Which platforms?

I can't find anything at Sybase that tells me on which platforms I can run
a PB 8 client application? Can anyone point me to some Sybase documentation
that states this? Thanks.
0
Ben

This has the information you require.

http://download.sybase.com/pdfdocs/pbg0800e/pbeinst.pdf

/ck

<Ben> wrote in message
> I can't find anything at Sybase that tells me on which platforms I can run
> a PB 8 client application? Can anyone point me to some Sybase
documentation
> that states this? Thanks.

0
Chris
10/2/2001 12:33:16 PM
Thanks for the response Chris, but I don't think that document gives me the
information I'm after. It lists the various Windows platforms for the
development environment, but not the platforms I can deploy a PB
application to. Anyone else?
0
Ben
10/2/2001 1:16:04 PM
Same rules apply. Development and deployment requirements are similar. If
you cannot develop on the platform, you cannot deploy on the platfrom (from
a supportability perspective). You may be able to get a PB8 application
running on Win95 but if a problem occurs only in Win95, it won't be fixed.

Support is limited to supported and GA releases of the OS at the time that
the major release is shipped. New OS support will be added either in a MR or
the next major release subject to the changes in the OS.

As a result, Win95 or WinXP are not supported as WIn95 was not supported and
WinXP was not GA when PB8 shipped.

/ck

<Ben> wrote in message
> Thanks for the response Chris, but I don't think that document gives me
the
> information I'm after. It lists the various Windows platforms for the
> development environment, but not the platforms I can deploy a PB
> application to. Anyone else?

0
Chris
10/2/2001 6:11:24 PM
Of course, there's also the exception of WinME with respect to supported OS's.

Note that people have successfully worked in and deployed on Win95 with PB8, as
far back as beta. The catch is getting support from Sybase. You're on your own.

Good luck,

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001 14:11:24 -0400,
Chris Keating <keating@iAnywhere.com> wrote:
>Same rules apply. Development and deployment requirements are similar. If
>you cannot develop on the platform, you cannot deploy on the platfrom (from
>a supportability perspective). You may be able to get a PB8 application
>running on Win95 but if a problem occurs only in Win95, it won't be fixed.
>
>Support is limited to supported and GA releases of the OS at the time that
>the major release is shipped. New OS support will be added either in a MR or
>the next major release subject to the changes in the OS.
>
>As a result, Win95 or WinXP are not supported as WIn95 was not supported and
>WinXP was not GA when PB8 shipped.
>
>/ck
>
><Ben> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the response Chris, but I don't think that document gives me
>the
>> information I'm after. It lists the various Windows platforms for the
>> development environment, but not the platforms I can deploy a PB
>> application to. Anyone else?

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
10/2/2001 6:33:43 PM
We still seem to be talking at cross purposes.

The PB7 user guide states "PowerBuilder supports cross-platform development
and deployment. For example, you can develop an application using
PowerBuilder under Windows and deploy the very same application without
changes on UNIX".

So the question is, can PB8 be deployed to non-Windows operating systems?
If UNIX, then which flavours? TIA

Ben

0
Ben
10/3/2001 8:06:31 AM
PowerBuilder 8.0 no longer supports any other operating systems other than
Windows for development/deployment of GUI applications. The PowerBuilder 8.0
VM is available for Windows and Solaris (HP-UX and AIX forthcoming) to
support PowerBuilder components hosted in EAServer.

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

<Ben> wrote in message
> We still seem to be talking at cross purposes.
>
> The PB7 user guide states "PowerBuilder supports cross-platform
development
> and deployment. For example, you can develop an application using
> PowerBuilder under Windows and deploy the very same application without
> changes on UNIX".
>
> So the question is, can PB8 be deployed to non-Windows operating systems?
> If UNIX, then which flavours? TIA
>
> Ben

0
Roy
10/3/2001 11:22:40 AM
The UNIX PBVM is only being developed for EAServer
(http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1012460). The PB7 manuals were
anticipating a UNIX version that never materialized. So, there is no
more UNIX client development. Other platforms (Mac) are long gone. So
Chris' list is accurate. The only option for non-Windows platforms is
browser-based PB development solutions.

Good luck,

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 04:06:31 -0400, Ben wrote:

>We still seem to be talking at cross purposes.
>
>The PB7 user guide states "PowerBuilder supports cross-platform development
>and deployment. For example, you can develop an application using
>PowerBuilder under Windows and deploy the very same application without
>changes on UNIX".
>
>So the question is, can PB8 be deployed to non-Windows operating systems?
>If UNIX, then which flavours? TIA
>
>Ben

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
10/3/2001 11:37:07 AM
Thanks Roy, that's exactly what I'm after.

Ben

0
Ben

What generals generally do

Powerbuilder platforms
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder and appreciate information what target platforms are supported by Powerbuilder? Thanks Bodo Bodo, I'm not sure to what you are referring when you say target but I'll take a stab at answering your question. Powerbuilder the development platform only runs on Windows (XP, Vista, etc). Applications can be written and deployed only to Windows platforms. Powerbuilder mobile applications can also be written then deployed to Windows Mobile devices. If you also care to know, Powerbuilder components can be deployed to both Sybase and third par...

Mac platform and PowerBuilder
Hi, I want to know how it is possible for us to run our PB application on Mac platform. We don't have any experience on this platform. We use OLE and SQLA in our applications. Is it possible to make OLE connections to MS Word on Macintosh? I don't think SQLA runs on Macintosh but is there any other ODBC engine available? etc. etc. Thanks for any help. Adnan. Pilot Software Inc. Turkey Yes and no. There is a mac version of PB6, but Sybase de-supported PB on the mac platform shortly after it was released. You might be able to find a copy still from Programmers Par...

PowerBuilder For Different Platforms
We have developed an application in Powerbuilder(6.5) for MS. Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, 98, etc.) Now we want to run the same application on Platforms (UNIX, MAC, SOLARIS, AIX, LINUX) 1. Do we need to compile the same application on those platforms saparately, or it will run on all the Platforms without compilation ? 2. Which of the features will not work on above mentioned Platforms? 3. What kind of changes do we require to run this application for the different platforms? Any comments or references will highly be appreciated. Thanks in Advance. Javaid Khurshid Javaid_khur...

Is dev-platform for platform users or platform developers?
So since dev-tech-xpcom closed, there's been an awful lot of traffic on dev-platform from platform users. I don't really have time to read this, and it probably means I'll be paying less attention to the platform developer traffic on dev-platform (if any at all; I'd long since unsubscribed to dev-tech-xpcom until told to resubscribe to follow the XPCOM memory management discussion). Does this discussion belong on dev-platform, or should it be redirected elsewhere? -David -- L. David Baron http://dbaron.org/ Mozilla Corporation ...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I was able to hit it 11:25 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time vie OE newsreader. Russ <rob.potts@veridian.com> wrote in message news:3485451A5E94D5550053492985256D08.0053493885256D08@webforums... This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I've notified the people in charge. Until it's resolve, you can still use the web-based newsreader at www.pfcguide.com. On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:14:52 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion <Joe_Slawsky> ...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Can someone help me please. I am using PB7 Build 8033 and Excel 97 SR1 I have a spreadsheet which has 1 chart "graph", and 2 sheets "Model" and "Calculations". There are also 7 macros in module 1. I am trying to use OLE Automation to link to the spreadsheet, I need to populate some cells, run some macros and retreive some cells. I can get excel and the spreadsheet to open in automation mode, I can retreive and populate individual cell value, and I can successfully close and disconnect from excel and the spreadsheet. My problem is that I cannot s...

powerbuilder supported platforms grid
Does PowerBuilder have a Supported Platforms Grid, like the one shown from the link below, for SQL Anywhere? http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288 Thanks, Doug Hi Doug; Yes is does ... its buried on the Sybase certification website ... Link: http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/search.do Then select PowerBuilder from the Product dropdown + hit search. That should give you a good list. HTH -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com "Doug Stone" <doug.stonenospam@res-q.com> wrote in message news:...

Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup
Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their questions here. While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some **MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided: - "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful, Powersof...

Is PowerBuilder.General newsgroup broken?
Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. Mike Just saw some new ones now..Could be some haven't switched to the new servers.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Mike Niemann" <mniemann@oowidgets.com> wrote in message news:#VivpTX7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. > > Mike > > I had the same problem too! Then I right-clicked on the newsgroup and clicked properties->Local Files Tab->Clicked on the Reset to reset all the postin...

Powerbuilder menu in windows 2000 platform
Hi , I migrated the powerbuidler application form 6.5 to ver 7.0.3 in windows 2000 platform.When i run the application in windows 2000 os.All the sheet menu items shift to right side of the screen in reverse order.i.e last menu item appears as fist.I applied the latest patch but still it is the same thing. But if i run the same application in windows98/95 it is ok. please let me know what is the problem. help is appreciated. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 on XP platform
I am using PB 7.0 Build 5031...I have upgraded my PC to XP, and installed PB on my machine. But Library painter is not working, getting the memory could not read error...application error, but I can open my objects individually from the open menu... what can you offer for this situation? tia, >>I am using PB 7.0 Build 5031...I have upgraded my PC to XP, and installed PB on my machine. But Library painter is not working, getting the memory could not read error...application error, but I can open my objects individually from the open menu... what can you offer for this sit...

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

Migrating powerbuilder code to a web platform
Are there any tools that can convert a Powerbuilder 6.5 application into a webapp? Preferably J2EE, but .Net is okay also. Our company is primarily j2ee and .Net developers, so our purpose is only a one-off conversion of source code and further development will be in the converted language. I've been looking at the Appeon website, but this program looks more like a tool to help PB devs deploy PB applications to an application server, but I don't know whether the code generated by Appeon will work for our purposes. Or can anyone refer me to other alternatives? Thanks :) ...

general cross-platform DB question
Well, we're still waiting for a general cross-platform forum that's not specific to any one platform. In the mean time, I guess I'll post my question here. What are the different options we have for simple database storage in an app that works on ALL Delphi XE2 platforms? I'm thinking something like a single table, or maybe two or three tables, for saving user data. Don't need SQL or anything like that. And OODB would be fine, as would a CVS-table. So would a text or XML file, I suppose. Encryption would be good to have. What options exist? Can a TCli...

Web resources about - Which platforms? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crowdtesting Platform test IO Raises $5 Million in Series A Funding
Self-service crowdtesting platform test IO (formerly testcloud) announced Wednesday that the company has raised $5 million in Series A funding ...

LG is getting ready to launch its own mobile payment platform to rival Samsung Pay
LG has announced that it is launching its own mobile payment service to take on Samsung Pay and Android Pay. The manufacturer has inked deals ...

Ticket to Ride goes 2.0, adds cross-platform gaming and more
... device. However, that’s not all. Because alongside this feature, Days of Wonder has also added support for what it calls “true cross-platform” ...

Facebook: Investment in Platform Key as All Advertising Goes Digital, Says Monness Crespi
... ( GOOGL ) and Facebook ( FB ), draws several conclusions, including one chief one, that companies such as Facebook that invest in their platform ...

THE MOBILE DISTRIBUTION REPORT: Why social platforms and mobile apps are essential for delivering publisher ...
Mobile devices have become the go-to platform for consuming digital media. In June, mobile accounted for two out of every three minutes spent ...

In new ads, Bernie Sanders focuses on platform, not biography - CNNPolitics.com
Bernie Sanders' campaign released a series of new ads on Friday that focus more on his platform as a candidate than his background.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth coming to PS4, but other platforms unlikely
Afterbirth , the expansion to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth , was released last month for PC users. Owners of Rebirth on other platforms have ...

Taiwan Optical Platform to be listed in mid-December
Taiwan Optical Platform (TOP), the fourth largest MSO (multi-system operator of cable TV) in Taiwan, will be listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange ...

Google, CloudEndure Offer Free Data Migration to Cloud Platform
... are offering free data migration services to any business interested in transferring data from five or more servers to Google's Cloud Platform. ...