pb 11.5 c/s to webforms

Hi.  We successfully converted a large 11.5 app to webforms.
However, in many sections of the program, we utilize 'filters' where the
user will check and uncheck filter values.
Each time a filter value is checked or unchecked, a clicked event is
triggered and some server-side processing takes place before control is
returned to the user.
In the c/s app, the delay between clicking and the expected display change,
is very small.
What's the best approach here?
Thanks,
Doug

0
Doug
1/4/2011 9:49:37 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Doug;

  My best advice is to try your application deployed to the web using the
Appeon product. It completely removes the dependence on the PB runtimes and
uses a great internal architecture to process requests locally within the
Browser.

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Doug Stone"  wrote in message news:4d2395f1$1@forums-1-dub...

Hi.  We successfully converted a large 11.5 app to webforms.
However, in many sections of the program, we utilize 'filters' where the
user will check and uncheck filter values.
Each time a filter value is checked or unchecked, a clicked event is
triggered and some server-side processing takes place before control is
returned to the user.
In the c/s app, the delay between clicking and the expected display change,
is very small.
What's the best approach here?
Thanks,
Doug

0
Chris
1/5/2011 12:50:28 AM
You can write client-side JavaScript event handlers to handle stuff
like this.  See the second page of the following:

http://frederickkoh.sys-con.com/node/420530

On 4 Jan 2011 13:49:37 -0800, "Doug Stone" <doug.stone@res-q.com>
wrote:

>Hi.  We successfully converted a large 11.5 app to webforms.
>However, in many sections of the program, we utilize 'filters' where the
>user will check and uncheck filter values.
>Each time a filter value is checked or unchecked, a clicked event is
>triggered and some server-side processing takes place before control is
>returned to the user.
>In the c/s app, the delay between clicking and the expected display change,
>is very small.
>What's the best approach here?
>Thanks,
>Doug

0
Bruce
1/5/2011 2:41:56 AM
Hi Chris,
We recently deployed a large app using Appeon.
Appeon staff in China actually took care of all our code-in-the-gui
situations--so that the app would perform well over the web.
Our programming staff was seriously impressed with their work.
Yes, Appeon is one possible solution for us.
Thanks,
Doug

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
> Hi Doug;
>
>  My best advice is to try your application deployed to the web using the
> Appeon product. It completely removes the dependence on the PB runtimes
> and uses a great internal architecture to process requests locally within
> the Browser.
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "Doug Stone"  wrote in message news:4d2395f1$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hi.  We successfully converted a large 11.5 app to webforms.
> However, in many sections of the program, we utilize 'filters' where the
> user will check and uncheck filter values.
> Each time a filter value is checked or unchecked, a clicked event is
> triggered and some server-side processing takes place before control is
> returned to the user.
> In the c/s app, the delay between clicking and the expected display
> change,
> is very small.
> What's the best approach here?
> Thanks,
> Doug

0
Doug
1/5/2011 4:00:58 PM
Hi Doug;

  I am glad that you have Appeon already and thanks for the great feedback
on your previous Appeon experience!

Good luck!

> Hi Doug;
>
>  My best advice is to try your application deployed to the web using the
> Appeon product. It completely removes the dependence on the PB runtimes
> and uses a great internal architecture to process requests locally within
> the Browser.
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "Doug Stone"  wrote in message news:4d2395f1$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hi.  We successfully converted a large 11.5 app to webforms.
> However, in many sections of the program, we utilize 'filters' where the
> user will check and uncheck filter values.
> Each time a filter value is checked or unchecked, a clicked event is
> triggered and some server-side processing takes place before control is
> returned to the user.
> In the c/s app, the delay between clicking and the expected display
> change,
> is very small.
> What's the best approach here?
> Thanks,
> Doug

0
Chris

PB 11.5 Webform and C#
I am very new to web services and web forms. I have been programming in PB since version 4. After I deploy a .NET web form application I can see it on the web (localhost) with no problem. My C# counter part was curious on how PB would create the C# code. So I am looking for a .cs file for my web form app but can not find it. Does it create it or is the a feature still in development for possible PB 12.0 release? He wants to bring it up in Visual Studio to view the .cs C# code. Thanks, Tom Rundo "Surprisingly enough" Sybase doesn't give you access ...

Problem consuming PB 11 .NET web service from PB 11 WebForm
Okay, great! What I am trying to accomplish is to consume a .NET webservice created with PB 11 from a WebForm target created in PB 11. First off, the only way I could find to generate the web service proxy is to create a new PB Application target, then generate the proxy into a library that is part of the library search path for the WebForm target. When I tried to generate directly into the WebForm target the option is greyed out on the Project page. I imported the appropriate file to get the soapconnection and soapexception objects into my webform target and everything in webfo...

PB 11.5 with C#.NET seamless screens
We have an app written in PB and we want to start using C# assemblies. We were able to get a pop-up window to display that was written in C#. What we would like is to be able to open the window within the main 'frame' of the app so it looks like 1 seamless application. We don't want a pop-up, but rather screens that appear to work seamlessly together. Is this possible? ...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

How PB 11.5.1 call C# .NET (VS2008 SP-1) function with array
Hi, I've created a C# .NET class with VS 2008 with a few functions. This function contains several arguments with string[] type. As I try to call it from PB, it crahses with this error message "Invalid parameter type calling external object function getalluserpasswordinfo at line 19 in Clicked event of object cb_all" Here's the .NET function prototype: =======>>>> this one does not work in PB <<<<<<<========= public int GetAllUserPasswordInfo(ref string errorMessage, ref string[] logonIDList, ref str...

Upgrade from PB 5 to PB 11.5
Hello: We have a software written in PB 5. We are planning to upgrade it from PB 5 to PB 11.5. We've used PFC in this application and database is Sybase 9. Is there any known issues ??? Any Suggestions?? Please help.. Thanks in advance Robin Start at http://www.techno-kitten.com/ and look at the changes to PB over the versions, and the migration guide. The migration wizard should work directly from 5 to 11.5. Some things that come to mind: PB is Unicode starting with 10. This will affect external function definitions. PFC has been open-sourced. You will need to get...

Pb 11.2 and PB 11.5
Hi, I have a stand alone license and currnetly have PB 11.1 installed. My license info from sybase says it should support PB 11.0, 11.1 AND 11.5. License Type: Standalone Seat (SS) Alternative Use Enabled What is Alternative Use Licensing? Applicable to Product(s): Version Description 11.5 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.5 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) 11.1 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.1 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) 11.0 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.0 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) I downloaded pb 11.5 and tried to install it and got...

Support of PB 11.5.1 datawindow syntax in DW.NET 2.5
Hello, we have migrated our PowerBuilder development to PowerBuilder 11.5.1. Until now, we were simultaneously using our datawindows (developed in PB for our main Client/Server app) in ASP.NET application with Datawindow.NET. Now, when trying to use datawindow from PB 11.5.1 in DW.NET, we are getting error: "Line 2 Column 65; incorect syntax." I assume that DW.NET 2.5 does not support PB 11.5.1 datawindow syntax yet. Is there any workaround for this issue, or will there be a newer DW.NET release supporting this new datawindow syntax? LM use C:\Program Files\Sybase\...

PB 11.2 & PB 11.5
Can i have both PB11.2 & PB 11.5 co-exists w/o interfering & causing problem on my m/c? I will be running ONLY either PB 11.2 or PB 11.5 @ any time. Just want to make sure that when I run PB 11.2, the right DLLs are used (& dont get mixed up wth using PB 11.5 DLLs) Thnx Suresh It should not be a problem, since the DLLs have different names - you will see 110 and 115 (I think - my 11s are not on this computer) in the names. What gets tricky is having two maintenance releases of the same major release (11.5 is a major release). I have heard of people doing that by ins...

Why is there no DW.NET 2.x version compatible with PB 11.5 and PB 12 datawindow objects?
Gee wouldn't it be nice if there were a DW.NET version that actually ran with the datawindow objects from PB11.5 and PB12. Why is there no such patch or new version? INEXCUSABLE. No wonder a lot of people don't believe Sybase development languages are viable for the long run. hexageniameister@gmail.com wrote: > Gee wouldn't it be nice if there were a DW.NET version that actually > ran with the datawindow objects from PB11.5 and PB12. Why is there no > such patch or new version? INEXCUSABLE. No wonder a lot of people > don't believe Sybase developme...

Informix + PB 6.5: which I-Net for PB 6.5?
Hi, I want to migrate our PB4/ PB 5.01 16 bit Informix applications to 32bit. Which version of CLI/I-Connect and which PB 6.5 build do you recomend me? We are using 7.13 and 7.30 OnLine. TIA Pepa PS. I need ISO 8859.2 <-> ISO latin 2 (1250) conversion. We use the latest INFORMIX-Connect v 7.2 drivers for our PB 6.5 apps. These drivers are available for free download (actually INFORMIX-Client SDK, of which INFORMIX-Connect is the runtime component) from the Informix website ...

Error in PFC while migrating from PB 5 to PB 11.5
Hello: I've recently migrated our software from PB 5 to PB 11.5. While migrating it shows an error in of_prepprint of object pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_report -- "Duplicate variable: ls_objects" Please help me to resolve this issue.. Thanks Robin AFAIK you only need the declaration of ls_objects as an array. String ls_Objects[] Delete the other non-array declaration and/or compare the function with the one at codeplex. http://pfc.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/55448#301172 hth Arnd On 21 Sep 2010 12:42:31 -0700, Robin wrote: >Hell...

Migration problem from PB 6.5 to PB 11.5
Dear all, When I try to use the migrate assistant for the mirgration job on pb 6.5 to pb 11.5. Error occure during the migration (using migrate assisant). Powebuilder cause a problem and quit out. Inforamtion that I get from it is signature problem with below information :- AppName: pb115.exe AppVer: 11.5.0.2506 ModName: pbdwe115.dll ModVer: 11.5.0.3127 Offset: 0022a3e6 Any ideas on that ? Thanks -- Free News Reader http://put.hk http://put.hk/reader/forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general.html Before you migrate, I would ... 1) Optimize all you...

Pb 11.5 and ADO.NET
Hi all !! Does anybody has a little example of PB 11.5 using ado.net for database management (select, insert, update, delete) ? Best Regards -- Juli�n Tagarro ...

Web resources about - pb 11.5 c/s to webforms - sybase.powerbuilder.net

Mixing Razor Views and WebForms Master Pages with ASP.NET MVC 3 - Scott Hanselman
... General I've spent the last few weeks travelling around presenting WebMatrix, Razor and ASP.NET MVC 3 to folks. Many people have existing WebForms ...

Google Offers Webform To Comply With Europe’s ‘Right To Be Forgotten’ Ruling
Live in the European Union and want some old, irrelevant info about you deleted from search results? Google has now implemented a search removal ...

Google launches 'right to be forgotten' webform for removal requests - Technology - theguardian.com
Company responds to EU court ruling empowering citizens to have certain links about them deleted from search results

1Password no longer pasting in webforms? Here’s an easy fix
Like developer Derek Prior , I have found a number of websites have begun blocking paste operations into password fields. I’m not sure why, but ...

Google makes webform for removal of search results after European ruling
(Reuters) - Google Inc on Thursday said it has made a webform for Europeans to request the removal of results from its search engine to comply ...

Sqrl - CrunchBase Profile
Sqrl makes collecting information from clients completely painless. Accountants and other professional service providers spend as much as 25% ...

Twitter Help Center - Flagging Media Violati
Twitter is without a doubt the best way to share and discover what is happening right now.

Wikipedia talk:Assume good faith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is within the scope of WikiProject Spoken Wikipedia , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of articles that are spoken on ...

Telstra customer database exposed
Telstra customer database exposed

About Telstra - Contact Us
... for Telstra, including the Telstra main switchboard number, media contacts, investor contacts and treasury contacts. It also includes a webform ...