Using Crystal Reports in PowerBuilder

I'm trying to use Crystal Reports in PowerBuilder. Has anyone tried this before?
I believe Crystal reports can be generated as Active X components and it would
seem you could then use it in PowerBuilder.

The other thing would be if I could use Crystal reports in the  PowerBuilder
Development environment like you can in Visual Basic or in PowerBuilder like
you can with InfoMaker.

The requirement to use Crystal reports is a management requirement so PB or
InfoMaker are not viable options at this point - unless there is no other way
to do it I suppose.

Thanks,

Phil
0
Phil

You need to look at the PB example on crystals support site.  Use the
print engine API.  It's not easy to get it just right, but in the end,
worth the effort.  We've developed a ton of stuff around this.

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:58:52 -0400, "Phil Newberry"
<virtual720@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to use Crystal Reports in PowerBuilder. Has anyone tried this before?
>I believe Crystal reports can be generated as Active X components and it would
>seem you could then use it in PowerBuilder.
>
>The other thing would be if I could use Crystal reports in the  PowerBuilder
>Development environment like you can in Visual Basic or in PowerBuilder like
>you can with InfoMaker.
>
>The requirement to use Crystal reports is a management requirement so PB or
>InfoMaker are not viable options at this point - unless there is no other way
>to do it I suppose.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Phil

0
Peter
9/23/1999 3:23:01 AM
You can also use the OCX the installs with Crystal Reports.  It is crystl32.ocx
and resides in the windows\system directory.  I have used it in several
applications and once you get by the problem of which files you need on the
client to register the OCX, everything else is pretty easy.  I have found using
the OCX easier than the API calls.  You can find documentation about the OCX in
the Crystal Reports Developers Help file under Active X.  If you need an example
of it just drop me a line.

Doug Tubaugh
The Bali Company

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:23:01 -0700,
Peter Kellner <peter@kellner.com> wrote:
>You need to look at the PB example on crystals support site.  Use the
>print engine API.  It's not easy to get it just right, but in the end,
>worth the effort.  We've developed a ton of stuff around this.
>
>On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:58:52 -0400, "Phil Newberry"
><virtual720@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to use Crystal Reports in PowerBuilder. Has anyone tried this
before?
>>I believe Crystal reports can be generated as Active X components and it would
>>seem you could then use it in PowerBuilder.
>>
>>The other thing would be if I could use Crystal reports in the  PowerBuilder
>>Development environment like you can in Visual Basic or in PowerBuilder like
>>you can with InfoMaker.
>>
>>The requirement to use Crystal reports is a management requirement so PB or
>>InfoMaker are not viable options at this point - unless there is no other way
>>to do it I suppose.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Phil

0
Doug
9/23/1999 12:36:55 PM
Dear Mr. Tubaugh,

I hope you can be kind enough to give me advice on this particular issue.
I am currently using PB6.5 and Crystal Report7.0 (which datasource=Stored
procedure[input parameters]) for the front end development, but as I
implemented the following code and got an error message whilst attempting
to assign the opened RptObject to crystal veiwer, the message was like
this: "Error calling external object function preview at line......"

----Beinning of My PB code --------

OLEObject sc1, RptObj, DbObj, RptParamObj
integer li_return
//Connect to the object using its Program ID and check that the connection
was established:
sc1 = CREATE OLEObject
li_return = sc1.ConnectToNewObject("Crystal.Crpe.Application")
// ("CrystalRuntime.Application")
IF li_return < 0 THEN
MessageBox("Connecting to CRP Object", &
"Error: " + String(li_return))
Return -1
END IF
// Open report
RptObj = sc1.OpenReport(sRptFile)
parent.ole_rpt_viewer.object.ReportSource(RptObj)
//RptObj.Preview()
parent.ole_rpt_viewer.object.ViewReport()
// Connection verification (not necessary)
DbObj = RptObj.Database
DbObj.Verify()
//-End of my PB code-----------------------------------------

Thank you very very much for your attention, I would be truly grateful if
you can send me some sample code.

Have a wonderful joyous day!
Cordially,
Felicity
0
Felicity

Best way to use use Crystal Report in Powerbuilder 8
I have been asked to look into viewing reports created in Crystal Reports 9 from within a Powerbuilder 8 application. I'm not sure at all where to start, I think perhaps the Crystal Report Viewer Control may be what I need to use, can anyone tell me if that's what I need to use, or is there a better way to view these reports in PB? Can anyone point me to any documentation describinh how to use the Report Viewer Control? Thanks a lot! Aron Cox Capilano College Vancouver Canada ...

Using Crystal Reports RDC in powerbuilder
Hello Has anyone used the RDC -interface for Crystal Reports?, not just for loading, previewing an printing but also manipulate fields, subreports, formulas, sort etc etc? I have a hard time accessing the field objects, formalas etc etc All the documentation is VB-only, so thats not much help either.. Can anyone give me some pointers? TIA Harry Hi Harry, I don't know what version of PB or Crystal you're using, but according to the docs I saw for the lastest RDC VB5 of VB6 is required and says nothing about being able to use PowerBuilder. Hope someone else has ...

Using Crystal Reports and Powerbuilder 7.0

HELP!!! Opening Crystal Reports using powerbuilder.
I need a way to dynamically search the registry for the Seagate Info Designer executable or the Crystal Reports executable. Does anyone know how to do a search on the registry using PB6.5 and SQL 7. thanks ...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Using Crystal Reports and Powerbuilder 7.0 (2)
I am trying to use a suppression formula for a section in a crystal Report and have been told that the "isnull" function in Crystal is not supported in sybase. The field I am using to base the suppression formula on is nullable and is a numerc field. I have tried many diffeent scenarios instead of "isnull" such as converting the field to text and then getting the length but have come up empty. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Crystal version 7.0.1.100 and sybase verision is 5.0.5 Thanks All Nulled Out ...

Critical Problem using Crystal Report ActiveX viewer control in Powerbuilder
I have a window w_report_window in my application with a Crystal Report 11.5 ActiveX Viewer Control(ole_crviewer) placed on it.I have a problem generating the report as mentioned below: I have written the code to connect\generate the report in the open event of w_report_window. The code I have written is i_ole_crx_application = CREATE OLEObject i_ole_crx_connection_info = CREATE OLEObject i_ole_crx_report = CREATE OLEObject i_return=i_ole_crx_application.ConnectToNewObject ('CrystalRuntime.Application.11') i_rpt_filename = G_ReportDirectory+areportfilename i_ole_crx_...

Integrate reports from Crystal Reports to PowerBuilder application
Is it possible to integrate reports from Crystal Reports to PowerBuilder application ? see the site http://www.seagatesoftware.com/ Yuri Denshchik a �crit : > Is it possible to integrate reports from Crystal Reports to PowerBuilder > application ? ...

Powerbuilder and Crystal Reports
Has anyone had any success using Powerbuilder and Crystal Reports version 8.5 or 9.0. Any guidance would be appreciated. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 build 10009. Thanks in advance Rob We are using PB 7.0.3 Build 10009 and Crystal 8.5. We call crystal from the app to preview reports on the screen and to print and export reports to various file formats. Is there anything specific I could help you with? When calling Crystal, are you using PEWrap.dll or some other method? From what I can gather, PEWrap.dll is discontinued with Crystal 9.0 and I am trying to find a new sol...

crystal report with PowerBuilder
Hello, i would like to use Crystal Report with powerBuilder. How link the report to a window ? thank you ...

Crystal Reports with PowerBuilder
Are there anyone in this news group, who uses **Crystal Reports** to develop reports to use with PowerBuilder ? Please, write me ! Thanks, Alan Koerbel alan@logocenter.com.br www.logocenter.com.br Brazil We wrote an interface from PB to Crystal reports for a current client application. We used our standard Criteria datawindows to build the SQL that is then passed to the Crystal report for processing. Our Criteria datawindows are external DWs that have tag values set for the table and columns they are associated with. This was relatively easy for us because we had ...

hi i have the problem while configure the powerbuilder to allow the user change the field for runtime crystal report. Are you trying to change the contents of a field (column) or the name? -- Regards, Millard [TeamSybase] "kenbeyond" <ken_beyond04@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1157684803.490232.128890@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > hi > > i have the problem while configure the powerbuilder to allow the user > change the field for runtime crystal report. > ...

Crystal Reports with Powerbuilder
I want to create reports from a Powerbuilder database with the database file being used on a pc (not hooked to a network). What do I need to do? Yes, I am relative new to CR 6 and very new to Powerbuilder Learn DataWindows and forget about Crystal Reports. Yakov Fain www.excaliber.net/yfain/ ewj wrote: > I want to create reports from a Powerbuilder database with the database > file being used on a pc (not hooked to a network). What do I need to do? > > Yes, I am relative new to CR 6 and very new to Powerbuilder Learn DataWindow is better than use ...

Crystal Reports with PowerBuilder
Are there anyone in this news group, who uses **Crystal Reports** to develop reports to use with PowerBuilder ? Please, write me ! Thanks, Alan Koerbel alan@logocenter.com.br www.logocenter.com.br Brazil ...

Web resources about - Using Crystal Reports in PowerBuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles