winsock connection

Is there a way to open a Winsock connection in PB5?  If so can you direct me
to some examples of code that does this?  If this cannot be done is there a
way to have PB5 read and write E-Mail messages and to have a triggered event
occur when a specific E-Mail message is encountered?
Thanks in advance, Patrick

0
Patrick
12/17/1998 4:51:37 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

In article <ROoV4ydK#GA.81@forums.powersoft.com>, pburcky@compuserve.com
says...
> Is there a way to open a Winsock connection in PB5?  If so can you direct me
> to some examples of code that does this?  If this cannot be done is there a
> way to have PB5 read and write E-Mail messages and to have a triggered event
> occur when a specific E-Mail message is encountered?
> Thanks in advance, Patrick

I seem to recall that there was a good ftp example that included winsock
calls in the PB5 Enterprise application gallery.
--
John Strano
[TeamPS]

Have a heart,
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/JCredit/eds_stry.htm
0
nichtspam_jstrano
12/17/1998 5:52:00 PM
Check out this website:
http://computers.science.org/powerbuilder/

Good luck,
Dionn

Patrick wrote:

> Is there a way to open a Winsock connection in PB5?  If so can you direct me
> to some examples of code that does this?  If this cannot be done is there a
> way to have PB5 read and write E-Mail messages and to have a triggered event
> occur when a specific E-Mail message is encountered?
> Thanks in advance, Patrick

Dionn M. Schaffner				Phone: 	(612) 551-8992
Director of Operations				Fax:	(612) 551-9192
			dionns@comlinkusa.com
Dionn

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

connect by powerbuilder
I download a ASE12.5 and install it on my machine , but when I connect it by pb6.5 , it tell me "dbms syc sybase system 10/11 is not support in your current installation " how I do to solve it ? I work in ASE12.5 and nt4.0+sp6.0 and pb6.51 . thank you! devid wrote... > I download a ASE12.5 and install it on my machine , but when I connect it > by pb6.5 , it tell me "dbms syc sybase system 10/11 is not support in your > current installation " > > how I do to solve it ? > > I work in ASE12.5 and nt4.0+sp6.0 and pb6.51 . This mea...

not connected when I am connected

What generals generally do

Connections in powerbuilder
Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or more) connections? regards Kjell Brandes It depends on the database. Some (e.g., Oracle) don't have a problem with that. Others (e.g., SQL Server) don't allow a select on a connection that already has a result set pending. In the latter case, you have to create a second connection for the second cursor. On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:52:32 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Kjell Brandes <kjell.brandes...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Connection from PowerBuilder
I tried a connection to a server NT with ASA 6.0 from a client with PowerBuilder 5.003 or 6.5 via ODBC drivers and I have this message error : sqlstate=S0801 [SYBASE] ODBC Driver [Adaptative Server Anywhere] communication link failure : communication error. Any suggestions ? Gilles ARNAL. ...

Powerbuilder connection
Guys need some help with this. We have a powerbuilder app which runs against 8.1.7 database on win. nt 4.0. Power builder is 7.0.3 version. Every other day I see either hungup apllication or ora-03113 end of file on communication channel oracle message. Any help from any body. There are lots of things that can cause ORA-03113 errors, many not having to do with PB at all. It's difficult to tell what the problem might be without more information though. For example, Oracle technote 1003596.6 indicates that: What does ORA-03113 "end-of-file on communication channel&quo...

Connections in PowerBuilder
Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or more) connections? regards Kjell Brandes I answered this in another section. Please don't cross-post. On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:51:47 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Kjell Brandes <kjell.brandes@sem@con.se> wrote: >Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time >against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or >more) connections? >...

Powerbuilder components use only one connection of 50 conn connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Web resources about - winsock connection - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

Internet connections at UK universities have been knocked out by a 'persistent' cyber attack
... internet following a targeted cyber attack on a nationwide education network. The University of Manchester said on Tuesday its internet connection ...