Top Statement and INDEX= Statement in Datawindow SQL Painter

Hi,
Is there any way to put TOP and INDEX statement into Sql definition in
Datawindow painter in graphical view.

I know that I can go to "Convert to Sytax" but I want to learn if there is
an option like "DISTINCT" in painter.

SQL Example:
Select TOP 100 Name,Surname FROM Names (INDEX = INX_name)

Thanks for all
Ali

0
Ali

'Top 100' you can do by making the first item in the select list a computed
column
TOP 100 Name
I can't think of a way of doing Index.

I never use graphical mode for anything other than very simple queries (and
usually not even then).  For anything at all sophisticated, graphical mode
gets in the way and can make it hard to work out what's going on.  For these
I'd recommend always using Syntax mode.

Simon

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

"Ali" <ali@ali> wrote in message news:z13Ku5ipCHA.130@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi,
> Is there any way to put TOP and INDEX statement into Sql definition in
> Datawindow painter in graphical view.
>
> I know that I can go to "Convert to Sytax" but I want to learn if there is
> an option like "DISTINCT" in painter.
>
> SQL Example:
> Select TOP 100 Name,Surname FROM Names (INDEX = INX_name)
>
> Thanks for all
> Ali

0
Simon

SQL statement and If statement
I've problem, it's in sqlcommand it's in "where" condition, which if it's exist in sql the "ELSE" not work, and if the condition not in sqlcommand the "ELSE" appear, could someone help  it's in selectcommand.CommandText = "SELECT Weekno FROM Weeks where Weekno='" + Weekno.Text + "'" if i delete the condition the " ELSE " appear. otherwise it's not appear whole code Dim myconnection As New SqlConnection("Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\football.mdf;Integrated S...

If Statement combined with SQL statement.
Hi  This is going to sound like quite  a strange question. Basically what I am trying to do is use Membership.GetUser().UserName to get the current user who is logged in and I want to see if that user exists in a table on my database before adding some data to the labels. I figured it should go in the page load part. The name of the table is userteams. Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) If Membership.GetUser().UserName exists in Userteams Then goallie.Text = Select player FROM Userteams Where Username = Membership.getUser().Use...

Adding an IF Statement to the SQL Statement
I have the following tables and SQL statment which works out a league table for me from the given results. I am now trying to add a bit more to this: If the Walkover column = 1 then that row will be a home walkover meaning that the score will be 0(Home Score) - 0(Away Score) but the home team will recieve 3 points, and away team recieves 0 points, win column will be 1 and the played colum will be 1 as well.If the Walkover column = 2 then that row will be a home walkover meaning that the score will be 0(Home Score) - 0(Away Score) but the away team will recieve 3 po...

General SQL statement?
Once I have a table in SQLAnywhere 5.5.04, is there any way to generate a SQL statement that would have created it? Someone else needs to recreate the structure of my table and I'd like to send them a SQL statement that they could use to do so. One way to do it is to (for example, you need foo_table TABLE): 1) unload database (can be done from Sybase Central) into foo.sql 2) copy "CREATE TABLE foo_table" command where you need it... Petar Rick Charnes wrote: > > Once I have a table in SQLAnywhere 5.5.04, is there any way to generate > a SQL stateme...

SQL statement in datawindow
In my Datawindow painter, I would like to use "LIKE" in the where clause of my SQL SELECT STATEMENT, but it doesn't seem to show the correct results. I want to show the results from the database where the input (a retireval argument) matches anything that's entered close to that entry. I tried something like this: ie. SELECT name, address, city, province, postal_code WHERE name like '%(:name)%'; How can I use LIKE in the WHERE clause where string I am trying to match is an input retrieval argument? where name like '%' + :name + '%&#...

Viewing a SPIDs last SQL statement using sqltext()...though sometimes only partial SQL statements are shown
The dbcc sqltext() command seems to allow you to view the last SQL statement issued by an active SPID on the server. However I've noticed that sometimes only part of the SQL statement is returned - does anyone know why this might be, and if so whether it's due to a server configuration. Anyway, here's my notes on how to view the last SQL statement processed: ** How to see the last SQL a SPID has processed -- dbcc traceon(3604) Directs trace output to the client, rather than to the error log 1> dbcc traceon(3604) 2> go DBCC execution completed. If DBCC pr...

sql statement datename and not in equivalent to linq statement
Hi,     How can I translate this sql syntax statement to a linq to sql codes?? I like to separate records that are in first group, monday to saturday but date not in holidays table, and in second group, either sunday or date in holidays table...  /*Sql statement */ /*Mon to Sat group and not a holiday*/ Select * From Deliveries where DateName(dw,DeliveryDate) != 'Sunday' and DeliveryDate Not In (Select Date From Holidays) /*Sun & holiday group*/ Select * From Deliveries where DateName(dw,DeliveryDate) = 'Sunday' or DeliveryDat...

Help! How to modify the sql select statement for a nested datawindow inside a composite datawindow?
Help! How to modify the sql select statement for a nested datawindow inside a composite datawindow? Would the following work? dw_nest.Object.DataWindow.Table.Select="select employee_id from ..." Please help. jungan@aboex.com GetChild () ??? "Jun Gan" <jungan@aboex.com> wrote in message news:40e48313$1@forums-2-dub... > Help! > > How to modify the sql select statement for a nested datawindow inside a > composite datawindow? > > Would the following work? > > dw_nest.Object.DataWindow.Table.Select="select e...

RE: SQL::Statement cannot parse valid Postgresql statement
> From: Terrence Brannon [mailto:metaperl@mac.com] > > On Monday, December 10, 2001, at 09:16 AM, Jeff Zucker wrote: > > > Terrence Brannon wrote: > >> > >> The following SQL is not parseable by SQL::Statement: > >> > >> INSERT > >> INTO thot_log (thot_fk,thot_type_fk,thot_temporality_fk,date) > >> VALUES (?,?,?,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) > > What I have is a program which reads a SQL statement from a file. > It parses it with SQL::Statement, then it prepares this > statement, then does an ...

String with statements to Concatenation with select statement and execute that statement
Hi I have variable @str='%dataset% or Question like %DataReader%' to concatenate with Select *from Question where Question like @str Here is one of the Column Name Question use something like this (But do remember you have SQL Injection threat with this kind of approach.) CREATE PROCEDURE <<NAME>> @str as varchar(500) AS declare @strQuery as varchar(1000) set @strQuery = 'SELECT * FROM Question WHERE ' + @str execute(@strQuery) to run this, it would have to be like this  exec ('Select * from Question where Question like &#...

How do I pass an SQL statement to a datawindow?
Hello, I am creating a custom query module for my application. In that module I build the SQL statement (SELECT column1 FROM table1...), in my application, based on the criteria the user selects. I now need to display the records and I figured I could do that by passing the SQL to the datawindow and have the datawindow do the retrieval and formatting of the columns but I couldn't find any way to do that. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!! Take a look at SyntaxFromSQL function. Look at example 2 specifically Hope this helps Anil Lou wrote: >...

How do I pass an SQL statement to a datawindow?
Hello, I am creating a custom query module for my application. In that module I build the SQL statement (SELECT column1 FROM table1...), in my application, based on the criteria the user selects. I now need to display the records and I figured I could do that by passing the SQL to the datawindow and have the datawindow do the retrieval and formatting of the columns but I couldn't find any way to do that. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!! Take a look at SyntaxFromSQL function. Look at example 2 specifically Hope this helps Anil Lou wrote: >...

Please Help me:SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database error ??? -- transaction rolled back SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database
Hi all, I am using Adaptive Server Anywhere 8 version 8.0.2.4239. I am able to sync successfully between 2 desktops with the same version. When I am trying to sync with my pocket pc device version 8.0.4122, Towards the end of Synchronization (nearly 95% completed) ,I am getting this error "E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database error ??? -- transaction rolled back E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database" The log file contains E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database er...

Dynamic SQL delete statement not supported by select statement
while trying to update my data through code i am getting "Dynamic SQL delete statement not supported by select statement which doesnt return any key value" error.I am wondering what is wrong and where Could you please elaborate more on the scenario that you are trying to delete ie. post some code.Mohammad Musa, Bangladesh...

Web resources about - Top Statement and INDEX= Statement in Datawindow SQL Painter - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo