Rich Text Edit Control Page size setting...

Hello All,
    I believe this question has been asked over & over again
but i did not find a good solution , my problem is
how to set the Page to Legal Size in Rich Text Edit with out
manipulating the printer setting of the computer?. Is
there any one who has done this with out setting the printer
properties of the system. If anyone can share API calls that
would do this would be great.

   I am using PB 10.5.1 Build 6565. I have a business
requirement that allows the users to view and print
documents
built in RichText in Legal size.

Thanks in Advance
Suresh
0
Suresh
3/16/2007 5:32:46 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

setting the edit control's size relative to non-edit cell size
I have a DataGrid with dynamically added custom edit controls. Some of the strings that go into the custom control (the control might be a TreeView, or a ListBox) are long, and this does funky things to the cell size in edit mode. **I basically want the added control (e.g., a listbox) to be the width of the host cell, and 4X the height....all the time** (in the grid's ItemDataBound callback for edit) //create a new listbox, clear the edit cell's controls, and add the listbox listbox.Height = new Unit("100%") ; //this makes the listbox’s height just the hos...

Rich Text Edit control: get total pages?
Hi, can anyone think of a way I can get the total number of pages contained in a rich text edit control after having executed a DataSource() function? I need to switch back and forth between letterhead and regular paper when printing this 2-page document and the number of pages would help me write a loop. Since you are using DataSource function, to get the actual number of pages you can use: rte_1.PageCount ( ) * dw_1.Rowcount(), where dw_1 is the DW you have used in the Datasource function. Hope this helps. John. Rick Charnes wrote: > Hi, can anyone think of a way...

Rich Text Edit page size pb 6.5
How is the default page size for a rte object changed from 8.5 x 11? We need 8.27 x 11.69 (metric A4) for European users. I've found no property, function or event in any of the PB doc that will accomplish this. RTE controls are tightly linked to the printer selection of the PC. What you could do is set the default paper size for the default printer to be A4 (or you can prgramatically change it via API call) On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:50:20 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.objects <GJ> wrote: >How is the default page size for a rte object changed from 8.5 x 11...

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

Creating Page Object and Adding HTMLForm Control (Object Ref not set to an instance of an object)
 For some reason I am getting the famous "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. All I am going is creating a Page object and adding the HtmlForm at runtime. I tried this inside the .ASPX code behind and it worked but now I ahve moved it into a separate library and now it is not working. Here is the code:MyPage.cs: using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.Text;using System.Web.UI;namespace Something{    public class MyPage: Page    {        public MyPage()   ...

browsing Page.Controls, and setting values to objects owning the "Text" property
Bonjour a tous, I want to browse mypage.Controls in order to change the values of each object owning the Text property i did this : foreach(Control mycontrol in mypage.Controls) { if (mycontrol.Controls!=null) foreach(Control subcontrol in mycontrol.Controls) { if ((subcontrol.GetType().GetProperty("Text")!=null) && (subcontrol.ID!=null)) { mypage.Response.Write(subcontrol.ID.ToString()); subcontrol.GetType().GetProperty("Text").SetValue(subcontrol,"something&qu...

Label control's text doesn't appear to be set (in the page which has a user control )when trying to update the text property in the FormView's ItemUpdated event
Hi There,I have a user control which hosts a formview control, gridview control and a label control. The grid view is usedto show rows in the DB and when clicked to edit each row, a form view opens up in edit mode with that particular row info. So I have nothing in the item template.My first question is..is it mandatory to have smth in the itemtemplate of the form view.I have controls in edititemtemplate and insertitemtemplate.When a particular row is edited, I would like to show a status msg showing that the row has been updated.For this, I use the ItemUpdated event of the formview and try ...

How to Set the Slide and auto size properties for a coulmn in datawindow object of type Rich text(cuttyhari@yahoo.com)
Dear All, How can we set the position properties like Slide and AutoSize height properties for a column in dwo of type Rich Text. we can set these properties for a column in freeform, grid, tabular ext. But in RichTExt as we are showing the column values { addr1} like this. There is no Position properties associated. What i need to i want to show Addr1, addr2, addr3, city,state - zip code C...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Setting a parent page's label control text from a user control
I have a .net 2.0 site where I'll have the same form for user input on a number of pages. I plan on using a user control for this. The catch is if the user doesn't input the data properly I want to write the error message to a label control on the parent page, not in the user control. This is because the design for each parent page is different enough that we need to display the error message in a different part of the page. I've seen a couple of websites that mention using a base page that all my pages could inherit from to have a user control interact with the parent page. This...

Page up and Page Down keys don't work in a Rich Text Edit box?
I'm Googling myself to death on this problem, and all there seems to be is 1 million people talking about how you HAVE to use the PageUp & PageDown keys in the RTE print preview mode to get around. I don't even understand why they are having an issue there. Anyway, my problem is much more basic. I've got the user entering Rich Text into an RTE control using PB 10.5.1, build 6565, and the page keys simply don't work. I tried my classic old trick from my old PowerBuilder days of over-riding the pbm_dwnkey event and wiring some stuff up to detect the page keys,...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Does anyone know how to set the font for a RTE programmatically? ---- AND ---- How can you tell in a script how far a RTE has been scrolled HORIZONTALLY? Hi Paul, There should be an easier way of setting the font size for RTE controls, but I have not found it yet. The code below will change the font size for the entire window. I don�t know how to change it for selected text. Give this a try. Hope it works. String ls_init_rtf ls_init_rtf = '{\rtf1{\fonttbl{\f0\froman Tms Rmn;}}' ls_init_rtf = ls_init_rtf + "{\f0\fs24\cf0\up0\dn0 a big brown house...

Rich Text Edit Control
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to use a RTE on a window, together with a Datawindow control, get the data from a Long VarChar column on the Datawindow control, set them in the RTE, do some formating on the (BOLD, UNDERLINE, etc), get them from the RTE set them back in the column and save them to the database. Is this posible. TIA Stelios Stylianou Stelios - This is what the RTE Datawindow style is supposed to accomplish. From what I've heard it works FAIRLY well, but it has "issues". You have been warned. :) Olan "...

PowerBuilder Rich Text Control
Hello group, I have a problem.... I am trying to save the contents of a rich text control in an sqlserver table through jaguar. The problem is with a specific text column. Sql Server "sees" that column as text whereas in powerbuilder i see that column as char(32767). When the update statement executes then jaguar reports the following error: ******************************************************* **** EAS SERVER 4.2 (ERROR LOG) ********* ******************************************************* Sep 22 14:27:51 2003: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (10434) ...

Web resources about - Rich Text Edit Control Page size setting... - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

Alaska Marijuana Control Board makes major residency requirement changes at last minute - Alaska Dispatch ...
... program.” At the end of an all-day meeting Friday to craft Alaska's first regulations over the cannabis industry, the state Marijuana Control ...

69 percent of users would bypass security controls to win a big deal
When faced with the chance of clinching a major deal people are willing to throw security controls out of the window. This is according to research ...

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks On Syrian Refugees; France Demands Tighter Controls, EU ...
... does not call for ending the refugee program or require religious screenings, as some Republicans have demanded . France Demands Tighter Controls, ...

Lawyer: Jamar Clark had control of police officer's gun
Lawyer for a Minneapolis police officer involved in fatal shooting of Jamar Clark said Clark had control of a cop's gun during a scuffle in which ...

We Face Terrorist Threats – Don’t Even Think About Enacting Gun Control Laws
Because, "terrorists have once again proven that only good people obey bad laws, and they do so to their own detriment."

USB Volume Control
... computer speakers, they often have a volume knob you can mount somewhere on your desk so you aren’t dependent on the onboard volume control. ...