Winsock and SSL

Hi,
I am using the winsock.pbl in order to use them in my
aplication.
I want to use it as a POP3 client with SSL, but I am not finding for SSL.
How can I connect to a POP3 server with SSL?

Thanks
S. Convalle

0
Saul
8/31/2007 10:11:19 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 10 followers. Follow

What are you trying to do?  I had to do a lot of work with the windows api
calls and winsock.pbl a while back at a client.  I assume it's the same
thing you're talking about.  Was this a shareware pbd built back in 95-96
timeframe?  What I discovered is that doing socket communications is MUCH
EASIER with Java and then using PBNI to go from PB-Java.

Just my .02 worth of course but I spent a lot of time on this.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Branick Consulting, Inc.

"Saul Convalle" <saul.convalle@cec.it> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am using the winsock.pbl in order to use them in my
> aplication.
> I want to use it as a POP3 client with SSL, but I am not finding for SSL.
> How can I connect to a POP3 server with SSL?
>
> Thanks
> S. Convalle

0
Larry
9/10/2007 12:59:23 AM
I need to download from a POP3 server that use SSL. (Certified E-mail)

Next I have to convert e-mail  to a MIME structure.

If not possibile from PB, I will create an unmanaged DLL with C#.

Have you some other idea?

Thanks
Saul.

"Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]" <LCermak@branick-inc.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:46e496eb$1@forums-1-dub...
> What are you trying to do?  I had to do a lot of work with the windows api
> calls and winsock.pbl a while back at a client.  I assume it's the same
> thing you're talking about.  Was this a shareware pbd built back in 95-96
> timeframe?  What I discovered is that doing socket communications is MUCH
> EASIER with Java and then using PBNI to go from PB-Java.
>
> Just my .02 worth of course but I spent a lot of time on this.
>
> --
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> Branick Consulting, Inc.
> www.branick-inc.com
> EAServer & PowerBuilder Consulting & Training
> EAServer and PowerBuilder Computer Based Training Courses
>

> "Saul Convalle" <saul.convalle@cec.it> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I am using the winsock.pbl in order to use them in my
>> aplication.
>> I want to use it as a POP3 client with SSL, but I am not finding for SSL.
>> How can I connect to a POP3 server with SSL?
>>
>> Thanks
>> S. Convalle

0
Saul

SSL in PowerBuilder
Hi, Is there any inbuilt utility in PowerBuilder (6/7) which is helpful in creating a SSL Application. can anyone give some suggestions for doing this? Thanks Suresh Jaguar has SSL built in and you can communicate from PB to Jaguar using iiops which is Secure Sockets and IIOP. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Team Sybase Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training http://www.dyn-data.com Suresh Chitra wrote in message <375EEE51.AD8045B@mcgraw-hill.com>... >Hi, >Is there ...

NO SSL to SSL
I have a system with webaccess. I have followed the following TID 10016636 but when I click on the .../servlet/webacc link, I get a bad gateway. When I comment out the solution from the TID and restart APACHE, I'm back up and running. What am I doing wrong? I am using APACHE for my webserver. Is there a step by step for setting up SSL for webaccess? I have tried and tried but cannot seem to get it working with SSL. I have also tried to enable it on the webaccess agent within ConsoleOne but that hasn't worked either. Other info: NW6.0sp3 GW6.5sp1 (web access is ...

SSL or Not SSL
Hi, I currenty am in the middle of developing a web application that is run under https. What I want to do is as follows: 1) Login page to run under HTTPS. 2) Once logged in redirect to main site running under HTTP. The problem I feel am going to encounter is that due to the fact Im using 2 sites is how to get the authentication details between the 2 sites Is there a recognised technique for doing this and if this is the case can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial to do this? Best wishes Stuart Unless you designate a site can't be accessed withou...

SSL to no SSL
Hi I have install GW6.0.4 webaccess with SSL and my question is. Can I turn off SSL and use port 80? /matts Matts Sehlberg wrote: > I have install GW6.0.4 webaccess with SSL and my question is. > Can I turn off SSL and use port 80? SSL or the lack thereof has nothing to do with webaccess itself, and everything to do with the web server you're running it on. You should just be able to point the browser at http://<server>/servlet/webacc instead of https://<server>/servlet/webacc -- Jim NSC SYsop Ok I try that on Friday /Matts "J...

What generals generally do

ssl and powerbuilder
is there a way (any way) to execute a post to a webpage and get the result (without using external components) over ssl (https)? posturl does not support https. alternatives? -- regards, Simon WinInet API calls can accomplish this. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) -- http://sdn.sybase.com "S2" <wmail@email.com> wrote in message news:3DD64120.808@email.com... > is there a way (any way) to execute a post to a webpage and get the > result (without using external components) over ssl (https)? > pos...

PowerBuilder and SSL to EAServer
Hi, Would like to use iiops for connecting to EAServer. I tried few options and none seems to be working. From the help file, I tried the following : SSLServiceProvider sp GetContextService( "SSLServiceProvider", sp ) int rc string ls_values[] rc = sp.GetGlobalProperty("availableQop", ls_values) IF rc <> 0 THEN MessageBox("Get Qop Failed", "rc = " + string(rc)) RETURN END IF And I am getting -10 as the return value (-10 => An EAServer or SSL failure has occurred ) Can anybody help me to find whats missing here...

using winsock in powerbuilder
Dear sir I'm a PowerBuilder programmer. I found a error when doing an application now. I use PowerBuilder 6.5 under Sybase Enterprise Server System 11. I want to make comminucation from one station to another station by dial line. I use Winsocket on windowsNT & windows95/98. I use PowerBuilder to do the Winsocket Server program. If I connect to the Winsocket Server only one client, all is right. But if I connect to this server more than 2 links, some time later, only one connection is active, other links is disactive because the Winsoc...

WinSock Programming in Powerbuilder
Hi, I have a application server developed in PowerBuilder 5.0 on Windows NT, we have around 400 clients. Clients sends/recieve message to server using Mailslot (UDP) protcol for further processing to other system. It is a two way message communication between client and server. Since message through mail slot communication layer is not supported in higher version (windows 2000). We want to change communication layer to winsock - TCP. We are trying to do this, using third party OCX control using OLE. Can any one help to find reliable third party tool which can be impemented in PB 5....

PowerBuilder Client/SSL
hello all, Does anyone know of a document or something that explains what is needed on the client machine for a PB executable to communicate using SSL with EAServer. Is there an installation guide for the EAServer client? Thanks I don't know where you can find the document . but you need to do is : - install EAS client runtime (make sure SSL runtime is selected) - make sure %jaguar%\dll is in system path - make sure Environment Variable JAGUAR_CLIENT_ROOT exists and its value is %jaguar% - start Jaguar manager , config security profile if you want to use SSL with E...

Powerbuilder SSL Connection
Hi All, I was wondering if there is a way to create an SSL connection to a web site to download data. A certificate is installed on the local client. THanks Jeff __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4981 (20100329) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http://www.eset.com Downloading data? Can this data be exposed as a web service? Because then you'd have the SetClientCertificateFile() method of the SoapConnection class. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/ &l...

winsock powerbuilder code sample ?
Greetings! We need to create a powerbuilder application that will connect to a server via the internet to a socket and port, write a message to the socket, and then wait for a response and read from the socket before breaking the connection. Someone sent me some sample c code that handles the connection, but I was wondering if anyone has a sample for powerbuilder. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Paul Murray A simple TCP client application. It connects to a specified IP address and port and sends a small message. I...

Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup
Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their questions here. While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some **MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided: - "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful, Powersof...

SSL from Powerbuilder without EAServer
Is it possible to make an SSL connection with a SQL Server database without introducing a middle layer? (EAServer) When I turn Force Encryption On on my server I cannot connect with Powerbuilder - I get sqldbcode 999 which says the server has no error text. Thanks Janet PowerBuilder itself does not have SSL capabilities other than those on the connection object used with EAServer. That being said, what driver are you using? ODBC/JDBC/OLEDB? You should investigate SSL support at that level. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com...

Web resources about - Winsock and SSL - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Winsock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , the Windows Sockets API (WSA) , which was later shortened to Winsock , is a technical specification that defines how Windows network ...

Thanks for Trumpet Winsock - Recognising an unsung hero
Recognising an unsung hero Do you remember connecting to the Internet in 1994 or 1995? Those of you do probably remember Trumpet Winsock. That ...

WinSock and more Open Source for your Windows Store apps
... platform commonality through universal Windows app... Today I want to follow up with some exciting news about the availability of WinSock and ...

David Treadwell - CrunchBase Profile
David Treadwell is corporate vice president of Microsoft’s Live Platform Services, a group that’s defining and implementing the next generation ...

Spyware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spyware is a type of malware (malicious software) installed on computers that collects information about users without their knowledge. The presence ...

ActiveXperts Software - Product overview
Network Monitoring products and Windows Development components and tools by ActiveXperts Software

Weblib Database @ Alaska Software
... compatibility Version(1)Date(14.03.1900)Time(15:00:00)Size(93431)Needs(1.3.212)OS(W32)Format(ZIP)Language(Intl)Keywords(Socket, Internet, Winsock, ...

Freelancing tips - Binary Tides
... Adsense Database Freelancing Linux Programming Hacking Networking PHP Php Snippets Tutorial Socket Programming C Java Perl PHP Python Winsock ...

U-Mail邮件系统常见的退信分析 - U-MAIL邮件服务器资讯 - 比特博客
U-Mail邮件系统常见的退信分析看退信最下面的日志,并按照相应的错误信息进行匹配。511 sorry, no mailbox here by that nameunknown user account... User unknownName server r ..