error calling method of a PBNI object in 'CreateJavaInstance'

There is an error "error calling method of a PBNI object " at
CreateJavaInstance function of  'FilterInputStream' .But it
works fine when "InputStream".

Does anyone know what 's wrong or how to debug it??

eg:
InputStream     IS_1
FilterInputStream     Filter_IS
ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(IS_1,"InputStream")
ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(Filter_IS,"FilterInputStream")

zhangj
11/3/2003 9:09:26 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.pbni 488 articles. 0 followers. Follow

First, run your C++ debugger and see what error message you are getting in your
C++ code when you get to that point.

On 3 Nov 2003 01:09:26 -0800,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
zhangj <WhisperQQ@163.com> wrote:
>There is an error "error calling method of a PBNI object " at
>CreateJavaInstance function of  'FilterInputStream' .But it
>works fine when "InputStream".
>
>Does anyone know what 's wrong or how to debug it??
>
>eg:
>InputStream     IS_1
>FilterInputStream     Filter_IS
>ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(IS_1,"InputStream")
>ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(Filter_IS,"FilterInputStream")

Bruce
11/5/2003 8:25:00 PM
Thanks for your response!
But  maybe I had not described legibly.
The object  I use is EJBConnection in pb9,not object of pb2java or java2pb
program. So it's method is 'CreateJavaInstance',not 'CreateJavaObject'.
I had read mails about it  in this forum. But  found nothing than can help
me. And so I didn't know how to do next.

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> ?
�J�����s?:3fa95dcb$1@forums-2-dub...
> First, run your C++ debugger and see what error message you are getting in
your
> C++ code when you get to that point.
>
> On 3 Nov 2003 01:09:26 -0800,
>  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
> zhangj <WhisperQQ@163.com> wrote:
> >There is an error "error calling method of a PBNI object " at
> >CreateJavaInstance function of  'FilterInputStream' .But it
> >works fine when "InputStream".
> >
> >Does anyone know what 's wrong or how to debug it??
> >
> >eg:
> >InputStream     IS_1
> >FilterInputStream     Filter_IS
> >ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(IS_1,"InputStream")
> >ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(Filter_IS,"FilterInputStream")

zhangj
11/6/2003 1:14:38 AM
Probably worth a call to Sybase Technical Support.  Do you get the
error on any Java class or just this one?  Did you generate the
proxies via PowerBuilder or code them yourself?

On 5 Nov 2003 17:14:38 -0800, "zhangj" <WhisperQQ@163.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your response!
>But  maybe I had not described legibly.
>The object  I use is EJBConnection in pb9,not object of pb2java or java2pb
>program. So it's method is 'CreateJavaInstance',not 'CreateJavaObject'.
>I had read mails about it  in this forum. But  found nothing than can help
>me. And so I didn't know how to do next.
>
>"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> ?
>�J�����s?:3fa95dcb$1@forums-2-dub...
>> First, run your C++ debugger and see what error message you are getting in
>your
>> C++ code when you get to that point.
>>
>> On 3 Nov 2003 01:09:26 -0800,
>>  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
>> zhangj <WhisperQQ@163.com> wrote:
>> >There is an error "error calling method of a PBNI object " at
>> >CreateJavaInstance function of  'FilterInputStream' .But it
>> >works fine when "InputStream".
>> >
>> >Does anyone know what 's wrong or how to debug it??
>> >
>> >eg:
>> >InputStream     IS_1
>> >FilterInputStream     Filter_IS
>> >ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(IS_1,"InputStream")
>> >ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(Filter_IS,"FilterInputStream")

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA
0
joneil
11/6/2003 2:38:48 AM
I had coded some proxies like  'FilterInputStream' ,and some of them work
fine.

But it also hava a error "error calling method of a PBNI object "   when i
use 'FilterOutputStream' proxy that be generated by PB.

