Error in PFC while migrating from PB 5 to PB 11.5

Hello:

I've recently migrated our software from PB 5 to PB 11.5.
While migrating it shows an error in of_prepprint of object
pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_report -- "Duplicate variable: ls_objects"

Please help me to resolve this issue..

Thanks
Robin
0
Robin

AFAIK you only need the declaration of ls_objects as an array.

String         ls_Objects[]

Delete the other non-array declaration and/or compare the function with the one at codeplex.

http://pfc.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/55448#301172

hth

Arnd

On 21 Sep 2010 12:42:31 -0700, Robin wrote:

>Hello:
>
>I've recently migrated our software from PB 5 to PB 11.5.
>While migrating it shows an error in of_prepprint of object
>pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_report -- "Duplicate variable: ls_objects"
>
>Please help me to resolve this issue..
>
>Thanks
>Robin

0
Arnd
9/21/2010 9:12:45 PM
Hi Robin;

   Did you download and replace your PFC layer (ie:
PFCxxxx.PBL's) with the new PB 11.5.x version OR did you
just migrate the old PFC 5 based library components?

Regards ... Chris

> Hello:
>
> I've recently migrated our software from PB 5 to PB 11.5.
> While migrating it shows an error in of_prepprint of
> object pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_report -- "Duplicate variable:
> ls_objects"
>
> Please help me to resolve this issue..
>
> Thanks
> Robin
0
Chris

PB 10.5 and PFC 10.5 Migration
I am having trouble with an app that I migrated from PB 9 (pfc 8.0) to PB 10.5.1.6551 (pfc 10.5 - from code exchange). I keep getting an app terminated error when it calls the f_setfilesrv function. I did setup through debug and the function gets called with no issues several time before getting called to produce the error. The variable is not of type n_cst_filesrvwin32. All the other times before hitting the error it sets it to the n_cst_filesrvunicode. Do I need to turn-off Unicode? How to I do that? Any help will be helpful. begin 666 pfc.rtf M>UQR=&8Q7&am...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Migration problem from PB 6.5 to PB 11.5
Dear all, When I try to use the migrate assistant for the mirgration job on pb 6.5 to pb 11.5. Error occure during the migration (using migrate assisant). Powebuilder cause a problem and quit out. Inforamtion that I get from it is signature problem with below information :- AppName: pb115.exe AppVer: 11.5.0.2506 ModName: pbdwe115.dll ModVer: 11.5.0.3127 Offset: 0022a3e6 Any ideas on that ? Thanks -- Free News Reader http://put.hk http://put.hk/reader/forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general.html Before you migrate, I would ... 1) Optimize all you...

PB 6.5 to PB 8.0 (PFC Migration)
Recently we got PB 8.0 upgrade version and we are planning to move from our large scale PB 6.5 code to PB 8.0. (1) I have migrated part of the code and ran it and works without any problem. (2) Now I need to plan to move our PFC of PB 6.5 to PB 8.0. I have searched sybase site and couldn't able to find anywhere a guide like we had for PB 5.0 to PB 6.5 migration guide. If you have come across any, please send me the url. Thanks and appreciate ur help on this. Check the release notes in the Program Files/Sybase/Powerbuilder X.0/PFC/readmeX0.txt file (where X is the PB major v...

MIGRATION FROM PB 6.5 TO PB 7 (PFC BASED)
There is No ADK Toolkit along with PB7. How Do I Migrate the existing PFC based PowerBuilder 6.5 Application to PB 7.0. Please give me the procedures. Thank You Kaushik Chand P.S.D. Migrating has nothing to do with the ADK. As with all other versions, make a backup of your current PBL's. I prefer to copy my libraries to a new location where I will perform my migration. Choose the PB6 application from within PB7. You will be prompted to migrate the applicaiotn. Set up the library list to include all your PBL's. Start the migration. NOTE: If you use PFC straight up (no cor...

PB 5.0.2 to PB 8
I recently found myself in charge of an application built in Powerbuilder 5.0.2 using the PFC. Nobody seems to have the installation disks for PB 5.0.2 available anymore, so I was looking at Powerbuilder 8. I have never used PB 8 nor have I used PFC in any version. My 2 questions are 1) can and go from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8 and 2) how do you migrate using the PFC?? Thanks. Wallace Henry whenry@newcorp.com Wallace, if your PFC has not got 'customized' in any way, you might be able just to replace the old libraries with the new ones from PB 8. Each new version was ac...

