Upgrade from powerbuilder 10.5 to 11.5

Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading
powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps
to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current
source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an
upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source.
Does this sound about right at all?

Many Thanks
0
Anish

Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have converted over 25
applications (most very large) from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any problems
(no additional steps or changes to objects or code was required, for us at
least).

The only caveat we found was for applications with EAServer. The Target
Files for EAServer targets need to be recreated using the EAServer Component
option when creating a NEW --> Target. You can create the target using an
existing library list, so even that is an easy task, just create, point to
the existing libraries, and re-deploy and you are set (of course, do not
forget to put the PB 11.5 PBVM on the EAServer, we're using EAServer 5.2 and
did not have problems).

Good luck to you with your upgrade (I really do recommend it, PB 11.5 offers
a lot of great new tools, one of my favorite visual change is the ability to
add gradients to datawindows which makes them look really sharp).

--
Dave Hauze

<Anish Mackan> wrote in message news:49a8169b.8bd.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading
> powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps
> to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current
> source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an
> upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source.
> Does this sound about right at all?
>
> Many Thanks

0
Dave
2/27/2009 5:06:50 PM
You don't have to be a TeamSybase member to answer questions.  In fact, it
was through answering questions that the current TeamSybase members became
members.  Keep up the good work.  We *want* non-team members in there
answering questions as well.

--
-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog:           http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
Fotki:           http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
LinkedIn:     http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter:        http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
"Dave Hauze" <david.hauze@steeldynamics.com> wrote in message
> Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have converted over 25
> applications (most very large) from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any
> problems (no additional steps or changes to objects or code was required,
> for us at least).
>
> The only caveat we found was for applications with EAServer. The Target
> Files for EAServer targets need to be recreated using the EAServer
> Component option when creating a NEW --> Target. You can create the target
> using an existing library list, so even that is an easy task, just create,
> point to the existing libraries, and re-deploy and you are set (of course,
> do not forget to put the PB 11.5 PBVM on the EAServer, we're using
> EAServer 5.2 and did not have problems).
>
> Good luck to you with your upgrade (I really do recommend it, PB 11.5
> offers a lot of great new tools, one of my favorite visual change is the
> ability to add gradients to datawindows which makes them look really
> sharp).
>
> --
> Dave Hauze
>

> <Anish Mackan> wrote in message news:49a8169b.8bd.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading
>> powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps
>> to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current
>> source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an
>> upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source.
>> Does this sound about right at all?
>>
>> Many Thanks

0
Bruce
2/27/2009 5:12:00 PM
You will absolutely be able to get by with the plan you have. If you
want to look at a more involved plan, have a look at the Migration
Guide on my site (see below).

Good luck,

Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten

On 27 Feb 2009 08:36:43 -0800, Anish Mackan wrote:

>Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading
>powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps
>to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current
>source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an
>upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source.
>Does this sound about right at all?
>
>Many Thanks

*********************************
Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
http://www.freerice.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated June 25/2008
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
2/27/2009 6:27:16 PM
http://www.techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/powerbuilder_migration.html
is worth reading.

You have already noted the most important point in a migration: keep the
original source and work with a copy. Glitches are rare, but can corrupt the
code beyond recognition. Also note that it is not a problem to have two
different base versions of PB running on the same machine - right now I have
9, 11, and 11.5.

--
Report Bugs: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

> Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have converted over 25
> applications (most very large) from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any
> problems (no additional steps or changes to objects or code was required,
> for us at least).
>
> The only caveat we found was for applications with EAServer. The Target
> Files for EAServer targets need to be recreated using the EAServer
> Component option when creating a NEW --> Target. You can create the target
> using an existing library list, so even that is an easy task, just create,
> point to the existing libraries, and re-deploy and you are set (of course,
> do not forget to put the PB 11.5 PBVM on the EAServer, we're using
> EAServer 5.2 and did not have problems).
>
> Good luck to you with your upgrade (I really do recommend it, PB 11.5
> offers a lot of great new tools, one of my favorite visual change is the
> ability to add gradients to datawindows which makes them look really
> sharp).
>
> --
> Dave Hauze
>

> <Anish Mackan> wrote in message news:49a8169b.8bd.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading
>> powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps
>> to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current
>> source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an
>> upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source.
>> Does this sound about right at all?
>>
>> Many Thanks

0
Jerry
2/27/2009 6:29:15 PM
Hi Guys, well i went through the migration and so far so
good.
My only question now is with regards to some powerbuilder
files, that we have been genericaly using.
Two files in particulary are no not present in PB115, can
anyone advise, the files are:

pbo84105.dll
liblog.dll

They were bot in the shared folder in PB10.5 but no longer
there in PB11.5

I assume the fisrt is an oracle driver? any ideas on the
other at all, thanks

> You don't have to be a TeamSybase member to answer
> questions.  In fact, it  was through answering questions
> that the current TeamSybase members became  members.  Keep
> up the good work.  We *want* non-team members in there
> answering questions as well.
>
> --
> -----------------------------------
>
> My Web 2.0 Stuff
>
> Blog:           http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
> Facebook:
> http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
> Fotki:           http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
> LinkedIn:     http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
> Twitter:        http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
> YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
> "Dave Hauze" <david.hauze@steeldynamics.com> wrote in
> message  news:49a81daa$1@forums-1-dub...
> > Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have
> > converted over 25  applications (most very large) from
> > PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any  problems (no additional
> > steps or changes to objects or code was required,  for
> us at least). >
> > The only caveat we found was for applications with
> > EAServer. The Target  Files for EAServer targets need to
> > be recreated using the EAServer  Component option when
> > creating a NEW --> Target. You can create the target
> using an existing library list, so even that is an easy
> > task, just create,  point to the existing libraries, and
> > re-deploy and you are set (of course,  do not forget to
> > put the PB 11.5 PBVM on the EAServer, we're using
> EAServer 5.2 and did not have problems). >
> > Good luck to you with your upgrade (I really do
> > recommend it, PB 11.5  offers a lot of great new tools,
> > one of my favorite visual change is the  ability to add
> > gradients to datawindows which makes them look really
> sharp). >
> > --
> > Dave Hauze
> >

> > <Anish Mackan> wrote in message
> news:49a8169b.8bd.1681692777@sybase.com... >> Hi, were are
> investigating the process of upgrading >> powerbuilder 105
> to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps >> to watch out
> for. my initial plan is to backup the current >> source.
> Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an >> upgrade
> of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source. >> Does this
> sound about right at all? >>
> >> Many Thanks

0
Anish
3/17/2009 10:48:21 AM
Hi Anish;

    PB 11.5 no longer supports Oracle 8.x - so that is why the
"pbo84105.dll" is not there. I have no idea what "liblog.dll" is - its not
in my PB 10 or 10.5 installations. Could this be from a 3rd party logging
utility?

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

<Anish Mackan> wrote in message news:49bf7ff5.6d14.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi Guys, well i went through the migration and so far so
> good.
> My only question now is with regards to some powerbuilder
> files, that we have been genericaly using.
> Two files in particulary are no not present in PB115, can
> anyone advise, the files are:
>
> pbo84105.dll
> liblog.dll
>
> They were bot in the shared folder in PB10.5 but no longer
> there in PB11.5
>
> I assume the fisrt is an oracle driver? any ideas on the
> other at all, thanks
>
>> You don't have to be a TeamSybase member to answer
>> questions.  In fact, it  was through answering questions
>> that the current TeamSybase members became  members.  Keep
>> up the good work.  We *want* non-team members in there
>> answering questions as well.
>>
>> --
>> -----------------------------------
>>
>> My Web 2.0 Stuff
>>
>> Blog:           http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
>> Facebook:
>> http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
>> Fotki:           http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
>> LinkedIn:     http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
>> Twitter:        http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
>> YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
>> "Dave Hauze" <david.hauze@steeldynamics.com> wrote in
>> message  news:49a81daa$1@forums-1-dub...
>> > Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have
>> > converted over 25  applications (most very large) from
>> > PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any  problems (no additional
>> > steps or changes to objects or code was required,  for
>> us at least). >
>> > The only caveat we found was for applications with
>> > EAServer. The Target  Files for EAServer targets need to
>> > be recreated using the EAServer  Component option when
>> > creating a NEW --> Target. You can create the target
>> using an existing library list, so even that is an easy
>> > task, just create,  point to the existing libraries, and
>> > re-deploy and you are set (of course,  do not forget to
>> > put the PB 11.5 PBVM on the EAServer, we're using
>> EAServer 5.2 and did not have problems). >
>> > Good luck to you with your upgrade (I really do
>> > recommend it, PB 11.5  offers a lot of great new tools,
>> > one of my favorite visual change is the  ability to add
>> > gradients to datawindows which makes them look really
>> sharp). >
>> > --
>> > Dave Hauze
>> >

>> > <Anish Mackan> wrote in message
>> news:49a8169b.8bd.1681692777@sybase.com... >> Hi, were are
>> investigating the process of upgrading >> powerbuilder 105
>> to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps >> to watch out
>> for. my initial plan is to backup the current >> source.
>> Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an >> upgrade
>> of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source. >> Does this
>> sound about right at all? >>

0
Chris

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Remote Debugging in EAS 5.5 and Powerbuilder 10.5.1
I just wanted the thank the user group for its help and input on remote debugging. The comments were helpful and ogt me finally going on debugging remote objects on EAS. i might add that I still had deployment problems in Powerbuilder 10.5.1. The properties for the deployed compent would be selectable in the but the debug property in the property file would be false. Strangely enough, it would show up in the component to debug list as selectable. I had event delete the component, made sure the remote debugging checkbox was not selected, and the component would still deploy as thou...

OpenSuSE 11.4 -> 11.5 with myaql upgrade from 5.1 to 5.5
Hi! I have upgraded my OpenSuSE-11.4 to 12.1 which includes an upgrade of my mysql from 5.1 to 5.5 and I have made a big mistake and not made an mysqldump of my database. Unfortunately now my mysql isn't starting and I get the message: 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.5 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: highe...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

Powerbuilder 11.5/EAServer5.5 ConnectToServer
OK, I don't have to configure development stations every day in fact the last time was 4+ years ago. I know this is simple but it's not coming to me at the moment. I've installed Powerbuilder 11.5. I've installed EAServer 5.5. I can connect to my server through EAServer manager. I can deploy objects from PB into EAServer. When I run my application, I'm getting a connecttoserver error 57, not connected to the server. application = 'PACKAGE01' /* Package on EAServer connectstring = '' location = 'laptop:9000' /* EAserver locat...

Powerbuilder 6.5 to 10.5 conversion
Is there a way to set drop down calender to checked during conversion on alle datawindows where the field is date and tab > 0? Or should I edit all datawindows and change the setting manually? Regards, Eric ...

Upgrade 6.5 to 10.5 or 11 ?
Hello, We have a legacy desktop application that uses SQLAnywhere database; app is currently PowerBuilder version 6.5. We have decided to finally upgrade and was assuming 10.5 version, however I see 11 is just out. I see it includes new SQLAnywhere 10 which appears to also have some great features. Is this a no-brainer. Should we just upgrade to version 11? My concern is a .0 first release with bugs to be uncovered and likely having to do a patch update in a couple months. Some of the new featutes in 11 sound fantastic (direct datawindow web service, .NET windows/web form depl...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

Upgrading to PowerBuilder 11.5
We are planning to upgrade from PowerBuilder 8 to 11.5 and I am looking for additional information. I need help in finding answers to these questions: 1) What are the production deployment options? Are there any build-in tools to help streamline deployment process (every user gets the latest copy)? 2) What source control tool is available with PowerBuilder 11.5? 3) What are 'New Security Tools' mentioned in the release notes? 4) What Runtime Packager and Resource Monitor do? 5) Stored procedure support? Does it include Oracle? 6) Is Save-As feature available for Excel? All...

Upgrade to 5.4.5 or 5.5
Hi, Currently we are running eBiz version 5.4.2.5 under Winodw2000. We are having cluster died issue since the beginning. Now we are planning to move to 5.4.6 or 5.5. Would someone help me to share if there are any serious issues with new versions (for windows)? Should we go with Win2000 or Win2003. Thanks Aftab Aftab,.. Our advise for this moment is to run impact 5.4.6. under Win2003. (See also your earlier replay on Carl's post) We do have some problems with startin a cluster from a earlier ersion of impact. The cluster won't start always correct or won't...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

Web resources about - Upgrade from powerbuilder 10.5 to 11.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles