Calling PB application from other web application

Friends,
       I have a situation here. I have a powerbuilder 7.0 application with
windows, datawindows and database access. NOw, the management needs this
powerbuilder application to be called by another web application.  I
would appreciate if you could give me the possible solutions.

Thanks in advance,
Saravanan

0
Saravanan

I responded to this in another section.  Please don't cross-post.

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:31:28 -0700,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
Saravanan Gurusamy <sarav_g@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Friends,
>       I have a situation here. I have a powerbuilder 7.0 application with
>windows, datawindows and database access. NOw, the management needs this
>powerbuilder application to be called by another web application.  I
>would appreciate if you could give me the possible solutions.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Saravanan

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm  | http://www.needhim.org
http://www.jesusfilm.org/view/realvideo/rv/languages/english.ram

Bruce

Call one web application forms with in another web application ..
I am having forms named A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 in my web application1. And i am having B1,B2,B3,B4 and B5 in my web application2.I am using Windows authentication for my web application1. And i am using Form Authentication for my web application2.I am planning to host these 2 applications in 2 different servers.Here i am planning to have web application1 as a stand alone application.And Web application2 should interact with web application1.I want to call my web application1 forms in my web application2.But both authentication types are different.........???How to do it....??Any ideas ??Kamran Shahi...

How i call windows application in web application without using dll of windows application
i want to call Windows application in web Application Without using dll of Windows application in ASP.net 2.0  hi!try this: ProcessStartInfo pi = new ProcessStartInfo("app.exe"); pi.CreateNoWindow = true;  Process p = Process.Start(pi); p.WaitForExit(); if (p.ExitCode != 0){//report error } orzeh  code less, think more!...

Calling internet enabled PB application from Client Server PB Application
Is it possible to call a internet enabled PB application from a Client-Server PB app? (Just like the way using RUN function to run another app from PB app) Thx, Mahesh This newsgroup is for discussing enhancement requests for future versions of PowerBuilder. You will get a much more relevant reponse if you post in one of the other newsgroups, for example: powersoft.public.powerbuilder.distributed or powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general <Mahesh> wrote in message news:E66A29615A1F68F4006837D685256BC8.006837E685256BC8@webforums... > Is it possible to call a internet...

Calling internet enabled PB application from Client Server PB Application
Is it possible to call a internet enabled PB application from a Client-Server PB app? (Just like the way using RUN function to run another app from PB app) Thx, Mahesh If I understand you correctly, you can add teh Microsoft Internet Explorer ole object to a window and have it browse to the site housing the PB appliation just like it would to any other site. See this technote for details on browsing automatically etc. http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47945 - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com ...

Call a web application from a windows application
HiI have 2 seperate projects: A web application in ASP.NET and a windows application in C#.I want to be able to open the web app from the windows app. What is the most elegant way to do it? Look into the System.Net.WebRequest and System.Net.WebResponse classes. I believe that there are even samples in VS Help on doing what you want.NC... i do it once a long a go time you can use this code as an exampleSystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IExplore.exe","www.microsoft.com");also you read a bout process class from the msdn or microsoft onlin msdnthere is ...

How to Call a Window Application from Web Application
 How to call a windows application from a web application. For Example,In orkut.com, when we click on the green button (Online), GTalk application got invoked. Can anyone please let me know how to do that? Also, i need to know the technical name of this scenario.Please refer some good articles!  Thanks in Advance!!!Srinivasan I don't remember the name of the technology doing this, but basically what you have to do, is the desktop application, during its install (with a Windows Installer or something), has to associate a protocol with itself... for example, you have stuff lik...

Testing a PFC application (or any PB application)
Hi! I just want to have a few tips on how testing a PFC application should be done. With all the events that occurs in an application, it is sometimes hard to trap every single thing that could happen at anytime! What do you think are the basics steps that for testing an application? What simple things should be considered when coding the application? When you code the application, do you consider all the possible cases at the moment or you put them off until a "testing phase"? What is the best way to activate or deactive menu items while the application is running ...

PB Applications converted to Web Applications
We have a number(3) of large PB7.0 applications that we are looking to migrate to the web. I know that we can take advantage of the DW in the applications (using HTML DW), but what about the other objects, both visual and non-visual. Are there currently any tools for generating web-applicable objects from existing PB objects other than DWs and are there any plans to do this in the future? My understanding is that the WDK only works for LAN, WAN and intranet not internet access, so this will not work for us. Any information would be appreciated, I am looking to leverage as m...

Deploying powerbuilder application as .NET web application
Hi when I deploy Client/Server PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any bug messages. Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed. Any information is appreciated. If this question has to do with PB 11 WebForm deploys, you want to post it in the sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform section. This section is for DataWindow.Net, a different product. On 29 Jul 2008 05:32:55 -0700, Raju Gol...

the problem about updating the PB application into Web application
I developped a PB application by using PB 6.5. I want to update it into Web application. How can I finish the task under the condition of lest modification of the old PB application. Please give me some schemes. Thanks 1. Please don't cross-post. 2. If you don't want to modify the old PB app, you can get it to the web using the web deployment kit with few, if any, changes. On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:18:00 +0800, in sybase.public.webdeploykit wangjun <wj@ascc2000.sjtu.edu.cn> wrote: >I developped a PB application by using PB 6.5. I want to update it into...

PB Application to PB Application communication
I need to have 2 powerbuilder application be able to communicate with one another. A string is all I need to pass between the two applications. I tried creating a com object that I could connect to from both applications. This com object would basically store the information I want to pass between the two applications in an instance variable. One application would populate that instance variable, then notify the other application(through the send command) to go read the information in the com object. I created the com object fine and can call a function on the com object ...

Stop and Start a Web Application using Application Pool contains may Web Applications
Hi, In my IIS 6.0, there is a Application Pool. This Application Pool contains 5 Asp.net Web Application. But I need to stop and restart one particular Web Application. How to do that? What is the process to start and stop a Asp.net Web Application. when the Web Application uses a Application Pool and the Particular Application Pool contains other Web Application as well.?     if you want like that then create separate application pool for each web application. Then you can start and stop one particular web application. Other easy way is just modify the web.config file of you...

How to call a windows based application through a web based application
 Hi All, I am using a web based application in which i need a particular windows based application at a given time when the user wants it. But i am not able to link them. Plz give any solution Ok this will be a good game for you. Go to the local computer whose windows application is to be accessed. Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Component Services, browse to Component Services->My COmputer ->DCOM Config -> Here select your application..right click it..select properties...click security tab...access permission...customize...edit....in access permission ...

Web resources about - Calling PB application from other web application - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: Global application processor market to rise 8.5% in 2016
The global market for application processors (AP) will rise 8.54% in 2016, according to Digitimes Research. Growth of demand for applications ...

A new edition of CRISPR promises to make gene therapy ready for human applications
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and the McGovern Institute for Brain Research have developed a way to significantly cut down on “off-target” ...