Application in Powerbuilder 5.0.2 with PFC - can I go to PB 8??

I recently found myself in charge of an application built in Powerbuilder
5.0.2 using the PFC. Nobody seems to have the installation disks for PB
5.0.2 available anymore, so I was looking at Powerbuilder 8. I have never
used PB 8 nor have I used PFC in any version. My 2 questions are 1) can and
go from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8 and 2) how do you migrate using the PFC?? Thanks.

Wallace Henry
whenry@newcorp.com

0
Wallace

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:29:33 -0500,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
Wallace Henry <whenry@newcorp.com> wrote:
>I recently found myself in charge of an application built in Powerbuilder
>5.0.2 using the PFC. Nobody seems to have the installation disks for PB
>5.0.2 available anymore, so I was looking at Powerbuilder 8. I have never
>used PB 8 nor have I used PFC in any version. My 2 questions are 1) can and
>go from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8

Yep.  Make a backup copy of the code first, just in case, but it should
migrate over fine.

>and 2) how do you migrate using the PFC?? Thanks.

Migrate the old copy of PFC with the app, and then after it's been migrated
change the library search path to use the new version.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
2/4/2002 6:37:44 PM
Bruce, thanks for the response. I was just curious. Every time I try to
migrate the old PFC pbls, I get a Dr. Watson error. If I move the 8.0 pbls
in and migrate, then it migrates, but there are missing references that seem
to be to PFC objects. The Sybooks mentioned something called the PFCOLD.pbl,
but I haven't been able to locate it.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote in message ...
>On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:29:33 -0500,
> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
>Wallace Henry <whenry@newcorp.com> wrote:
>>I recently found myself in charge of an application built in Powerbuilder
>>5.0.2 using the PFC. Nobody seems to have the installation disks for PB
>>5.0.2 available anymore, so I was looking at Powerbuilder 8. I have never
>>used PB 8 nor have I used PFC in any version. My 2 questions are 1) can
and
>>go from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8
>
>Yep.  Make a backup copy of the code first, just in case, but it should
>migrate over fine.
>
>>and 2) how do you migrate using the PFC?? Thanks.
>
>Migrate the old copy of PFC with the app, and then after it's been migrated
>change the library search path to use the new version.
>

>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>http://www.needhim.org
>
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Wallace
2/4/2002 8:21:51 PM
PFCOLD.PBL came with PB6 for the stuff that PFC6 no longer needed, but was
referenced by PFC5 objects.  It was *not* provided in PFC7 or PFC8.  It
contained:

d_dwdebuggerattributes
d_dwdebuggerstatus
d_statusconfigure
s_dwdebugger
pfc_w_dwdebugger
pfc_w_undelete

What objects do you get invalid references to?

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:21:51 -0500,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
Wallace Henry <whenry@newcorp.com> wrote:
>Bruce, thanks for the response. I was just curious. Every time I try to
>migrate the old PFC pbls, I get a Dr. Watson error. If I move the 8.0 pbls
>in and migrate, then it migrates, but there are missing references that seem
>to be to PFC objects. The Sybooks mentioned something called the PFCOLD.pbl,
>but I haven't been able to locate it.
>

>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote in message ...
>>On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:29:33 -0500,
>> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
>>Wallace Henry <whenry@newcorp.com> wrote:
>>>I recently found myself in charge of an application built in Powerbuilder
>>>5.0.2 using the PFC. Nobody seems to have the installation disks for PB
>>>5.0.2 available anymore, so I was looking at Powerbuilder 8. I have never
>>>used PB 8 nor have I used PFC in any version. My 2 questions are 1) can
>and
>>>go from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8
>>
>>Yep.  Make a backup copy of the code first, just in case, but it should
>>migrate over fine.
>>
>>>and 2) how do you migrate using the PFC?? Thanks.
>>
>>Migrate the old copy of PFC with the app, and then after it's been migrated
>>change the library search path to use the new version.
>>

>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>http://www.needhim.org
>>
>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
2/4/2002 11:40:29 PM
Bruce;
Thanks for the response. I included my error messages below. The pbls where
I am getting the errrors are all custom pbls. However, many of them seem to
be calling functions or referencing objects in the PFC, such as
n_cst_appmanager. I don't know whether to include the old PFC pbls, or
replace them. If I include them in my library list, I just get the Dr.
Watson errors. I just don't know enough about PFC and I've definitely never
jumped from 5.0.2 to 8.0 PB before. Also, this app was worked on by someone
who left the company, so I don't know what he really did either.

Thanks for your help.

bbaudit.pbl(w_as400_status).w_as400_status.pfc_open.2: Error       C0052:
Bad argument list for function: of_register
bbaudit.pbl(u_cst_audstat_tab).tabpage_stat.ue_retrieve.1: Error
C0019: Incompatible property ii_dataset for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_bbaud_status).w_bbaud_status.pfc_open.2: Error       C0052:
Bad argument list for function: of_register
bbaudit.pbl(w_bbaud_avg).w_bbaud_avg.pfc_open.2: Error       C0052: Bad
argument list for function: of_register
bbaudit.pbl(w_r_dataset).w_r_dataset.pfc_close.10: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ii_dataset for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_r_dataset).w_r_dataset.pfc_close.13: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ii_dataset for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_r_dataset).w_r_dataset.pfc_close.16: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ib_isgrp for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(m_bbframe).m_approvedbyproductcode.clicked.1: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ib_isgrp for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(m_bbframe).m_approvedbyproductcode.clicked.1: Error       C0003:
Condition for if statement must be a boolean
bbaudit.pbl(m_frame).1: Information C0146: The identifier 'm_frame'
conflicts with an existing global variable with this name.  The new
definition of 'm_frame' will take precedence and the prior value will be
ignored until this version of 'm_frame' goes out of scope
bbaudit.pbl(w_r_datasetgrp).w_r_datasetgrp.pfc_close.10: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ii_datasetgrp for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_r_datasetgrp).w_r_datasetgrp.pfc_close.14: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ii_datasetgrp for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_r_datasetgrp).w_r_datasetgrp.pfc_close.17: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ib_isgrp for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_r_datasetgrp_dataset).w_r_datasetgrp_dataset.open.2: Error
C0019: Incompatible property ii_datasetgrp for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_aud).w_aud.ue_getnext.32: Error       C0019: Incompatible
property inv_bbaudlog for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_class_rpt).w_class_rpt.open.6: Error       C0052: Bad argument
list for function: of_register
bbaudit.pbl(w_auto_report).cb_ok.clicked.6: Error       C0051: Unknown
function name: stpbbauto_report
bbaudit.pbl(w_percent_rpt).w_percent_rpt.open.6: Error       C0052: Bad
argument list for function: of_register
bbaudit.pbl(w_r_ds_from_to).w_r_ds_from_to.pfc_close.14: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ii_ds_from for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_r_ds_from_to).w_r_ds_from_to.pfc_close.15: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ii_ds_to for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_class_rpt_as_on_8_18_00).w_class_rpt_as_on_8_18_00.open.6:
Error       C0052: Bad argument list for function: of_register
bbaudit.pbl(w_select_rpttype).cb_run.clicked.8: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ib_isgrp for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_select_rpttype).cb_run.clicked.8: Error       C0003: Condition
for if statement must be a boolean
bbaudit.pbl(w_select_rpttype).cb_run.clicked.43: Error       C0003:
Condition for if statement must be a boolean
bbaudit.pbl(w_select_rpttype).cb_run.clicked.87: Error       C0003:
Condition for if statement must be a boolean
bbaudit.pbl(w_rpt_mgr).cb_new.clicked.7: Error       C0019: Incompatible
property ib_isgrp for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_rpt_mgr).cb_new.clicked.13: Error       C0019: Incompatible
property ib_isgrp for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_rpt_mgr).cb_new.clicked.13: Error       C0003: Condition for
if statement must be a boolean
bbaudit.pbl(w_r_servlocn).w_r_servlocn.pfc_close.7: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property is_servlocn for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_r_prdctcd).w_r_prdctcd.pfc_close.11: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ib_isgrp for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudit.pbl(w_r_prdctcd).w_r_prdctcd.pfc_close.11: Error       C0003:
Condition for if statement must be a boolean
bbpaudit.pbl(w_paudit).w_paudit.ue_preaudit.73: Error       C0051: Unknown
function name: stppaudit
bbpaudit.pbl(w_paudit).w_paudit.ue_preaudit.80: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ii_dataset for type n_cst_appmanager
bbmaint.pbl(w_admin).w_admin.open.6: Error       C0052: Bad argument list
for function: of_register
bbmaint.pbl(n_cst_bbaudlog).n_cst_bbaudlog.of_checkin.44: Error       C0051:
Unknown function name: stpcheckin
bbaudqc.pbl(u_cst_qc_tabpage).dw_1.pfc_update.9: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property inv_bbaudlog for type n_cst_appmanager
bbaudqc.pbl(u_cst_qc_tabpage).dw_1.pfc_update.9: Error       C0003:
Condition for if statement must be a boolean
bbaudqc.pbl(w_qc).w_qc.ue_calculate.35: Error       C0051: Unknown function
name: stppstaudit
bbaudqc.pbl(w_filter).w_filter.of_buildfilterstring.31: Error       C0019:
Incompatible property ii_dataset for type n_cst_appmanager
 ---------- Finished Migrate of target bbaudit

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote in message ...
>PFCOLD.PBL came with PB6 for the stuff that PFC6 no longer needed, but was
>referenced by PFC5 objects.  It was *not* provided in PFC7 or PFC8.  It
>contained:
>
>d_dwdebuggerattributes
>d_dwdebuggerstatus
>d_statusconfigure
>s_dwdebugger
>pfc_w_dwdebugger
>pfc_w_undelete
>
>What objects do you get invalid references to?
>
>On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:21:51 -0500,
> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
>Wallace Henry <whenry@newcorp.com> wrote:
>>Bruce, thanks for the response. I was just curious. Every time I try to
>>migrate the old PFC pbls, I get a Dr. Watson error. If I move the 8.0 pbls
>>in and migrate, then it migrates, but there are missing references that
seem
>>to be to PFC objects. The Sybooks mentioned something called the
PFCOLD.pbl,
>>but I haven't been able to locate it.
>>

>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote in message ...
>>>On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:29:33 -0500,
>>> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
Powerbuilder
>>and
>>>
>>>Yep.  Make a backup copy of the code first, just in case, but it should
>>>migrate over fine.

>>>Migrate the old copy of PFC with the app, and then after it's been
migrated
>>>change the library search path to use the new version.
>>>

>>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>>http://www.needhim.org
>>>
>>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>>

>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>http://www.needhim.org
>
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Wallace
2/5/2002 1:04:24 PM
By the way, the reference to the PFCOLD.PBL was in the 8.0 Sybooks I
downloaded with the evaluation software. Maybe it's a typo..Looking at the
objects you listed, it doesn't seem like that's the source of my errors
anyway.

>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote in message ...
>>PFCOLD.PBL came with PB6 for the stuff that PFC6 no longer needed, but was
>>referenced by PFC5 objects.  It was *not* provided in PFC7 or PFC8.  It
>>contained:
>>
>>d_dwdebuggerattributes
>>d_dwdebuggerstatus
>>d_statusconfigure
>>s_dwdebugger
>>pfc_w_dwdebugger
>>pfc_w_undelete
>>
>>What objects do you get invalid references to?
>>
>>On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:21:51 -0500,
>> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
>>Wallace Henry <whenry@newcorp.com> wrote:
>>>Bruce, thanks for the response. I was just curious. Every time I try to
>>>migrate the old PFC pbls, I get a Dr. Watson error. If I move the 8.0
pbls
>>>in and migrate, then it migrates, but there are missing references that
>seem
>>>to be to PFC objects. The Sybooks mentioned something called the
>PFCOLD.pbl,
>>>but I haven't been able to locate it.

>Powerbuilder
>never
>>>and

>migrated

>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>http://www.needhim.org
>>
>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Wallace
2/5/2002 1:09:46 PM
Error messages like these:

>Incompatible property ii_dataset for type n_cst_appmanager
>Incompatible property ib_isgrp for type n_cst_appmanager
>Incompatible property ii_datasetgrp for type n_cst_appmanager
>Incompatible property inv_bbaudlog for type n_cst_appmanager
>Incompatible property ii_ds_from for type n_cst_appmanager

Indicate that the n_cst_appmanager object in the PFE layer was probably
modified.  You may not have the appropriate copy of that layer, the one that
added all those additional attributes.

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 08:04:24 -0500,
> [...]
>>pfc_w_undelete
>>
>>What objects do you get invalid references to?
>>
>>On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:21:51 -0500,
>> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
>>Wallace Henry <whenry@newcorp.com> wrote:
>>>Bruce, thanks for the response. I was just curious. Every time I try to
>>>migrate the old PFC pbls, I get a Dr. Watson error. If I move the 8.0 pbls
>>>in and migrate, then it migrates, but there are missing references that
>seem
>>>to be to PFC objects. The Sybooks mentioned something called the
>PFCOLD.pbl,
>>>but I haven't been able to locate it.

>Powerbuilder
>never
>>>and

>migrated

>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>http://www.needhim.org
>>
>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---

2/5/2002 4:57:06 PM
Thanks Bruce. That's what I've been afraid of. I need to find that
information. Unfortuantely, I inherited this app from someone.

> [...]
>>>d_dwdebuggerstatus
>>>d_statusconfigure
>>>s_dwdebugger
>>>pfc_w_dwdebugger
>>>pfc_w_undelete
>>>
>>>What objects do you get invalid references to?
>>>
>>>On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:21:51 -0500,
>>> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
>>seem
>>PFCOLD.pbl,

>>Powerbuilder
PB
>>never
can

>>migrated

>>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>>http://www.needhim.org
>>>
>>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>>

>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>http://www.needhim.org
>
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---

2/5/2002 5:41:01 PM
What you may be able to do is add some of those attribute (instance variables)
back in.  It will be a bit tougher, though, if they also added functions here
and there.

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:41:01 -0500,
> [...]
>>>Condition for if statement must be a boolean
>>>bbaudqc.pbl(w_qc).w_qc.ue_calculate.35: Error       C0051: Unknown
>function
>>>name: stppstaudit
>>>bbaudqc.pbl(w_filter).w_filter.of_buildfilterstring.31: Error       C0019:
>>>Incompatible property ii_dataset for type n_cst_appmanager
>>> ---------- Finished Migrate of target bbaudit

>was

>pbls
>>>seem
>>>PFCOLD.pbl,

>>>Powerbuilder
>PB
>>>never
>can

>>>migrated

>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>http://www.needhim.org
>>
>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---

2/5/2002 6:48:54 PM
Bruce, I'm still very confused. I took a look at the app in PB 5.0.2, where
it was originally built. I can regenerate the entire application fine there.
That leads me to believe that the 5.0.2 pbls have all of the cahnges to the
app.
However, when I take that same app and try to migrate it in 8.0, I get a Dr.
Watson error if I leave any of the 5.0.2 PFC or PFE pbl's in the
applicaiton. Is there something I am missing?? I can migrate the 5.0.2 pbls
for the applicaiton itself as long as I put in the 8.0 PFC and PFE pbls, but
then I get the errors I posted earlier about incorrect function parameters,
etc.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote in message
<10RlCXnrBHA.141@forums.sybase.com>...
>What you may be able to do is add some of those attribute (instance
variables)
>back in.  It will be a bit tougher, though, if they also added functions
here
>and there.
>
>On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:41:01 -0500,
> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
>Wallace Henry <whenry@newcorp.com> wrote:
>>Thanks Bruce. That's what I've been afraid of. I need to find that
>>information. Unfortuantely, I inherited this app from someone.
>>
>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote in message ...
>>>Error messages like these:

>>>Indicate that the n_cst_appmanager object in the PFE layer was probably
>>>modified.  You may not have the appropriate copy of that layer, the one
>>that
>>>added all those additional attributes.
>>>

>>>On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 08:04:24 -0500,
>>> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
>>where
>>never
>>someone

C0052:
C0052:
>>C0019:
>>C0003:
>>C0019:
>>C0019:
>>C0019:
>>argument
>>C0019:
>>C0019:
>>Condition
Incompatible
Unknown
>>C0051:
>>function
C0019:

>>was

>>pbls

>>PB
>>can

>>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>>http://www.needhim.org
>>>
>>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>>

>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>http://www.needhim.org
>
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Wallace
2/6/2002 6:52:14 PM
Are you sure that the 5.x PFC/PFE layer you are trying to migrate with the
app is the *same* PFC/PFE layer that it is using?  That is, there is a copy
of PFC in the PB5 directory, but there is most likely another copy somewhere
that the app refers to that has the changes.

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:52:14 -0500,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
Wallace Henry <whenry@newcorp.com> wrote:
>Bruce, I'm still very confused. I took a look at the app in PB 5.0.2, where
>it was originally built. I can regenerate the entire application fine there.
>That leads me to believe that the 5.0.2 pbls have all of the cahnges to the
>app.
>However, when I take that same app and try to migrate it in 8.0, I get a Dr.
>Watson error if I leave any of the 5.0.2 PFC or PFE pbl's in the
>applicaiton. Is there something I am missing?? I can migrate the 5.0.2 pbls
>for the applicaiton itself as long as I put in the 8.0 PFC and PFE pbls, but
>then I get the errors I posted earlier about incorrect function parameters,
>etc.
>

>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote in message
><10RlCXnrBHA.141@forums.sybase.com>...
>>What you may be able to do is add some of those attribute (instance
>variables)
>>back in.  It will be a bit tougher, though, if they also added functions
>here
>>and there.
>>
>>On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:41:01 -0500,
>> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
>>Wallace Henry <whenry@newcorp.com> wrote:
>>>Thanks Bruce. That's what I've been afraid of. I need to find that
>>>information. Unfortuantely, I inherited this app from someone.

>>>that

>>>where
>>>never
>>>someone

>C0052:
>C0052:
>>>C0019:
>>>C0003:
>>>C0019:
>>>C0019:
>>>C0019:
>>>argument
>>>C0019:
>>>C0019:
>>>Condition
>Incompatible
>for
>Unknown
>list
>>>C0051:
>>>function
>C0019:

>>>was

>>>pbls
>that

>>>PB
>>>can

>should

>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>http://www.needhim.org
>>
>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce

PB 5.0.2 to PB 8
I recently found myself in charge of an application built in Powerbuilder 5.0.2 using the PFC. Nobody seems to have the installation disks for PB 5.0.2 available anymore, so I was looking at Powerbuilder 8. I have never used PB 8 nor have I used PFC in any version. My 2 questions are 1) can and go from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8 and 2) how do you migrate using the PFC?? Thanks. Wallace Henry whenry@newcorp.com Wallace, if your PFC has not got 'customized' in any way, you might be able just to replace the old libraries with the new ones from PB 8. Each new version was ac...

Migrating a PFC based powerbuilder (Ver 8.0) Version application to PB10.0
Hi All, I have a PB application in Version 8.0 based on PFC. We are in the process of migrating that to PB10.0. Can u please tell me where to get the latest PFC libraries for the migration and how to incorporate in the migration. When I use the PFC from Ver 8.0, I am getting the followin errors during EXE creation. PFEMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_dropdownsearch).3: Warning C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_columns') will be implicitly private in the next release. PFEMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_querymode).5: Warning C0190: Instance variables o...

Migrating from PFC 5.0 to PFC 8.0
Hi there, i have a problem regarding migrating from PFC 5 to PFC 8.0 When i compile the application i get a lot of errors. (See attached file) What is the problem, do i have to use some of the PFC's in between first? Thanks in advance. begin 666 PFCERRORS.txt M<&9E87!S<G8N<&)L*&Y?8W-T7W!L871F;W)M;6%C*2XR.B!%<G)O<B @(" @ M("!#,# P,3H@26QL96=A;"!D871A('1Y<&4Z(&5G7U]N7V-S=%]P;&%T9F]R M;6UA8PT*<&9E87!S<G8N<&)L*&Y?8W-T7W!L871F;W)M=VEN,38I+C(Z($5R M<F]R(" @(" @($,P,# Q.B!);&QE9...

Problems with Powerbuilde 8.0.2 and Oracle 8.0.5 Client
Hello all. I have been problems to set up my Power Builder (8.0.2 Build 9506)=20 application to run against Oracle, Client 8.0.5. The fields that was=20 created like DATE in INFORMIX database, doesn=B4t run correctly over Oracle= ,=20 that use only DATETIME data type (native). In datawindow the field is DATE data type, and on Oracle table, this field = is DATETIME. When PB select this field I receive a wrong date. For example,= =20 I save this date (using the same datawindow), "2002-12-05", then when I=20 Retrieve the data, the data looks like this "48/51/1398&qu...

PowerBuilder 5.0 to 5.0.0.2
I hope this the correct venue for this question. I have a fresh install of PB 5.0 and I need to upgrade it to 5.0.0.2. I have found plenty of reference/downloads to 5.0.0.4 on the sybase website, but I need to go from 5.0 to 5.0.0.2. Where can I download the correct patch/upgrade? Thanks 5.0.0.2 is no longer available. You can choose between 5.0.03 (bug infested) and 5.0.04 (stable). -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Dwayne Bordelon" <dwayne.bordelon@shawinc...

Migrating Powerbuilder 6.5 application directly to PB 8.0
Hello , We are planning to Migrate an existing PB6.5 application onto PB 8.0. I would like to find out if any one of you has any details regarding the same . I would appreciate any detail . Thanks a lot..! Regards ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp We have migrated our 6.5 app to 8 with an eval copy and had no problems during the migration itself. We've found one obscure feature - we had menus built by external Windows system calls which would send a WM_Command message to a PB window that would interpret th...

Conversion from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 8.0
Hello All, We have a application which has been developed using PB 5.0 long back. We would like to migrate the application to latest version. We wanted to know how should we go about doing this. Can any one give us some pointers on this regard. TIA, Rajiv Rajiv, PB 8.0 has a tool for identifying migration issues. Open up PB 8.0 and select 'File/New...'. In the 'New' dialog that appears, go to the 'Tools' tab and select the Migration Assistant. Hope that helps! Dave Rooney Mayford Technologies http://www.mayford.ca <Rajiv> wrote in...

Upgrading PFC from 6.5 to 8.0
Hi, I am upgrading a PFC-based application from PowerBuilder/PFC 6.5 to PowerBuilder/PFC 8.0. I don't have PB 7. I have extra extension levels and a lot of extension-level customization. The readme.txt file included with PFC 8 tells me what changed between PFC 7 and PFC 8. However, I need to know what changed between PFC 6.5 and PFC 7. I've searched Sybase's site and I can't find the readme.txt file for PFC 7. I would really appreciate it if someone could send me this file (just the PFC 7 readme file). Thanks Stephanie Giovannini stephanieg@amdocs.com ---== Po...

PB 6.5 to PB 8.0 (PFC Migration)
Recently we got PB 8.0 upgrade version and we are planning to move from our large scale PB 6.5 code to PB 8.0. (1) I have migrated part of the code and ran it and works without any problem. (2) Now I need to plan to move our PFC of PB 6.5 to PB 8.0. I have searched sybase site and couldn't able to find anywhere a guide like we had for PB 5.0 to PB 6.5 migration guide. If you have come across any, please send me the url. Thanks and appreciate ur help on this. Check the release notes in the Program Files/Sybase/Powerbuilder X.0/PFC/readmeX0.txt file (where X is the PB major v...

Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0?
Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0? In present project current code hierarchy is like: PB 8 code � PFC 8 � own customize PFC 8 ( convert all object like n_cst_dataawareattrib --ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib)� own customize PFE 8 ( but no change in basic object names) Client customizes all object of PFC 8 like this "ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib" and in PFE object are like "n_cst_dataawareattrib". What will be best approach to migrate it? PB 8 code (migrate to PB 11) � PFC 8 (replace with PFC 11) � Own customi...

Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0?
Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0? In present project current code hierarchy is like: PB 8 code � PFC 8 � own customize PFC 8 ( convert all object like n_cst_dataawareattrib --ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib)� own customize PFE 8 ( but no change in basic object names) Client customizes all object of PFC 8 like this "ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib" and in PFE object are like "n_cst_dataawareattrib". What will be best approach to migrate it? PB 8 code (migrate to PB 11) � PFC 8 (replace with PFC 11) � Own cust...

SM2.5 crash
I got those traps when trying to 'Edit as new'(?) a previous sent mail and wanted to change the language via right click in subject line. Was reproduce able a few times but now it works. Maybe I tried to fast switching spell checker? ------------------------------------------------------------ 12-06-2011 21:37:47 SYS3171 PID 006e TID 0001 Slot 0077 P:\SEAMONKEY2\SEA!LRQ.EXE c0000005 14dd6ac8 P1=00000002 P2=0002fffc P3=XXXXXXXX P4=XXXXXXXX EAX=00030064 EBX=00030180 ECX=00030180 EDX=27a22940 ESI=24c5ee88 EDI=24c5ee88 DS=0053 DSACC=f0f3 DSLIM=ffffffff ES=0053...

Migrating to PB 8.0 from PB 6.5 and using PFC
Hello, My company is considering moving to PB 8.0 very soon. We have already spoken with a sales rep but I would like clarification on one thing. At least two of our apps make use of PFC with regular PB 6.5 code. When we upgrade to PB 8.0 do we need to purchase an upgrade for our PFC code as well or is that already bundled with the PB 8.0 upgrade. Thanks, Teresa Brinkley 8.0 ships with the PFC libraries - but that's part of the "custom" install. During the install process, you have to select "Custom", and check ON the PFC checkbox. -- Paul Hora...

Upgrading PFC 5.0.02 to PFC 5.0.03
Can I upgrade form PFC 5.0.02 to PFC 5.0.03 without any problems? Do I have to change the source of my applications ? Thanks, Edwin. >> Upgrade from 5.0.02 - 5.0.03 << Upgrade and test a lot. There has been a mixed bag of reactions to 5.0.03. Is anything broken? Or do you just want to move up? 5.0.04 is out and that may be better but a bigger unknown. Mark -- Mark Pfeifer[Team Powersoft] mpfeifer@sprynet.com *** Are You Ready For The Web? *** *** www.ctpartners.com *** ...

PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Build 8003 + Oracle 8.0.5
Are there know bugs with PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Build 8003 + Oracle 8.0.5? It seems to be extremely slow (compared to using Oracle 7.3.4) and will gpf on exit about 1/3 of the time. Also if the Build 8003 is unstable what is the stable release we should use? -Greg Definitely upgrade to the C3 (8046) release. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase "Greg Bluntzer" <gbluntzer@assetworks.com> wrote in message news:sIEbUU9JAHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Are there know bugs with...

Web resources about - Application in Powerbuilder 5.0.2 with PFC - can I go to PB 8?? - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles