Problem while changing datawindow color at runtime

Hello
    I am using Pb6.5 Build 444 .
In my application I am changing the window color and datawindow color at
runtime according to some user settings in the ini file.All the editable
columns in my datawindow have background color as transparent .
When this column getfocus I see the the datawindow color which was at
the runtime in that column.
This color appears only at the bottom of the column area i.e the space
left between the data and the column border.
I tried using autosize height feature but during changing focus this
introduces some amount of flicker where that column appears in my
original design mode color for short while.
Has anybody had same type of a problem Pls advice.
Thanks in advance

Darshan

0
Darshan
12/16/1999 11:51:44 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Could you be more specific.  I can not reproduce.
--
Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamSybase)

Darshan Sampat <darshan@acty-sys.co.jp> wrote in article
<3858D24F.6750A518@acty-sys.co.jp>...
> Hello
>     I am using Pb6.5 Build 444 .
> In my application I am changing the window color and datawindow color at
> runtime according to some user settings in the ini file.All the editable
> columns in my datawindow have background color as transparent .
> When this column getfocus I see the the datawindow color which was at
> the runtime in that column.
> This color appears only at the bottom of the column area i.e the space
> left between the data and the column border.
> I tried using autosize height feature but during changing focus this
> introduces some amount of flicker where that column appears in my
> original design mode color for short while.
> Has anybody had same type of a problem Pls advice.
> Thanks in advance
>
> Darshan

0
DawnBrownEyes

Datawindow object color changed
How do I correct a color change in a dw object inherited from u_dw. I have it set up to be white background with black letters. Whenever I run it, it comes out Dark Blue with black letters. The window with the datawindow control keeps whatever color I select there. I have other dw where this doesn't happen. ...

How to change the colore for column object on a datawindow?
I tried to change the background color for a field 'cms_protocol_used' to light gray and it faild. dw_2.object.cms_protocol_used.background.color= RGB(192, 192, 192) How to change the colore for column object on a datawindow? Thanks for advance. Hope ...

How to change the colore for column object on a datawindow?
I tried to change the background color for a field 'cms_protocol_used' to light gray and it faild. dw_2.object.cms_protocol_used.background.color= RGB(192, 192, 192) How to change the colore for column object on a datawindow? Thanks for advance. Hope In article <3P9C5D5l9GA.195@forums.powersoft.com>, Hope.hsu@lmco.com says... > dw_2.object.cms_protocol_used.background.color= RGB(192, 192, 192) > Try the Modify version and let me know if that works: dw_2.POST Modify("cms_protocol_used.background.color=" + string(RGB(192,192,192))...

How to change the colore for column object on a datawindow?
I tried to change the background color for a field 'cms_protocol_used' to light gray and it faild. dw_2.object.cms_protocol_used.background.color= RGB(192, 192, 192) How to change the colore for column object on a datawindow? Thanks for advance. Hope ...

hover problem ?? i can see changing backcolor but font color doesnt be changed.. what can problem be ?
hi friends hover problem :) i can see changing backcolor with below code line in stylesheet.. but font color doesnt be changed.. what can be problem ? my second problem is.. changing backcolor and fontcolor can be only hyperlink1 and hyperlink2 and buttonclick1 and buttonclick1.. how can i do this ? all my treeviews and hyperlinks and buttonclicks changing backcolor now.. a:link {color: #FFFFFF; }a:visited { color: #FFFFFF; } a:hover {color: #FF0000; background-color: #333333;text-decoration: none; } a:active {color: #FFFFFF; }Mark as me if my question or my answer can ...

