Use of code tables in Powerbuilder

Hi Guys,

Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in
PowerBuilder(8.0)
Any reference site for this is most welcome!!!

Thanks in advance,
Manjula

0
manjula
12/6/2006 11:16:39 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you talking about the PBCatalog tables?  If not, what kind of code
tables?  What is it you are looking for?

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

"manjula" <vishal.manjula@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in
> PowerBuilder(8.0)
> Any reference site for this is most welcome!!!
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Manjula

0
Terry
12/6/2006 2:14:46 PM
manjula wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in
> PowerBuilder(8.0)
> Any reference site for this is most welcome!!!

Every project I have worked on rolls their own lookup or
code tables.

There is often arguments over the merits of having a single
code table for each lookup column or having a single generic
code table for each column. Your DBA will have an opinion on
which is better.

The project I am on has a mix of using specific tables for
code data and a generic lookup table for other smaller bits
of data.

a.

> Thanks in advance,
> Manjula

0
Adam

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Problem getting the content of a table cell using ole object in powerbuilder
Hi all, I have a document with a table, and I need to get the content off a cell to later paste it in a RichTextEdit control. The problem is that I don't want the borders of the cell, I just need the content. I have the beginning of the cell marked with a bookmark called "TEXT" Plan A: Here is the code for the first thing I thought, ole_1 = CREATE OLEObject ole_1.ConnectToNewObject("Word.Application.8") ole_1.Application.Visible = false //Get the document ole_1.Application.Documents.Add (ls_filename) //Copy cell if ole_1.ActiveDocument.Bookm...

Problem getting the content of a table cell using ole object in powerbuilder #2
Hi all, I have a document with a table, and I need to get the content off a cell to later paste it in a RichTextEdit control. The problem is that I don't want the borders of the cell, I just need the content. I have the beginning of the cell marked with a bookmark called "TEXT" Plan A: Here is the code for the first thing I thought, ole_1 = CREATE OLEObject ole_1.ConnectToNewObject("Word.Application.8") ole_1.Application.Visible = false //Get the document ole_1.Application.Documents.Add (ls_filename) //Copy cell if ole_1.ActiveDocument.Bookm...

Problem getting the content of a table cell using ole object in powerbuilder #3
Hi all, I have a document with a table, and I need to get the content off a cell to later paste it in a RichTextEdit control. The problem is that I don't want the borders of the cell, I just need the content. I have the beginning of the cell marked with a bookmark called "TEXT" Plan A: Here is the code for the first thing I thought, ole_1 = CREATE OLEObject ole_1.ConnectToNewObject("Word.Application.8") ole_1.Application.Visible = false //Get the document ole_1.Application.Documents.Add (ls_filename) //Copy cell if ole_1.ActiveDocument.Bookm...

Creating DLLs using Visual Objects for use in PowerBuilder
Hi All, Has anybody created a DLL with visual objects in Power++ ? < ---- Part of this post contains text (modified) from an earlier post of mine ---- > I have run into the following problem on this. 1. I open a new project 2. I add a new DLL target (and delete the EXE) 3. I add a plain form Form1 (since the default Form1 is deleted by deleting the EXE) 4. I add a new File test.cpp to the target, and in that the only statements I add is #include "form1.hpp" I Run->Build File at this stage and I get the following compile error in Form1....

using javascript objects in powerbuilder
Hello all. is anyone aware of using javascript objects in powerbuilder. Let me know a source for learning this concept. thanks Are you looking for how to handle client side events with javascript in WebForm-deployed PowerBuilder applications? Dave Fish touches on this in a recorded webcast... http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1080162 -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist <Ricky> wrote in message news:4c96f054.50b0.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello all. > > is anyone aware of using javascript objects in powerbuilder. > Let me know a source f...

How to generate Powerbuilder code from table
I am trying to figure out how to generate an NVO (nonvisual object) with standard getter/setter methods from a table. The ObjectArchitect module does a reasonable job of allowing the creation of an NVO with private instance variables whose access is controlled via get/set methods. However, I can't see a way in ObjectArchitect to pull a table from a datasource and then build a new class from it. Basically, I just trying to do a standard Java-style value object (pseudo-container managed persistance). Thanks, Jason You reverse engineer the table into the Physical model, t...

Use OLE COM Objects in PowerBuilder
Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do not know how to instanciate an object and use it's methods/properties in PB. Thank you in advance. Take a look at the CreateObject() function. Does that help? Regards Costas Tsaklas[Team Powersoft] Elevated Technologies, Inc. www.elevatedtech.com Bob Whelan wrote in message <3467BB57.599F4519@pin-corp.com>... >Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? >I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do no...

Using bar code in powerbuilder application
Does anyone know how to intergate bar code reader into a powerbuilder application? Thanks That is no problem if the bar code reader use the keyboard serial port. If the bar code reader use the COM, you will need third part code, like Win32Apis... joe le <joele911@hotmail.com> escreveu nas not�cias de mensagem:DGd0VdXn$GA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Does anyone know how to intergate bar code reader into > a powerbuilder application? > > Thanks > > Most folks purchase a bar code reader that just plugs into the keyboard line. When they scan the...

Printing Bar Codes Using PowerBuilder
I need to print Bar-Codes using an in-house developed system (PowerBuilder 6.5), can any one help and tell me if it is possible, and how? -- Abdulrahman H Althunayan aha@sabq8.org Tel: +965 244 3346 Fax: + 965 245 0339 You need to use barcode fonts, then print as you normally do -- search the web for "3 of 9". -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developers Network (SDN) - http:///www.sybase.com/sdn "Abdulrahman Althunayan" <aha@sabq8.org> wrote in message news:$7bj4u$X$GA.306@forums.sybase.com... > I need to print Bar-Cod...

Can SQLDMO objects be used by PowerBuilder?
Hi all, Can SQLDMO objects be used by PowerBuilder? If yes, how.... The answer is yes, via OLE Automation. Functions include ConnectToNewObject(). I will try to get some sample code. VictorReinhart ...

Converting current code (Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to newest version of Powerbuilder?
Hi, can anyone tell me what you have to do in order to convert existing code (applications) (created under Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to the newest version of Powerbuilder (at least PB 8) and what it would take to use that code (applications) on the web, I do understand that the newer versions of PB have a web datawindow, is that all we would need to use to move our applications to the web? Thanks Look in this newsgroup aroung 01/08/02 for "Applications on the Web" (started by "John") for a good stream of information. JKerstens <John.Kerstens@gnb.ca> wrot...

Web resources about - Use of code tables in Powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles