Treeview - changing width if scroll bar appears

In a PFC application I have a window using the split bar object. Part of the
window has a treeview. As the user expands the treeview I want to
automatically manage the horizontal size of the treeview so that the user
always sees the complete treeview width. Does anyone know a smart way to
find out if the treeview object has the horizontal scrollbar visible so that
I can adjust its width ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

0
Brian
3/24/2000 5:07:28 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Don't know if this is of any help, but you might look into tooltips instead
of trying to manage the width of the treeview
http://www.migmag.pair.com/pb/tvtip.zip

--
pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp :-))

"Brian" <brian.pacitti@infotechnics.co.uk> wrote in message
> In a PFC application I have a window using the split bar object. Part of
the
> window has a treeview. As the user expands the treeview I want to
> automatically manage the horizontal size of the treeview so that the user
> always sees the complete treeview width. Does anyone know a smart way to
> find out if the treeview object has the horizontal scrollbar visible so
that
> I can adjust its width ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Brian

0
Philip

TreeView scroll-bar
Dear all, I have a treeview. When I populate the tree then I perfome a fullexpand, now the tree has vertical scroll bar showing the latest elements, I want the tree at the begin showing the root (ie the scroll bar is at the the top) thank you Paolo Valle wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a treeview. When I populate the tree then I perfome a > fullexpand, now the tree has vertical scroll bar showing the latest > elements, I want the tree at the begin showing the root (ie the > scroll bar is at the the top) Call the first tree node's MakeVisible method...

Scroll bar does not appear
Name: yan Email: l________at126dotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Scroll bar does not appear Comments: In firefox 3.6b1 and b2, scroll bar does not appear loading "http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html". Not the whole content is displayed, and the scroll bar does not appear. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2b2) Gecko/20091108 Firefox/3.6b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC)...

TreeView scroll bars
Hello..! Using PowerBuilder 7.0 How can I know if the vertical or horizontal scrollbars for a treeview object are visible at a given moment? What I need, is relocate the position of other object as soon as any of the treeview's scrollbars appear or dissapear... Would someone give an idea on how to do it? Thanks..! There's no way - you don't have such properties for the TreeView control and the problem persists in PB 11. You might consider to implement some external function calls to the USER/GDI part of the Windows core. Go, search the MSDN and may th...

Bottom scroll bar does not appear
Hello. I've built my project for 1024x768 resolution. The thing is: When I change the resolution to lower one , the bottom scroll bar does not appear. I just don't have any idea what property and of what object to change to make is horisontally scrollable. Other sites are fine. The particular one is not ok.  Thanks, Paul. The scrollbars are automatic dependent on the content - if you have, for example, a table set to 100% wide, it will squash down rather than apply a scrollbar. However, if the table was set to 1024px wide and the screen was narrower, it should show a scrollbar...

Missing scroll bar on TreeView
sorry for the reference to RTE. I've been working with both controls. my treeview is missing the scrollbar when there is plenty to scroll through. i'm manually filling the treeview during the constructor event (using ITEMINSERTLAST) for multiple levels. I selectively expand some levels and not others (using EXPANDITEM). I see the horizontal scrollbar working appropriately. Why would the vertical be so fussy? I did this in the open event of a window with a treeview on it in 6.5 and the scrollbar appeared fine: integer li_index long ll_rc ll_rc = tv_1.InsertIt...

Scroll bars appear, then disappear
Name: Nobuyuki Sakamoto Email: bousozokuatgmaildotcom Product: Shiretoko Alpha 1 Summary: Scroll bars appear, then disappear Comments: I use a site: www.deviantart.com/ and in the last few days, when I click on the logo to browse artwork, the scroll bars appear, then disappear, which means scrolling has to be done with the keyboard. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1pre) Gecko/20090527 Shiretoko/3.5pre From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/shiretoko/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedba...

Bottom Scroll Bar does not appear.
Hello. I've built my project for 1024x768 resolution. The thing is: When I change the resolution to lower one , the bottom scroll bar does not appear. I just don't have any idea what property and of what object to change to make is horisontally scrollable. Other sites are fine. The particular one is not ok.  Thanks, Paul. Hi, Please check by setting the scrolling property . Which browser are you using. IE7 Where can I find the scrolling property of the page ? On the master page ? body ? where?   Thanks. Paul If you are specifying the page width in pixel size I d...

Possible to turn off explorer scroll bar but allow div scroll bar?
I was just trying to find out if I can disble the vertical scroll bar for the pages but allow vertical scroll bars for a DIV?Best Regards,~Chris In other words disable IE scroll bars but allow DIV scroll bars?I keep running into problems with controls creating useless scroll space in explorer to display nothing.Best Regards,~Chris Unfortunately a DIV does not use % on the height similiar to width of a page.Would be nice for handling varying screen resolutions.Best Regards,~Chris...

how to let a object move as scroll bar does?
http://www.w3schools.com/media/tryit.asp?filename=trymedia_soundwaveobject in this URL included a object which play sound. how to let the object move as SCROLL BAR does? I want object always in IE P.S I use visual studio 2005 C# ... please help me  , thank you very much and have a nice day You may use the AlwaysVisible control from the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit to achieve this effect. If you do not have ASP.NET AJAX available, a Google search for "JavaScript floating menu" will provide you with lots of options, such as this one: Floating Menu Script Alister hi than...

PB8
i have the problem on some XP-workstations, that my PowerBuilder-8-Application shows no H-Scroll-Bar and V-Scroll-Bar. Unfortunately, this problem could not make well after the upgrade of the Runtime-Dll's (new version of runtime-Dll's is: pb803_9704 localizedruntimes). Thanks and regards Michael IMHO...since about PB 6.5, PB is unable to tell positively that it needs scrollbars. To force them to appear, go back to the window or user object that contains the DW and shrink the space for the DW until the scrollbars appear in the window painter. Then put code in th...

Vertical Scroll Bar Width
Has anyone able to increase the width on a Vertical Scroll Bar? I believe its something to do with SystemParametersInfo API, but havent had much luck with it. If anyone has an example, that might help. Thank you. ...

Problem with scroll bars and moving objects
   I have a project that will allow the client to move images around in the browser but stay in the limits of a box (<div>) using JavaScript. This works fine when I'm at full width with no horizontal scroll bar but when I scroll the clientX position is set to the upper left hand viewable portion of the screen, causing my calculations for the limit to be moved as well. I have toyed with a considerable amount of time in trying to come up with some offset number to compensate for the scroll position. Any help here would be much appreciated. Here is the code that I have been ...

ole object missing scroll bars
I have the crystal reports viewer ole object sitting on a PB Window. When the crystal report is viewed from the executable it should have scroll bars on the side and bottom. For about half of us (mostly developers), these scroll bars are there and working fine. However, when our users run the executable, the scroll bars are not there. My first thought was that we had differing DLLs. However using a DLL Utility, I ran the differences against two of the machines that were most alike and cannot find anything that stands out. The only real difference is one is picking up sybase 1...

Scrolling Scrolling Scrolling
Name: Naseef Fatemi Email: ishwaadatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Scrolling Scrolling Scrolling Comments: Guys firefox is one of the best EVER piece of software out there but I have a problem. The scrolling in firefox is terrible compared to the smooth and fluent scrolling of opera, and thats with smooth scrolling option in firefox activated. So guys am i missing something hidden and if not can you guys work on it cause its going to make firefox even better than it already is. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090...

Scroll bars of report appears in the client window
Hello All,               I have designed and installed the reports on the server. When the reports(embedded in a web page) are viewed from there, report scroll bar(both horizontal and vertical) appears in addition to the page scroll bar. How can i avoid the report scroll bar? Any idea would be helpful for me. check all your sizes.  Check the sizes for body, for any tables (click the table, then click the box at the very top left), and for the actual report (the box at the very top left, between the rulers).&nb...

Web resources about - Treeview - changing width if scroll bar appears - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Live-Beta TreeView Demo: Frameless Layout with Highlighting TreeView Demo: Frameless Layout with Highlighting ...
Welcome to our beta site for CBC Live mp3 streams! This is a form of online broadcast we are exploring right now, both from a technical best-practices ...

Visual Basic for Applications - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual Basic for Applications ( VBA ) is an implementation of Microsoft 's event-driven programming language Visual Basic 6 and its associated ...

From the Saint
It's full steam ahead for events in the Saint today; although some have been postponed, others are getting bigger and better.

HOME - St. Catharines
St. Catharines is a city that offers many ammenities and opportunities to its residents. It is a place known for its friendliness, charm and ...

CrossFont Help
CrossFont Help

Examples - AlloyUI
AlloyUI is a framework built on top of YUI3 that provides a simple API for building high scalable applications.

allworldsoft.com — all software.
Xara X1 1.1 DL Xara X is an advanced graphic illustration package for Windows, that offers unrivaled redraw speed and a user interface which ...

CrossFont Help
CrossFont Help

Evolution of the Windows Interface
... a 3D button, comboboxes. Windows 95 introduced a slew of new 3D controls, such as rich text edit, toolbars/statusbar, progressbar, treeview/listview, ...

Silverlight - Blackboard
Silverlight is a development platform for creating rich media applications and business applications for the Web, desktop, and mobile devices.Microsoft ...