Installation of Powerbuilder

Hello.   I believe my problem should not be listed here but
couldn't find a newsgroup that fit my problem.

Yesterday, I installed PB 7 and PB 8. Subsequently I used PB
8. Today, I needed to use programs running on PB 7. Since my
PB oracle connection has not been configured, I had to
re-install the oracle connections.  But I couldn't. So
thinking that perhaps this had to do with my PB 8, i
uninstall (using the add/remove from control panel) both PB
7 and PB 8.

Now i tried installing PB 7.  But the problem is, the cd
kept sayinging that it has installed the enterprise software
successfully.  But when i checked, there is no powerbuilder.

Is there any other things that need to be done for the
previous uninstallation?

My advance thank YOu
0
Halimabee
8/24/2004 6:26:50 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.pbni 488 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please post this to the powerbuilder.general forum. This forum is
dedicated to PBNI, a C++ interface for PowerBuilder 9.0 and later.

--
Roy

Halimabee wrote:

> Hello.   I believe my problem should not be listed here but
> couldn't find a newsgroup that fit my problem.
>
> Yesterday, I installed PB 7 and PB 8. Subsequently I used PB
> 8. Today, I needed to use programs running on PB 7. Since my
> PB oracle connection has not been configured, I had to
> re-install the oracle connections.  But I couldn't. So
> thinking that perhaps this had to do with my PB 8, i
> uninstall (using the add/remove from control panel) both PB
> 7 and PB 8.
>
> Now i tried installing PB 7.  But the problem is, the cd
> kept sayinging that it has installed the enterprise software
> successfully.  But when i checked, there is no powerbuilder.
>
> Is there any other things that need to be done for the
> previous uninstallation?
>
> My advance thank YOu
0
Roy

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Install order and PowerBuilder VM installation
Three questions: 1.) When I install the PB EBFs does that also upgrade the PBVM that EAServer uses? What about the reverse? If I install the PB 7 and PB 8 support in EAServer, does the install upgrade the VM that PB uses 2.) If not, what should the order of installation be for PowerBuilder 7.0.3, PowerBuilder 8.0.1, and EAServer 4.1.1. 3.) What about PowerBuilder 8.0.2? Can I safely install this update with EAServer 4.1.1? Hi! >1.) When I install the PB EBFs does that also upgrade the PBVM that EAServer >uses? What about the reverse? If I install the PB 7 and PB...

pbni in powerbuilder
hi. just looking around and asking myself if it's possible to write a pbni in powerbuilder instad of vc++? Well, the whole point of PBNI is to allow you to do things in PowerBuilder that you can't do through PowerScript. You don't have to use VC++, there are other C++ compilers out there, but you do have to do it through C++. -- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange: http://www.codexchange.sybase.com Preach the g...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Problem installing PowerBuilder
Hi I installed powerbuilder 9 in a windows XP machine and then the 7236 patch. I noticed that the icons showed in the new painter are not properly showed or are not the icons commonly displayed. Then I created a new workspace and application target, but when I try to create a project target is telling me that an add-on software was not installed. Is there something in windows xp that is messing with the powerbuilder installation?. I guess this has happened to other people because I just installed powerbuilder normally. Thank you My first thought is that 7236 is an update to P...

EAserver and Powerbuilder installation
Hi Friends, EAserver and Powerbuilder which one need to be installed first. I found that if I install EAserver first and then Powerbuilder and when I start the Jaguar, Jagaur is starting and display 'Accepting Connections' fast. If I install Powerbuilder first and then EAserver, Jaguar is taking long time to start and display 'Accepting Connections' As it is therefore which one is the right method and what are the pros and cons. TIA RAO ...

Install Powerbuilder failed
Hello : I am installing a new Powerbuilder 5.0 Enterprise edition , my compouter is a compaq DESKTOP with Pentium 166 , 16M RAM installed , But when I installed the PowerBuilder chose 32-bit it always prompt in the procedure : Copy D:\ntidk\ntidk4\PBTYP050.DLL to C:\Pwrs\Sys32\PBTYP050.DLL generate interface fault ,located at moduel KPRHPL32.DLL O137:brr85b3c I am misterioused , if there are something wrong with my configure ? Each word will be highly appriciated ! Jing Shen ( sj@china.pages.co.cn ) ...

Custom installation for Powerbuilder
I need to generate a silent/custom install for only 4 components of the Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 I have tried the -r and -s switches. I have also tried running the setup for each individual component but I get errors asking to use the common setup. In the end I plan on pushing out the software to 45 developers through SMS 2.0 and help would be appreciated. ...

Why Powerbuilder ?
Hi, I face a strange problem.... In company I started to work recently someone years ago decided to do any client/server development ( internal use only ) in SQL Windows / Gupta. As a ex-Power user I never bought into this concept and I think there is no need to discuss which product is better.... The problem now is - a big new project is coming up and I'm trying to lobby for PB as toll to to realize it with ( SQL Server 6.5 as back end ). My boss however doesn't take my opinion for granted, wanted me to convince him that it's right way to go. I surfed the web for a fe...

powerbuilder
i'm looking into evaluating powerbuilder and was just wondering if powerbuilder has a COM/CORBA interface. In addition, will powerbuilder accept incoming XML streams? PowerBuilder can generate COM components, although they are actually Com-Wrappered PB components. The CORBA interface hooks into Sybase EAServer, and there's limited access to other CORBA servers. PB cannot accept XML streams natively, but you can implement the MSXML interface without a great deal of difficulty. What's your goal in your evaluation and what are you comparing to? regards, Bill al ...

Installing Powerbuilder on x64
has anyone successfully installed PB10 on a x86 machine? I got myself a new toy to play with at home (a dual xeon x64) and am trying to install PB 10. I installed teh 64 bit developer edition of ASA successfully but the PB install seems to be running forever. Any pointers? Mark Sorry I typed x86 (by old habit) I meant x64. "Mark" <nobody@nowhere.nowhere.com> wrote in message news:42cc8bb5@forums-2-dub... > has anyone successfully installed PB10 on a x86 machine? I got myself a > new toy to play with at home (a dual xeon x64) and am trying to inst...

Web resources about - Installation of Powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.pbni

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...

Australia leads world in household solar panel installations
Australia has the highest rate of household solar panel installation in the world.

Tesla Powerwall home installations are starting for pilot customers
A first look at the consumer-facing Powerwall from Tesla. (credit: Megan Geuss) Tesla has begun shipping 7kWh stationary batteries— branded ...