Date & Time of a file

Hi,

How can I get the creation date & time of a file. For Example COMMAN.COM
 06/12/96  12:12 ) or
any file. Thanks in advance

COMMAND  COM        93.812  06/12/96  12:12 command.com

0
Melih
12/28/1999 1:37:24 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Melih,

There's a PFC function in file services that does this for you. For an
example of the technique, check out of_GetCreationDatetime in the
n_cst_filesrvwin32 object in pfcapsrv.pbl.

--
Regards,
Millard[Team Sybase]

Melih Vardar wrote in message ...
>Hi,
>
>How can I get the creation date & time of a file. For Example COMMAN.COM
> 06/12/96  12:12 ) or
>any file. Thanks in advance
>
>COMMAND  COM        93.812  06/12/96  12:12 command.com

0
Millard

Server Date & Time vs. Local Date & Time
I have the following code (which some members assisted with) and it works great locally... It takes the date and time and formats just the way I want:  e.g.:  10/28/2008 13:58:44 becomes 102820080158 (which is what I want) But, when I upload the app to our server the date pulled is:           10/28/2008 1:59:37 PM As a result the date skips the formatting and does not work, so how can I code this so the date/time will be the same whether its local or on a server, and I have adjusted the regional settings to match - and same issue...

File time & date change every time
Hi, Since some days, I have a curious problem with file time/date on my file server Novell 6.5 (service pack 4). The date/time "last modified" always change. For example, I have a file "last modified" 12 september 2003, 17:40. Each time I verify the Properties with Windows XP pro, this time/date increase !!!. If I copy this file on a local harddisk, the date is fixed on the file copied, but continue to increase on my file server. It create hudge problems for incremental backup !!! Any idea to resolve this strange situation ??? Thanks in advance ! ea...

Compare file modified date time to system date time
I have an client application that uploads a zip file to a server. Once the server application sees the file, it processes the file. The process starts before the zip file is completely downloaded to the server. I want to delay the process until the file is completely downloaded. I am trying to compare the zip file modified date time with the system date time. If the zip file modified date time is 5 seconds older than the system date time then I know the zip file downloaded. At this point I will continue to process the zip file. I am not sure how I can compare the two date time. The DateTime....

Last access date & time of files
Hi, When we look at the properties of a files, the last access date is modified but the last access time always display 00:00. Is it normal? We are running GW 6.5 SP2. Regards, Eric Bellavance Ministere des Finances Yep, last access time is a recent and well hidden addition to the API's Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Dave Parkes wrote: > Yep, last access time is a recent and well hidden addition to the API's Agreed, its presence is not well documented and I found it when looking ...

Accesing a file's date & time
In PowerBuilder 5.0 under Win32, how can I access a filesystem's file date & time? Do I have to make Win32 API calls? Which way is the easiest one? Thanks in advance. Alfredo Coviello FUNCTION long GetFileTime(long hfile, ref st_filetime lpcreationtime, ref st_filetime lplastaccesstime, ref st_filetime lplastwritetime) LIBRARY "kernel32.dll" FUNCTION long FileTimeToSystemTime(ref st_filetime lpFileTime, ref st_systemtime lpSystemTime) LIBRARY "kernel32.dll" I did this a few month before to write a little helper for auto-updates on my apps. As m...

date/time or date and time
I am setting up an SQL database and I will need to get differences in dates. For example I have a start date, start time, completion date and completion time and I want to get the difference between the start and completion. Would it be better to have one field with both date and time in it, or better to have a date field and a time field? Even though I have already started setting up the tables with seperate fields for date and time I am now leaning toward one field with date/time in it. (Only because that is the way I had to do it when setting up an Excel spreadsheet for a similar ta...

Daylight Savings Time and File Date/Time Stamps
We use automated scripts for AutoCAD Lisp routines to compare files on a local workstation's hard drive to the same files located on the server. If the server files are "newer", then we copy them to the workstation. Thus... we have a poor man's setup to "update" workstations when AutoCAD Lisp programming changes/updates are made. When Daylight Savings time ended Saturday night, the server's time changed as expected, but the time stamp on our files created between April and October also changed. All the files created in that time period had a o...

Locate file where the file name follow date and time.
Hi All: I want to read text file from C drive whereby the file name is unknown, it depend on when the user execute the export system. For e.g if user export the file now the file name will follow current date and time 20020502012756. if the user export the file today 8.00pm the file name will be 20020502160000. How do I locate this file? Use GetFileOpenName and let the user select the file. tomms wrote in message <6s89CKa8BHA.195@forums.sybase.com>... >Hi All: > >I want to read text file from C drive whereby the file name is unknown, it >depend on when...

Speeding up date time & time zone code
From profiling, I think the single biggest speed up that could be done for DateTime, when using an Olson DB timezone, would be to implement Tree::RedBlack in XS. Even better would be to implement a custom red-black tree that natively worked with the kind of weird values that are fed into (complex data structures as opposed to scalars). This would be a huge win for anyone who had to work with time zones. Any takers? -dave /*======================= House Absolute Consulting www.houseabsolute.com =======================*/ >Even better would be to implement a custom &g...

Oracle 10g and powerbuilder Timestamp & Date date types.
We currently have a powerbuilder application 10.2.1 that uses a DB2 database, we are trying to convert to an Oracle 10g database. We are using a native Oracle 10g ODBC driver (OraClient10g_home1 10.02.00.01). We have an application that currently has a lot of timestamp data types in DB2 we also do this to keep milliseconds. I was able in testing with Oracle and the above ODBC to get datawindow to send milliseconds in the sql and saved to the database in a timestamp data type. To get this to happen I had set the date time format in the ODBC connection (DateTime=' \''DD-MMM-Y...

What may be updating file date and time of unacessed msf files?
I use an archiving backup program that automatically adds a new revision to an archive file when the file's date and time are updated on my Win2000 system. I have just recently switched to Thunderbird from Eudora where I used essentially the same archiving scheme. In Eudora, the mail and TOC file's date and time would not change unless new mail was added or content of something in composition in the Outbox changed. But now, in my recent Thunderbird 2.0.0.22 install something is changing a different set of 23 to 25 .msf file's date and time in a cycle that rene...

How to change the calendar control date & year & time
Hi, I wonder how to change calendar date / year time. Because I type Calendar1.VisibleDate.Subtract(TimeSpan.FromDays(365)); to show the calendar one year ago but it just does not show the correct year. In fact it seems that nothing happend when I trigger that event using a button Because what I want to do is to display a calendar and on top of it I wanna display a combo box so that the user can just use the combo box to navigate to the desired year. I don't think using previous month and next month as provided in the calendar would be efficient. Hope someone can help m...

Object && dw && views
Can one Object when a datawindow's data source is a view? I am trying to reference a column from my datawindow but it tell me that it is an ivalid row when I run the application. ************************** //ex This.Onject.column_nm[This.GetSelectedRow(0)] = value. ************************ It works fine on other datawindows where my datasource is embedded sql.Thanks in advance. Charlie Try this: long l_row l_row = This.GetSelectedRow(0) IF l_row > 0 AND l_row <= This.RowCount() THEN This.Object.column_nm[l_row ] = value END IF charlie wrote in message &l...

Free Online Dating For You - Love & Dating
Hi Must visit these sites! http://free-online-dating-for-you.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-to-ask-someone-out-on-date.html http://free-online-dating-for-you.blogspot.com/2010/05/3-things-youll-hardly-consider-as.html http://free-online-dating-for-you.blogspot.com/2010/05/fool-proof-ways-to-pick-up-girls.html http://free-online-dating-for-you.blogspot.com/2010/05/what-you-need-to-know-how-to-seduce.html http://free-online-dating-for-you.blogspot.com/2010/05/some-easy-steps-on-how-to-get-women.html http://free-online-dating-for-you.blogspot.com/2010/05/about-dating.html http://free-online-da...

Web resources about - Date & Time of a file - sybase.powerbuilder.objects