Migrating to PB 8.0 from PB 6.5 and using PFC
Hello, My company is considering moving to PB 8.0 very soon. We have already spoken with a sales rep but I would like clarification on one thing. At least two of our apps make use of PFC with regular PB 6.5 code. When we upgrade to PB 8.0 do we need to purchase an upgrade for our PFC code as well or is that already bundled with the PB 8.0 upgrade. Thanks, Teresa Brinkley 8.0 ships with the PFC libraries - but that's part of the "custom" install. During the install process, you have to select "Custom", and check ON the PFC checkbox. -- Paul Hora...

Preview the PFC Objects after migration from PB 6.5 to PB 8.
After migrating to ver8.0, some of the screens in my Application are totally blank,and some are partially blank. I did some research and found that it's probably due to some problem with the "DW Linkage Service". Looks like DW Linkage doesn't work in PB 8.0. Can anyone suggest some solutions that I may try. After migrating the existing Application from PB6.5 to PB8, when I try to Preview the PFC Objects, it causes Application Execution Error:R0002. For example when I try to preview the PFC Windows: w_sheet, w_response, w_popup, w_master, w_main, w_fram...

Upgrade from PB 5 to PB 11.5
Hello: We have a software written in PB 5. We are planning to upgrade it from PB 5 to PB 11.5. We've used PFC in this application and database is Sybase 9. Is there any known issues ??? Any Suggestions?? Please help.. Thanks in advance Robin Start at http://www.techno-kitten.com/ and look at the changes to PB over the versions, and the migration guide. The migration wizard should work directly from 5 to 11.5. Some things that come to mind: PB is Unicode starting with 10. This will affect external function definitions. PFC has been open-sourced. You will need to get...

Migration From PB 5 to PB 6.5
Hello I am developing applicatons in PB from last three years, I am using PB 5.0.4 now I am planning to migrate on PB 6.5 or PB 7.00. Can anybody tell me what additional advantages I will get after switching from PB 5 to PB 6.5 or PB 7. I preffer I used PB 6.5 or PB 6.5.1 instead of PB 7 because I listen some users that PB 7 having some problems, Is it right? Thanks Haroon (Senior Programmer) Highnoon Laboratories Limited http://www.highnoon-labs.com You're in the wrong newsgroup. This one deals with Infomaker only. Use powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general. PB6...

Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0?
Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0? In present project current code hierarchy is like: PB 8 code � PFC 8 � own customize PFC 8 ( convert all object like n_cst_dataawareattrib --ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib)� own customize PFE 8 ( but no change in basic object names) Client customizes all object of PFC 8 like this "ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib" and in PFE object are like "n_cst_dataawareattrib". What will be best approach to migrate it? PB 8 code (migrate to PB 11) � PFC 8 (replace with PFC 11) � Own cust...

Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0?
Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0? In present project current code hierarchy is like: PB 8 code � PFC 8 � own customize PFC 8 ( convert all object like n_cst_dataawareattrib --ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib)� own customize PFE 8 ( but no change in basic object names) Client customizes all object of PFC 8 like this "ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib" and in PFE object are like "n_cst_dataawareattrib". What will be best approach to migrate it? PB 8 code (migrate to PB 11) � PFC 8 (replace with PFC 11) � Own customi...

Migration Error from Pb5 to Pb 6.5 using PFC -- Help
Hi, While migrating an application from PB ver 5.0 to PB PFC 6.5 using PFC, it gave me following error i.e Object: w_text Function: w_text::wf_dragdrop_srclvl1 (0038): Error C0174: Type of actual parameter cannot be ancestor of formal reference parameter type. (0075): Error C0174: Type of actual parameter cannot be ancestor of formal reference parameter type. (0087): Error C0174: Type of actual parameter cannot be ancestor of formal reference parameter type. Please let me know in getting the solution for th...

Web resources about - Error in PFC while migrating from PB 5 to PB 11.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

YouTube - Evaluating & Migrating to Cloud Storage
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2011 When evaluating cloud storage, no matter the need, there are criteria that must be placed above the rest, including: ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Enchanting video shows hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters
A video showing hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters&nbsp;has gone viral,&nbsp;months after being uploaded to Facebook.

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...