Extend Ancestor not work

Hello,

I am using PB 12.1 Build 6639.  I inherited a window from the ancestor
window.  Even if I unclicked the Extend Ancestor, I found it did not work.
PB.NET still ran the ancestor script.  Could anybody advise how to fix it ?

Thanks
David

0
David
1/10/2011 9:19:30 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi David;

   This works OK for me, however I am on build 6518. I built an ancestor
window with some controls on it and added scripts on the Window and
controls. Then I inherited the base Window and disabled the ancestor scripts
on the descendant Window and its controls. All ancestor code was bypassed
(as expected).

Note: On the descendant code ... if you uncheck the "Extended Ancestor
Script" - did you also add at least one line code to enable the request
(even if its just a comment)?

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"David Tan"  wrote in message news:4d2acf22@forums-1-dub...

Hello,

I am using PB 12.1 Build 6639.  I inherited a window from the ancestor
window.  Even if I unclicked the Extend Ancestor, I found it did not work.
PB.NET still ran the ancestor script.  Could anybody advise how to fix it ?

Thanks
David

0
Chris
1/10/2011 2:06:42 PM
Hi Chris,

I tried again.  It is quite interesting.  I found that if I used the
following code in xaml.

<Button Name="button_close">Close(Parent)</Button>

"Extend Ancestor" did not work.

If I used PB WPF Control in the following, "Extend Ancestor" did work.

<pbwpf:CommandButton Height="28" Margin="0,0,0,0" Name="cb_ancestor"
TabOrder="10" Text="Ancestor" TextSize="-10" VerticalAlignment="Top"
PBHeight="112" PBWidth="398" X="1618" Y="1020" />

Does it means Visual Inheritance only works in PB WPF Controls ?

Thanks
David

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
> Hi David;
>
>   This works OK for me, however I am on build 6518. I built an ancestor
> window with some controls on it and added scripts on the Window and
> controls. Then I inherited the base Window and disabled the ancestor
> scripts on the descendant Window and its controls. All ancestor code was
> bypassed (as expected).
>
> Note: On the descendant code ... if you uncheck the "Extended Ancestor
> Script" - did you also add at least one line code to enable the request
> (even if its just a comment)?
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "David Tan"  wrote in message news:4d2acf22@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hello,
>
> I am using PB 12.1 Build 6639.  I inherited a window from the ancestor
> window.  Even if I unclicked the Extend Ancestor, I found it did not work.
> PB.NET still ran the ancestor script.  Could anybody advise how to fix it
> ?
>
> Thanks
> David

0
David
1/11/2011 6:03:09 AM
David

    <Button Name="button_close">Close(Parent)</Button>

PowerScript must be written in the backing class event handler NOT in
the XAML

--
Yakov [TeamSybase]
eLearnIT LLC

On 1/11/2011 1:03 AM, David Tan wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I tried again.  It is quite interesting.  I found that if I used the
> following code in xaml.
>
> <Button Name="button_close">Close(Parent)</Button>
>
> "Extend Ancestor" did not work.
>
> If I used PB WPF Control in the following, "Extend Ancestor" did work.
>
> <pbwpf:CommandButton Height="28" Margin="0,0,0,0" Name="cb_ancestor"
> TabOrder="10" Text="Ancestor" TextSize="-10" VerticalAlignment="Top"
> PBHeight="112" PBWidth="398" X="1618" Y="1020" />
>
> Does it means Visual Inheritance only works in PB WPF Controls ?
>
> Thanks
> David
>
> "Chris Pollach"<cpollach@travel-net.com>  wrote in message
>> Hi David;
>>
>>    This works OK for me, however I am on build 6518. I built an ancestor
>> window with some controls on it and added scripts on the Window and
>> controls. Then I inherited the base Window and disabled the ancestor
>> scripts on the descendant Window and its controls. All ancestor code was
>> bypassed (as expected).
>>
>> Note: On the descendant code ... if you uncheck the "Extended Ancestor
>> Script" - did you also add at least one line code to enable the request
>> (even if its just a comment)?
>>
>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
>> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>
>> "David Tan"  wrote in message news:4d2acf22@forums-1-dub...
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using PB 12.1 Build 6639.  I inherited a window from the ancestor
>> window.  Even if I unclicked the Extend Ancestor, I found it did not work.
>> PB.NET still ran the ancestor script.  Could anybody advise how to fix it
>> ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> David

0
Yakov
1/11/2011 1:12:05 PM
Are you saying that when you put a <Button> on there, it ran the script
in cb_ancestor? Or are you saying that you *wanted* it to run the script
in cb_ancestor, even though you were using <Button>?

A <Button> is a base class. There is no tie between your <Button> and
your cb_ancestor. I don't see how it could have known what ancestor
script to run.

On 1/11/2011 12:03 AM, David Tan wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I tried again.  It is quite interesting.  I found that if I used the
> following code in xaml.
>
> <Button Name="button_close">Close(Parent)</Button>
>
> "Extend Ancestor" did not work.
>
> If I used PB WPF Control in the following, "Extend Ancestor" did work.
>
> <pbwpf:CommandButton Height="28" Margin="0,0,0,0" Name="cb_ancestor"
> TabOrder="10" Text="Ancestor" TextSize="-10" VerticalAlignment="Top"
> PBHeight="112" PBWidth="398" X="1618" Y="1020" />
>
> Does it means Visual Inheritance only works in PB WPF Controls ?
>
> Thanks
> David
>
> "Chris Pollach"<cpollach@travel-net.com>  wrote in message
>> Hi David;
>>
>>    This works OK for me, however I am on build 6518. I built an ancestor
>> window with some controls on it and added scripts on the Window and
>> controls. Then I inherited the base Window and disabled the ancestor
>> scripts on the descendant Window and its controls. All ancestor code was
>> bypassed (as expected).
>>
>> Note: On the descendant code ... if you uncheck the "Extended Ancestor
>> Script" - did you also add at least one line code to enable the request
>> (even if its just a comment)?
>>
>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
>> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>
>> "David Tan"  wrote in message news:4d2acf22@forums-1-dub...
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using PB 12.1 Build 6639.  I inherited a window from the ancestor
>> window.  Even if I unclicked the Extend Ancestor, I found it did not work.
>> PB.NET still ran the ancestor script.  Could anybody advise how to fix it
>> ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> David

0
Jason
1/11/2011 2:51:09 PM
Hi David;

   I have just confirmed with Engineering that "Only PB controls can be
inherited directly".

Suggestion:  if you need to use a Microsoft control in the Window, one
workaround might be to create and use a PB UO inheriting from the MS control
instead, then unchecking "Extend Ancestor" should work for it. (** I have
not tested this **).

HTH

Regards ... Chris

> Hi David;
>
>   This works OK for me, however I am on build 6518. I built an ancestor
> window with some controls on it and added scripts on the Window and
> controls. Then I inherited the base Window and disabled the ancestor
> scripts on the descendant Window and its controls. All ancestor code was
> bypassed (as expected).
>
> Note: On the descendant code ... if you uncheck the "Extended Ancestor
> Script" - did you also add at least one line code to enable the request
> (even if its just a comment)?
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "David Tan"  wrote in message news:4d2acf22@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hello,
>
> I am using PB 12.1 Build 6639.  I inherited a window from the ancestor
> window.  Even if I unclicked the Extend Ancestor, I found it did not work.
> PB.NET still ran the ancestor script.  Could anybody advise how to fix it
> ?
>
> Thanks
> David

0
Chris

Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0
Hi All   Pages that work well on  win xp, asp.net2.0, and  win 2000 asp.net 1.1  computers  fails when the wind 2000 asp.net 1,1  computer is upgraded to asp.net 2.0  Many controls such as textboxs , buttons give this error >>>>Error Rendering Control - B1 An unhandled exception has occurred.RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();   <<<<<< Is windows 2000 incompatible with asp.2.0 ? Is the website using the correct version of the framework? (This can be checked from the ASP.NET tab of ...

AJAX Extension in asp.net 2.0 when i choose asp.net web site and run ajax control it will not work but if i choose asp.net ajax enabled web site ajax extensions are working file
 AJAX Extension in asp.net 2.0 when i choose new  asp.net web site and run ajax control it will not work but if i choose asp.net ajax enabled web site ajax extensions are working file.Because of this i will not able to use ajax extension in my previous website which are created in asp.net 2.0. Please help me how i will do it ..or i will convert all previous code in to ajax enabled web site but it is time consuming i think .. please give me proper solution i am new in asp.net development Sandeep, Nothing can help u better than this video RegardsKINJAL"Mark the post as an...

Type.GetType does not work in VB.NET but works in C#. VB.NET gurus Please help
Friends,   I am an experienced C# programmer who is working on a VB.NET project now. I am writing different methods covering the following functionalities 1) Take a datareader as input and return an arraylist of class object2) Take an xmlnode (received from a webservice) as input and return an arraylist of class object. The methods are generic methods which take datareader/xmlnode as first parameter and classname (string) as the second parameter. This way it will work trivially. The schema of class object matches with the input (datareader or xmlnode)In C# I used to do th...

Will Pocket PowerBuilder work on CE.NET
I keep getting an error message when I try to run the Pocket PowerBuilder application on CE.NET device, saying "LoadLibrary Failed on PKVM15u.dll". I have loaded all the DLLs at \Windows folder even install the entire Pocket PowerBuilder on the device How to get it work? There are previous postings about PocketBuilder and various CE.NET devices. Basically - PocketBuider is designed for the PocketPC (a.k.a Windows Mobile) version of CE.NET. Some people have had luck with some manufacturers version of CE.NET, but your mileage may vary. Regards, Reed Shilts PocketBuil...

Something wrong work with XAML and Powerbuilder .net
hey guys.. i encounted one problem using XAML I'd like to use XAML in my PowerBuilder .net project The compile error message is "it's sealed .. it can be pass from System.Windows.Media.Media3D.GeometryModel3D " something like that.. What's happen to me..? here is my XAML Script in PowerBuilder .net <-----------------------------------------> <Viewport3D> <Viewport3D.Camera> <OrthographicCamera Position="5,5,5" LookDirection="-1,-1,-1" Width="10" /> </Viewport...

Custom extender not working with Sys.Net.WebServiceProxy.invoke
Hi,I have written a custom extender. In this extender, when i click on a button, Sys.Net.WebServiceProxy.invoke is called like this InvokeWebService: function() {                Sys.Net.WebServiceProxy.invoke(this._servicePath, this._serviceMethod, false, {"controlLocation":this._controlPath},                             Function.createDelegate(this, this._onMethodComplete), F...

Powerbuilder GUI
If not already include/improved in PB 8, I would like to mention following suggestion: A visual indication for the extend / override status of a script so one can see the difference in one blink of an eye Nowadays, I try to remember to write '// Override' as a comment in an overrided script to focus my attention to this. But, it would be more convenient if a visual indication about this extend / override status of the script would be implemented automatically i.e. a different icon in the script selector dropdown list like it already exists for the difference between an new...

Code Works on VS 2003 /ASP.NET 1.1 but does not work on VS 2005 / ASP.NET 2.0??
Hi, We have a Perfectly well working Web Application  developed in VS 2003 /ASP.NET 1.1. We are trying upgrade to VS 2005 / ASP.NET 2.0 The Application itself Comprises of a Common SDK Components where we have our Controls like ComboView etc... I downloaded the  VS 2005 Web Application Project Preview and Installed it on my PC. I was successfully able to Upgrade ,compile and run this Web App in VS 2005 ( Until I thought So) After a little test on the Web UI I have found Several Problems:: 1. In the ComboView Control (which is embeded in a Page) we have several Buttons like "Ed...

Microsoft .NET not working with ASP.NET
Hi, I'm trying to open an ASP.NET Web Application Visual Basic project in Microsoft.NET 2003. When I try to do so, I get the error message:"Visual Studio.NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services."I saw on another post that someone else had a similar problem, and he was able to run the aspnet_regiis.exe file to fix his problem. However, I tried it myself, and still no luck. I'm not sure the executable is even running completely, as the terminal pops up then disappears in a fraction of a se...

Vb.net code in asp.net 2.0: works on hosts win 2003asp.net 2.0 server, crashes on xp asp.net offline workstation
Hi All  Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this code ?  Dim WeeklyRentalMinT as double = txtminrent.text  I 've been using code similar or identical to that since I started experimenting with ASP 3.0 in 2004 its worked every time, yet I now wonder if it contributed to slowing down my apps, we'll the code works on my host server, it worked on my pc when it was running asp.net 1.1, but now that i've upgraaded to asp.net 2.0, i get an error "[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]"  How would you read input from a form tex...

Update Panel Animation Extender Doesn't Work in ASP.NET 2.0??
I was following along with Joe Stagners video tutorial on using the ASP.Net AJAX UpdatePanelAnimation Extender (http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-164.aspx )I am using VWD 2008, but building in ASP.NET 2.0 due to hosting requirements. When I select 2.0 from Website->Start Options -> Build, the animation effects do not work in my browser. When I change back to 3.5, they work fine.Does anyone have any suggestions about what the problem may be?Any help much appreciated.     Do you have ASP.NET Ajax 1.0 installed?  It needs to be installed in addition to VWD 2...

In Proc fails with ASP.Net 2.0 + VB.Net ...works fine with C#.Net ( MS HELP ME)

Watermark Extender and Calendar extender do not work together?
Hi,   I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a solution for this problem. I have a textbox with a Watermark Extender attached to it. I also have a calendar extender attached to that same textbox. When the page loads the watermark is there as it should. When I click on the textbox the watermark disappears and the calendar launches. So far so good. It seems as though when I click on a calendar date it flashes the date in the textbox then goes back to the watermark. Are these two controls not able to work together?   Thank you Vear    We have a bug trac...

Call to non .net COM not working after .NET
I have developed small samples of ASP.NET and one of them I tried to call a standard COM (non .NET). I took the code out for now, but a call to that COM from traditional ASP application now does not work. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this?...

Web resources about - Extend Ancestor not work - sybase.powerbuilder.net

The Ancestor's Tale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Ancestor's Tale (subtitled A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Life ) is a 2004 popular science book by Richard Dawkins , with contributions from ...

Discover Your Ancestors on the App Store on iTunes
Get Discover Your Ancestors on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

One of Rusty DePass's ancestors - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
One of Rusty DePass's ancestors - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

New Human Ancestor Discovered: Homo naledi (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO) - YouTube
Within a deep and narrow cave in South Africa, paleoanthropologist Lee Berger and his team found fossil remains belonging to the newest member ...

Want to sleep deeply like our ancestors did? Try turning your lights off at dusk
What if you could meditate like a Tibetan lama with no instruction whatsoever - and without having to subscribe to any religious beliefs?

Ancestors hooked on age-old sport to survive
People were going deep-sea fishing for large delicacies such as tuna as long as 42,000 years ago, Australian researchers have discovered.

New human ancestor discovered in Africa
Scientists say the discovery of a human relative in Africa could change the understanding of human evolution

Obama meets Lucy, an ancient 'ancestor', in Ethiopia
Sydney Morning Herald Obama meets Lucy, an ancient 'ancestor', in Ethiopia Sydney Morning Herald Addis Ababa: , Barack Obama came to Africa ...

In the name of the father: the ancestors haunting APEC
On the eve of APEC, rampant nationalism, hostile acts and intertwined personal histories in the Asia-Pacific could be a greater threat to the ...

Human ancestor genomes 'feasible', after scientists sequence ancient horse
DNA BLUEPRINTS of humans' prehistoric ancestors may be just around the corner, after scientists sequenced the genome of an ancient horse from ...