Trying to dynamically change background colors in datawindow objects
ok so our users want us to change all the background colors of objects like text and columns and group boxes on all our datawindows from grey to white. I thought I could write a script that does this in the constructor of the u_dw object and it doesn't work for columns but seems to work fine for text objects. A little help would be greatly appreciated! Here's the code where I take all the objects on the DW throw them into an array and then what I was going to do was pull the TYPE of object out into a Case statement and if it was the certain type of object I would change th...

problem with dw_1.object.datawindow.objects
Hi all, I am using PB 6.51 and have the following strange behaviour. In a tabular DW, I paste twice the same column, giving to each a different name . If I ask dw_1.object.datawindow.objects or the equivalent describe property, I get the secondly pasted column twice in the list .... And of course, in the DW and in the export, the two objects are unique. The problem is that PB does not like when I am trying to access the 'duplicate' column .... by dot notation or by getitem... notation ... Any ideas ? Thanks Philip ...

problem with dw_1.object.datawindow.objects
Hi all, I am using PB 6.51 and have the following strange behaviour. In a tabular DW, I paste twice the same column, giving to each a different name . If I ask dw_1.object.datawindow.objects or the equivalent describe property, I get the secondly pasted column twice in the list .... And of course, in the DW and in the export, the two objects are unique. The problem is that PB does not like when I am trying to access the 'duplicate' column .... by dot notation or by getitem... notation ... Any ideas ? Thanks Philip ...

datawindow.object.datawindow.objects ?
Hi? I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? string ls_objects ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) I hope to get a list of the controls in the datawindow objects. TIA ..Describe("DataWindow.Objects") On 5 Jan 2006 23:30:30 -0800, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi? > >I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? > >string ls_objects >ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) > >I hope to get a list of the controls in the dataw...

Small problem with the following 'Object.DataWindow.Print.color'
I'm using PB version 8.0.4 Build 10726 when I set the following to dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Print.color=2 (Monochrome) and send it to a color printer the report still show in color is there something that I should know, or that I'm missing TIA Sylvain Hi, As indicated in the DWSyntax - Tool: "Support for this setting is printer specific." HTH, Pascal B. "MDS" <sylvain@mistraldata.com> wrote in message news:44eb0f44@forums-2-dub... > I'm using PB version 8.0.4 Build 10726 > > when I set the followin...

Change the transaction object of a child datawindow object
Is it possible to change the transaction object of a child datawindow that is associated to a field using drop down datawindow ? ( I would like to use another database connection for the datawindow object ) Following is my logic : ---------------------- 1. Get the handle to the child datawindow. 2. Change the transaction object using of_SetTransObject(Transaction Object) 3. Retrieve() Following is my scenario ------------------------ 1. I have one datawindow say, dw_1. This has a datawindow object that is based on SQLCA transaction object. 2. I have a single Data Window, ...

DataWindow ColType is wrong in DataWindow Object, how do I change it?
Problem: rows = dw_1.Retrieve() crashes (returns -1) I know why it's doing it but I can't fix it. Here is what I have found. Initially I created a DataWindow Object called d_geninfo which saves data to the GENINFO table. Then, some months later, I changed the HOMEOWNER column in the GENINFO table from Char(1) to Char(16) and I created a second DataWindow Object d_geninfo_preferred that accesses the same GENINFO table. If I save data using d_geninfo_preferred that is more than 1 character long and I later retrieve it into d_geninfo it crashes. Now the goofy part. I...

Datawindow status changed after background color changed
I have a problem on the datawindow After I changed the background color and tab order of a column, in debug mode, I find the column by using gettext and getitemstring to get the data after retrieved. I can get the current row number and current column name, however, using gettext() is returned empty string, but using GetItemString() is return the actual data of this column. why the reason is different? Gettext() returns the value that is in the edit control that "floats" over datawindow columns (as the user tabs along). Thus, gettext() returns a value that may have...

Help! How do you link differents datawindow objects to a datawindow control during runtime?
I am developing a system in which I need to link a Datawindow control with differents Datawindow objects in runtime.Therefore, I set the Datawindow control property DATAOBJECT with the value of the datawindow object I want (dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object1"), and then I change it with other values during execution, doing dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object2" in the script (of course then I do dw_1.settransobject(transaction_object)...). When I run the system into PowerBuilder's environment (with the Run painter), THE SYSTEM WORKS. I made the executable without probl...

Web resources about - Problem while changing datawindow color at runtime - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo