Using WinSock

Hi, PBuilders

I am, creating DPB (Distribuited Power Builder) using WinSock but no know
way configuring winsock for windows 95.

Tia

0
Adalberto
6/25/1997 10:47:17 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 14 followers. Follow

You will need to use and configure TCP/IP under Network Neighborhood
properties
--
Mike B
momjb@erols.com

Adalberto Rua Aguirre <nova@uio.satnet.net> wrote in article
<01bc7ff9$f199bd20$9f081fc8@adalberto>...
> Hi, PBuilders
>
> I am, creating DPB (Distribuited Power Builder) using WinSock but no know
> way configuring winsock for windows 95.
>

> Tia

0
Mike

using winsock in powerbuilder
Dear sir I'm a PowerBuilder programmer. I found a error when doing an application now. I use PowerBuilder 6.5 under Sybase Enterprise Server System 11. I want to make comminucation from one station to another station by dial line. I use Winsocket on windowsNT & windows95/98. I use PowerBuilder to do the Winsocket Server program. If I connect to the Winsocket Server only one client, all is right. But if I connect to this server more than 2 links, some time later, only one connection is active, other links is disactive because the Winsoc...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Can I use activex in Jaugar using Powerbuilder
Hi, I am writing a component using Powerbuilder and a third party ActiveX control. Can I do this in a Powerbuilder Jaguar component: oleobject o o = create oleobject o.connecttonewobject("aaa.bbb") .... .... Sure -- you'll need to import the ActiveX DLL into Jaguar (you'll need the ..TLB file -- if you don't have it, use Microsoft's OLEViewer utility to generate one) -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://www.exp.com/app/expertProfile?expertID=512231 "Simon..." <simon@...

Creating DLLs using Visual Objects for use in PowerBuilder
Hi All, Has anybody created a DLL with visual objects in Power++ ? < ---- Part of this post contains text (modified) from an earlier post of mine ---- > I have run into the following problem on this. 1. I open a new project 2. I add a new DLL target (and delete the EXE) 3. I add a plain form Form1 (since the default Form1 is deleted by deleting the EXE) 4. I add a new File test.cpp to the target, and in that the only statements I add is #include "form1.hpp" I Run->Build File at this stage and I get the following compile error in Form1....

use Winsock
How can I use Winsock in powerbuilder? Yes, I really do think to help people, when the Question is clear and specific to the point. May be You don't want to explain the whole winsock for such a question. BTW thanks for your samples. We have a full fledge system working here using Winsock developed in PB 7.0 ( Thanks to Roy also). As you said there are several possibilities; Socket connections, FTP, HTTP and many others. FX Liagre wrote: > Do you really think you help the group with this kind of "answer" ("What do > you want to do with Winsock in PB?...

Best way to use use Crystal Report in Powerbuilder 8
I have been asked to look into viewing reports created in Crystal Reports 9 from within a Powerbuilder 8 application. I'm not sure at all where to start, I think perhaps the Crystal Report Viewer Control may be what I need to use, can anyone tell me if that's what I need to use, or is there a better way to view these reports in PB? Can anyone point me to any documentation describinh how to use the Report Viewer Control? Thanks a lot! Aron Cox Capilano College Vancouver Canada ...

Use of Categories | General "Real" World Uses
I've been using the Firebird extension of the Mozilla Calendar and I like it better than my use of Outlook 2000 in terms of layout and open standard file format. Much thanks to the people who keep this project moving forward. I read somewhere in bugzilla (on the topic of Categories) that the first priority was to get Category functionality working, and then MAYBE think about implementing the ability to assign multiple categories to a single task/appointment/et cetera (whatever the proper nomenclature is for dated items input by the user and acted upon as an "object&qu...

the general use
Name: Pilko Nera Product: Firefox Summary: the general use Comments: I thinks IE8 is much better than Firefox 3.1 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

Use in general
Name: Roques Julien Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Use in general Comments: Sometime, the mozilla bugs and stops or is frozen. This problem appears more frequently when I try to read some PDFs. Another problem is that some videos do not work properly. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

the general use
Name: Pilko Nera Product: Shiretoko Summary: the general use Comments: I thinks IE8 is much better than Firefox 3.1 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

general use
Name: Taber Email: kwtaberathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: general use Comments: too click happy. too many button operations to use easily. Now I have to ask how to delete it from my machine as there is no uninstall button on the bar Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Why I should use PowerBuilder
I have used PB for 3.5 years now - I would not go back to VB (unless required by our client). Which is what may happen... I have a design meeting with an IT group to standardize their software applications. The IT group works for a health authority who has taken the initative to re-write all their current applications in one common programming language. I feel that PB is their best option but I can not find anything around that says... PB is better than <enter other tool> becuase ... Unfortunately, most of the people I will be meeting with have a MS background and use V...

Web resources about - Using WinSock - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Winsock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , the Windows Sockets API (WSA) , which was later shortened to Winsock , is a technical specification that defines how Windows network ...

Thanks for Trumpet Winsock - Recognising an unsung hero
Recognising an unsung hero Do you remember connecting to the Internet in 1994 or 1995? Those of you do probably remember Trumpet Winsock. That ...

WinSock and more Open Source for your Windows Store apps
... platform commonality through universal Windows app... Today I want to follow up with some exciting news about the availability of WinSock and ...

David Treadwell - CrunchBase Profile
David Treadwell is corporate vice president of Microsoft’s Live Platform Services, a group that’s defining and implementing the next generation ...

Spyware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spyware is a type of malware (malicious software) installed on computers that collects information about users without their knowledge. The presence ...

ActiveXperts Software - Product overview
Network Monitoring products and Windows Development components and tools by ActiveXperts Software

Weblib Database @ Alaska Software
... compatibility Version(1)Date(14.03.1900)Time(15:00:00)Size(93431)Needs(1.3.212)OS(W32)Format(ZIP)Language(Intl)Keywords(Socket, Internet, Winsock, ...

Freelancing tips - Binary Tides
... Adsense Database Freelancing Linux Programming Hacking Networking PHP Php Snippets Tutorial Socket Programming C Java Perl PHP Python Winsock ...

U-Mail邮件系统常见的退信分析 - U-MAIL邮件服务器资讯 - 比特博客
U-Mail邮件系统常见的退信分析看退信最下面的日志,并按照相应的错误信息进行匹配。511 sorry, no mailbox here by that nameunknown user account... User unknownName server r ..