can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!

0
tadsun
5/30/2002 9:12:52 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.objects 3160 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please do not cross-post.

--
<hopethishelps/>
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message

0
Roy

HELP NEEDED: OCX's created from JavaBeans (using ActiveX bridge) hang PowerBuilder 6.0
I recently downloaded PowerBuilder 6.0 Desktop for evaluation purposes. I am trying to add an OCX created from a java bean using Sun's ActiveX bridge. I can add the OCX ok... but when I attempt to save my application afterwards PowerBuilder hangs. CPU goes full throttle. I have tried all of the sample OCX's from the JAVA BDK. They all hang PowerBuilder. The OCX's work fine in other containers, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.... Has anyone else tried this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Danny danm@telexiscorp.com ...

Why can't I use automation server in PB, which i can use in VB ?
Hi all, I want to use an automation server in PB. I have an Example in VB, which works fine. I have to choose the server in Project-References. Then I declare an object and I can connect to the automation server. But in PB, I cant't see the automation server in the browser under programmable objects. And I cant't connect to the automation server with the program id that I use in VB. Can anybody help me ? Werner Werner, Looks like you and I posted very similar questions. I am in the process of starting to integrate Crystal Reports into our PowerBuilder applica...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

PB 5, OLE's, and OCX's
Anyone have an idea that may solve this one: I create an OLE object, connect to a COM object, then use the COM object via OLE accordingly. However, when I build the application, the OLE object isn't being created. I created an ActiveX control (OCX) however PB 5 will no longer recognize, a.k.a. "see", the OCX control. Any ideas? Unfortunately, not by my choice, I don't have the option to migrate to a better version of Power Builder. Have you tried registering the ocx file... System32\regsvr32.exe directory\name.ocx HTH <Superman> wrote in me...

Automation Server can't create object..
Hi Experts, I am trying to use the javascript's FileSysyemObject as ,, var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"); var a = fso.CreateTextFile("c:\\testfile.txt",true); a.WriteLine("This is a test"); a.Close(); If am making an .html page then it is working fine. But if i am using this script in .aspx page, I am facing a javascript error message. Automation Server can't create object.. I am searching the solution from last 2 days. Please give me a proper reason of this error RegardsMuhammad Kamran Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post th...

Automation server can't create object
Hi there.. - using Appeon 2.8 wt PB8 & EA Server 5.0 in windows 2000 - unable to preview the app in client browser, IE gives error "Automation server can't create object" "Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101. - testing at the server is ok. Please advice. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp There are two possible problems for the error: 1) The Internet Explorer version is not IE 6.0 SP1, but IE 5.5 or IE 6.0 SP2. IE 6.0 SP1 is the certified version. Solution: If y...

Automation Server can't create object in FileSystemObject
Hi Experts, I am trying to use the javascript's    FileSysyemObject as ,, var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");            var a = fso.CreateTextFile("c:\\testfile.txt",true);            a.WriteLine("This is a test");            a.Close(); If am making  an .html page then it is working fine. But if i am using this script in .aspx page, I am facing a javascript  error message. Auto...

Automation server can't create object error
Hi friends I created a c# class library that is exposed to COM for the using in an asp.net page as an activex control.I have registered the dll and have created a strong name. When i am using it in my page i getting a "Automation server can't create object " error.I couldnt figure out the reason?Could anyone help I am working in VS.Net 2003. Thanks You need to tweak the properties of the browser. In the Browser Toolbar:Tools -> Internet Options -> choose the Security tabClick the Custom Level buttonEnable the following settings:      Run Ac...

Can't create pb ole object in VB?
I have successfully created Ole object in PowerBuilder. I can connect and call functions happily using PB. But when I try to access the object using VB I get the following error: Run-time error '429'; ActiveX component can't create object. My VB code is as follows: Dim Myole as Object Set MyOle = CreateObject("pboleobj.application") Please help. Do I need to move the vm and other dlls to the search path? Yes... make sure that the VM is in the search path. That should solve the problem. Costas Tsaklas[TeamPS] Elevated Technologies, Inc. - New...

Can't figure out what's wrong with mail URL's
I have a problem in that when I click a URL within my mail client (Mozilla Thunderbird) - it downloads HTML and then displays it in IE with an address of C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Local Settings\Temp\name of HTML file This means that none of the associated images etc are displayed. The only way I can get the site to load properly is to copy and paste the URL into IE directly. Previously I was using Mozilla Firebird as my default browser. Anyone know what is going on here? Thanks! XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0, Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4 Paul Jackson <jackson.p.g@ayte...

Can I use UL9's ActiveX component to open UL7's database file?
UltraLite components require schema information in the database (8.0.2 and later). Also, as of 9.0.0, UltraLite's ActiveX component on the desktop works with Unicode databases. Palm database files are still ANSI and Windows CE database files are still Unicode. If you are synchronizing, synchronize the old app, create a schema file with ulinit and then write your ActiveX app and synchronize it. Otherwise, for a Palm, Windows CE or unicode desktop database file: To move to 9.0.0 or later, you would have to: 1. Backup your database file just in case. 2. Modify your 7...

HELP accessing an ActiveX object's event interface with PB
I've recently encountered a problem with an ActiveX control which I am trying to use. Turns out the control uses simple ActiveX Objects which have an event interface. The problem is I cannot figure out how to access the event interface of an ActiveX Object contained within an ActiveX Control (PB gives us only the ActiveX Control event interface from what I can see). I'm using PB 5.0.04, and have sent a note to the author of the control. He suggested the following: ----------- We do not know Powerbuilder, sorry. But if you can figure out how Powerbuilder can get ...

OCX's created from JavaBeans (using ActiveX bridge) hang
I recently downloaded PowerBuilder 6.0 Desktop for evaluation purposes. I am trying to add an OCX created from a java bean using Sun's ActiveX bridge. I can add the OCX ok... but when I attempt to save my application afterwards PowerBuilder hangs. CPU goes full throttle. I have tried all of the sample OCX's from the JAVA BDK. They all hang PowerBuilder. The OCX's work fine in other containers, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.... Has anyone else tried this ? ...

ActiveXObject error
Hi all, I have a COM object written in C# and registered. When doing a new ActiveXObject() from a random HTML page the object is created successfully and I can interact with the API successfully. This works unktil I do this call from an HTML or ASPX page in a Web Application. When I try this code from one of these pages I get the "Automation server can't create object." error. I have even tried to the new ActiveXObject() call with the CLSID but this gives me the same result.   I can access the API if I add the COM object in <object> tags but I want ...

Web resources about - can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me! - sybase.powerbuilder.objects

Automation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a hierarchical presentation of automation topics, see Outline of automation . For other uses, see Automation (disambiguation) . Automation ...

Automation World - Covering the field of industrial automation
AutomationWorld.com delivers content for the Automation Buying team, which includes Information Technology and Networking; Operations and Engineering; ...

Facebook Ads API Partner AdStage: Campaign Automation, $6.25M Series A Funding
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Facebook PMD IgnitionOne launches self-service marketing automation
IgnitionOne , a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer, announced Tuesday the launch of the Marketing Automation tool. A fully integrated module ...

Automation Heroes (@automationhero) on Twitter

Automation World
Automation World is your link to the why and how of manufacturing automation. The purpose of this group is to connect manufacturing engineers,... ...

Young people don't consider automation issues when choosing a career
... launched a new research study that determines that almost half (49 percent) of young people in Britain are not taking the issue of job automation ...

Meet Microbot Push, a home automation gadget lazy people will love
A South Korean startup called Naran has come up with an incredibly clever way for users to control and automate any type of switch-oriented task ...

Robots Will Change World Beyond Recognition Says BoA; Automation Will Change Jobs More Than Kill Them ...
Robot Theory The battle of robot theory is on. Bank of America paints one picture and McKinsey another. Let's investigate both theories. Automation ...

Rockwell Automation Announces Mobility Co-Innovation with Microsoft
A new mobility co-innovation project by Rockwell Automation and Microsoft Corp. will be demonstrated at Automation Fair in Chicago Nov. 18 and ...