Debug Mode Not Working in PB.NET Webform

Ever since I mode the project to a Win2k3 server, debug mode
stop working. The program still run, but it just don't stop
at the breakpoints.

Debug mode was working just fine back then when the project
was running at my local XP PC, anyone know what's wrong with
the server settings?

Thanks in Advance,
SAM
0
SAM
9/1/2010 4:57:22 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.net 284 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you mean you are trying to debug the application from your
workstation? I don't believe remote debugging is supported.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

PowerBuilder Blog:
http://blogs.sybase.com/powerbuilder/

On 31 Aug 2010 21:57:22 -0700, SAM wrote:

>Ever since I mode the project to a Win2k3 server, debug mode
>stop working. The program still run, but it just don't stop
>at the breakpoints.
>
>Debug mode was working just fine back then when the project
>was running at my local XP PC, anyone know what's wrong with
>the server settings?
>

>Thanks in Advance,
>SAM
0
Dave
9/1/2010 9:04:47 AM
PB.Net doesn't have the ability to generate a Webform app. If you are using
PB12, you must be using the Classic IDE if you are generating a Webform app.

Please be more specific with the version of PB you are using.

<SAM> wrote in message news:4c7ddd32.a72.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Ever since I mode the project to a Win2k3 server, debug mode
> stop working. The program still run, but it just don't stop
> at the breakpoints.
>
> Debug mode was working just fine back then when the project
> was running at my local XP PC, anyone know what's wrong with
> the server settings?
>

> Thanks in Advance,
> SAM

0
Roland
9/1/2010 12:03:10 PM
I am using PB 11.5.1

Regards,
SAM

> PB.Net doesn't have the ability to generate a Webform app.
> If you are using  PB12, you must be using the Classic IDE
> if you are generating a Webform app.
>
> Please be more specific with the version of PB you are
> using.
>
> <SAM> wrote in message
> > news:4c7ddd32.a72.1681692777@sybase.com... Ever since I
> > mode the project to a Win2k3 server, debug mode stop
> > working. The program still run, but it just don't stop
> at the breakpoints. >
> > Debug mode was working just fine back then when the
> > project was running at my local XP PC, anyone know
> > what's wrong with the server settings?
> >

> > Thanks in Advance,
> > SAM

0
SAM

ASP.NET/VB.NET with login control, debug works, publish doesn't
I created a simple ASP.NET project, using VB.NET, with a Default.aspx and a login.aspx page. The Default.aspx page just has a simple text box. And the login.aspx page just has a login control. I used the visual studio "asp.net configuration" tool to set up a user and a password. I can run my web page just fine in "debug" mode - the login.aspx page opens fine and after I enter my user name and password, I get directed to my default.aspx page correctly. When I publish my web-site, first of all I have to close visual studio and re-open it, or it says that anothe...

is .net 2005 is supported in Windows Vista? i had seen that asp.net applications are not running in debug mode.
Hi All is .net 2005 is supported  in Windows Vista? i had seen that asp.net applications are not running in debug mode. i had develeoped asp.net applications in .net 2005, and hosted and running successfully. now i want to edit those applications but my OS is upgraded to vista. is the applications created in .net 2008 will work in the environment where .net 2005 applications are working fine. (in the server where i prviously hosted my .net 2005 applications.)   any one aware of the answer to this? Thank You Regards Oersla Afroze Ahmed  Yes, it must work well, Did you...

Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0
Hi All   Pages that work well on  win xp, asp.net2.0, and  win 2000 asp.net 1.1  computers  fails when the wind 2000 asp.net 1,1  computer is upgraded to asp.net 2.0  Many controls such as textboxs , buttons give this error >>>>Error Rendering Control - B1 An unhandled exception has occurred.RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();   <<<<<< Is windows 2000 incompatible with asp.2.0 ? Is the website using the correct version of the framework? (This can be checked from the ASP.NET tab of ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Vb.net code in asp.net 2.0: works on hosts win 2003asp.net 2.0 server, crashes on xp asp.net offline workstation
Hi All  Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this code ?  Dim WeeklyRentalMinT as double = txtminrent.text  I 've been using code similar or identical to that since I started experimenting with ASP 3.0 in 2004 its worked every time, yet I now wonder if it contributed to slowing down my apps, we'll the code works on my host server, it worked on my pc when it was running asp.net 1.1, but now that i've upgraaded to asp.net 2.0, i get an error "[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]"  How would you read input from a form tex...

AJAX Extension in asp.net 2.0 when i choose asp.net web site and run ajax control it will not work but if i choose asp.net ajax enabled web site ajax extensions are working file
 AJAX Extension in asp.net 2.0 when i choose new  asp.net web site and run ajax control it will not work but if i choose asp.net ajax enabled web site ajax extensions are working file.Because of this i will not able to use ajax extension in my previous website which are created in asp.net 2.0. Please help me how i will do it ..or i will convert all previous code in to ajax enabled web site but it is time consuming i think .. please give me proper solution i am new in asp.net development Sandeep, Nothing can help u better than this video RegardsKINJAL"Mark the post as an...

Can I debug a v1.0 .net framework asp.net application by vs.net 2003?
Can I debug a v1.0 .net framework asp.net application by vs.net 2003? I tried that, but vs.net 2003 returned an error message: "debugger is not properly installed"...

Microsoft .NET not working with ASP.NET
Hi, I'm trying to open an ASP.NET Web Application Visual Basic project in Microsoft.NET 2003. When I try to do so, I get the error message:"Visual Studio.NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services."I saw on another post that someone else had a similar problem, and he was able to run the aspnet_regiis.exe file to fix his problem. However, I tried it myself, and still no luck. I'm not sure the executable is even running completely, as the terminal pops up then disappears in a fraction of a se...

Install of DNN Starter Kit on .Net framework 2.0 only works when it's in debug mode
I just installed dnn on my local machine, using the starter kit option. When I run (in debug mode) the project, Asp.net 2.0 creates a temporary port to localhost and the application runs as expected. I deployed the site to a folder in my inetpub/wwwroot directory and created a virtual directory looking at this folder. When I browse to the default page, I get a page cannot be found error, UNLESS the little temporary port (which runs the application is debug mode is running). Any thoughts? Thanks,Jbilly When I deployed the starter kit, I had to do a re-build.........could be your proble...

In Proc fails with ASP.Net 2.0 + VB.Net ...works fine with C#.Net ( MS HELP ME)

Debugging ASP.NET app in VS 2008
I created a new Web Application using VS 2008.  Under Project Properties|Application, Target Frameworkis set to ".NET Framework 3.5".I added some toy code to _Default.Page_Load(),  set a breakpoint in there,  inspected the HttpRuntime objectand noticed it had the following attributes set :        AspInstallDirectory    "C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v2.0.50727\\"    string        ClrInstallDirectory    "C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework...

Type.GetType does not work in VB.NET but works in C#. VB.NET gurus Please help
Friends,   I am an experienced C# programmer who is working on a VB.NET project now. I am writing different methods covering the following functionalities 1) Take a datareader as input and return an arraylist of class object2) Take an xmlnode (received from a webservice) as input and return an arraylist of class object. The methods are generic methods which take datareader/xmlnode as first parameter and classname (string) as the second parameter. This way it will work trivially. The schema of class object matches with the input (datareader or xmlnode)In C# I used to do th...

Windows Principle security working in C#.NET Windows application, but not on ASP.NET Web Application with C#.NET as code behind
AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetPrincipalPolicy(PrincipalPolicy.WindowsPrincipal); WindowsPrincipal usrPrincipal = (WindowsPrincipal)Thread.CurrentPrincipal; WindowsIdentity usrIdentity = (WindowsIdentity)usrPrincipal.Identity; String usrPrincipalName = usrPrincipal.Identity.Name; String usrPrincipalType = usrPrincipal.Identity.AuthenticationType; String usrPrincipalAuth = usrPrincipal.Identity.IsAuthenticated.ToString()   Can you check why this code is not working in Web application, however it is working in Windows application  Is it crashing at runtime? Not compiling? What...

Can't debug, what account or identity does VS.Net use to debug ASP.Net apps?
I have just reimaged my machine and regardless of what I do I cannot get VS.Net to debug a ASP.Net app. The error message states that the account VS.Net is using does not have debug permissions, what account or identity does it use? I have never had this problem before, so I am completely lost! Thanks for the help ahed of time.Thanks,B Check out this white paper that goes over everything you need to check: http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.docDarrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! ...

Web resources about - Debug Mode Not Working in PB.NET Webform - sybase.powerbuilder.net

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The working class (also lower class , labouring class , proletariat , or laboring class ) are those employed in lower tier, subordinate jobs. ...

This fitness apparel will tell you how hard your muscles are working
VIDEO: This fitness tracking gear will show you exactly how hard your muscles are working.

Last working coal mine on Vancouver Island shuts down, marking end of era
... responsible for founding Nanaimo, a railway, and major architectural structures such as Craigdarroch Castle and Hatley Castle. The last working ...

Ex-Jailbreakers now working to secure iOS for consumers and enterprises with comprehensive platform
... a team led by noted former jailbreak developers Will Strafach , otherwise known as “Chronic”, and Joshua Hill , known as P0sixninja, is working ...

Women Loved Working at Playboy
... , former editor: Whatever hostility was directed at Hefner, bunny ears and tails and all of that stuff, had absolutely zero impact on working ...

2016 Google Tracker: Everything Google is working on for the new year
Android N, a big VR program, Google Glass, and lots more are in store for Alphabet.

This fitness apparel will tell you how hard your muscles are working
People are obsessed with measuring their daily health and fitness, and new technologies are constantly created to make it easier to track. Wearing ...

WestRock and T+ink Introduce Internet of Things Inventory Optimization Display Solution Working with ...
WestRock and T+ink today launched the first-ever merchandising display solution to incorporate printed electronic sensors in smart shelves and ...

Heather McDonald: ‘I lived in fear, 100% lived in fear’ working with Chelsea Handler
... too. During Chelsea Lately , comedian Heather McDonald was a frequent guest/contributor to the show, and Heather recently spoke about how working ...