The FilterInputStream proxy 's srx file is as follow:
---------------------------\
$PBExportHeader$filterinputstream.srx
$PBExportComments$Proxy imported from EJB via EJB Proxy generator.
global type FilterInputStream from InputStream
end type

type variables
 protected:
string FilterInputStream_javaname= "java.io.FilterInputStream"
end variables

forward prototypes
 public:
function long  read()      throws IOException alias for "read,()I"
function long  read(int int_1[])    throws IOException alias for
"read,([B)I"
function long  read(int int_1[],long long_1,long long_2) throws IOException
alias for "read,([BII)I"
function longlong skip(longlong longlong_1)   throws IOException alias for
"skip,(J)J"
function long  available()     throws IOException alias for "available,()I"
subroutine   close()      throws IOException alias for "close,()V"
subroutine   mark(long long_1)         alias for "mark,(I)V"
subroutine   reset()      throws IOException alias for "reset,()V"
function boolean  markSupported()          alias for "markSupported,()Z"
end prototypes
---------------------------/

And I tried another simple java class--just an ejb.But it also have same
error. How to debug it?  waiting..
---------------------------\
$PBExportHeader$javaproxyhome.srx
$PBExportComments$Proxy imported from EJB via EJB Proxy generator.
global type JavaProxyHome from EJBHome
end type

type variables
 protected:
string JavaProxyHome_javaname= "javaproxy.JavaProxyHome"
end variables

forward prototypes
 public:
function JavaProxy create() throws CreateException, RemoteException alias
for "create,()Ljavaproxy/JavaProxy;"
end prototypes
---------------------------/

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil@sybase.com> ?�J�����s
?:3fa9b20f.5241326@forums.sybase.com...
> Probably worth a call to Sybase Technical Support.  Do you get the
> error on any Java class or just this one?  Did you generate the
> proxies via PowerBuilder or code them yourself?
>
> On 5 Nov 2003 17:14:38 -0800, "zhangj" <WhisperQQ@163.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for your response!
> >But  maybe I had not described legibly.
> >The object  I use is EJBConnection in pb9,not object of pb2java or
java2pb
> >program. So it's method is 'CreateJavaInstance',not 'CreateJavaObject'.
> >I had read mails about it  in this forum. But  found nothing than can
help
> >me. And so I didn't know how to do next.
> >
> >"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
?
> >�J�����s?:3fa95dcb$1@forums-2-dub...
> >> First, run your C++ debugger and see what error message you are getting
in
> >your
> >> C++ code when you get to that point.
> >>
> >> On 3 Nov 2003 01:09:26 -0800,
> >>  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni

> Jim O'Neil
> Principal Technical Support Engineer
> Sybase, Inc.
> Concord, MA

0
zhangj

'Invalid object for method' error calling jaguar component method
I am attempting to call a jaguar component method that has an string argument defined as INOUT. The component has been created in PowerBuilder where the argument is passed by reference. I am able to call the java.CreateComponent successfully but when the component method is called the following error is generated in my browser: Invalid object for method doSomething near line 34 in "/test.htm" Here is the code segment from my server script in the test.htm page: <% .... test = java.CreateComponent("fts/test", "iiop://localhost:9000", "jagadmin...

'Can't locate object method' error whenever 'Groups' is clicked
I am using Bugzilla 2.22.1 on Linux with Apache 1.3.33 and Perl 5.8.4. For the most part everything is working great, however, whenever I click on 'Groups' I get the following error: undef error - Can't locate object method "use_for" via package "Bugzilla::Group" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Template/Stash.pm line 870. Can someone please help me resolve this? Here are the Perl modules I am using: Checking perl modules ... Checking for AppConfig (v1.52) ok: found v1.63 Checking for CGI (v2.93) ok: found v3.25 Checki...

''''''''''''''''''''

error: Object of type 'Object' cannot be converted to type 'Array'.
I'm getting the error listed in the subject of this post that is occurring due to a a conflict between Mootools and the .NET-generated JS when using AJAX as described in the following link: http://dev.mootools.net/ticket/553 To get a detailed view of the error, open the following page in Firefox and use Firebug to see the error details.  IE will just show the error icon at the bottom left of the window and it doesn't give much detail about the error.http://www.compasslearning.com/customersite/icg/checklist.aspx?list=1 The collision is occurring on line 5762 of the "Script...

Asynchronous call
Hi,I hope someone can help. I need to call a web-method aynchronously from a windows console app. Now I've used asynchonrous calls to web-methods before to call a web method from a web app and I've always used the 'myws.BeginMyMethod' method (note the 'Begin' prefix), however in my console app I've found that the 'Begin' method doesn't exist (ie it's not an option in the code completion for the web service); On...

