does pb 9 supports pdf distiller or pdf writer using pbni

I am trying to fix an application in pb8 that uses pdf writer or pdf 995.
the program currently pops with the saveas dialog.
I would like to suppress that in PB8.
OR
If I use PB9 can this be suppressed. I don't want to use ghost script
because that leads into new issues of licensing and so on.
Thanks In advance
VSV

0
vsv
12/12/2003 7:37:10 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.pbni 488 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PDF file using PB 9...
Is there a way to control the size of the PDF file that is created using PB 9? In my earlier testing on our test box the sizeof the PDF file was around 20 kb, now that I'm testing on our development server the file size is about 3 times larger. I'm concerned about this because I'm saving the file in the database and fear that this will cause the database to grow very quickly. I want to get the file size as small as possible. Any ideas or suggestions? Troy You could probably recover the PostScript file with a file recovery tool to see if there's much differe...

creating pdf in pb using distiller
Hello, I have a program that creates a pdf using acrobat distiller and emails it. When the pdf is first created, there is a lag time of minimum 20 seconds. After this, the sooner it is created again, the quicker it is. The longer of a wait between creations, the longer it takes to create. This is extremely slow on users with slower machines. This is probably more of a windows/distiller issue, but I was wondering if anybody had any ideas. Thanks, Brian ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp We don't use Dis...

PowerBuilder 9, 11.5
our configuration: EAServer 5.5 PowerBuilder 9, 11.5 Windows XP, 2003 what we do: generate PDF documents using the distill method (Sybase Postscript Printer Driver, Ghostscript) with PowerBuilder in EAServer using datastore.SaveAs(ls_fileName, PDF!, TRUE). This works fine, no problem there. what is it about: the generated PDF document seems to be somewhat 'protected' - what I mean is: if I open the PDF document, select some text therein and copy this text to a notepad document then the resulting text is non readable anybody has an idea why ? anybody knows...

Save as PDF using Distill! method
I've read all the posts about Saveas PDF, but I'm still having problems. I have been trying unsuccessfully to use the Distill method to save as PDF. I'm using PB10.2.1 build 8035. Windows XP. 1. I installed the Ghostscript drivers in the default location of c:\gs 2. Here's my code: ls_result = astr_parms.datawindow_arg[1].Modify( "Datawindow.Export.PDF.Method = Distill!" ) ls_result = astr_parms.datawindow_arg[1].Modify("Datawindow.Printer='Sybase Datawindow PS'" ) ll_result = astr_parms.datawindow_arg[1].Saveas( ls_path,...

Adobe pdf writer 7.0 and PB 9.0.1
We recently upgraded from Adobe 6 to Adobe 7 - now when users try to print a report from the application to the PDF writer , they are getting Sybase/Microsfoft errors that shuts down the application. Has anyone encountered this and how do we fix it ?? Hmmm... I just tried printing to the Acrobat 7 PDF writer from PB9 and the IDE crashed. Will try to research this some more tonight. Sanjiv. <Anika> wrote in message news:44be3b9b.6de6.1681692777@sybase.com... > We recently upgraded from Adobe 6 to Adobe 7 - now when > users try to print a report from the application...

Writing to a PDF file or using PDF in RDLC using VWD 2005 Express
I've looked all over this forum to know how to write to a PDF file without any success. What I want to do is have the user press a button or click a link and a form/application will print out with the fields filled in from the SQL Server Express database. The form/application is a PDF file (some have edit fields some don't). I need a way to fill in this form/application using data from the database already. I've looked at some third party packages without understanding how they work. I've tried to place the PDF file on the rdlc form (or convert it) so it generates like a report witho...

powerbuilder pdf support.
Hi. I am trying to find out which version of powerbuilder provides pdf as 'saveas' option. Provided that I am not in a position to use ghostscript and XLS-FO. SaveAs PDF started with PB9. It requires Ghostscript. Ghostscript is a free open source program. Any other solution is going to require a purchase. <scott> wrote in message news:4b4e2d6f.848.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi. > > I am trying to find out which version of powerbuilder > provides pdf as 'saveas' option. > > Provided that I am not in a position to use ghostscript and ...

PB 9 and PDF
I have converted a PB 8 app to PB 9 and have installed the GNU Ghostscript on my pc, The saveas PDF works on my development machine. When I compile and user run, they cannot saveas PDF. I have followed the PB help instructions for this. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks Do you have GhostScript installed on the user's machine as well? -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com <Tyler_Maudlin> wrote in message news:65574205572B51240065459E85256D39.006545AE85256D39@webforums... > I have converted a PB 8 ap...

PDF in PB 9
I am attempting to save a datawindow as a PDF file. I have installed ghostscript. I have added it's location to my path though the release notes say this is not needed. I specify the distill method and then do a save as: integer li dw_1.object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.Method = Distill! li = dw_1.SaveAs("c:\test.pdf", PDF!, true ) MessageBox('error', li) This always returns a negative 1. I see the Sybase DataWindow PS printer icon in the task bar as if it is printing but it prints nothing. I have tried to do a SaveRowsAs in the IDE and this also gives me a f...

How to detect if the 'cancel' button on Acrobat Reader's PDF print dialog window has been clicked when using Acrobat Reader ActiveX control in Powerbuilder 9
Product name: Acrobat Reader V5.0, Powerbuilder V9 Operating System: Windows XP I have an Acrobat Reader's ActiveX control on my window application to present and print PDF files. The application was developed using Powerbuilder V9. I need to know if a user has just printed a file then save the printed date into a database. The user can click the 'Cancel' button on the print dialog window from Acrobat Reader to cancel the printing. In this case I won't update the printed date. How can I know if the user has clicked the 'Cancel' button to cancel the printing? ...

PDF Creation using Gios PDF Library
I found the following link http://www.codeproject.com/cs/library/giospdfnetlibrary.asp but I have absolutely no idea what to do with it.  I have downloaded the source file but there isn't any documnetation on how to use this.  Has anyone implimented this?  I am very new to ASP.NET and I'm using Visual Studio 2005.Please provide any examples in C#Thanks in advance,Steamaway To clarify I have an Invoice Print page that I want to create a PDF out of. Please provide any examples in C#Thanks in advance,Steamaway Just in case someone is looking for a solutoin I found a...

Converting a doc to pdf using (or not) a pdf pritner
I need to add the doc to pdf feature in my application. I mostly have doc or rtf files, I just want to convert them to pdf to use them as e-mail attachments. by searching "vcl doc to pdf" or "delphi doc to pdf" on google is a nightmare: just ads-websites. So I am trying another way. By assuming the user installs a pdf printer (like the free winpdf writer) I ask him to set the desired pritner for printing pdfs. So I tried with procedure PrintDocument(const documentToPrint : string) ; var printCommand : string; printerInfo : string; Device, Driver, Port:...

PB 9 SaveAs PDF
I have been playing with SaveAs PDF and have been having trouble. I have installed GS7.05, put it on my path etc. Does the generic PS driver have to be specified as output printer? If so, how will I deploy this with my application? Thanks. PowerBuilder will create a printer Sybase DataWindow PS under the covers the first time you do a SaveAs PDF. This printer uses the Adobe Distiller driver which is shipped with PowerBuilder in the Shared/PowerBuilder/drivers directory. On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:30:56 -0400, DR wrote: >I have been playing with SaveAs PDF and have been havi...

Using PDF files in PB
I create PDF files from within my pwoerbuilder program using the SAVEAS function. I need to append them from inside of another powerbuilder program. Anybody have any ideas that could help me. Thanks Scott check this out - http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/ Brad Scott Holmberg wrote: > I create PDF files from within my pwoerbuilder program using the SAVEAS > function. > I need to append them from inside of another powerbuilder program. > > Anybody have any ideas that could help me. > > Thanks > Scott > > This is some code somebod...

Web resources about - does pb 9 supports pdf distiller or pdf writer using pbni - sybase.powerbuilder.pbni

Worshipful Company of Distillers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Worshipful Company of Distillers is one of the Livery Companies of the City of London . The Distillers' Company was incorporated under a ...

Distiller (@drinkdistiller) on Twitter

Distiller – Your Whiskey Companion on the App Store on iTunes
Get Distiller – Your Whiskey Companion on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Fresh Water with 3D Printed Water Distiller - YouTube
Read more: http://3dprintingindustry.com/2014/02/27/3d-printed-water-distiller/ Video Transcript: It's hard not to be taken in by the humble ...

WA distillers shine at Australian Distilled Spirits Awards 2015
Distillers from Western Australia have scooped the pool at the inaugural Australian Distilled Spirits Awards, with three of the top seven awards ...

Mexican distiller launches $3.5m tequila
With an expected price tag of $3.5 million, is Hacienda La Capilla's new tequila the world's most expensive? A Mexican distiller has presented ...

Mad Men style appeals to Glenfiddich distiller
The modern generation thinks heritage is cool, so William Grant & Sons is tuning to 1960s style of advertising, writes Stuart Elliot.

Nova Scotia whisky distiller can keep Glen Breton label
Cape Breton's Glenora Distillery can use the Glen Breton label on its single malt whisky, a federal trademark body has ruled.

Ontario craft distillers seek changes to laws that date back to Prohibition - 680 NEWS
TORONTO – Ontario craft distillers say they feel they’re being unfairly singled out by Prohibition-era laws that don’t apply to their fellow ...

Whiskey Lovers Should Take A Shot Of Distiller
... and spirits and have it delivered to their door in 60 minutes or less. And if youre a fan of whiskey, definitely take a look at the new Distiller ...