To use a Ms Access view having parameter in powerbuilder

I am using MS Access 2007 database in powerbuilder 11.2
Application. I create a view there with parameter .

Example
View is 'Select * from sales_tbl' . Parameter is MonthNo =
ar_motn

How I can call this view in a datawindow .

Please help very urgent
Pol
0
Pol

On Dec 16, 8:20=A0pm, Pol wrote:
> I am using MS Access 2007 database in powerbuilder 11.2
> Application. I create a view there with parameter .
>
> Example
> View is 'Select * from sales_tbl' . Parameter is MonthNo =3D
> ar_motn
>
> How I can call this view in a datawindow .
>
> Please help very urgent
> Pol

Why use the view? just add the query directly to the datawindow with a
retrieval argument;

Select * from sales_tbl where  MonthNo =3D :ar_motn

0
Jeremy
12/16/2009 11:15:34 AM
No, That is not possible,

I have to bring 2008 sales, 2009 sales in a two column to
show the graph. 2008 and 2009 will not be  constant. If the
user  select the either year 2009 and 2008  or 2008 and 2007
, in all such cases I  have to  bring the data of concerend
years. Please advice. So I meant to give the parameter as
year for my databse view.

With thanks

Pol

> On Dec 16, 8:20=a0pm, Pol wrote:
> > I am using MS Access 2007 database in powerbuilder 11.2
> > Application. I create a view there with parameter .
> >
> > Example
> > View is 'Select * from sales_tbl' . Parameter is MonthNo
> > ar_motn >
> > How I can call this view in a datawindow .
> >
> > Please help very urgent
> > Pol
>
> Why use the view? just add the query directly to the
> datawindow with a retrieval argument;
>
> Select * from sales_tbl where  MonthNo =3d :ar_motn

0
Pol
12/16/2009 12:35:52 PM
A "database view" is merely a parameterised query.
Just build the parameterised query directly in PB's datawindow query
painter.

On Dec 16, 10:35=A0pm, Pol wrote:
> No, That is not possible,
>
> I have to bring 2008 sales, 2009 sales in a two column to
> show the graph. 2008 and 2009 will not be =A0constant. If the
> user =A0select the either year 2009 and 2008 =A0or 2008 and 2007
> , in all such cases I =A0have to =A0bring the data of concerend
> years. Please advice. So I meant to give the parameter as
> year for my databse view.
>
> With thanks
>
> Pol
>
> > On Dec 16, 8:20=A0pm, Pol wrote:
> > > I am using MS Access 2007 database in powerbuilder 11.2
> > > Application. I create a view there with parameter .
>
> > > Example
> > > View is 'Select * from sales_tbl' . Parameter is MonthNo
> > > ar_motn >
> > > How I can call this view in a datawindow .
>
> > > Please help very urgent
> > > Pol
>
> > Why use the view? just add the query directly to the
> > datawindow with a retrieval argument;
>
> > Select * from sales_tbl where =A0MonthNo =3D :ar_motn

0
Jeremy
12/16/2009 3:22:25 PM
I bet the OP is creating a CrossTab query to represent the data ... and this
is why you have different 'columns' of data.

On Dec 16, 10:35 pm, Pol wrote:
> No, That is not possible,
>
> I have to bring 2008 sales, 2009 sales in a two column to
> show the graph. 2008 and 2009 will not be constant. If the
> user select the either year 2009 and 2008 or 2008 and 2007
> , in all such cases I have to bring the data of concerend
> years. Please advice. So I meant to give the parameter as
> year for my databse view.
>
> With thanks
>
> Pol
>
> > On Dec 16, 8:20 pm, Pol wrote:
> > > I am using MS Access 2007 database in powerbuilder 11.2
> > > Application. I create a view there with parameter .
>
> > > Example
> > > View is 'Select * from sales_tbl' . Parameter is MonthNo
> > > ar_motn >
> > > How I can call this view in a datawindow .
>
> > > Please help very urgent
> > > Pol
>
> > Why use the view? just add the query directly to the
> > datawindow with a retrieval argument;
>
> > Select * from sales_tbl where MonthNo = :ar_motn

0
jeff

Using MS Access with Powerbuilder
I created a database in MS Access 97 and when I tried opening up the tables in the Database painter, all the 'text' field sizes were doubled. I can't even alter the table. Please help. I am using PowerBuilder version 6.5.1 and version 6. Hey... you forgot about not being able to alter the table!! ...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP
My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection fails. I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation" I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect. Any help would be great. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP. Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure you setup th...

Why Will I Use PowerBuilder VS MS Access or Visual Basic
Hello, We currently have an application that started to a small beginning and after three years of existence now grown to be a big fellow. We started (they started I may say) by using MS Access V2.0 and I helped them to migrate to MS Access 97. The back end database is Sybase 11.9.5 seating in AIX. As you can see the database is in a high end but the front end is not quite secure. The application is doing what its suppose to do, but maintenance and distributing it is quite a nightmare because of the size of the MDB file which at most go up to 60MB (if you are familiar with MS Ac...

Connect to MS Access using OLEDB with Powerbuilder 6.5
Can i connect to MS Access using OLEDB with Powerbuilder 6.5 ? Please an example of connection string. Anyone can tell me, please... Thanks.. Me parece que con PB 6.5 no es posible, ya que no recuerdo haber visto conecciones del tipo OLE DB, te recomiendo que migres a PB 7.0 Spaceman <bruni76@tin.it> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias sUOFdx5JAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Can i connect to MS Access using OLEDB with Powerbuilder 6.5 ? > Please an example of connection string. > > Anyone can tell me, please... Thanks.. > > > ...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

MS ACCESS and powerbuilder
Dear sir/madam I am Mr. Teo. Currently i work in a furnace firm as a system administrator. I need to write some program in order to link up the system in the office. However, i met some problems by using powerbuilder 5.0 and ms Access. 1) I compile by program as .exe but it cannot be executed in other computer which do not have powerbuilder 5.0 installed. I did install powerbuilder run time kit. The error message appear after i execute .exe is "db profile not found or db specify driver not installed". I am using MS Access as my database. Could you advise me that what shou...

PowerBuilder With MS Access
How to select data from MS Access database and display that data with sle or listbox ... select into and fetch, both working with SQL Anyware but not working with MS Access. Please somebody help me .. Thanks. I haven't had any problem with this, unless the column is of type OLEobject. What does your code look like? <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:862A388182456D4F002D7E7985256982.002D7E8085256982@webforums... &gt; How to select data from MS Access database and display that data<BR> &gt; with sle or listbox ... select into and fetch, both wo...

Using MS VSS with PowerBuilder
I was wondering if anyone was using MS VSS with PowerBuilder and if so, are you able to check in/out PB objects that are within an individual PBL file either the 'same'or 'similar' as you would with the Native PB Source Control? Thank you. Chris; Yes! FYI: we are using VSS 6.0 here at a client site with PB 8.0.4, PB 9.0.2 and PB 10.2. Chris <Chris B.> wrote in message news:429e0b4f.5768.1681692777@sybase.com... > I was wondering if anyone was using MS VSS with PowerBuilder > and if so, are you able to check in/out PB objects that are > with...

MS Mappoint use with PowerBuilder
Has anyone integrated MS Mappoint with PowerBuilder? If so, is there a white paper on the best approach to use? Any help would be appreciated. http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/article.cfm?id=598 On 27 Oct 2004 13:37:54 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex <Bill Gaddis> wrote: >Has anyone integrated MS Mappoint with PowerBuilder? If so, >is there a white paper on the best approach to use? Any >help would be appreciated. ...

MS Access and Powerbuilder Desktop
I am learning PowerBuilder Desktop (6.0) and would like to use a local Access database. Is there a Tech article somewhere that explains this process? Is this process the same or easier with 7.0? thanks. -- Mark Micklich markmick@pacbell.net It is same. If you are learning PB then SqlAnywhere DB is better choice. Access does not support Trrigers or Stored Procedures, SQL Anywhere does. SQL Anywhere is shipped with PB. On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 22:21:35 -0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Mark Micklich <markmick@pacbell.net> wrote: >I am learn...

run MS Access queries from PowerBuilder
Hi all I use PB5.03 and Oracle 7.3. For some reason I've been asked to use MS Access 97 to create and populate tables using 'Make Table Queries'. The queries are defined on the MS Access97 tables linked to Oracle. I've no problem in connecting to MS Access97 and accessing those tables. But how do I run those queries from PowerBuilder. My colleague, who is a VB developer, says queries can be run from VB by issuing execute. Do we have any such facilities like that in PB? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Dalfina Dalfina Daz wrote: > Hi all > ...

Accessing BYTEA column using Powerbuilder
Hi How does one access data in a BYTEA column on a POSTGRES database TIA ...

Web resources about - To use a Ms Access view having parameter in powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles