PB10 Oracle client 8 and Oracle client 9

I recently migrate our apps from PB9 to PB10.  Most of our users have oracle
client 8 installed, some have oracle client 9.  PCs with oracle 9 client can
access our oracle db fine.  PCs with oracle 8 client cannot.  Datawindows
cannot do a simple retrieve!

Any help is appriciated!
Thanks!
HD

0
HD
10/13/2005 5:35:23 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.pbni 488 articles. 0 followers. Follow

First thing you want to do is post over in the powerbuilder.connectivity or
powerbuilder.database section.  This is the PBNI section, which doesn't have
anything to do with connectivity to a particular database.

"HD" <hdoan@umn.edu> wrote in message news:434e9adb$1@forums-1-dub...
>I recently migrate our apps from PB9 to PB10.  Most of our users have
>oracle client 8 installed, some have oracle client 9.  PCs with oracle 9
>client can access our oracle db fine.  PCs with oracle 8 client cannot.
>Datawindows cannot do a simple retrieve!
>
> Any help is appriciated!
> Thanks!
> HD

0
Bruce

PB10 Oracle client 8 and oracle client 9
I recently migrate our apps from PB9 to PB10. Most of our users have oracle client 8 installed, some have oracle client 9. PCs with oracle 9 client can access our oracle db fine. PCs with oracle 8 client cannot. Datawindows cannot do a simple retrieve! Any help is appriciated! Thanks! HD I use O84 driver to access Oracle 8i/9i without problem. What are you using? Any error messages. Have you run a pbtrace (SQLCA.DBMS="trace O84") ? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement reque...

DBD::Oracle and Support for Oracle 8 and 9 clients
I just want to get a general feeling of the community on weather the next version of DBD::Oracle (1.22) should drop support for the Oracle 8 and Oracle 9 clients I was just reviewing the code today and there are a large number of little fixes here and there to make these two clients work with later versions of DBD::Oracle. With the upcoming demise of Oracle support of 9i we will see a good number of already deprecated functions removed from later OCI (12 maybe?) releases. So I was thinking of cleaning up the code so that the next version 1.22 only supports 9.6 and later clie...

Oracle error for Oracle client 9.2 and PB 8.0.3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub3f33c388 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Anyone knows why we get a ORA-06401 error when trying to connect to Oracle 9.0 (see attachment) ? We use Oracle client 9.2.0.1.0 with PB 8.0.3 Our connection profile is like this : DBMS = "O90 Oracle9i (9.0.1)" LogPass = <******> ServerName = "server" LogId = "schema" AutoCommit = False DBParm = "PBCatalogOwner='schema'" When we try to connect using PB in the ...

Problems with Powerbuilde 8.0.2 and Oracle 8.0.5 Client
Hello all. I have been problems to set up my Power Builder (8.0.2 Build 9506)=20 application to run against Oracle, Client 8.0.5. The fields that was=20 created like DATE in INFORMIX database, doesn=B4t run correctly over Oracle= ,=20 that use only DATETIME data type (native). In datawindow the field is DATE data type, and on Oracle table, this field = is DATETIME. When PB select this field I receive a wrong date. For example,= =20 I save this date (using the same datawindow), "2002-12-05", then when I=20 Retrieve the data, the data looks like this "48/51/1398&qu...

Can we use pbo7370.dll with Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 8.1.6 Server?
Hi all Current scenario: PB 7.0.3 build 10135 PB DBMS Setting : O84 ORACLE 8.0.4 Oracle Server 8.1.6 Oracle Client 8.1.7 Note : I don't have any other Oracle Client versions in my Box other than 8.1.7. We had some errors in this setup, one to specify is the "ORA-24347 Warning of a Null column in aggregate function". One of my friend advised me to try the following scenario: PB 7.0.3 build 10135 PB DBMS Setting : O73 ORACLE 7.3 Oracle Server 8.1.6 Oracle Client 8.1.7 Note : I don't have any other Oracle Client versions in my Box other than 8.1.7. It work...

PowerBuilder 7: upgrading Oracle 8 to Oracle 9
Hello, I'm currently using PowerBuilder 7.0.3 connecting to Oracle 8.1.7. If I upgraded to Oracle9i, will the upgrade cause any problems with my existing applications and continue to develop applications? I noticed that new features were not supported by PB7 as stated by Sybase below. I simply can't utilize new features, right?? Thanks in advance --- snip --- http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 Version: PowerBuilder 7.0.3 Connects to: Oracle 9.0.1 Driver: pbo8470.dll Notes: Oracle 9.0.1 new features are not supported with this driver. -------- ...

oracle instant client for Linux (oracle 9.2) ?
--047d7b10cc876bfbd104cb035f10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Ok, A further install question; on my webserver that has no oracle, it seems i need oracle instant client for oracle 9.2, but i am only seeing options for 10.2 or later. trying to 'perl Makefile.PL', i get the error about LD_LIBRARY_PATH not having ORACLE_HOME, so i added the path as will be true on host B, ... any pointers how to get this install accomplished on my webserver? will instantclient 10.2 work on 9.2? TIA, jackc... --047d7b10cc876bfbd104cb035f10-- There's another option...

ENC: DBD-ORacle with Oracle Client 9 on XP
------_=_NextPart_001_01C22917.ED698F60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =20 I couldn=B4t connect using oracle client 9i. I receive the following from perl.exe: "This application has failed to start because OCI.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem" =20 Someone can help? Doesn=B4t DBD-Oracle work with oracle client 9i on = XP? Rosane Novello=20 rnovello@sendas.com.br=20 =20 =20 Rosane Novello=20 email: rnovello@sendas.com.br=20 =20 ------_...

Oracle 8i client connected to Oracle 9 database.
I have connected my Powerbuilder 9 application to a Oracle 9i database using Oracle 8i client. My Oracle home is set to 8. My Powerbuilder DB connection is using Oracle 8. Things seem to work. Why? In general, there will be compatibilty between client and server versions here; however, you'd have to check Oracle for their specific supported configurations. If you try to access anything new in Oracle 9 (like new datatypes, etc.), I expect you'll see problems that may be handled gracefully or not so gracefully. On 3 Dec 2004 13:03:31 -0800, Kurt Pager wrote: >I have co...

Powerbuilder 7 and Oracle client 9
Can someone tell me if PB 7 support Oracle client version 9.x Thank you We are using PB 7 with Oracle 9i client using PB's O84 native driver. Sam > Can someone tell me if PB 7 support Oracle client version > 9.x > > Thank you ...

Do I need to install both oracle 7.3 and oracle 8 clients to work my PB applications some with ora 7.3 and some ora 8?
Hi, My PB5 application uses Oracle 7.3 and PB8 applications uses oracle 8i. Do I need to install both Oracle 7.3 and Oracle 8 clients to deploy my PB 5 and PB 8 application. Please comment Thanks Mulinti I've answered this elsewhere. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/ http://www.pb9books.com <Mulinti> wrote in message news:D3D0347141F544BB0059FE7585256CBD.0059FE8585256CBD@webforums... > Hi, > > My PB5 application uses Oracle 7.3 and PB8 applications uses oracle 8i....

Powerbuilder 9 / Oracle JDBC
I'm attempting to write my first application using Powerbuilder 9 and the Oracle JDBC driver. I was hoping for zero client configuration but that doesnt seem to be the case. Does anybody know what will need done to the client to connect? Thanks. Please refrain from crossposting. <Jim> wrote in message news:42404ce9.1017.1681692777@sybase.com... > I'm attempting to write my first application using > Powerbuilder 9 and the Oracle JDBC driver. I was hoping for > zero client configuration but that doesnt seem to be the > case. Does anybody know what will...

How to find the Oracle Patch info in Oracle Client 8.1.7
I would appreciate any help on finding the Patch info in Oracle Client 8.1.7 Thanks in advance Ramesh Found it!!!!!...

Oracle client and DBD::Oracle
Hi to all Has anyone tried to install DBD::Oracle with success while Oracle Client is installed? In my case oci.h and some other headers were not found and i ultimately enforced to install the whole database server for the job. Is there any known trick about that? On 03/19/2005 06:44 AM, John said: > Has anyone tried to install DBD::Oracle with success while Oracle > Client is installed? > > In my case oci.h and some other headers were not found and i > ultimately enforced to install the whole database server for the job. > > Is there any known ...

Web resources about - PB10 Oracle client 8 and Oracle client 9 - sybase.powerbuilder.pbni

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

News Oracle
The News Oracle is an online news outlet. The Oracle covers the most relevant stories from around the globe.

Kenshoo, Oracle Social Cloud Announce Integration
... and provider of cloud-based digital marketing solutions and predictive media optimization technology, announced an integration with Oracle Social ...

Oracle Sees Future in Traditional Targeting
The evangelists of cutting-edge audience data and targeting are embracing the traditional. Oracle, owner of digital data pioneers BlueKai and ...

Oracle: Cloud Profit Set to Trough This Year, Rise in ’17, Says Goldman
Shares of database giant Oracle (ORCL) are up 54 cents, 1.5%, $37.84, after Goldman Sachs’s Heather Bellini this morning reiterated her Buy rating ...

Oracle's Amazon-killer might really be six months away
At Oracle's enormous customer conference held last month in San Francisco, company execs talked endlessly about Oracle's plan to dominate in ...

Tencent Holding ADR Partners With Oracle To Expand Cloud Services In China
China Business News Tencent Holding ADR Partners With Oracle To Expand Cloud Services In China China Business News Oracle Corporation (NYSE:ORCL) ...

Court tosses out Oracle's bid to disqualify Java expert
A court in California has declined Oracle's bid to disqualify an expert in its copyright dispute with Google over the use of Java code in the ...

Bulls last regular-season team to win at Oracle Arena, but improbable task lies ahead
Since last year the Bulls are the only team to beat the Warriors at the Oracle Arena in the regular season, but will have a tough task ahead ...