CS0118: 'objDR' is a 'variable' but is used like a 'method' Error
Hi all , iam getting the above error when iam reading data using Reader can any body tell me what iam doing wrong . Here is code   public bool CheckCredentials(string Username, string Password) {     objConn.Open();     objCmd = new OleDbCommand("SELECT User_Name, Pass FROM Users WHERE User_Name=@givenUsername", objConn);     objCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@givenUsername", Username);     objDR = objCmd.ExecuteReader();     if (!objDR.Read()) {         return false;   &nbs...

error CS1579: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'object' because 'object' does not contain a public definition for 'GetEnumerator'
Hi,I tried samples on preventing javascript injection attacks tutorial(http://www.asp.net/learn/mvc/tutorial-06-cs.aspx) and while executing i am getting this error. d:\DotNet\MVCapplication\MvcApplication1\MvcApplication1\Views\Home\Index.aspx(23): error CS1579: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'object' because 'object' does not contain a public definition for 'GetEnumerator'Pls suggest me.   The problem is this line in the tutorial code: foreach (Feedback feedback in ViewData.Model) You either need to cast ViewData.Model ...

'''''

ERROR: 'object' does not contain a definition for 'methodName'
I have a class and a page. The class has a method called RetrieveImage(int idx). In the Page_Load event, I called the RetrieveImage(3). example: Page_Load() {   ImagePrint objImage = new ImagePrint();   objImage.RetrieveImage(3);} I get the error CS0117: 'ImagePrint' does not contain a definition for 'RetrieveImage'   what am I missing? any clue would be appreciated. I'm still stuck. Is your ImagePrint class in the same namespace as the Page class that is trying to use it? NC...   No. The ImagePrint is a class inside the App_Code directory under a ...

error msg: .....'property' where a 'method' was expected
I created a ASP .NET application with C#. Here is my code:private void Button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e){   label1.Text=ViewState["Value"];}Complied, and got error message:'System.Web.UI.Control.ViewState' denotes a 'property' where a 'method' was expected.How to use/handle/solve 'property' and 'method'.Thanks Hi tobyhong, The same code works fine on my machine. only error i got is cannot convert object to string. so changed it to  label1.Text=ViewState["Value"].ToString(); Thanks.Followed your instruction, it DID work....

Error: 'Object' does not contain a definition for 'object__field'
The problem is as follows. I'm trying to reduce the number calls I'm making into the SalesForce API. Currently, I use 3 calls to obtain the fields I need from the Account Object.  Here are the three methods I'm using: private string getContactId(string selfServiceUserName)    {        QueryResult qr = null;         sfdc.QueryOptionsValue = new QueryOptions();        sfdc.QueryOptionsValue.batchSize = 1;        sfdc.Query...

''Null' is null or not an object' error when Button submit
I am getting an error "null is null or not an object' When I press RegenerateButton the event will not fire. If anybody have the solution for this. Please share with me.  Please see the code.  <%@ page language="C#" masterpagefile="~/Public/Treasury.master" autoeventwireup="true" codefile="TreasuryDivisionReportB.aspx.cs" inherits="Protected_Taxes_Reports_TreasuryDivisionReportB" title="Treasury Division Report -B" %> <asp:content id="Content1" contentplaceholderid="ContentPl...

''Null' is null or not an object' error when Button submit
  I am getting an error "null is null or not an object' When I press RegenerateButton the event will not fire. If anybody have the solution for this. Please share with me.  Please see the code.  <%@ page language="C#" masterpagefile="~/Public/Treasury.master" autoeventwireup="true" codefile="TreasuryDivisionReportB.aspx.cs" inherits="Protected_Taxes_Reports_TreasuryDivisionReportB" title="Treasury Division Report -B" %> <asp:content id="Content1" contentplaceholderid="Con...

EXECUTE permission denied on object 'TransInsertCommand', database 'TSD_SQL', owner 'dbo'.
Hello, Any help on the above would be great.  I will give some more information on this.  I have two sets of Stored Procedures.  One works and this one does not.  They are inserting into two different tables.  The permissions are the same.  I am just wondering why one set of stored procedures would work and the other set does not.    Thanks,Nighthawk When you get this message, it just means that the user you're using to connect to the database does not have Execute permissions on that Stored procedure You'll need to grant that user execu...

Web resources about - error calling method of a PBNI object in 'CreateJavaInstance' - sybase.powerbuilder.pbni