Datawindow objects data copying

How can we copy data from one datawindow object of free form
presentation style to another datawindow object that has more number of
fields than latter ?

To be more clear
------------------

1. "dwo_one" has 10 fields.
2. "dwo_two" has 20 fields.

I need to copy data from datawindow object "dwo_one" to "dwo_two".

Does presentation style of the datawindow objects has any impact on the
data copying ?

0
Veena

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:11:25 +0530, Veena Madhavi
<bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote:

>How can we copy data from one datawindow object of free form
>presentation style to another datawindow object that has more number of
>fields than latter ?
>
>To be more clear
>------------------
>
>1. "dwo_one" has 10 fields.
>2. "dwo_two" has 20 fields.
>
>I need to copy data from datawindow object "dwo_one" to "dwo_two".

Use the syntax below:

long ll_rc
ll_rc = dw_source.RowCount()

dw_target.Object.Data [1, 1, ll_rc, 10]  = &
dw_source.Object.Data [1, 1, ll_rc, 10]

>Does presentation style of the datawindow objects has any impact on the
>data copying ?

No, but the result set for the first 10 columns must match.  That
includes the column datatypes and order.

--
  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com

  Vote for your favorite tools!
  http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2000/

 Mine are:
   - Sybase Enterprise Application Server
   - PowerJ
   - Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere
   - Power Designer V7
0
Boris

datawindow.object.datawindow.objects ?
Hi? I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? string ls_objects ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) I hope to get a list of the controls in the datawindow objects. TIA ..Describe("DataWindow.Objects") On 5 Jan 2006 23:30:30 -0800, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi? > >I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? > >string ls_objects >ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) > >I hope to get a list of the controls in the dataw...

How to copy data from object data source to an array with 3 columns?
 Instead of having static images, I would like to copy data dynamicly from object data source to an array used by webservice. What changes do I need to make to the web service? 1) I have the folowing object adta source on the page: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="PhotosDataSource" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetPhotosByAdId" TypeName="AspNet.StarterKits.Classifieds.BusinessLogicLayer.PhotosDB"> <SelectParameters> <asp:QueryStringParameter Name="adId" DefaultValue="0" QueryStringField="id" Type="...

How to copy data from object data source to an array used by webservice
 Instead of having static images, I would like to copy data dynamicly from object data source to an array used by webservice. What changes do I need to make to the web service? 1) I have the folowing object adta source on the page: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="PhotosDataSource" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetPhotosByAdId" TypeName="AspNet.StarterKits.Classifieds.BusinessLogicLayer.PhotosDB"> <SelectParameters> <asp:QueryStringParameter Name="adId" DefaultValue="0" QueryStringField="id" Type="Int...

Datawindow.object.data
People, I'm using PB 6.5.1 / Oracle 8. Below is the code which give me some junk characters, need a work around or a different solution Structure str_parms variable any_arg[] of type any str_parms.arg[1] = datawindow.object.data // I get proper data over here Pass this structure to a response window Openwithparm(rw_name, str_parms) str_parms = Message.Powerobjectparm // I get some junk characters in some fields datawindow.object.data = str_parms Is it because there are different types of column type definition. Need you help. TIA SFL ---== Posted via the PFC...

Using "Business Objects" as a Data Source dor DataWindow.NET Objects
Hi: I have developed a "Business Object" layer which gets information from the DataBase. I would like to use these objects as a Source for the DataWindow.NET objects. It is possible? DO I have to use External Source? Some example? Thanks in Advance! Gus dw.net doesn't support this: I will be glad if someone comes up with an generic work around to bind. sybase is snoozing on this one. thanks vsv "DataWindows.NET" <gussabina@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4740cbfa$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi: > I have developed a "Business Ob...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Storing data in a DataWindow object
1. When I try to store data in a datawindow object it always shows 2 empty lines at the top which is a problem when I deal with small windows as ddw. 2. I also have discovered that in the Freeform datawindow no data is showing. 3. Is there any methods to show the data from ddw in a Freeform datawindow. Is this a overcomming problem. PAL Hi Pal, 1. You see these two rows ONLY IN THE WINDOW PAINTER. PB does it in order to see something in the Window painter. When you store data you store whatever you defined. These two empty rows are inserted only in design t...

dw_1.Object.datawindow.DATA
Hello NG, for example , if we insert a blank row in the datawindow and use ls_Temp = dw_1.Object.datawindow.DATA If Len(Trim(ls_Temp)) = 0 Or IsNull( ls_Temp ) or Trim(ls_Temp) = '' Then ----------- it FAILS HERE elseif ASCA(ls_Temp) = 9 Then ----------it PASS HERE end if What could be the logic for '9' , does it depends upon the no. of columns in the datawindow object or it will remain '9' always . Requested to please let me know , I am on PB10.5 -- Regards Van Looks like ASCII code of [empty] column separator sign. CB U�y...

How Do You Store Data in a DataWindow Object?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------D5BF70B8AAE2E6D738D59606 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit According to the PB Users Guide online documentation: To store data in a DataWindow object: 1. Select Rows-->Data from the menu bar. The Data Retained On Save dialog box displays listing all columns defined for the DataWindow object at the top. 2. Do one of the following: A. Click Add to create an empty row and type a row of data into the window. You can enter as many rows as you want. B. Click Retrieve to re...

object.data and powerbuilder 9
we have a report object in a datawindow, and to populate it we use this line of code: w_ppreview.dw_preview.object.dw_report.Object.dw_detail.object.data = lds_ds.object.dw_detail.object.data the dataobjects of lds_and dw_preview are the same. this used to work in pb8. in pb9 i get an error accessing external object property. any thoughts? There was bug in the GA release of PowerBuilder 9 with accessing nested reports via dot notation. Try applying this patch: ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb90_weekly/906075.zip ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pb...

Copy Datawindow Data to a Structure
Hi, I have seen an example of copying data of a datawindow to a Structure, but I don't remember the syntax. CAn you help me? I have tried: structrue_x istr_x dw_1.object.data = istr_x The above works but dw_1 contains more than 1 row, so I tried structrue_x istr_x[ ] dw_1.object.data = istr_x Then I got a systemerro. Kathy Kathylo@bigfoot.com PB 5 16Bit Kathy Your subject gives the impression that you want to copy the data FROM the datawindow TO a structure. But your sample script does the other way round. Otherwise you are on the right track. That...

Concatenate DataWindow.Object.Data
Is it possible to concatenate the data from 4 other datawindows using DataWindow.Object.Data? dw_final = dw_1.DataWindow.Object.Data + dw_2.DataWindow.Object.Data + dw_3.DataWindow.Object.Data + dw_4.DataWindow.Object.Data Or is there a better way that is really efficient? TIA, Scott Use RowsCopy() -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "Scott Crystal" <crystalden@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:NEpbMRDNCHA.582@forums.sybase.com... > Is it possible to concatenate the data from 4 other datawind...

Datawindow in PFC user objects.
I created a tabset, inherited from u_tab, that contains a number of pages, inherited from u_tabpage. This is not direct, but through the appropriate PFC extensions and application framework. The pages contain datawindows. These datawindows do not appear when the user object containing the tabset is placed on a window in the window painter. In order to see the datawindow, I have to open the the user object painter with the object that contains it. Why? It seems to me that if a user object contains controls, they should be visible whenever the user object is visible, regardless ...

Web resources about - Datawindow objects data copying - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo