Inheriting from a system class looses constructor argument!

If I create a =93system.windows.documents.adorner =93 class,
see code below, it asks for the constructor argument
=93UIElement=94

UIElement uie
system.windows.documents.adorner  myadr
myadr =3d create system.windows.documents.adorner(uie)

but if I inherit and create my own copy of
=93system.windows.documents.adorner =93 in a PBL, when I
create that class in script, see below, it does not ask for
the constructor argument, is this a correct?

myadorner myad
myad =3d create myadorner <=3d=3d no UIElement required.
0
Peter
1/14/2011 4:37:21 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Peter,

I just went through the process

Looked at system.windows.documents.adorner
in the Object Browser  - did not see a default constructor

1. Inherited from system.windows.documents.adorner
2. Saw the overloaded constructor in the painter
3. Saved
4. Went to a script in a window event and started typing
	intellisense prompted me correctly all the way

	n_adorner myadorner
	myadorner = create n_adorner (
	//<< as soon as I hit ( intellisense prompted me with arg info
		so it knows about the overloaded constructor

It was able to compile without the call to the overloaded constructor
Wonder why - there is no default constructor???

--
Yakov [TeamSybase]
eLearnIT LLC

On 1/14/2011 11:37 AM, Peter Conn wrote:
> If I create a �system.windows.documents.adorner � class,
> see code below, it asks for the constructor argument
> �UIElement�
>
> UIElement uie
> system.windows.documents.adorner  myadr
> myadr = create system.windows.documents.adorner(uie)
>
> but if I inherit and create my own copy of
> �system.windows.documents.adorner � in a PBL, when I
> create that class in script, see below, it does not ask for
> the constructor argument, is this a correct?
>
> myadorner myad
> myad = create myadorner<== no UIElement required.

0
Yakov
1/14/2011 5:07:17 PM
I do not see the intellisense for the default contructor
arg, it is an abstract class, wonder if that effects it or
is this a PB bug.

MyAdorner adr
UIElement ui
adr =3d create MyAdorner(ui)  <=3d=3d=3d fails compile Error
1 No suitable constructor for create statement: Myadorner.

MyAdorner adr
adr =3d create MyAdorner() <=3d=3d passes compile

> Peter,
>
> I just went through the process
>
> Looked at system.windows.documents.adorner
> in the Object Browser  - did not see a default constructor
>
> 1. Inherited from system.windows.documents.adorner
> 2. Saw the overloaded constructor in the painter
> 3. Saved
> 4. Went to a script in a window event and started typing
>     intellisense prompted me correctly all the way
>
>     n_adorner myadorner
>     myadorner =3d create n_adorner (
>     //<< as soon as I hit ( intellisense prompted me with
> arg info
>         so it knows about the overloaded constructor
>
> It was able to compile without the call to the overloaded
> constructor Wonder why - there is no default
> constructor???
>

> --
> Yakov [TeamSybase]
> eLearnIT LLC
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/eLearnPB
> Blog: http://yakovwerde.sys-con.com
> Web Site: http://www.eLearnITOnline.com
>

> On 1/14/2011 11:37 AM, Peter Conn wrote:
> > If I create a =93system.windows.documents.adorner =93
class,
> > see code below, it asks for the constructor argument
> > =93UIElement=94
> >
> > UIElement uie
> > system.windows.documents.adorner  myadr
> > myadr =3d create system.windows.documents.adorner(uie)
> >
> > but if I inherit and create my own copy of
> > =93system.windows.documents.adorner =93 in a PBL, when I
> > create that class in script, see below, it does not ask
> > for the constructor argument, is this a correct?
> >
> > myadorner myad
> > myad =3d create myadorner<=3d=3d no UIElement required.

0
Peter
1/14/2011 5:38:55 PM
The doc says the parameter is
"The element to bind the adorner to"
My guess is that it is looking for a concrete reference to a GUI element
to bind to

Of course any FrameWork element IS A UIElement so I might be looking for
a Control or an ItemsControl etc.....

Yakov