Web PB calls with no return

I have a web page which contains an anchor <A>...</A> which calls a
function in my PB app. The function does a bit of processing but an
update to the user's web page is not necessary. I want the current page
to remain unchanged.

How can I get web-pb to execute the function when the user clicks on the
anchor but not jump them to another page?

0
David

Why does Web.PB keep calling function that return blobs until the return is null?
Does anybody know a good reason why Web.PB keeps calling a blob returning function until the function returns (null)? I can see how this might be a convienence in some situations but if I designed Web.PB, I wouldn't have thought to do this. The f_retrieve_picture in u_web_examples has a comment that reads: /* Web.pb functions with a blob datatype will be called repeatedly until a Null blob is returned. This is to allow you the ability to stream the amount of data sent back with each request. Once your function has completed its output, return...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

Returning PB return code to the calling to CMD environment
We've got a number of PB applications, and I want to return a return code back to the OS. Basically, I want to have a Batch File that executes my PB application, gets the return code from the PB app, and then performs... The docs aren't overly clear on how to return a code back to DOS. Suggestions? Thanks, Jason Check out the following: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.powerbuilder/browse_thread/thread/f 1ed7243789fb838/8bede66ec6eced2e?lnk=st&q=powerbuilder+return+code+dos&rnum=1#8b ede66ec6eced2e On 10 Oct 2005 15:02:25 -0700, in syb...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

I want to call a web procedure , after executing it automaticaly return back to next statement of the calling page
I want to call a web procedure , after executing it automaticaly return back to next statement of the calling page. How can I do that? Check out Server.Execute JerryK...

How do you know which web method has returned when your OnComplete function gets called after multiple requests to a web service?
var prm;function pageLoad() { prm = Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance(); if (!prm.get_isInAsyncPostBack()) { WebService.get_defaultFailedCallback(OnFailed); WebService.set_defaultSucceededCallback(OnComplete); WebMethod1(); Webmethod2(); } } function OnComplete (results) {  // e.g. if (webmethodcalled == 'WebMethod1') { } }  How do you tell which method has returned the result? Is there an event handler for each individual method that can be used?  Thanks I need to stop answering my own questions... http://msdn.microsoft.co...

Ajax calls web service. Web service returns string nodes and 1 node of binary data...How?
I've been all over the place looking for some helpful clues with ASP.Net 3.5 and handling binary data returned to a client.  Initially it was a standard PDF v1.3...at this point, I'd be happy to see that Ajax ASP.Net sending back an image or sound file embedded as binary data within the XML/SOAP data sent back to the user.  Below is one of several variations that I've tried.  Any suggestions? 1.  User clicks a button on the web page.  The button calls a JScript which calls the web service. 2.  The web service sends back an XML/SOAP respon...

Return charater causes DW update error and PB crash (re-post from the pb.general group)
Hi All PB 10.0.1, MSSQLServer 2000 We've got a field (defined as Char) that takes standard input... included in this is the odd carriage return (though we've got triggers preventing saving of said bad character).. When this was running with PB 8, the save went through without issue... As soon as app was migrated to PB 10 (no change in back end with migration to 10), the save started blowing up (cannot insert NULL error, even though we can see the value in the insert/update statement... only weird part is that in both the error msg and a DB Trace, the return key...

difference of calling web services and calling web page
Dear all,  What is the difference of call a web services instead of calling a aspx page which is also programming can accept parameters and return results? Webservice -- Soap protocol Webapplication  -- HTTP protocol Webservices are of two Major types Xml & SOAP HttpWebServices Basic difference is in usage and implementation. We use a webservice inside a website. it is added as a reference or we can call it through HttpWebRequests and Response objects. Webpages are the components that have presentation and logic, while web services provide the service that we...

PowerBuilder Web PB and JAWS
I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to do a sample JAWS application. I downloaded a document working with jaws I went threw all the steps of adding Jaws70.jar files then installed servlet it told me to do. did the installed pakages on JagWebPB. All this work fine but when I typed in the url http://localhost:8080/servlet/Jaws I get a 404 page cannot be found. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks (EAServer Newbie) Do you have a listener configured for port 8080 on localhost? Can you see the Jaguar doc when you go to just http://loc...

PowerBuilder called from Web Page
I open a PB App from a link on a web page (using the ActiveXControl)...that was successful when the user double clicks on a row, I want to open another Browser instance and pass it args.....when done...let the calling window know...and then return to the original Web Page...(all the while interwacting with a Data Base) I realize this is a broad question but...what do I need to use/do/consider/have....etc. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ J. Christopher McCauley PDMS General Physics Corporation (925) 363 9672 (Fax) (925) 363 9669 jc_mccauley@mindspring.com On Fri, 7 Dec ...

Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility
1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the following: - Validate User against database based on passed ID and password - Display a selection list of accounts (from database) - Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database (both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures) Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I consider? 2.) Saving the rows of a nested datawindow as an HTML table appears to save the data in the primary datawindow EXCLUDING the data in nested datawindows. ...

Web.pb repeatedly calling a function?
Has anyone else noticed web.pb calling a function more than once when it was not supposed to? The HTML specifies a GET, not a POST but we are getting the same function called 2x, 2 seconds apart. We are still using PB 5.0.2 on a WIN95 box. This is causing some serious problems.. any ideas? Julie Kirk Applied Creative Technologies, Inc jlkirk@actinc.org Is the function returning a BLOB result. Web.PB has special rules for functions that return BLOBs. In essence it calls repeatedly until it gets a NULL blob. This allows you to send binary data in chunks. Dave Julie Le...

Web resources about - Web PB calls with no return - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Sample return mission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sample return mission is a spacecraft mission with the goal of returning tangible samples from an extraterrestrial location to Earth for analysis. ...

ActewAGL searches for family of former chairman Alan Jones to return portrait
He was immortalised on canvas after laying the foundations for the capital's modern electrical network. Now ActewAGL wants to return their portrait ...

Actor Nicolas Cage agrees to return stolen skull of dinosaur Tyrannosaurus bataar to Mongolia
The US Attorney is returning a stolen dinosaur skull owned by Nicolas Cage to the Mongolian government.

Nicolas Cage returns stolen dinosaur skull to Mongolia
Actor Nicolas Cage agrees to return a rare dinosaur skull to Mongolia's government after it is found to be stolen.

Billy Bob Thornton finally returns as Bad Santa next November
Bill Bob Thorton's irreverent Christmas comedy Bad Santa is on its way to becoming a cult classic. Released on November 21st, 2003, the film ...

David Bruton Injury: Updates on Broncos Safety's Leg and Return - Bleacher Report
Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak announced on Monday that safety David Bruton will miss the remainder of the regular season with a fractured ...

Nicolas Cage will return dinosaur skull to Mongolia
The actor purchased the skull of a Tyrannosaurus bataar in 2007 for $276,000

SpaceX Falcon rocket blasts off and returns
The launch and successful return of the rocket's first stage marked the first SpaceX flight since a June accident.

SportsNet Central Update: Garnett returns to Garden
... form Search 51° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN SportsNet Central Update: Garnett returns ...

‘Mistresses’ Returns To Los Angeles For Season 4; Will Alyssa Milano Come Back?
... star Alyssa Milano . The void was filled by Jennifer Esposito , who played a new character in Season 3 but announced she won’t be returning ...