Drag and drop: need to register object/window for drag n drop mails from outlook.

Dear all,

I got a problem with dragging and dropping mails from
outlook into a window or an object(listiew, ...) on a
window.

I first tried drag and dropping files on a listview and this
worked perfectly (i even got the right icon into the
listview).

but it seems dragging and dropping mails from outlook is a
lot more difficult.
the thing I want to do is to drag and drop an email from
outlook and save it's message to a certain directory to
begin with (maybe later I want that message to be inserted
immediately into a multiline edit control)

But I already found a program on the internet that does the
thing i want!

http://www.catsoft.ch/en/asp/page.aspx?key=3ddownloads <<
look for =93Drag & Drop in PB=94
http://www.catsoft.ch/files/pbdragdrop.zip << direct
download

I must say it is a small program but it does exactly what i
need.
but if I look at the program it seems to use a dll to
register the window for drag and drop for emails. (correct
me if I am wrong)

my question is now how do you register a window for dragging
and dropping emails? (I can't use the dll from the site
above because of security reasons of the company I work for)

my guess is to make a dll in c# and somehow register it but
I don=92t really know how.
I have tried several things in c#.
(I have been looking for a solution for over a week)

I am using powerbuilder 11.2 build 8616  and visual studio
2008 (express edition)

Thanks

Maarten
0
Maarten
5/15/2009 10:25:37 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

1.  Drag from Outlook to the desktop, then to your app. (May
be a temporary solution.)
2.  Search for the VB/C++/C# code that duplicates the MS
drag-and-drop from Outlook to the desktop.  (I=92ve come
across it once or twice, but C code is too much of a memory
for me now and I don't have VS available.)
3.  Hire Arthur Hefti at catsoft to help you implement his
code used to create the dddll.dll, which essentially does
#2.  This would probably be cheaper in the long run.
(tongue-in-cheek).
4.  Convince the powers-that-be to use the catsoft dll.
JMTCW Ken

> Dear all,
>
> I got a problem with dragging and dropping mails from
> outlook into a window or an object(listiew, ...) on a
> window.
>
> I first tried drag and dropping files on a listview and
> this worked perfectly (i even got the right icon into the
> listview).
>
> but it seems dragging and dropping mails from outlook is a
> lot more difficult.
> the thing I want to do is to drag and drop an email from
> outlook and save it's message to a certain directory to
> begin with (maybe later I want that message to be inserted
> immediately into a multiline edit control)
>
> But I already found a program on the internet that does
> the thing i want!
>
> http://www.catsoft.ch/en/asp/page.aspx?key=3ddownloads <<
> look for =93Drag & Drop in PB=94
> http://www.catsoft.ch/files/pbdragdrop.zip << direct
> download
>
> I must say it is a small program but it does exactly what
> i need.
> but if I look at the program it seems to use a dll to
> register the window for drag and drop for emails. (correct
> me if I am wrong)
>
> my question is now how do you register a window for
> dragging and dropping emails? (I can't use the dll from
> the site above because of security reasons of the company
> I work for)
>
> my guess is to make a dll in c# and somehow register it
> but I don=92t really know how.
> I have tried several things in c#.
> (I have been looking for a solution for over a week)
>
> I am using powerbuilder 11.2 build 8616  and visual studio
> 2008 (express edition)
>
> Thanks
>
> Maarten
0
Ken
5/15/2009 3:10:42 PM
Ken

thanks for your list of options in. I have 5th suggestion: I could sell
the source code of the DLL ;-).

Regards
Arthur

In article <4a0d85f2.1a66.1681692777@sybase.com>, Ken says...

> 1.  Drag from Outlook to the desktop, then to your app. (May
> be a temporary solution.)
> 2.  Search for the VB/C++/C# code that duplicates the MS
> drag-and-drop from Outlook to the desktop.  (I?ve come
> across it once or twice, but C code is too much of a memory
> for me now and I don't have VS available.)
> 3.  Hire Arthur Hefti at catsoft to help you implement his
> code used to create the dddll.dll, which essentially does
> #2.  This would probably be cheaper in the long run.
> (tongue-in-cheek).
> 4.  Convince the powers-that-be to use the catsoft dll.
> JMTCW Ken
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I got a problem with dragging and dropping mails from
> > outlook into a window or an object(listiew, ...) on a
> > window.
> >
> > I first tried drag and dropping files on a listview and
> > this worked perfectly (i even got the right icon into the
> > listview).
> >
> > but it seems dragging and dropping mails from outlook is a
> > lot more difficult.
> > the thing I want to do is to drag and drop an email from
> > outlook and save it's message to a certain directory to
> > begin with (maybe later I want that message to be inserted
> > immediately into a multiline edit control)
> >
> > But I already found a program on the internet that does
> > the thing i want!
> >
> > http://www.catsoft.ch/en/asp/page.aspx?key=downloads <<
> > look for ?Drag & Drop in PB?
> > http://www.catsoft.ch/files/pbdragdrop.zip << direct
> > download
> >
> > I must say it is a small program but it does exactly what
> > i need.
> > but if I look at the program it seems to use a dll to
> > register the window for drag and drop for emails. (correct
> > me if I am wrong)
> >
> > my question is now how do you register a window for
> > dragging and dropping emails? (I can't use the dll from
> > the site above because of security reasons of the company
> > I work for)

0
Arthur
5/15/2009 4:54:48 PM
thx for the options i'll try them as soon i can get on the network of
my work.
but they are doing works at the network so probably can't access it
again until monday

On 15 mei, 17:10, Ken wrote:
> 1. =A0Drag from Outlook to the desktop, then to your app. (May
> be a temporary solution.)
> 2. =A0Search for the VB/C++/C# code that duplicates the MS
> drag-and-drop from Outlook to the desktop. =A0(I=92ve come
> across it once or twice, but C code is too much of a memory
> for me now and I don't have VS available.)
> 3. =A0Hire Arthur Hefti at catsoft to help you implement his
> code used to create the dddll.dll, which essentially does
> #2. =A0This would probably be cheaper in the long run.
> (tongue-in-cheek).
> 4. =A0Convince the powers-that-be to use the catsoft dll.
> JMTCW Ken
>
> > Dear all,
>
> > I got a problem with dragging and dropping mails from
> > outlook into a window or an object(listiew, ...) on a
> > window.
>
> > I first tried drag and dropping files on a listview and
> > this worked perfectly (i even got the right icon into the
> > listview).
>
> > but it seems dragging and dropping mails from outlook is a
> > lot more difficult.
> > the thing I want to do is to drag and drop an email from
> > outlook and save it's message to a certain directory to
> > begin with (maybe later I want that message to be inserted
> > immediately into a multiline edit control)
>
> > But I already found a program on the internet that does
> > the thing i want!
>
> >http://www.catsoft.ch/en/asp/page.aspx?key=3Ddownloads<<
> > look for =93Drag & Drop in PB=94
> >http://www.catsoft.ch/files/pbdragdrop.zip<< direct
> > download
>
> > I must say it is a small program but it does exactly what
> > i need.
> > but if I look at the program it seems to use a dll to
> > register the window for drag and drop for emails. (correct
> > me if I am wrong)
>
> > my question is now how do you register a window for
> > dragging and dropping emails? (I can't use the dll from
> > the site above because of security reasons of the company
> > I work for)
>
> > my guess is to make a dll in c# and somehow register it
> > but I don=92t really know how.
> > I have tried several things in c#.
> > (I have been looking for a solution for over a week)
>
> > I am using powerbuilder 11.2 build 8616 =A0and visual studio
> > 2008 (express edition)
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Maarten
0
Maarten_deme
5/15/2009 7:23:06 PM
Arthur,

i'll have to ask my work for that :)
if you would sell it, for how much would that be? so i can make a
proposal to my company.

Regards
Maarten

On 15 mei, 18:54, Arthur Hefti <art...@catsoft.ch> wrote:
> Ken
>
> thanks for your list of options in. I have 5th suggestion: I could sell
> the source code of the DLL ;-).
>
> Regards
> Arthur
>
> In article <4a0d85f2.1a66.1681692...@sybase.com>, Ken says...
>

> > 1. =A0Drag from Outlook to the desktop, then to your app. (May
> > be a temporary solution.)
> > 2. =A0Search for the VB/C++/C# code that duplicates the MS
> > drag-and-drop from Outlook to the desktop. =A0(I?ve come
> > across it once or twice, but C code is too much of a memory
> > for me now and I don't have VS available.)
> > 3. =A0Hire Arthur Hefti at catsoft to help you implement his
> > code used to create the dddll.dll, which essentially does
> > #2. =A0This would probably be cheaper in the long run.
> > (tongue-in-cheek).
> > 4. =A0Convince the powers-that-be to use the catsoft dll.
> > JMTCW Ken
>
> > > Dear all,
>
> > > I got a problem with dragging and dropping mails from
> > > outlook into a window or an object(listiew, ...) on a
> > > window.
>
> > > I first tried drag and dropping files on a listview and
> > > this worked perfectly (i even got the right icon into the
> > > listview).
>
> > > but it seems dragging and dropping mails from outlook is a
> > > lot more difficult.
> > > the thing I want to do is to drag and drop an email from
> > > outlook and save it's message to a certain directory to
> > > begin with (maybe later I want that message to be inserted
> > > immediately into a multiline edit control)
>
> > > But I already found a program on the internet that does
> > > the thing i want!
>
> > >http://www.catsoft.ch/en/asp/page.aspx?key=3Ddownloads<<
> > > look for ?Drag & Drop in PB?
> > >http://www.catsoft.ch/files/pbdragdrop.zip<< direct
> > > download
>
> > > I must say it is a small program but it does exactly what
> > > i need.
> > > but if I look at the program it seems to use a dll to
> > > register the window for drag and drop for emails. (correct
> > > me if I am wrong)
>
> > > my question is now how do you register a window for
> > > dragging and dropping emails? (I can't use the dll from
> > > the site above because of security reasons of the company
> > > I work for)

0
Maarten_deme
5/15/2009 7:25:07 PM
Maarten

I send you a private email about this.

Regards
Arthur

In article <09823ef7-8941-4c94-a7b8-629651b63769
@o30g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>, duve.maarten@deme.be says...