Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

We use PB6.5.
We would want to use a DLL create from PB in a PB application.

We compiled an a PBL as DLL.

After we tried to use DLL in a user object external, but without success.

How can we do to use DLL create from PB or use in a new PB application some
object (visual and no) before compiled with PB?

Any help will be appreciated.

Saul.Convalle@mail.cec.it

Saul
11/3/1998 3:40:31 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

When you create a DLL from a PB library it is not really a standard Windows
DLL.  I'm not sure what the difference is.  If you are making calls from PB
then just use the standard PB calling syntax the same as if the object were
in a PBD.

0
Roland
11/3/1998 4:00:32 PM
OK.
But I have to use a DLL (created before from PB) without that I have the
PBL.
I would want to create the DLL one time and reuse it in some PB application
without compiling DLL one more.

I have to give a source PB application (PBL) to a customer, but I don't want
to give him some objects that I want to put in a DLL.

Roland Smith ha scritto nel messaggio ...
>When you create a DLL from a PB library it is not really a standard Windows
>DLL.  I'm not sure what the difference is.  If you are making calls from PB
>then just use the standard PB calling syntax the same as if the object were
>in a PBD.

0
Saul

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11
Hi, We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts application. This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204. I am able to build the dll on my development machine and properly register the dll on my development machine on windows 7. When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32. No error is displayed and the message box identifing that the registration was successful is never displayed. I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the powerbuilder runtime packager. I also deployed...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_C...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

Powerbuilder dll
I am curious to know what dll is required to interact between Powerbuilder 8.0.3 build 9933 and an Oracle 9i database? Where can this dll be found(i.e. download)? PB09080.DLL and it comes with PowerBuilder. It may have come in 8.04 or a later EBF though. On 27 Jul 2004 05:39:05 -0700, jeff s wrote: >I am curious to know what dll is required to interact >between Powerbuilder 8.0.3 build 9933 and an Oracle 9i >database? Where can this dll be found(i.e. download)? Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Vote for PocketBuilder in the Mobile Village awar...

Creating a dll in Powerbuilder for use by other apps???
Does anyone know how or if it is even possible to create a dll from Powerbuilder 6.5 code for use by other apps? No, you can't. You would need to use a MSVC++ or some other C/C++ IDE. steve [TeamPS] fdefranco wrote: > > Does anyone know how or if it is even possible to create a dll from > Powerbuilder 6.5 code for use by other apps? PB DLL's are not usable as DLL's in other applications. You can, however, create COM and OLE objects that can be used in other applications. Why would you want to do this though? regards, Bill Green fdefranco wrote...

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

PowerBuilder
Hi, Please change the name of PowerBuilder to something that is more publicly enticing. For instance, NetBuilder Pro, NetBuilder Deluxe, NetBuilder Gold, or something of the sort. Thanks, Ryan Hi Ryan, How about writing to "s.p.powerbuilder.futures_discussions" forum ? By the way, i think that they are about to call it "4GL plus". <Ryan Putnam> a �crit dans le message de news:4012a716.368.846930886@sybase.com... > Hi, > > Please change the name of PowerBuilder to something that is > more publicly enticing. For instance, NetBuilder P...

Why I should use PowerBuilder
I have used PB for 3.5 years now - I would not go back to VB (unless required by our client). Which is what may happen... I have a design meeting with an IT group to standardize their software applications. The IT group works for a health authority who has taken the initative to re-write all their current applications in one common programming language. I feel that PB is their best option but I can not find anything around that says... PB is better than <enter other tool> becuase ... Unfortunately, most of the people I will be meeting with have a MS background and use V...

Web resources about - Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles