Update PowerBuilder 6.5

Has anyone got this update and knows what is in it?
0
Chris
8/7/1998 4:59:34 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

How about this Mark? Preferential treatment from Sybase? Doug does not even have
a [Team PS] following his signature...

Roy (flying to LA tomorrow...)

Doug Harding wrote:

>I got mine yesterday.
>
>It contains;
>    PowerDesigner AppModeler
>    PowerDynamo
>    Sql Anywhere
>    PB 6.5
>    PowerSite
>    Jaguar CTS (NT only)
>    and the regular online books and infobases

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998 15:40:11 -0400,
Mark Pfeifer[TeamPS] <see_msg@sprynet.com> wrote:
>PB 6.5 is not out. I am sure you will hear more after the conference next
>week.
>
>Mark
>
>--
>Mark Pfeifer            Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
>Team Powersoft             Emerging Technology Solutions
>mpfeifer@ sprynet.com            www.ctpartners.com

Roy Kiesler
Software Engineer
Logica Inc.
mailto://kieslerr@logica.com
0
Roy
8/7/1998 7:02:24 PM

Chris Schmidt wrote:

> Has anyone got this update and knows what is in it?

0
Doug
8/7/1998 7:34:30 PM
PB 6.5 is not out. I am sure you will hear more after the conference next
week.

Mark

--
Mark Pfeifer            Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
Team Powersoft             Emerging Technology Solutions
mpfeifer@ sprynet.com            www.ctpartners.com

0
see_msg
8/7/1998 7:40:11 PM
You can find it here http://www.sybase.com/inc/corpinfo/press/261e.htm

Chris Schmidt wrote in message <35CB3276.6BB4@idsos.state.id.us>...
>Has anyone got this update and knows what is in it?

0
Peter
8/12/1998 7:38:09 AM
Good luck downloading pb 6.5 I get a time out after 10 minutes trying to
download.

Chris Schmidt wrote:

> Has anyone got this update and knows what is in it?

0
Ahmad
8/13/1998 8:03:05 PM
I just downloaded it this morning, all 23.8 lovely megs of zip file.

Bart O'Toole

Ahmad Ghosheh wrote:

> Good luck downloading pb 6.5 I get a time out after 10 minutes trying to
> download.
>
> Chris Schmidt wrote:
>
> > Has anyone got this update and knows what is in it?

0
Bart
8/14/1998 1:00:50 PM
I pulled it down the other day. The 6.5 on the web-site is basically the
maintenance that was in PB 6.0.1 Betas, best I can tell. It has solved
some of our problems with datawindow scrolling, etc. that the 6.0.1 Beta
did.

Ahmad Ghosheh wrote:

> Good luck downloading pb 6.5 I get a time out after 10 minutes trying to
> download.
>
> Chris Schmidt wrote:
>
> > Has anyone got this update and knows what is in it?
0
Dsmith
8/14/1998 6:35:19 PM
>> How about this Mark? Preferential treatment from Sybase? Doug does not
even have
a [Team PS] following his signature... <<

Any people say we get stuff... Geez<g>

Mark

--
Mark Pfeifer            Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
Team Powersoft             Emerging Technology Solutions
mpfeifer@ sprynet.com            www.ctpartners.com

0
see_msg

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

PowerBuilder 6.5 update
Does anyone know where to find a list of fixes that 6.5 is supposed to fix.. I cant find them anywhere Of what I've seen so far (I'm working from a failed download, which InstallShield doesn't seem to have figured out before trying to run the first Install.Exe it could find), it's not entirely clear, but it's there. From 65Maint.txt that comes with the install: >>> Thank you for choosing PowerBuilder as your development tool! Please read this document to learn about last minute updates to the product and documentation. For updated technical bulletins p...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

Access Violation in PowerBuilder 6.5 and 6.5.1
I'm migrating a big Application from PowerBuilder 5.04 to 6.5.1. There was no problem in migrating the *.pbl. When Creating the native Executable for Windows NT 4.0, there is a Dr. Watson in pb60.exe (Access Violation). The compiler switches are set the following way: 1) Rebuild -> Full 2) Machine Code -> Yes (Checked) 3) Trace Information -> No (Not Checked) 4) Error Context Information -> No (Not Checked) 5) Executable Format -> Native 6) Optimization -> Speed 7) For each Library has to be created a dll. Therefore the checkbox is checked for each Library...

Upgrade Powerbuilder 6.5.0444 to 6.5.1
I have Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444 installed, but the application I'm now supporting was built using 6.5.1. Is there anywhere I can get the upgrade to 6.5.1? When I go to the downloads area of this site it asks me for client support which I don't think I have? Thanks Hi Gary; Sorry to say .. but, I think the only PB 6.x copies are in the Smithsonian. :-( The only hope you might have is through Sybase Technical Support. Good luck. -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/pro...

Converting current code (Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to newest version of Powerbuilder?
Hi, can anyone tell me what you have to do in order to convert existing code (applications) (created under Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to the newest version of Powerbuilder (at least PB 8) and what it would take to use that code (applications) on the web, I do understand that the newer versions of PB have a web datawindow, is that all we would need to use to move our applications to the web? Thanks Look in this newsgroup aroung 01/08/02 for "Applications on the Web" (started by "John") for a good stream of information. JKerstens <John.Kerstens@gnb.ca> wrot...

Performance Issue with PowerBuilder 6.5 Native Drivers and MSSQL 6.5
Hi, I'm having a performance issue with the PB 6.5 Native driver with MSSQL 6.5, if i'm using the ODBC my request to the database are responding really fast, but i want to use to Native drivers. Before i was using the 16 bit Native drivers and it was working fine, but since i've changed to the 32 bit PB 6.5 native driver, most of my db request are really slow. I've search on the sybase infobase and i can't find anything... Could somebody give my advise.... Thanks Mark ...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Web resources about - Update PowerBuilder 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles