apo_control from PB 5.0 to PB 6.5

I am testing an application that worked fine in PB 5.0.04 but does not work
in PB 6.5.  It has a specialized pfc_postupdate syntax in a window that was
basically copied from PFC to the window, modified and then over-ridden.  The
problem is in the apo_control count for updated objects.  Since going to 6.5
it does not account for all updated objects on the window (there should be 3
and it is only reporting 1)???  The debugger in PB 6.5 just sends me in
circles when I try to locate the problem.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

0
Tom

Tom,
Have you looked into the logical unit of work service.  Register each of the
three objects and it should solve your problem.

--
Mark A. Singleton
BEST Consulting

Tom Pitts <TPitts@Hillyard.com> wrote in message
> I am testing an application that worked fine in PB 5.0.04 but does not
work
> in PB 6.5.  It has a specialized pfc_postupdate syntax in a window that
was
> basically copied from PFC to the window, modified and then over-ridden.
The
> problem is in the apo_control count for updated objects.  Since going to
6.5
> it does not account for all updated objects on the window (there should be
3
> and it is only reporting 1)???  The debugger in PB 6.5 just sends me in
> circles when I try to locate the problem.  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

0
Mark
5/25/1999 1:34:54 AM
Mark - thanks, I was just looking at that currently I use the
of_setupdatable function.  Is the of_setlogicalunitofwork kind of a
replacement for this function.  The trick with this application is that
there are many tabpages that are to be treated as totally seperate saves.
Thanks for your help..

Mark A. Singleton wrote in message <0bjCPHlp#GA.138@forums.sybase.com>...
>Tom,
>Have you looked into the logical unit of work service.  Register each of
the
>three objects and it should solve your problem.
>

>--
>Mark A. Singleton
>BEST Consulting
>marks@bestnet.com
>
>Tom Pitts <TPitts@Hillyard.com> wrote in message
>> I am testing an application that worked fine in PB 5.0.04 but does not
>work
>> in PB 6.5.  It has a specialized pfc_postupdate syntax in a window that
>was
>> basically copied from PFC to the window, modified and then over-ridden.
>The
>> problem is in the apo_control count for updated objects.  Since going to
>6.5
>> it does not account for all updated objects on the window (there should
be
>3
>> and it is only reporting 1)???  The debugger in PB 6.5 just sends me in
>> circles when I try to locate the problem.  Any help is greatly
>appreciated.

0
Tom

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5
Hi, I tried to miograte our applications to PB6.5, all it's riht. In developpement mode, all it's ok. I do the excutable OK. I launch it : ERROR, call settrans object ....Datawindow information, not available !! I recompile the exe with trace mode and a lot of messages boxes to see if the SQLCA transaction, it's ok. I launch, transaction it's ok, I get the error message, the trace file is empty !!! What 's wrong doctor ? Could you give me some help ? fred Have you dynamically assigned the datawindow object - e.g., dw_1.DataObject='d_mydat...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

PB 6.5 Migrated from PB 5.0 Application deployment
I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5. I have compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both the developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04 installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment DLL's to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set of PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's. It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB 5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process. My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd'...

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

SQLANY50 error after upgraded from PB 5.0 to PB 6.5
Hello, I upgraded my application which use SQLANY50+WIN98 from PB 5.0 to PB 6.5. Everything was ok in the PB 6.5 IDE. But when I compiled it to EXE and ran it on the same PC, the following error message appeared: "999: DBMS ODBC SQL ANYWHERE 5.0 is not supported in your current installation". and, the EXE of PB5.0 runs ok. How to do? Thanks. Dong Zuming This is likely a pathing issue. There's a faxline document available at support.sybase.com entitled 'Resolving DBMS xxx is not supported..." that should help you out. Jim O'Neil Syb...

Web resources about - apo_control from PB 5.0 to PB 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc