CloseWithReturn not working

	I am trying to alter a print dialog box, inherited from w_print,
pfc_w_print, w_response, pfc_w_response. The descendant window has a
close() on the pfc_default and pfc_cancel events. I am trying to change
this to a CloseWithReturn().

	It will not work at all, no matter what I try to pass back. The
CloseWithReturn always returns -1. The close event script does execute,
but the window stays open.

	Is this overridden at all in the pfc ancestry?

	Ben

0
Ben

try using messageparam.string

Ben Watt wrote:

>         I am trying to alter a print dialog box, inherited from w_print,
> pfc_w_print, w_response, pfc_w_response. The descendant window has a
> close() on the pfc_default and pfc_cancel events. I am trying to change
> this to a CloseWithReturn().
>
>         It will not work at all, no matter what I try to pass back. The
> CloseWithReturn always returns -1. The close event script does execute,
> but the window stays open.
>
>         Is this overridden at all in the pfc ancestry?
>
>         Ben

0
Jesus
6/15/2000 9:26:35 PM
Ben,

Very odd. I'd guess that CloseWithReturn is failing because:
1. the window is not a response window
OR
2. the parameters you are including in the call are invalid (null pointer?).

Since the function can't execute successfully the window does not close.
Makes sense. The PFC code shouldn't cause you any trouble unless it closes
the window before your code executes. However, if this were true you'd get a
null object reference when you call executes.

Regards,
John Olson [TeamSybase]
Developower, Inc.
www.developower.com

Ben Watt wrote in message ...

> I am trying to alter a print dialog box, inherited from w_print,
>pfc_w_print, w_response, pfc_w_response. The descendant window has a
>close() on the pfc_default and pfc_cancel events. I am trying to change
>this to a CloseWithReturn().
>
> It will not work at all, no matter what I try to pass back. The
>CloseWithReturn always returns -1. The close event script does execute,
>but the window stays open.
>
> Is this overridden at all in the pfc ancestry?
>
> Ben

0
John
6/20/2000 6:48:44 AM
Thanks John

It was case 1, not a response window.
Have made alternate measures to pass back values.

Ben

Conversation: CloseWithReturn not working
Subject: Re: CloseWithReturn not working

Ben Watt wrote in message ...

> I am trying to alter a print dialog box, inherited from w_print,
>pfc_w_print, w_response, pfc_w_response. The descendant window has a
>close() on the pfc_default and pfc_cancel events. I am trying to change
>this to a CloseWithReturn().
>
> It will not work at all, no matter what I try to pass back. The
>CloseWithReturn always returns -1. The close event script does execute,
>but the window stays open.
>
> Is this overridden at all in the pfc ancestry?
>
> Ben

0
Ben

Powerbuilder 10 and MAPI does not work, works in PB 7
Hi, I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send e-mails using the customers e-mail client. Customer uses Netscape 4.7 With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB 10, the mailLogon function always fails. With PB 7 it works with Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express. With PB 10, it does NOT work with Netscape and Outlook Express. It works with Outlook 2000, but only if I put the real e-mail address in both 'name' and 'address' Problem is: customer definitely uses Netscape. Anyone has any ideas ? Perhaps something to do with PB 10 w...

Powerbuilder 10 and MAPI does not work, works in PB 7
Hi, I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send e-mails using the customers e-mail client. Customer uses Netscape 4.7 With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB 10, the mailLogon function always fails. With PB 7 it works with Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express. With PB 10, it does NOT work with Netscape and Outlook Express. It works with Outlook 2000, but only if I put the real e-mail address in both 'name' and 'address' Problem is: customer definitely uses Netscape. Anyone has any ideas ? Perhaps something to do with PB 10 w...

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Work with PFC
I want to work with PFC librairies and I don't find any guide for a self training, please anyone can inform me ? Best Regards The PFC help file has a getting started section. Also, you can look at the PFC Examples and the PEAT applications (both under the \pfc\examples directory) Last but not least, if you have more specific questions, post them to powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Boubker ELALLANI" <alani@atlasnet.net.ma> wrote in message news:39CC7F53.55368AD@atlasnet.n...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

closewithreturn not working...
In the Activate event, there is a line of code to close the current response(w_response) window but the code after this line continues to run in this window without giving control back to the calling window. The response windows was opened with... openwithparm(w_response, lv_id ) Then after some code is run it is supposed to close... closewithreturn(w_response, "continue") more code... This code was originally written in PB5 and the program has since been migrated to PB10. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance, Milo IME, this most often ...

Working
I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees). I initially installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to follow after I know I have VPN working). My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working. I can open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the MASTER, authenticate and open files. The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1 (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets Sent. The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as �Being Configured�. The Audit Log has two recurring RED entrie...

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

Anyone converted Greenbrier's PFC Plus to work with PB 6.0 PFC?
I have not been able to get an answer from G&R on this one. Has anyone done this or know if there are problems other than the calendar object they have implemented? Thanks. ...

How to work pfc in spanish
Hellow: How to enable other languaje for pfc's dialogs and messages in pfc 6.5.1 with Pb 6.5.1? Thank's Translate all texts of dialogs in pfe layer. Marcelo Pe�ailillo napisa�(a) w wiadomo�ci: <01bec88d$035b1f80$2d0ac884@pc-mpenaili.dersa.cl>... >Hellow: > > How to enable other languaje for pfc's dialogs and messages in pfc 6.5.1 >with Pb 6.5.1? > >Thank's On Wed, 07 Jul 1999 11:27:09 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Marcelo Pe�ailillo <mpenaili@dersa.cl> wrote: >Hellow: > > How to enable o...

PFC Open() not working
--------------FEE71A17D24445977D8E8803 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am building a PFC appication and want to use the PFC Open function. In one of my menu items the code appears as follows: Message.StringParm = "w_authvsunloads1" gnv_app.of_GetFrame().Event pfc_open() Now when I click on it nothing happens. Am I missing something? Please email me at Derrick.Fisher@agpro.com Thanks --------------FEE71A17D24445977D8E8803 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <HTML>...

PowerBuilder Does not work with Informix
PowerBuilder Does not work with Informix please be more specific. what version of pb, informix, what doesn't work, any error message etc. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com Enhancement Requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <L> wrote in message news:40914533.62c4.1681692777@sybase.com... > PowerBuilder Does not work with Informix ...

PFC and distributed PowerBuilder
Hi all. Anyone know where to find information, how to build distributed applications with PowerBuilder and PFC? Regards Stefan Uhlin /ConNova I think you are looking into one of those support gaps. I had no luck finding someone who know both areas when I built my first application. PitFall #1. The connection_begin/ _end events for the PFC application objects is where the CREATE/DESTROY for the APP-MANAGER needs to be. This is needed to get addressing to work - each session is in its own work-space. There are no indications of this anywhere other than searching PB's ...

Web resources about - CloseWithReturn not working - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc