Winsock TCP Connections..

Thanks in Advance..

I don't have any experience in tcp conectivity but I need to make a small
aplication that can be listening to a IP and Port

The requerement's are  that this aplication can be in a server receiving
information from over 700 concurrent connections
all using the same port,  so I need to open a Socket for each conection that
is coming,  receive then data and wait for more data,  after 1 hour of no
activity or data comming,  I need to close the connection and release the
socket for furder incomming connections.

I already downloaded a  n_winsock  sample but seems to work only with one
concurrent connection.

Any Idea or Sample code...

Thanks Again...

LMCM

0
Lmcm
8/31/2008 2:31:17 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 10 followers. Follow

On Aug 31, 11:31=A0am, "Lmcm" <lcava...@cercadonet.com.mx> wrote:
> Thanks in Advance..
>
> I don't have any experience in tcp conectivity but I need to make a small
> aplication that can be listening to a IP and Port
>
> The requerement's are =A0that this aplication can be in a server receivin=
> information from over 700 concurrent connections
> all using the same port, =A0so I need to open a Socket for each conection=
 that
> is coming, =A0receive then data and wait for more data, =A0after 1 hour o=
f no
> activity or data comming, =A0I need to close the connection and release t=
he
> socket for furder incomming connections.
>
> I already downloaded a =A0n_winsock =A0sample but seems to work only with=
 one
> concurrent connection.
>
> Any Idea or Sample code...
>
> Thanks Again...
>
> LMCM

While this probably can be done in PowerBuilder, I wouldn't really
recommend it.

That said, I have done something similar myself with the following
win32 API calls;
CreateEvent
WSAEventSelect
MsgWaitForMultipleObjects
WSAEnumNetworkEvents
0
Jeremy
9/1/2008 12:14:03 AM
Did you take a look at
http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_winsock.html ?

"Lmcm" <lcavazos@cercadonet.com.mx> wrote in message
> Thanks in Advance..
>
> I don't have any experience in tcp conectivity but I need to make a small
> aplication that can be listening to a IP and Port
>
> The requerement's are  that this aplication can be in a server receiving
> information from over 700 concurrent connections
> all using the same port,  so I need to open a Socket for each conection
> that is coming,  receive then data and wait for more data,  after 1 hour
> of no activity or data comming,  I need to close the connection and
> release the socket for furder incomming connections.
>
> I already downloaded a  n_winsock  sample but seems to work only with one
> concurrent connection.
>
> Any Idea or Sample code...
>
> Thanks Again...
>
> LMCM

0
Jerry

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Can you connect to an arbitrary TCP/IP port from powerbuilder
Hi, I'm new to Powerbuilder. I need to write a Powerbuilder script that allows a client appliation to send data to a server app written in C++. The server listens on a port so the client needs to be able to specify a port in its connection request. Could someone give me the details of how this might be done using Powerbuilder. Thanks, Dave. -- W. Dave Rathnow Interprovincial Satellite Services Ltd. Calgary, AB http://www.intersatcorp.com mailto:Dave.Rathnow@intersatcorp.com use a socket Mike Dave Rathnow <daver@intersatcorp.com> wrote in message ...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Access a TCP connection from an HTTP server connection?
I have two Component::Server::TCP servers running (A and B). Server B needs to write to a connection on server A. A's connections have a unique md5 id assigned to their heap. B should located a connection on A based on it's unique id, then write some data to it. I'm able to locate the server as follows: $server = $poe_kernel->alias_resolve('tcp_server'); I'd then planned to do something equivalent to the following: foreach my $conn ($server->getConnections()) { if ($conn->{heap}->{'uniqueID'} eq $requestedID) { $c...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

TCP.NLM TCP General Memory growing 1MB/hour
After upgrade from BM 3.7 to 3.8, we have problems with droping NATed and Proxied connections, today I realized that "TCP General Memory" resoursces are growing constantly with about 1MB per hour till server is in low memory. I tried to upgrade to BM3.8 SP1 (Beta) without help (only problem with NAT was corrected) I'm using TCP.NLM 6.18.17 (domestic) on NW 6 SP4, server is working as VPN Master (S2S&C2S) and PROXY cache server, reverse proxy. Can somebody point me what I shoul check or analyze to get it stop growing. Thanks Ales Why don't you try t...

Powerbuilder connection
Guys need some help with this. We have a powerbuilder app which runs against 8.1.7 database on win. nt 4.0. Power builder is 7.0.3 version. Every other day I see either hungup apllication or ora-03113 end of file on communication channel oracle message. Any help from any body. There are lots of things that can cause ORA-03113 errors, many not having to do with PB at all. It's difficult to tell what the problem might be without more information though. For example, Oracle technote 1003596.6 indicates that: What does ORA-03113 "end-of-file on communication channel&quo...

winsock connection
Is there a way to open a Winsock connection in PB5? If so can you direct me to some examples of code that does this? If this cannot be done is there a way to have PB5 read and write E-Mail messages and to have a triggered event occur when a specific E-Mail message is encountered? Thanks in advance, Patrick In article <ROoV4ydK#GA.81@forums.powersoft.com>, pburcky@compuserve.com says... > Is there a way to open a Winsock connection in PB5? If so can you direct me > to some examples of code that does this? If this cannot be done is there a > way to have PB5 read...

TCP Connection
"Hello world",i'm a visual c# developer but i'm new to ASP.NET.My question is this one:it is possibile to make a TCP connection (opening socket e.g.) from my client application to a my web application asp.net? If so, could you suggest how i can start?Thank you for any suggestion.Regards,Lewix  Yes, you could. You can use the System.Net.Sockets namespace. This contains that TcpClient object and the TcpListener class. Your Web Application will be the listener in this case, and your client will connect to it using the TcpClient class. However, a much more common means o...

tcp connecting
I have encountered this problem again!!!! Can not connect over WAN. I have opened the port 2638 on my router and the router address is the the one listed as the host. In my port rule I opened the port 2638 to the db server at 192.168.100.4. Any ideas?? Have tried using dobroadcast=none but to no effect, before I could connect no problems with the below details. Thanks Tue Aug 05 2003 16:12:46 16:12:46 Application information: 16:12:46 "HOST=JR4;OS=Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 1;PID=0x7ac;THREAD=0x500;EXE=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ODBCAD32.EXE;VERSION=8.0.2.4285 ;API=ODBC;T...

Connection from PowerBuilder
I tried a connection to a server NT with ASA 6.0 from a client with PowerBuilder 5.003 or 6.5 via ODBC drivers and I have this message error : sqlstate=S0801 [SYBASE] ODBC Driver [Adaptative Server Anywhere] communication link failure : communication error. Any suggestions ? Gilles ARNAL. ...

connect by powerbuilder
I download a ASE12.5 and install it on my machine , but when I connect it by pb6.5 , it tell me "dbms syc sybase system 10/11 is not support in your current installation " how I do to solve it ? I work in ASE12.5 and nt4.0+sp6.0 and pb6.51 . thank you! devid wrote... > I download a ASE12.5 and install it on my machine , but when I connect it > by pb6.5 , it tell me "dbms syc sybase system 10/11 is not support in your > current installation " > > how I do to solve it ? > > I work in ASE12.5 and nt4.0+sp6.0 and pb6.51 . This mea...

not connected when I am connected

Web resources about - Winsock TCP Connections.. - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire
CNN Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire CNN (CNN) A California man was arrested Saturday in connection with a fire at a ...

"News Feed" For Slower Connections: Facebook's Strategy To Build A Stronger User Base
The changes in News Feed will more efficiently show relevant stories in a slow connection and let users compose comments when they are offline. ...