Using Verisign to Sign a PowerBuilder App

I've got a code signing need for PowerBuilder 8 application.

I sign the application exe according to the directions with signcode.exe and
I test the signing with chktrust.exe and it comes back with succeeded.

My problem is I cannot run the application anymore by double-clicking the
exe.  The application immediately exits without any response.

Is there some problem or some special way you have to sign a PowerBuilder
EXE?

0
James

Using Verisign to Sign a PowerBuilder App #2
Has anybody successfully signed a PB app (v7.0) with a digital id? I sign the application exe according to the directions with signcode.exe and I test the signing with chktrust.exe and it comes back with succeeded. My problem is I cannot run the application anymore by double-clicking the exe. The application immediately exits without any response. Is there some problem or some special way you have to sign a PowerBuilder EXE? ...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Using a PowerBuilder app to drive another Windows app
My users need to run a canned Windows application repeatedly with a variety of parameters on a variety of datasets. In order to do this, they have to log in, choose a menu item, key in some parameters, click an OK button and exit. And then do it again and again and . . . We want to set up a database with the appropriate parameters and write an application to drive the process. We've considered Winbatch but would rather not introduce another development tool . . . if it's not too hard to accomplish the task in PowerBuilder. This has to run in a Windows 95 or NT Workstatio...

PowerBuilder using Verisign
Hi, I have been tasked to interface with Verisign using PowerBuilder as the tool. I've attempted to use the 'run' command in PowerBuilder but it does not return values from the transaction. Has anyone ever connected to Verisign using PowerBuilder. These things are usually done through WEB applications. Thanks in Advance. Brian When you say 'interface' what type of interface are you asking about? HTTP, SOAP, OCX, DLL etc... All of these are possible if Verisign supports one of them. What Verisign interface do you need to work with? What interface 't...

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

EAServer App using Powerbuilder
Hi, I am a PB client/server developer having a good understanding of client/server design issues. But when it comes to WEB app, I am not having a good understanding of underlining concepts. like How people do authentication in WEB(in Client server we do this by making connection to Database, but in web app this does not looks practical. A web app should use some chched conections to databasewhich every user connection should use) I would really appreciate if some one could guide me where I could find a sample application (kind of getting started using EA Server and PB not...

Deploying an app that uses PowerBuilder.Application
I'd like to use the PowerBuilder.Application COM object in my application (specifically the generateGUID function). All works fine on my development machine, but I can't seem to figure out how to deploy my application so this function will work. Anyone know what steps I get this to work on a deployed application? Thanks, John ...

Creating a dll in Powerbuilder for use by other apps???
Does anyone know how or if it is even possible to create a dll from Powerbuilder 6.5 code for use by other apps? No, you can't. You would need to use a MSVC++ or some other C/C++ IDE. steve [TeamPS] fdefranco wrote: > > Does anyone know how or if it is even possible to create a dll from > Powerbuilder 6.5 code for use by other apps? PB DLL's are not usable as DLL's in other applications. You can, however, create COM and OLE objects that can be used in other applications. Why would you want to do this though? regards, Bill Green fdefranco wrote...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

Using a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server
Does anyone know how to use a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server? Yes, what are you trying to do? -- Thanks Dean Jones, CPD Professional PowerTeam, Inc. www.powerobjects.com dean@outtech.com Josh Manfred <jmanfred@nomad> wrote in article <jeNPU#vH9GA.137@forums.powersoft.com>... > Does anyone know how to use a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server? > > > ...

incorporating help into a powerbuilder app using RoboHelp
Hey Y'all: We just got EHelp's RoboHelp 2002 r2 and we're going to be using it to incorporate into our PowerBuilder development. I've got 8.02 build 9626 with Oracle 9i. I see there's the showhelp and showpopuphelp commands but on the showhelp it only looks for compiled help (.cnt) and HTML Help (.chm). Can we not use RoboHelp's Webhelp for our app (it generates .htm files)? We were hoping to use WebHelp since you can set section 508 compliance here but not in the HTML Help. It's also not feasible to use win32 api - I'm the only one who understa...

Multilanguage app using 'Enable' for powerbuilder ?
Hello. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience using Enable for powerbuilder to build multi-language apps ? Thanks. On Nov 13, 4:43 pm, dave wrote: > Hello. > > I am wondering if anyone out there has experience using > Enable for powerbuilder to build multi-language apps ? > > Thanks. Hello, we are using enable for more than one year now and we are very satisfied with the product. Before using enable we used the powerbuilder translation toolkit, but the tool from sybase was very unhandy for us. With enable we have less work translating an ap...

do I need pocketpowerbuilder or can I write an app using powerbuilder
I'm looking to create a enterprise app (web site , client app and moble app) do I need pocketpowerbuilder to design the moble app or can I write the app using powerbuilder. I'm trying to use one tool to do as much as I can , so that It does not get out of hand. also any sites / information about what Sybase tool to use for what app type would be apprecated ( i.e. what tool for a web app, what tool for moble apps , etc...) TIA Hi, This question can't be answered generally. What you could do is to do as much business logic within UOs, so that you can copy/impo...

Web resources about - Using Verisign to Sign a PowerBuilder App - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles