Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup

Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder
questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to
find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we
encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their
questions here.

While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some
**MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided:

- "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an
effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful,
Powersoft has created a series of user communities where developers can
share ideas, problems and solutions. In essence, they have rented the
hall for us... the type of party this turns out to be is up to us. In
addition to arranging facilities, Powersoft has "primed the pump", so to
speak, by arranging for independent software developers, well versed in
the Powersoft product(s), to join in discussions and attempt to answer
questions. These TeamPowersoft (or TeamPS) members are not employees of
Powersoft, but have been bribed with the use of six more letters after
their names and a promise of 15 seconds of fame every Powersoft User
Conference ;-). (For more information on TeamPS, visit
powersoft.public.news.teamps.information) In the past, some of the
dedicated employees at Powersoft, developers, tech support engineers and
executives, have shown up in the forums during their off-hours. All this,
however, does not guarantee an answer. If you are in a crisis situation
and have to have an answer in short order, my advice to you is to
investigate an official Powersoft tech support avenue. If you have the
time to wait for a response and can afford to take the chance, this is an
excellent first place to try to get an answer.

- "Powersoft wants a forum that it can control so that it can play Big
Brother." In the 4+ years I've monitored PowerBuilder electronic forums,
I've never seen Powersoft use its controlling influence to kill a
discussion with valid criticism. In fact, without knowing the time that
this message is being read, I can almost guarantee that there is a thread
raging in one of Powersoft's electronic forums where messages are
comparing PowerBuilder negatively to its competition. On the other hand,
since nominated to forum moderator, Sequel the power-hungry techno-kitten
has intentions of ruling with an iron claw!! To keep Sequel's claws in,
please refrain from posting any messages that can be categorized (or
misinterpreted) as any of the following:
- hostile
- personal attacks
- unprofessional
- profanity or other unprofessional language
- spams (identical messages posted to more than one forum)
- reposts
I'm hoping this forum will have an atmosphere of professionalism and
community. If not, our colleagues will be discouraged from using the
forum (who wants to spend time reading childish temper tantrums),
decreasing the number of questions and answers, decreasing the usefulness
of the forum. I believe you'll find these guidelines to be in your best
interest.

Tips to make the newsgroup work better for everyone:
- Keep messages primarily to questions and answers. Clarifying questions,
thanks or personal notes should be kept to email. (This keeps the
bandwidth down for those with slow connections trying to find answers.)
- If you have received one or more answers via email, or have
subsequently figured out the problem yourself, please share the solution
as a reply to your original question.
- When posting a problem, please be as specific as possible. Don't forget
to include your PowerBuilder version, Operating System, GPF modules and
addresses, and any other information you've gathered in an effort to
narrow down the problem. Before posting, erase your memory, read your
question, and see if it leaves any vagueness.
- When posting, create a subject that will help someone with the same
problem find your message. Subjects like "Help", "Problem" or "GPF in PB"
are not helpful.
- Reposting a message is not helpful. Bandwidth and, if no one had the
answer the first time you posted the question, it is unlikely that
they'll have it the second time.
- When replying, try to include as much of the original message to make
the problem clear, without re-posting the entire message. (Bandwidth
versus clarity issue) Assume your message is being read without the
benefit of seeing the original message.

Once again, welcome.

Terry Voth [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten
Your forum moderators
0
tvoth
6/12/1997 12:06:35 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

Is PowerBuilder.General newsgroup broken?
Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. Mike Just saw some new ones now..Could be some haven't switched to the new servers.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Mike Niemann" <mniemann@oowidgets.com> wrote in message news:#VivpTX7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. > > Mike > > I had the same problem too! Then I right-clicked on the newsgroup and clicked properties->Local Files Tab->Clicked on the Reset to reset all the postin...

What generals generally do

Welcome to the Appeon for PowerBuilder Newsgroup
Welcome to the Appeon(TM) for PowerBuilder(R) newsgroup. This document contains information on how to best utilize the Sybase Newsgroup Service as well as what you should expect from this service. This newsgroup service was established by Sybase as a vehicle for users to help each other and exchange problems, solutions, information, and ideas. Sybase Technical Advisors as well as Appeon employees and Team Sybase members may assist on the newsgroup as time permits. To ensure that we all receive the greatest benefit from this forum, we have a few guidelines concerning its use: ...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Can someone help me please. I am using PB7 Build 8033 and Excel 97 SR1 I have a spreadsheet which has 1 chart "graph", and 2 sheets "Model" and "Calculations". There are also 7 macros in module 1. I am trying to use OLE Automation to link to the spreadsheet, I need to populate some cells, run some macros and retreive some cells. I can get excel and the spreadsheet to open in automation mode, I can retreive and populate individual cell value, and I can successfully close and disconnect from excel and the spreadsheet. My problem is that I cannot s...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I was able to hit it 11:25 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time vie OE newsreader. Russ <rob.potts@veridian.com> wrote in message news:3485451A5E94D5550053492985256D08.0053493885256D08@webforums... This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I've notified the people in charge. Until it's resolve, you can still use the web-based newsreader at www.pfcguide.com. On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:14:52 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion <Joe_Slawsky> ...

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

Great thread in the powerbuilder.general forum
Look for the one entitled "Identity Column". It started on 4/7/2003 with a question about implementing IDENTITY/AUTOINCREMENT columns in PB datawindows, but has morphed into a debate of Oracle v. ASA. Anybody that wants to pile on, please feel free to contribute! -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com Join the PB9 Book mailing list! www.pb9book.com ...

Modify Expression Editor
How about improving on the Modify Expression Editor a bit? We have some quite complicated expressions, and the tiny little MLE control that PB uses to allow us to edit expression is very clumsy (and yes, I do realize about the elipse to bring up the modal Modify Expression window - which contains an only slight less tiny MLE for editing the Expression). Not to mention that embedded Returns in the expression can cause the computed field to behave funny. How about a real editor, complete with color markups, support for indentation and carrage returns, AutoScript even! Oooh,...

Powerbuilder <---> General CORBA/IIOP Environment
We're trying to connect Powerbuilder 7 to a CORBA environment other than Jaguar. In particular, we need to talk to components we've created in BEA's WebLogic Enterprise CORBA environment. Has anyone else accomplished this with BEA or any of the other ORB products? We've tried to RTFM but it seems to be primarily interested in Jaguar and some type of connection called "winsock" without mentioning any other ORB products. Thanks. Hi Doug, Good question, to which I don't have an answer. Post this question in the easserver newsgroup. Maybe you&...

Powerbuilder general function to open setfocus and set filter on...
I have a problem conserning wherever in the application when someone registers an alert for later handling this function is to register the entire object path to where he registered that alert. (I am using PowerBuilder 6.5). Then im to retrieve the entire path for the followin things: column. datawindow tab window Are there any functions to do this in PFC, im sorry for posting this here, but i cannot find much in the documentation, btw another question, do you know of any good links to better documentation for PFC than what follows PowerBuilder? Thanks in advance. Klaus M...

Newsgroup for Powerbuilder
Dear All, Could you tell me what is the News Group for powerbuilder related problems. Regards Kibria There is a whole family of them, powersoft.public.powerbuilder.* (general, database, datawindow, etc.) -bret Kibria wrote: > Dear All, > > Could you tell me what is the News Group for powerbuilder related problems. > > Regards > Kibria ...

Newsgroups general
There is probably somewhere better to send this, but I can' t find it at present. Now I have found the new newsgroups they seem very good, partly helped by the fact that I now have broadband. We don't have to remember to press enter on every line. But I can't find how to print an individual reply. I am surprised there isn't a button just for that. George George Probyn <> wrote: >Now I have found the new newsgroups they seem very good, partly helped by the fact that I now have broadband. We don't have to remember to press enter on every line. But I can'...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Web resources about - Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles