how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!

0
tadsun
5/30/2002 9:10:58 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please do not cross-post.

--
<hopethishelps/>
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message

0
Roy

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

Can I use activex in Jaugar using Powerbuilder
Hi, I am writing a component using Powerbuilder and a third party ActiveX control. Can I do this in a Powerbuilder Jaguar component: oleobject o o = create oleobject o.connecttonewobject("aaa.bbb") .... .... Sure -- you'll need to import the ActiveX DLL into Jaguar (you'll need the ..TLB file -- if you don't have it, use Microsoft's OLEViewer utility to generate one) -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://www.exp.com/app/expertProfile?expertID=512231 "Simon..." <simon@...

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

HELP NEEDED: OCX's created from JavaBeans (using ActiveX bridge) hang PowerBuilder 6.0
I recently downloaded PowerBuilder 6.0 Desktop for evaluation purposes. I am trying to add an OCX created from a java bean using Sun's ActiveX bridge. I can add the OCX ok... but when I attempt to save my application afterwards PowerBuilder hangs. CPU goes full throttle. I have tried all of the sample OCX's from the JAVA BDK. They all hang PowerBuilder. The OCX's work fine in other containers, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.... Has anyone else tried this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Danny danm@telexiscorp.com ...

"activex component can t create object" error when trying to use .net dll in VB6
Hi everyone!I've writen a small .net class library to communicate with my web service to fetch some data from the database, etc,I have selected  "register for com interop" option, I added the reference to the vb6 project and everything works fine,but, when I deploy my whole project in another pc, I get  "activex component can t create object" error!I use a custom setup (using Inno setup) and register the type library file (tlb),which is copied to the vb6 exe's directory,I searched the registry and found the same registration entries in both pcs,so, what&...

Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help.
Blank Hello folks, How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows? The situation as follows: I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band. I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External) fields: anytext, anynumeric values: first, 1 first, 2 first, 3 second, 1 second, 2 second, 3 I mapped OLE data as follows Group by: anytext Target Data: anytext ...

[...]

Can I use OCX in Pocket PowerBuilder?
Can I use Pocket PowerBuilder with OCX, since I have a scanner ocx but do not know how to insert to the Pocket PowerBuilder program. Is it support? for scanner support you could look on sybase sdn or have a look if the new classes in PB can help you get going: see whats new in 1.5 HPBiometricScanner object (implementing methods of the BiometricScanner base class) Processes fingerprints scanned by Hewlett-Packard biometric scanners SymbolBarcodeScanner object (implementing methods of the BarcodeScanner base class) Processes bar codes scanned by Symbol Technologies bar code r...

Use OLE COM Objects in PowerBuilder
Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do not know how to instanciate an object and use it's methods/properties in PB. Thank you in advance. Take a look at the CreateObject() function. Does that help? Regards Costas Tsaklas[Team Powersoft] Elevated Technologies, Inc. www.elevatedtech.com Bob Whelan wrote in message <3467BB57.599F4519@pin-corp.com>... >Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? >I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do no...

Can SQLDMO objects be used by PowerBuilder?
Hi all, Can SQLDMO objects be used by PowerBuilder? If yes, how.... The answer is yes, via OLE Automation. Functions include ConnectToNewObject(). I will try to get some sample code. VictorReinhart ...

help please ole in powerbuilder 8
I m trying 2 open an existing OR new word document (97/200) and then i want 2 write somethings into them (NOT bookmarks) after all, i want 2 save my documents with added content.But somehow Powerbuilder 8 says its readonly and no changes can be done!Would somebody please help me? Thanks Lots Show some code please. Without that it is pretty much impossible to give some advice/ideas. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Google: http://groups.google.com "Cenk KIZILDA�" <cenkk...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder