R0039 error in Powerbuilder 11.5

I am doing an upgrade from PB 8 to Powerbuilder 11.5.  I am
having problems with an .ocx file.  It worked on the earlier
version, and I have had it work on the machine I am on.  It
worked 2 times in a row, then now I get the error, "Error
accessing external object property ...".  I have
unregistered/registered the OCX many times, but it cannot
find it consistently.  After it worked 2 times, I did
absolutely nothing to the code or anything else, it just
stopped working.  Any ideas?
0
Ralf
11/15/2010 9:43:28 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Ralf;

   Since PB 11.5 is Unicode and PB 8 is ANSI - is the OCX Unicode compatible
if you are passing or receiving string data? If not, you may have to convert
the data stream before / after calling it. Just a thought.

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Ralf" wrote in message news:4ce1a980.51be.1681692777@sybase.com...

I am doing an upgrade from PB 8 to Powerbuilder 11.5.  I am
having problems with an .ocx file.  It worked on the earlier
version, and I have had it work on the machine I am on.  It
worked 2 times in a row, then now I get the error, "Error
accessing external object property ...".  I have
unregistered/registered the OCX many times, but it cannot
find it consistently.  After it worked 2 times, I did
absolutely nothing to the code or anything else, it just
stopped working.  Any ideas?

0
Chris
11/15/2010 9:47:03 PM
I removed the ocx object, and tried to re-insert of it on
the page.  I get this error, "Insertion of OLE object
failed; license file required".
I have a standalone license and it says it valid, so not
sure why I am getting this error.
0
Ralf
11/16/2010 2:56:11 PM
Which license is causing the problem? The PowerBuilder license or the
license for the ocx?

On 11/16/2010 8:56 AM, Ralf wrote:
> I removed the ocx object, and tried to re-insert of it on
> the page.  I get this error, "Insertion of OLE object
> failed; license file required".
> I have a standalone license and it says it valid, so not
> sure why I am getting this error.
0
Jason
11/16/2010 3:42:11 PM
Hi Jason;

  Sounds like the OCX to me as he can start and work with PB OK to get into
the painter that starts the OCX insertion process.

"Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]"  wrote in message

Which license is causing the problem? The PowerBuilder license or the
license for the ocx?

On 11/16/2010 8:56 AM, Ralf wrote:
> I removed the ocx object, and tried to re-insert of it on
> the page.  I get this error, "Insertion of OLE object
> failed; license file required".
> I have a standalone license and it says it valid, so not
> sure why I am getting this error.

0
Chris
11/16/2010 3:46:58 PM
I seen on the Sybase use case the same problem with version
8.  It said to put the ocx and the .lic in the same
directory and register the OCX from there, that it would
solve the problem.  But, it does not solve it with me. I
cleaned the registry out to make sure, but I still have the
problem.  I updated the license in PB to have it point the
my .lic file to make sure.
  I thought the problem was with PB, but now it looks as
though it may be a problem with the OCX.  We have been using
the same OCX for around 10 years I think, but this newer
version of PB just doesn't accept it

> Which license is causing the problem? The PowerBuilder
> license or the  license for the ocx?

0
Ralf

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

PowerBuilder 11.5
I have an application that I am creating that accesses a web service designed by our customer and retrieves inventory/product/order information. I am getting the error "There was an error generating the XML document" on one of the calls to the web service. The process is that I call the function GetPickTickets and with a string argument that contains the store code. This returns an array of any open orders for that particular store. This works fine. After that I call another function UpdatePickTicket which acknowledges that we recieved the order information for a specif...

How to secure powerbuilder 11.5 net web service
?Hi all, How do I enable security on a web service built with pb11.5. I've been reading this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w67h0dw7.aspx but I'm not sure how to acomplish it, on the web service and the client side. Any help? thanks ...

powerbuilder 11.5 install and dotnet .net framework
Hi. I am seeing the error text pasted below when I start to install pb 11.5. Even on the phone with Microsoft, I have been unable to install .net so that pb is satisfied. This problem is occurring on a new 64 bit vista machine, but when I started to install 11.5 on my old 32 bit xp, the same error displayed. Another developer also mentioned seeing this error--but just continued with the installation. He does not need .net or web services. Does anyone know how to install .net when .net is apparently not properly installed (broken) and... cannot be uninstalled, and cannont be re...

Error calling GetUserNameA win API from PowerBuilder 11.5
I have declared a global external function GetUserNameA for advapi32.dll in powerbuilder 11.5. Then i am trying to call this function from application open event. When cintrol comes to calling GetUserNameA, application fails with null object reference. Why is my pb aplication not able to recognise this win wrapper function? Pls help with ur suggestions. Is there any settings are code that I am missing? You want to use the unicode version; GetUserNameW On 23/11/2010 1:00 PM, sapna wrote: > I have declared a global external function GetUserNameA for > advapi32.dll in powe...

Powerbuilder 11.1 using WebServices .net 3.5 Framework
Hi All, I've created a "Hello World" web service using Visual Studio 2008 with 3.5 .net Framework, tested the web service and it works fine. Deployed the web service to a IIS 5.0 Web server on Windows XP Pro; now I'm trying to generate the WebService proxy in PB 11.1. I've set the WSDL engine to ".Net", point to the IIS server for the ".asmx" file for the WSDL location. When I try to deploy the project, I keep getting the following error. "Cannot access the WSDL or the WSDL file is invalid. (file://bla bla bla) Is PB compatiable wi...

Upgrade from powerbuilder 10.5 to 11.5
Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source. Does this sound about right at all? Many Thanks Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have converted over 25 applications (most very large) from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any problems (no additional steps or changes to objects or code was required, for us at least). The only cav...

Powerbuilder 11.5/EAServer5.5 ConnectToServer
OK, I don't have to configure development stations every day in fact the last time was 4+ years ago. I know this is simple but it's not coming to me at the moment. I've installed Powerbuilder 11.5. I've installed EAServer 5.5. I can connect to my server through EAServer manager. I can deploy objects from PB into EAServer. When I run my application, I'm getting a connecttoserver error 57, not connected to the server. application = 'PACKAGE01' /* Package on EAServer connectstring = '' location = 'laptop:9000' /* EAserver locat...

How to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I would like to know if it is possible (if yes then how) to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application. Any pointer or information is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Jessica The first thing you need to do is install the AJAX Extensions for ASP.Net. They can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en You write a client-side JavaScript event handler - say myScriptFile.js. Then, in the PowerBuilder ...

PowerBuilder 11.5 does not disconnect from SQL Server 2005 using ADO.Net
Hi. I'm work with PowerBuilder 11.5 Build 4566 and SQLServer 2005 SP2 and try to disconnect using sqlca; but don`t work using ADO.Net driver. Help me please. Thanks Marcelo Pe�ailillo ...

Powerbuilder 11.5 Executable : Error loading client library DLLs. Unable to connect to server
I migrated from PB 8.0 to PB 11.5 successfully but I cannot run the executable I built from PB 11.5. The error is "Error loading client library DLLs. Unable to connect to server" . If I run the program from design mode it is fine but only with the executable. I have also tried runtime packager to build all the needed dlls but yet the problem persist.Can somebody help me out? You might try something like "listdlls" from sysinternals to see what dlls are actually loaded when you execute your application. There are a couple of new dlls that are required over the ones...

Web resources about - R0039 error in Powerbuilder 11.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.net

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles