you are supposed to do is add this line to the [PB] section of pb.ini: UserHelpFile=myhelpfile.hlp The .cnt file is a type of index file that is generated by the help compiler. Copy your .hlp file into the ...\PowerBuilder...

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

Web resources about - HELP-Files for my application - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...