error executing stored proc in migrated .net app.

I've migrated my PB 12 classic app to PB 12 .net. Now I want
to run it to make sure it works properly.  I keep getting an
error "Can not get parameters of procedure EXECUTE
sp_setapprole @rolename='xxx', @password='xxx'.

I'm using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 .  The PB code is
identical in the classic and .net versions, and I've
debugged both to make sure that the settings in sqlca etc
are identical.
0
Leah
1/11/2011 4:43:53 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Leah;

1)  Did you apply the PB 12.1 maintenance release?
2)  What DB connectivity mechanism are you trying to use?

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Leah" wrote in message news:4d2c88c9.7b31.1681692777@sybase.com...

I've migrated my PB 12 classic app to PB 12 .net. Now I want
to run it to make sure it works properly.  I keep getting an
error "Can not get parameters of procedure EXECUTE
sp_setapprole @rolename='xxx', @password='xxx'.

I'm using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 .  The PB code is
identical in the classic and .net versions, and I've
debugged both to make sure that the settings in sqlca etc
are identical.
0
Chris
1/11/2011 4:54:39 PM
I'm running the latest ebf 6639
I'm using SNC.

> Hi Leah;
>
> 1)  Did you apply the PB 12.1 maintenance release?
> 2)  What DB connectivity mechanism are you trying to use?
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "Leah" wrote in message
>
> I've migrated my PB 12 classic app to PB 12 .net. Now I
> want to run it to make sure it works properly.  I keep
> getting an error "Can not get parameters of procedure
> EXECUTE sp_setapprole @rolename='xxx', @password='xxx'.
>
> I'm using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 .  The PB code is
> identical in the classic and .net versions, and I've
> debugged both to make sure that the settings in sqlca etc
> are identical.
0
Leah
1/11/2011 6:32:47 PM
I've run dbtrace on both versions:
the PB Classic version does "Execute sp_setapprole...."
the PB .Net version does "EXECUTE REMOTE PROCEDURE: EXECUTE
sp_setapprole...."

the line of code in PB is:
ls_sql "Execute sp_setapprole @rolename=...."
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :ls_sql Using sqlca;

Has the syntax for executing stored procedures changed
between classic and .net?

thanks
Leah

> I'm running the latest ebf 6639
> I'm using SNC.
>
> > Hi Leah;
> >
> > 1)  Did you apply the PB 12.1 maintenance release?
> > 2)  What DB connectivity mechanism are you trying to
> use? >
> > Regards ... Chris
> > President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> > Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> > PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> > SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
> >
> > "Leah" wrote in message
> >
> > I've migrated my PB 12 classic app to PB 12 .net. Now I
> > want to run it to make sure it works properly.  I keep
> > getting an error "Can not get parameters of procedure
> > EXECUTE sp_setapprole @rolename='xxx', @password='xxx'.
> >
> > I'm using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 .  The PB code is
> > identical in the classic and .net versions, and I've
> > debugged both to make sure that the settings in sqlca
> > etc are identical.
0
Leah
1/11/2011 11:49:46 PM
Wow... sure seems that the .NET version treats SP's a little differently!
I would report this to Sybase using CaseXpress.

Is this "in line" SQL or from a DataWindow?

"Leah" wrote in message news:4d2cec9a.16e0.1681692777@sybase.com...

I've run dbtrace on both versions:
the PB Classic version does "Execute sp_setapprole...."
the PB .Net version does "EXECUTE REMOTE PROCEDURE: EXECUTE
sp_setapprole...."

the line of code in PB is:
ls_sql "Execute sp_setapprole @rolename=...."
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :ls_sql Using sqlca;

Has the syntax for executing stored procedures changed
between classic and .net?

thanks
Leah

> I'm running the latest ebf 6639
> I'm using SNC.
>
> > Hi Leah;
> >
> > 1)  Did you apply the PB 12.1 maintenance release?
> > 2)  What DB connectivity mechanism are you trying to
> use? >
> > Regards ... Chris
> > President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> > Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> > PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> > SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
> >
> > "Leah" wrote in message
> >
> > I've migrated my PB 12 classic app to PB 12 .net. Now I
> > want to run it to make sure it works properly.  I keep
> > getting an error "Can not get parameters of procedure
> > EXECUTE sp_setapprole @rolename='xxx', @password='xxx'.
> >
> > I'm using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 .  The PB code is
> > identical in the classic and .net versions, and I've
> > debugged both to make sure that the settings in sqlca
> > etc are identical.
0
Chris
1/12/2011 3:39:55 AM
It is in-line.
I removed the word "execute" from the variable and it seems
to work.

i.e. ls_sql = "sp_setapprole @rolename=...."
 EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :ls_sql Using sqlca

thanks
Leah

> Wow... sure seems that the .NET version treats SP's a
> little differently! I would report this to Sybase using
> CaseXpress.
>
> Is this "in line" SQL or from a DataWindow?
>

> "Leah" wrote in message
>
> I've run dbtrace on both versions:
> the PB Classic version does "Execute sp_setapprole...."
> the PB .Net version does "EXECUTE REMOTE PROCEDURE:
> EXECUTE sp_setapprole...."
>
> the line of code in PB is:
> ls_sql "Execute sp_setapprole @rolename=...."
> EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :ls_sql Using sqlca;
>
> Has the syntax for executing stored procedures changed
> between classic and .net?
>
> thanks
> Leah
>
> > I'm running the latest ebf 6639
> > I'm using SNC.
> >
> > > Hi Leah;
> > >
> > > 1)  Did you apply the PB 12.1 maintenance release?
> > > 2)  What DB connectivity mechanism are you trying to
> > use? >
> > > Regards ... Chris
> > > President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> > > Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> > > PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> > > SourceForge:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass >
> > > "Leah" wrote in message
> > >
> > > I've migrated my PB 12 classic app to PB 12 .net. Now
> > > I want to run it to make sure it works properly.  I
> > > keep getting an error "Can not get parameters of
> > > procedure EXECUTE sp_setapprole @rolename='xxx',
> > @password='xxx'. >
> > > I'm using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 .  The PB code
> > > is identical in the classic and .net versions, and
> > > I've debugged both to make sure that the settings in
> > > sqlca etc are identical.
0
Leah
1/12/2011 1:05:58 PM
Perfect!

Looks like the execute syntax is handled a little differently in the .NET
world.

"Leah" wrote in message news:4d2da736.3f95.1681692777@sybase.com...

It is in-line.
I removed the word "execute" from the variable and it seems
to work.

i.e. ls_sql = "sp_setapprole @rolename=...."
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :ls_sql Using sqlca

thanks
Leah

> Wow... sure seems that the .NET version treats SP's a
> little differently! I would report this to Sybase using
> CaseXpress.
>
> Is this "in line" SQL or from a DataWindow?
>

> "Leah" wrote in message
>
> I've run dbtrace on both versions:
> the PB Classic version does "Execute sp_setapprole...."
> the PB .Net version does "EXECUTE REMOTE PROCEDURE:
> EXECUTE sp_setapprole...."
>
> the line of code in PB is:
> ls_sql "Execute sp_setapprole @rolename=...."
> EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :ls_sql Using sqlca;
>
> Has the syntax for executing stored procedures changed
> between classic and .net?
>
> thanks
> Leah
>
> > I'm running the latest ebf 6639
> > I'm using SNC.
> >
> > > Hi Leah;
> > >
> > > 1)  Did you apply the PB 12.1 maintenance release?
> > > 2)  What DB connectivity mechanism are you trying to
> > use? >
> > > Regards ... Chris
> > > President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> > > Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> > > PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> > > SourceForge:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass >
> > > "Leah" wrote in message
> > >
> > > I've migrated my PB 12 classic app to PB 12 .net. Now
> > > I want to run it to make sure it works properly.  I
> > > keep getting an error "Can not get parameters of
> > > procedure EXECUTE sp_setapprole @rolename='xxx',
> > @password='xxx'. >
> > > I'm using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 .  The PB code
> > > is identical in the classic and .net versions, and
> > > I've debugged both to make sure that the settings in
> > > sqlca etc are identical.

0
Chris

Converting .net desktop application(vb.net app) to .net web application(asp.net app)
is it possible to convert/upgrad .net desktop application(vb.net application) to .net web application(asp.net application) ? If possible how? is there any extra software or wrapper for it? If possible please...Thanks..  There is no conversion software or wrappers that I know of. For the most part, you will have to rewrite it since the platforms are completely different.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate -While creating a SQL SERVER 2005 Stored prodecure in VS.NET 2005
 Running [dbo].[insertlogin] ( @log = hiten, @pas = hiten ).A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "insertlogin": System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Must declare the scalar variable "@Log".System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionSmi.EventSink.Pro...

Unhandled Exceptions not firing Application_Error event in Global.asax in migrated asp.net app from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hello fellow developers...We have recently migrated our enterprise level asp.net 1.1 app to asp.net 2.0 using WebApplicationProjects template for VS 2005.The migration went well and the app is fully functional in asp.net 2.0. We have identified and solved quite a few issues.However this one is stumping me. We have an application level error trap for all unhandled exceptions - Application_Error event in Global.asaxThis was working well in v1.1 but does not get fired in v2.0. It seems the error is not bubbling up to the Application_Error event in Global.asaxThe error does get logged on Event l...

ASP.NET VB.NET to VB.NET Executable
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post. I could not find a more suitable section. I have several ASP.NET (using VB.NET) web pages that I have to convert to VB.NET executables. Can someone recommend a roadmap? Is this a huge task? Is it more manageable with the .NET platform? Thanks. the roadmap is to move as much code as possible out of the GUI into codebehind, and get GUI code out of code-behind. then move as much as possible into library assemblies and/or Webservices. then use the Visual Studio editor to drag and drop your new winapp gui, and easily plug in the back end....

Migrating ASP.NET 2.0 web app to ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Enabled web app (Urgent)
Hello,  I have a question regarding the migration from ASP.Net 2.0 applicaiton to ASP.Net AJAX application. Development Environment:  Visual Studio.Net 2005 (Framework ver. 2.0) ASP.NET AJAX Extensions 1.0 (ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi installed) Windows XP Pro,  SQL Server 2000 Server:                              Windows 2003 Server IIS 6.0 Question:  Can I simply create a new ASP...

Creating ASP.NET app in VB.NET
I am trying to create an ASP.NET web app using VS.NET (VB.NET Standard 2003 edition).  However, whenever I try to do so, VS.NET hangs. What happens is that I select 'ASP.NET Web Application' and then fill in the app name in the 'Location' field on the dialogue box.  When I click OK, VS.NET just stops responding.  I believe that the problem is because I cannot connect to http://localhost.  I have tried everything I can think of/have read on the web to get my machine to connect to http://localhost, but to no avail. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling IIS, reinstallin...

port a vb.net app to asp.net / vb.net instatiation
Hi, this might sound a stupid question , but here it goes :  is it possible to port a vb.net application to asp.net ? (of course i dont mean rewriting the application and manually moving the vb.net code to the code behind of the aspx page). Another question is if i can instatiate a vb.control or form from within an aspx page. Thx in advance theodore Certain of the Winform controls can be hosted within an ASPX page provided Internet explorer is used, but that still would require a lot of rewriting.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.Thi...

Migrating an installed ASP.NET app from ASP.NET 2.0 to 3.5
I have 2 DNN installations each on a Win XP machine with IIS 5.1 configured to run on ASP.NET 2.0. I need to migrate one on the same machine (i.e. with IIS 5.1) to ASP.NET 3.5, so that I can take advantage of .NET Framework 3.5 features (WPF, Silverlight etc.). And I need to migrate the other to a Vista machine, with IIS 7. What exactly are the steps to be taken & are there any precautions I should observe??? Setting the Target Framework is done in Visual Studio. I have these installations of DNN already running on Systems, with considerbale data in the DBs...

Error when trying to create new ASP.NET Web Apps in Visual Studio.NET 2003
Hi everyone, my first post here. I'm familiar enough with VS.NET and VB. I'm not new to development in general, but am new to ASP.NET and IIS. Here's my problem: I'm having trouble creating a new ASP.NET project in Visual Studio.NET 2003. When I create a new ASP Web Application, say with this name as an example: http://localhost/WebApplication1 VS.NET starts to create the project, but then gives me this error: "Visual Studio.NET has detected that the specified web server is not running ASP.NET 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web Applications or services." I've...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

Vbc compilation error after migrating ASP.Net 1.1 Web Application to ASP.Net 2.0.
Hi, We migrated our ASP.Net 1.1 web application (it contains code from VB-Webclasses with dataenvironment and DAO) to ASP.Net 2.0. After migration when we are building the solution by clicking Build -> Build Solution from menu we are getting an error in the following way.  Error 1 vbc : Command line (0): error BC2001: file '=' could not be found  Error 2 file '=' could not be found vbc : Command line   Error 3 file 'True' could not be found vbc : Command line  When we tried to browse an ASPX page from our project it is giving following error: Compilation Er...

Syntax error in Stored Proc in ASP.NET Forums 2.0?
After many problems and a lot of pulling out my own hair, I got the newly released ASP.NET Forums 2.0 installed and configured. I get a really odd error though. When I'm logged in as the administrator account that you can create during setup, I get a syntax error from a SqlDataCommand.Execute that called stored procedure forums_Threads_GetThreadSet whenever I click on a forum to view the threads in it. Strangely, however, when I'm not logged in at all, everything works fine. When running the sproc from VS with dummy values, I get the following error: "Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '...

MS Visual Studio.net ASP.NET VB.NET-App. charset problem
Hi, this is my problem. I write the code for my asp.net web form in HTML view in Cyrillic charset, but in the Internet Explorer I get strange letters. Is there anything that I suppose to do to get my Cyrillic character texts? Help me,please Fore, thank you very much Vuchko...

Web resources about - error executing stored proc in migrated .net app. - sybase.powerbuilder.net

Self-executing rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The self-executing rule , also known as " deem and pass ", is procedural measure used by the U.S. House of Representatives to approve legislation. ...

Saudi Arabia condemned for executing prominent Shiite cleric on terrorism charges
Saudi Arabia executes a prominent Shiite Muslim cleric alongside dozens of al-Qaeda members, stirring a rise in sectarian tensions across the ...

Islamic State video purports to show boy executing two Russian 'spies'
Executions of captives by the Sunni Muslim militants of the Islamic State have become grimly commonplace, but a newly surfaced video featured ...

Parramatta shooting: police leave empty-handed after executing search warrant at mosque
Police executed a search warrant at a Parramatta mosque overnight as part of their investigations into the fatal shooting on Friday of a civilian ...

US states having trouble executing their citizens
Despite a Supreme Court ruling allowing a controversial drug to be used for lethal injections in Oklahoma, death-penalty states are finding it ...

Islamic State video purports to show boy executing 'Russian spies'
Islamic State releases video that purports to show a young boy executing two men accused of working for Russian intelligence.

Boko Haram executing elderly in northeast Nigeria
Islamic extremists in northeast Nigeria are turning their guns on elderly people, killing more than 50 this week in a new tactic that has instilled ...

New iOS security exploit lets apps read users’ information by executing unsigned code
Security expert Charlie Miller has found a flaw in code signing on iOS devices (via Forbes) that allows developers to sneak malware apps onto ...

Law Journal Apologizes For Article About Executing Law Professors, Professor Resigns
Insane law review article prompts professor's resignation... but how did he get hired in the first place?