view and print EPS & PDF format in PowerBuilder.

Hi all,

	I've used PowerBuilder for about 2 months, now I have a problem, does
anyone know how to view and print EPS or PDF format image in datawindow?
Since I'm very new to PowerBuilder, if anyone got solution, please help,
thanks!

Jaffe.
0
Jaffe

The only way to do that is to create a datawindow with an OLE presentation
style. Then use ActiveX controls that know how to read the file types you
want.  For example Adobe Reader, which by the way is distributed for free
(www.adobe.com), can read PDF files and it comes with its own ActiveX
control.  I'm not familiar with ActiveX controls that read EPS files but I
bet there must be some out there.  Take a look at the www.windx.com for more
ActiveX control.

Regards,

Costas Tsaklas[TeamPS]
Elevated Technologies, Inc.
www.elevatedtech.com

Jaffe Ling wrote in message <01bd02dd$a6140600$e86b8bd0@mystery>...
>Hi all,
>
> I've used PowerBuilder for about 2 months, now I have a problem, does
>anyone know how to view and print EPS or PDF format image in datawindow?
>Since I'm very new to PowerBuilder, if anyone got solution, please help,
>thanks!
>
>Jaffe.

begin 666 Costas Tsaklas.vcf
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/,EH-"D5.1#I60T%21 T*
`
end

0
Costas
12/8/1997 2:58:02 PM
Jaffe Ling <ysling@netvigator.com> wrote in article
<01bd02dd$a6140600$e86b8bd0@mystery>...
> Hi all,
>
> 	I've used PowerBuilder for about 2 months, now I have a problem, does
> anyone know how to view and print EPS or PDF format image in datawindow?
> Since I'm very new to PowerBuilder, if anyone got solution, please help,
> thanks!

  I'm not aware of anything that'll do what you want in a datawindow, but
there
might be some tools to display PDFs and EPS files in a window. There's a
program called Freedom of the Press that'll view and print PostScript. It's
been over 5 years since I've played with their package, but they might have
a callable library or OCX you could use. There's also a stand alone piece
of freeware called ghostscript that views postscript and PDFs, and comes
with source. You could hire someone to modify it to make it a callable
library.
  Acrobat Reader comes with an OCX that lets you load and print PDFs,
but doesn't export anything else, really. Acrobat Exchange can be
controlled via OLE Automation, and will let you open a document in one
of your windows, go to a page, print a page range, zoom all over the place,
and even extract text with a little work. It's fairly big, though, and not
free.

--
Mike "Agent of Chaos" Swaim  | Disclaimer: I Lie
Work: mpswaim@gdseng.com

0
Mike

Print PDF in powerbuilder
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file in powerbuilder? I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button cb_button, so that the pdf file will print automatically when i click the button cb_button. Thank You ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Get the printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com to print to PDF from PB "Sunny" <stupidlai@hongkong.com> wrote in message news:0#lVYT41AHA.302@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file i...

Printing to PDF from Powerbuilder
Does anyone know how I would go about printing a file from Powerbuilder to PDF? Are there plugins required, does Powerbuilder allow something like this? Thanks. >>Does anyone know how I would go about printing a file from Powerbuilder to PDF? Are there plugins required, does Powerbuilder allow something like this? << You can load either Amyuni's PDFConverter printer driver or Adobe's PDFWriter printer driver and just use the usual print mechanisms (e.g. dw.Print()). If you don't want to be prompted to specify the .pdf filename, then you can set th...

PowerBuilder 9, 11.5
our configuration: EAServer 5.5 PowerBuilder 9, 11.5 Windows XP, 2003 what we do: generate PDF documents using the distill method (Sybase Postscript Printer Driver, Ghostscript) with PowerBuilder in EAServer using datastore.SaveAs(ls_fileName, PDF!, TRUE). This works fine, no problem there. what is it about: the generated PDF document seems to be somewhat 'protected' - what I mean is: if I open the PDF document, select some text therein and copy this text to a notepad document then the resulting text is non readable anybody has an idea why ? anybody knows...

how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder
hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin Hello, This newsgroup is for Open Client, Open Server and SDK. You might want to post your question to one of the PowerBuilder newsgroups: http://www.sybase.com/detail_list_multi/1,6902,11507,00.html?dynamic_query_yn=N&dropdown_product=1248 Maybe this one would be best: news://forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general Gino Lin wrote: > hello: > > how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? > I read online help but ...

Print a pdf file in powerbuilder
Hello How to print a pdf filein powerbuilder? I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button cb_button, so that the document will print automatically when i click the button cb_button. Thank You Very Much!!! ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp To be able to print to PDF you need to have Adobe Acrobat PDFWriter installed on your machine. To make it easier to implement printing to PDF you can get the printer utility for PB apps from www.powerwhizz.com. They provide you with the source-code that...

printing to pdf from powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram It's in the Help File. Search for the phrase "GhostScript". Paul Horan[Sybase] <chithu.palaniappan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:552eca65-5d9c-4807-9b72-0d3ad19bf88d@b2g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > I need to print my data window or repo...

how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ?
hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin If you are using powerbuilder 9, you will need to download and install ghostscript. Once you get that install, you should be able to print pdf files. But if you already have Adobe Distiller, you might be able to just print to distiller. try PrintSetup() to setup the distiller printer, then print the datawindow. HTH James "Gino Lin" <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3FA5E586.113733CC@hotmail.com... > hello: &...

Print to secure pdf SDK for Powerbuilder
Hi, Is there a way to print to a pdf file from PowerBuilder? The SDK must allow setting the permissions for the pdf file and to secure it using user's password. Thank you. You'd need a third party product that looks like a printer and supports that feature. http://www.planetpdf.com/ is a good place to start shopping. Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement On 1/12/2011 4:17 PM, magotici wrote: > Hi, > Is there a way to print to a pdf file from Po...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram Please don't crosspost. I've answered your question in the .datawindow forum. Paul Horan[Sybase] <chithu.palaniappan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69bfb3e6-69eb-4e76-a6a8-3048db57b6a1@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > I need to print my data...

powerbuilder saveas & print enhancement
I wonder why sybase didn't want to improve the 'saveas' function, like saving to excel file type, but always promote other addon library (dw2xls.pbd). the sybase surely have enough fund to buy the dw2xls library to link with PB library, it will create an extra point to powerbuilder value, somehow compile and link .pbd to client existing ..pbl cannot run in 'full mode'. About the print function, why not add a library to print all the datawindow including all variables to a static text or image document ? printing to .PDF mostly the same, but cannot load to...

Batch printing PDF files from powerbuilder...
Has anyone implemented batch printing of pdf files from powerbuilder. I tried RUN ( acrobat32.exe + /p /o /h + fileargs ) I would like to have adobe open before i issue the shell command as there is some performance improvement, but the problem is after the batch printing process is completed i want to kill adobe. Is there any win32 functions available to kill an application or something. Which is the best way to implement this. Thanks in advance, -Ram Steve, You can use FindWindowA to get a handle to any window that you can specify the title text for. Then use SendMessag...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram ...

Print a PDF file in Powerbuilder 5
I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript in Powerbuilder 5. I tried creating a datastore and doing and insertdocument function call but keep getting a -1 error code. I need help.... Thanks, Tom you would need a PDF print driver (e.g. Acrobat PDFWriter) installed and then print on that to generate PDF. u can also look at printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com that helps u with swicthing printers etc. On 16 Jun 2004 09:54:00 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <Thomas Rundo> wrote: >I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript ...

Anyone using PowerWhizz PDF-print in PowerBuilder ??
And if You do.. please read below... Is there any way to change the quality of the printed ??? I have tried to change it on runtime like this.. Directly on the DW.. no change... <DW Control Name>.Modify("DataWindow.Print.Quality='<0 -Default, 1 - High, 2 - Medium, 3 - Low, 4 - Draft>' ") I'm using PB7.0.. All printing goes through PowerWhizz -> PDFwriter 4.0 Maybe it can be changed in PDFwriter, but I'd really like to be able to do it on runtime ?? Help please.. Dennis The effect of print quality only applies to the gen...

Web resources about - view and print EPS & PDF format in PowerBuilder. - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles