To change database from Acess into MySQL database

I want to change my database from Access to MYSQL . I can connect Ms Access
database using the following syntax. Please let me know how I can connect mysql
database same as that of access connectivity as given below

[database]
DBMS=ODBC
DBParm = ConnectString='Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\testdata\employee.mdb;Uid=;Pwd='
AutoCommit=FALSE

with thanks
Polachan

Polachan
2/2/2009 4:58:52 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 14 followers. Follow

This article should help:

http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/42600

You'll need to download MyODBC from the MySQL website. Instructions
are in the article.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

PowerBuilder Blog:
http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/

On 2 Feb 2009 08:58:52 -0800, "Polachan" <POLACHAN> wrote:

>I want to change my database from Access to MYSQL . I can connect Ms Access
>database using the following syntax. Please let me know how I can connect mysql
>database same as that of access connectivity as given below
>
>[database]
>DBMS=ODBC
>DBParm = ConnectString='Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
>(*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\testdata\employee.mdb;Uid=;Pwd='
>AutoCommit=FALSE
>
>with thanks
>Polachan
>
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
0
Dave
2/2/2009 5:41:38 PM
You seem to be gravitating to "free" databases. May I point out that,
included with your PB license, you've been given SQL Anywhere,
including a license to distribute the runtime engine for use with your
PB apps for free. With SQL Anywhere, you'll have much more power,
better performance, and in most cases better memory footprint than
either of the other solutions you've mentioned. (And, we won't mention
how much these "free" solutions seem to be costing you in terms of
running up against technical problems. <g>)

Just something to consider.

Good luck,

Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten

On 2 Feb 2009 08:58:52 -0800, "Polachan" <POLACHAN> wrote:

>I want to change my database from Access to MYSQL . I can connect Ms Access
>database using the following syntax. Please let me know how I can connect mysql
>database same as that of access connectivity as given below
>
>[database]
>DBMS=ODBC
>DBParm = ConnectString='Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
>(*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\testdata\employee.mdb;Uid=;Pwd='
>AutoCommit=FALSE
>
>with thanks
>Polachan
>
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

*********************************
Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
http://www.freerice.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated June 25/2008
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
2/2/2009 7:56:05 PM
and don't forget Pipelines when it's time to move the data.

"Dave Fish [Sybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> wrote in message
> This article should help:
>
> http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/42600
>
> You'll need to download MyODBC from the MySQL website. Instructions
> are in the article.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> PowerBuilder Blog:
> http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/
>
> On 2 Feb 2009 08:58:52 -0800, "Polachan" <POLACHAN> wrote:
>
>>I want to change my database from Access to MYSQL . I can connect Ms
>>Access
>>database using the following syntax. Please let me know how I can connect
>>mysql
>>database same as that of access connectivity as given below
>>
>>[database]
>>DBMS=ODBC
>>DBParm = ConnectString='Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
>>(*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\testdata\employee.mdb;Uid=;Pwd='
>>AutoCommit=FALSE
>>
>>with thanks
>>Polachan
>>
>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Jerry
2/2/2009 8:49:58 PM
But be aware of the limitations of the free version of the runtime engine:
"PowerBuilder includes SQL Anywhere for use during the development process.
However, this product cannot be deployed royalty-free to your users.

If your application requires the data definition language (DDL), a
transaction log, stored procedures, or triggers, see your Sybase sales
representative.

If your application uses a standalone database, you can deploy the SQL
Anywhere Desktop Runtime System to users' computers without incurring
additional license fees. The runtime system allows the user to retrieve and
modify data in the database, but does not allow modifications to the
database schema. It does not support transaction logs, stored procedures, or
triggers."

Standalone in this context means single user. If you need to share the
database, you need a paid version.

"Terry Voth [TeamSybase]" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message
> You seem to be gravitating to "free" databases. May I point out that,
> included with your PB license, you've been given SQL Anywhere,
> including a license to distribute the runtime engine for use with your
> PB apps for free. With SQL Anywhere, you'll have much more power,
> better performance, and in most cases better memory footprint than
> either of the other solutions you've mentioned. (And, we won't mention
> how much these "free" solutions seem to be costing you in terms of
> running up against technical problems. <g>)
>
> Just something to consider.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On 2 Feb 2009 08:58:52 -0800, "Polachan" <POLACHAN> wrote:
>
>>I want to change my database from Access to MYSQL . I can connect Ms
>>Access
>>database using the following syntax. Please let me know how I can connect
>>mysql
>>database same as that of access connectivity as given below
>>
>>[database]
>>DBMS=ODBC
>>DBParm = ConnectString='Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
>>(*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\testdata\employee.mdb;Uid=;Pwd='
>>AutoCommit=FALSE
>>
>>with thanks
>>Polachan
>>
>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>
> *********************************
> Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
> http://www.freerice.com
> *********************************
> Newsgroup User Manual
> =====================
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 4.0.4 now available at the Sandbox
> PB Futures updated June 25/2008
> See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=

0
Jerry
2/2/2009 8:49:58 PM
..postgresql..

"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>>Polachan
>>>
>>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>>
>> *********************************
>> Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
>> http://www.freerice.com
>> *********************************
>> Newsgroup User Manual
>> =====================
>> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
>> Forums = Peer-to-peer
>> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
>> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
>> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
>>
>> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
>> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
>> Version 4.0.4 now available at the Sandbox
>> PB Futures updated June 25/2008
>> See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox

0
jeff