Edit.AutoHScroll in PB 12.1 .NET Datawindow missing?

I was finally doing some poking around in PB 12.1 .NET Build
6639 this week.  We are using 11.5 as our production
environment.  I wanted to re-create a simple application of
ours using WPF as a learning experience.  I created a
datawindow and two of the columns were not displaying
correctly.  They are both defined in DB2 as Long Varchar.
The problem was they would not wrap the text when the length
of the data exceeded the width of the column object.  I did
an import of my previous 11.5 datawindow and it worked fine
in 12.1 - the text wrapped as expected.  I scoured the
properties looking for differences between my newly created
datawindow and the imported version but could not find what
was wrong.  I eventually turned to the source code of the
datawindow and found that it was the Edit.autohscroll
property in my 12.1 created datawindow was set to yes.
Editing the source code and makingit no finally got my text
to wrap properly.  I am still at a loss to find this
property setting in the datawindow painter though.  Is it
not yet implemented?
0
Will
1/12/2011 8:44:42 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I don't see it either.
I'll submit a case.

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Will Belknap" wrote in message news:4d2e12b9.6232.1681692777@sybase.com...

[...]

Terry
1/12/2011 11:43:46 PM
Thanks.  While you are at it, the autovscroll is also
missing.

I also noticed with the 12.1 WPF datawindow that in the
Rows->Update Properties->Table to Update that the value is
restricted to only those in the dropdown.  Our DB2 database
tables are named with different schemas - for example
BT.BUGS.  The dropdown only contains BUGS which does not
work at runtime because the connection assumes the schema is
the userid I am logged into the database with.  In prior
versions, and in PB 12.1 Classic, it correctly includes the
full BT.BUGS as a choice.  There were also occasions where
the query was built using aliases and I needed to override
all of the values in the dropdown so will need to be able to
enter our own custom table names too.

> I don't see it either.
> I'll submit a case.
>
> -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Will Belknap" wrote in message
>
> I was finally doing some poking around in PB 12.1 .NET
> Build 6639 this week.  We are using 11.5 as our production
> environment.  I wanted to re-create a simple application
> of ours using WPF as a learning experience.  I created a
> datawindow and two of the columns were not displaying
> correctly.  They are both defined in DB2 as Long Varchar.
> The problem was they would not wrap the text when the
> length of the data exceeded the width of the column
> object.  I did an import of my previous 11.5 datawindow
> and it worked fine in 12.1 - the text wrapped as expected.
>  I scoured the properties looking for differences between
> my newly created datawindow and the imported version but
> could not find what was wrong.  I eventually turned to the
> source code of the datawindow and found that it was the
> Edit.autohscroll property in my 12.1 created datawindow
> was set to yes. Editing the source code and makingit no
> finally got my text to wrap properly.  I am still at a
> loss to find this property setting in the datawindow
> painter though.  Is it not yet implemented?

0
Will
1/13/2011 12:14:56 AM
Hi Terry;

  Looks like "Auto Vertical Scroll" is also missing!  :-(

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]"  wrote in message

[...]

Chris
1/13/2011 2:08:23 AM
Not what you want to see, but:

According to the 12.0 PowerBuilder .NET Features Guide, in the section
DataWindow Differences Between PowerBuilder Classic and PowerBuilder .NET,
the unsupported properties for a datawindow column are:

AccessibleDescription, AccessibleRole, CheckBox.3D, CheckBox.Scale, Compute,
dddw.AutoHScroll, dddw.HSplitScroll, dddw.ShowList, dddw.UseAsBorder,
ddlb.AutoHScroll, ddlb.ShowList, ddlb.UseAsBorder, ddlb.VScrollBar,
Edit.AutoHScroll, Edit.AutoVScroll, Font.CharSet, Font.Escapement,
Font.Family, Font.Pitch, Font.Width, HTML.property, Ink.AntiAliased,
InkEdit.UseMouseForInput, LineRemove, MultiLine, RadioButtons.3D,
RadioButtons.Scale, UseInternalLeading, Width.AutoSize

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

[...]

1/13/2011 8:39:15 PM
Ah, I see that now in my docs.  Unsupported, but PB is
putting it in behind-the-scenes with a default of yes and it
is preventing text wrapping so there is definitely a fix
required.  PB is also still importing it from legacy
datawindows.  Either add it to the interface or get rid of
it entirely and get the equivalent functionality in a new
way.  As it is, I don't see any way to have a datawindow
column that wraps short of editing the source code which
isn't going to be practical.  I hope you guys do put a case
in if it isn't already on the list of items for the next
release.

> Not what you want to see, but:
>
> According to the 12.0 PowerBuilder .NET Features Guide, in
> the section  DataWindow Differences Between PowerBuilder
> Classic and PowerBuilder .NET,  the unsupported properties
> for a datawindow column are:
>
> AccessibleDescription, AccessibleRole, CheckBox.3D,
> CheckBox.Scale, Compute,  dddw.AutoHScroll,
> dddw.HSplitScroll, dddw.ShowList, dddw.UseAsBorder,
> ddlb.AutoHScroll, ddlb.ShowList, ddlb.UseAsBorder,
> ddlb.VScrollBar,  Edit.AutoHScroll, Edit.AutoVScroll,
> Font.CharSet, Font.Escapement,  Font.Family, Font.Pitch,
> Font.Width, HTML.property, Ink.AntiAliased,
> InkEdit.UseMouseForInput, LineRemove, MultiLine,
> RadioButtons.3D,  RadioButtons.Scale, UseInternalLeading,
> Width.AutoSize
>
> -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>

> "Chris Pollach"  wrote in message
>
> Hi Terry;
>
>   Looks like "Auto Vertical Scroll" is also missing!  :-(
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]"  wrote in message
>
> I don't see it either.
> I'll submit a case.
>
> -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Will Belknap" wrote in message
>
> I was finally doing some poking around in PB 12.1 .NET
> Build 6639 this week.  We are using 11.5 as our production
> environment.  I wanted to re-create a simple application
> of ours using WPF as a learning experience.  I created a
> datawindow and two of the columns were not displaying
> correctly.  They are both defined in DB2 as Long Varchar.
> The problem was they would not wrap the text when the
> length of the data exceeded the width of the column
> object.  I did an import of my previous 11.5 datawindow
> and it worked fine in 12.1 - the text wrapped as expected.
>  I scoured the properties looking for differences between
> my newly created datawindow and the imported version but
> could not find what was wrong.  I eventually turned to the
> source code of the datawindow and found that it was the
> Edit.autohscroll property in my 12.1 created datawindow
> was set to yes. Editing the source code and makingit no
> finally got my text to wrap properly.  I am still at a
> loss to find this property setting in the datawindow
> painter though.  Is it not yet implemented?

0
Will
1/13/2011 9:03:24 PM
I reported something similar to this on December 5th

<pbwpf:DataWindow Name="dw_1" BorderStyle="stylelowered"
ControlMenu="true" LiveScroll="true" MaxBox="true" MinBox="true"
PBHScrollBar="true" PBHeight="1270" PBVScrollBar="true" PBWidth="1649"
Resizable="true" TabOrder="10" Title="My Contacts" TitleBar="true">

Title and TitleBar properties for DWO are migrated but are no longer
supported

They are no longer accessible on the property sheet and if referenced in
code give a warning message

Also the title and titlebar properties are listed in intellisense in the
XAML painter

--
Yakov [TeamSybase]
eLearnIT LLC

On 1/13/2011 4:03 PM, Will Belknap wrote:
> [...]
>> datawindow and two of the columns were not displaying
>> correctly.  They are both defined in DB2 as Long Varchar.
>> The problem was they would not wrap the text when the
>> length of the data exceeded the width of the column
>> object.  I did an import of my previous 11.5 datawindow
>> and it worked fine in 12.1 - the text wrapped as expected.
>>   I scoured the properties looking for differences between
>> my newly created datawindow and the imported version but
>> could not find what was wrong.  I eventually turned to the
>> source code of the datawindow and found that it was the
>> Edit.autohscroll property in my 12.1 created datawindow
>> was set to yes. Editing the source code and makingit no
>> finally got my text to wrap properly.  I am still at a
>> loss to find this property setting in the datawindow
>> painter though.  Is it not yet implemented?

Yakov
1/13/2011 9:29:26 PM
I have opened a case and the technician has passed it on to Product
Management to find out if it will be supported in the future.

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Will Belknap" wrote in message news:4d2f689c.6675.1681692777@sybase.com...

> [...]

> datawindow and two of the columns were not displaying
> correctly.  They are both defined in DB2 as Long Varchar.
> The problem was they would not wrap the text when the
> length of the data exceeded the width of the column
> object.  I did an import of my previous 11.5 datawindow
> and it worked fine in 12.1 - the text wrapped as expected.
>  I scoured the properties looking for differences between
> my newly created datawindow and the imported version but
> could not find what was wrong.  I eventually turned to the
> source code of the datawindow and found that it was the
> Edit.autohscroll property in my 12.1 created datawindow
> was set to yes. Editing the source code and makingit no
> finally got my text to wrap properly.  I am still at a
> loss to find this property setting in the datawindow
> painter though.  Is it not yet implemented?

Datawindow .NET / VS 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1
Good day. I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS .NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. Thanks. AFAIK, only the DW.Net 1.x version supported VS2003 / .Net 1.x. I don't believe that version is available anymore. On 21 Feb 2007 01:47:13 -0800, Angelo wrote: >Good day. > >I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize >Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS >NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. >Thanks. Thanks a lot for ...

.NET Framework 1.1 and ASP.NET 1.1
I have .NET Framework 1.0 I don't know what verion ASP.NET I have I need to upgrade to .NET Framework 1.1 and ASP.NET 1.1 Help please. Thank you, Mike ASP.NET is part of the .NET Framework, so they have the some version.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thank you. I tried looking on the Microsoft website but got confused as to which .NET Framework download to install. Mike You may check here.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thank you Jimmy. Mike :-)...

ASP.NET under .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 combined
Main web site is running under .NET 1.1.  New added page is created using VS2005 and .NET 2.0.  Don't work, can't see the new page and I can't migrate the web site to .NET 2.0.  Can I deploy ASP.NET web page on VS2005 for .NET 1.1 application?  If so, of course, how we do that.  Thanks   It looks like you may have 2 problems: Nested, possibly conflicing web.config files -- see the following KB Article. Different versions of ASP.NET running in the same application pool. In IIS, make sure the .NET 2.0 application is assigned to a different application pool ...

Visual C# .NET Standard Edition 2002 and ASP.NET 1.1
I'am right about this: I can't use my Visual C# .NET Standard Edition 2002 together with ASP.NET 1.1 ? I need to by: Visual C# .NET Standard Edition 2003 in order to use ASP.NET 1.1, and there is no upgrade offer? Cheers, Jesper Go to Amazon.com and buy the Academic Edition of VS.NET. You can get it for around $200.00. It's the same as the Professional Edition of VS.NET, with lots of (useful?) tools for students and teachers. The Standard Edition compiliers are worthless....

Running an application (developed in .NET 1.1) with ASP.NET 1.1 or ASP.NET 2.0 by changing IIS settings.
inetmgr > Application properties > ASP.NET Tab. Please let me know / point me to some documentation to know what is the difference between running an application (developed in .NET 1.1) with ASP.NET 1.1 or ASP.NET 2.0 by changing above IIS settings. Hello, If your app is developed in .NET 1.1 you should choose ASP.NET 1.1 in IIS ASP.NET tab. The new features in ASP.NET 2.0 are: New data controls (GridView, FormView, DetailsView) New technique for declarative data access (SqlDataSource, ObjectDataSource, XmlDataSource controls) Navigation controls Master pages Log...

What is the difference between ASP.NET 1.1 and .NET Framework 1.1?
What is the difference between ASP.NET 1.1 and .NET Framework 1.1? Is ASP.NET 1.1 enough for web development or do we need both? Thanks ASP.NET is built on the Framework, so ASP.NET 1.1 is built on the .NET Framework 1.1 JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets...

.NET 1.1 Framework versus ASP .NET 1.1
Hi there, I am trying to install Scorecard Manager 2005 and the setup finds that I do not have installed ASP .NET 1.1, but .NET Framework 1.1 passes the test. How can that be? I can see that I have installed only .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0, but when I try to install .NET Framework 1.1, the setup finds that I already have this installed. I am a little confused. Can anyone help me make sense of the 1.1 Framework versus ASP .NET?  I am running Windows Server 2003 SP1 and all other apps, SharePoint and such, on the same machine for demos. Thank you much. hi i donno bout scoreca...

PB 12 .Net .Net Assembly NVO
I am trying to run a .Net Assembly NVO that I created in PB 12 .Net and get the following error: "Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided". What file and where is it located? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks John Most likely the message is referring the Application entry field located on the Run tab of the assembly project object. You would typically enter in the Test Harness GUI EXE that exercises the assembly -- Yakov eLearnIT LLC Twitter: http://twitter.com/eLearnPB Blog: http://yakovwerde.sys-con.com Web Site: http://www.eLearnITOnli...

ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0 with VS.NET 2003
Hello All, Currently I am using VS.NET 2003 with Framework version 1.1. Now I want to install Framework 2.0 on it. I have downloaded the redistributable package for .NET 2.0. but my existing application is on ASP.NET version 1.1. What am I supposed to do now as I HAVE to install ASP.NET 2.0 in order to complete my task by using new classes in 2.0? What changes will occur in my existing application. Do I need to install VS.NET 2005(with built in 2.0) from CD or the framework 2.0 setup will be enough with VS.NET 2003? Kindly help me in this regard, Thanks ...

Asp.net 1.1 problem in viewstate after updating with Net 1.1 service pack 1
Hi all,  Please Help us Soon  We have project in 1.1 framework and server Window server 2003 service pack 2. After updating Framework 1.1 with Service pack 1 we have trouble of viewstate . So site is giving Crash  Following is Error Details  System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Invalid_Viewstate Client IP: 24.254.0.88 Port: 2389 User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ViewState: dDwxNDk0MjYyMTkwO3Q8O2w8aTww...

Web resources about - Edit.AutoHScroll in PB 12.1 .NET Datawindow missing? - sybase.powerbuilder.net