TFS status wrong in powerbuilder GUI after refresh status

Hi,

I perform GetLatestVersion for all objects in project,
someone do a change and commit. I see in powerBuilder IDE
that object not at last version that's ok. But, i select
this objects and getlatest version, the status change for is
at last version. I close PB and  reopen PB i go to see this
objet after that and i wait the refresh is completed and
this status is again not as last version.

Is TFS source control the status is latest = Yes. Is the
same time for all other object that not modify myself in
this project.

Any idea?

Ty
0
Pat

What version & build of PowerBuilder are you using?

<Pat> wrote in message news:4b44db90.585f.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> I perform GetLatestVersion for all objects in project,
> someone do a change and commit. I see in powerBuilder IDE
> that object not at last version that's ok. But, i select
> this objects and getlatest version, the status change for is
> at last version. I close PB and  reopen PB i go to see this
> objet after that and i wait the refresh is completed and
> this status is again not as last version.
>
> Is TFS source control the status is latest = Yes. Is the
> same time for all other object that not modify myself in
> this project.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Ty

0
Roland
1/6/2010 7:15:55 PM
We've had that issue as well (with PB 10.5.2).  For us it turns out
the problem most often is that the code for the object is actually
updated, but the comments for the object found in the export header
are not updated in the GLV process.  Since in this version of PB you
can still edit object comments without checking out the object, we
just manually edit the comment so the erroneous out-of-sync icon goes
away.

Mike

On Jan 6, 12:50=A0pm, Pat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I perform GetLatestVersion for all objects in project,
> someone do a change and commit. I see in powerBuilder IDE
> that object not at last version that's ok. But, i select
> this objects and getlatest version, the status change for is
> at last version. I close PB and =A0reopen PB i go to see this
> objet after that and i wait the refresh is completed and
> this status is again not as last version.
>
> Is TFS source control the status is latest =3D Yes. Is the
> same time for all other object that not modify myself in
> this project.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Ty

0
Mike
1/7/2010 2:07:46 PM
Remember - you don't need to do a GLV to get the latest "STATUS"
information.  You only need to do a Refresh Status for that.
GetLatestVersion actually gets the CODE for the tip revision when your local
workspace is showing the "out of sync" icon.

And never EVER use the Select All button in the GetLatestVersion dialog.
EVER!

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/

<Pat> wrote in message news:4b44db90.585f.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> I perform GetLatestVersion for all objects in project,
> someone do a change and commit. I see in powerBuilder IDE
> that object not at last version that's ok. But, i select
> this objects and getlatest version, the status change for is
> at last version. I close PB and  reopen PB i go to see this
> objet after that and i wait the refresh is completed and
> this status is again not as last version.
>
> Is TFS source control the status is latest = Yes. Is the
> same time for all other object that not modify myself in
> this project.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Ty

0
Paul
1/7/2010 5:14:07 PM
Why is that?
"Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> wrote in message
> Remember - you don't need to do a GLV to get the latest "STATUS"
> information.  You only need to do a Refresh Status for that.
> GetLatestVersion actually gets the CODE for the tip revision when your
> local workspace is showing the "out of sync" icon.
>

> And never EVER use the Select All button in the GetLatestVersion dialog.
> EVER!
>
> --
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/
>
> <Pat> wrote in message news:4b44db90.585f.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I perform GetLatestVersion for all objects in project,
>> someone do a change and commit. I see in powerBuilder IDE
>> that object not at last version that's ok. But, i select
>> this objects and getlatest version, the status change for is
>> at last version. I close PB and  reopen PB i go to see this
>> objet after that and i wait the refresh is completed and
>> this status is again not as last version.
>>
>> Is TFS source control the status is latest = Yes. Is the
>> same time for all other object that not modify myself in
>> this project.
>>
>> Any idea?
>>
>> Ty

Because it was never designed to work as a "bootstrap import" feature.  That
requires a two-pass approach.  The first pass imports only object
signatures.  The second brings in the code.  This helps resolve any circular
dependencies.  If you need a full refresh of EVERYTHING, use OrcaScript with
the IMPORT_ONLY option.

The GLV dialog will show you exactly which objects it thinks are out of
sync.  Just accept that list and press OK.
Think about it - what are the chances that 100% of your local workspace is
out of sync with the latest and greatest object revisions?

--

"g duvall" <gduvall_at_rejis_dot_org> wrote in message
> Why is that?
> "Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> wrote in message
>> Remember - you don't need to do a GLV to get the latest "STATUS"
>> information.  You only need to do a Refresh Status for that.
>> GetLatestVersion actually gets the CODE for the tip revision when your
>> local workspace is showing the "out of sync" icon.
>>

>> And never EVER use the Select All button in the GetLatestVersion dialog.
>> EVER!
>>
>> --
>> Paul Horan[Sybase]
>> http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/
>>
>> <Pat> wrote in message news:4b44db90.585f.1681692777@sybase.com...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I perform GetLatestVersion for all objects in project,
>>> someone do a change and commit. I see in powerBuilder IDE
>>> that object not at last version that's ok. But, i select
>>> this objects and getlatest version, the status change for is
>>> at last version. I close PB and  reopen PB i go to see this
>>> objet after that and i wait the refresh is completed and
>>> this status is again not as last version.
>>>
>>> Is TFS source control the status is latest = Yes. Is the
>>> same time for all other object that not modify myself in
>>> this project.
>>>
>>> Any idea?
>>>
>>> Ty

0
Paul

Current status of Powerbuilder
Last time I used Powerbuilder it was version 5. We still needed to use PB DLLs with exe's for distribution There was no integrated Database Modelling Tool Has anything changed or is it still very much the same regards steve Steve, In the future, please post pure PowerBuilder questions in powersoft.public.powersoft.general. This newsgroup is for issues related to PowerBuilder components running within EA Server. That being said, here are my 2 cents on your thoughts: - With 7 (and maybe even 6), you only need to deploy the PB VM DLL, the DW DLL (if you use dat...

Status of the status bar
I want to start a quick thread with everyone cc'd so that we can make sure everyone is on the same page with the status bar. My impression from Myk and Dietrich is that the status bar is being replaced with an extension bar (which jetpacks add themselves to), and the extension bar is an entirely new piece of UI (different id, doesn't contain any Firefox specific UI, possibly different styling to account for an option of having larger icons). So while the extension bar, containing jetpacks, can be enabled and disabled by the user, the status bar as it exists today would no long...

Status of PowerBuilder 8.0
I have several questions about PowerBuilder 8.0. What is the status of PowerBuilder 8.0? Is PowerBuilder 8.0 scheduled for release in 1st/2nd qtr of 2000? Please send me any info on PowerBuilder 8.0. Thanks, DCS David.Sommer@RICH.FRB.ORG PowerBuilder 8.0 is under development. There have been no announcements yet as to what the release date will be, or when the beta program will begin. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developers Network (SDN) - http:///www.sybase.com/sdn "David Sommer" <David.Sommer@rich.frb.org> wrot...

How to find printer status from Powerbuilder
Hi Friends, I need to know from my powerbuilder application the printers status in the network. Anybody can give any idea ? TIA RAO -- NARAYANA SUDANAGUNTA 115 NUTMEGLANE #111 EAST HORTFORD ,CT-06118 1-860-263-6438(work) 1-860-895-8279(HOME) Check out printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com for getting the printer status.. "narayana" <narayanarao@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:q48CXUCJBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Hi Friends, > > I need to know from my powerbuilder application the printers status in the > network. > &g...

Status of Support for PowerBuilder Clientside Extended Attributes
I want to know what the status of support for PowerBuilder Clientside extended attributes in PowerDesigner. Any information you could provide regarding the status of this would be greatly appreciated. As far as I can tell, the support was dropped after appmodeler v6, true? Thank you, Petro You are correct that the client side extended attributes were indeed dropped after V6. If you look at the new V9 trial, you will notice that the overall functionality is much better, and with the new VBS capabilities, you might be able to work around any deficiencies. Anyone else have an...

#de-status on de-status
Hi all, As you might've noticed - by getting way fewer e-mails from me :-) - is = that I've stopped sending the de-status e-mails. It has usually been just me and Sheppy, and Janet at times, doing it for = a good number of months. Not much point if there's only 2-3 people doing = it, if you ask me. I understand that it can be good to see if anything has been missed, but = overall, I believe the e-mails are probably more of a nuance than a = useful resource. At best, people skim through them (speaking from my own = experience), and that's it. And it doesn't real...

Bad Status engine status
In the Sybase Administrator's guide, it says that you can get the status of your database engines with this query select engine, status, affinitied, starttime from sysengines I receive the following from this query: engine status affinitied starttime ------ ------------ ----------- ------------------------- 0 bad status 3 2001-04-16 20:53:39.483 1 bad status 2 2001-04-16 20:54:16.78 2 bad status 0 2001-04-16 20:54:16.78 3 online 3 2001-04-16 20:54:16.793 This is on a 4 cpu IBM Netfinity 6000 ...

Connection status in the status bar
On the bottom of Mozilla, in the status bar, we have an icon indication whether or not you are online, one to show if in a secure connection, to show if a popup has been blocked, and so on. It would be SUPER handy if there were a "Connection status" icon. This icon would display any throughput download or upload, and when you put your mouse cursor over it, it would display the connection speed, how long online, etc, same as it does in the Start Bar. Who else is with me on this??? Reply and give your vote. Jeff ...

Refresh status
We're using PB Native with PB8. Because one can't tell who checked out certain objects as you could within PB6 and before, I made a small application to search the .prp files. I also want to show those objects that have a newer version in the project directory than local (I know PB does this by doing a Refresh status). To determine this I thought I could compare the last modification date from my local object with the last checkin time as it appears within the corresponding .prp file. However, when I just checked in an object myself, my local modification date is older than the ...

Powerbuilder TFS
When I changed a global function and afterwards opened a window that used that function you were able to make the changes and save it. With source control the only way to make corrections is to use "edit source". Is this correct? Thanks Eric "ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:463721d1$1@forums-1-dub... > When I changed a global function and afterwards opened a window that used > that function you were able to make the changes and save it. > > With source control the only way to make corrections is to use "edit ...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Refresh status...
Is there a way to issue a refresh status from the command line with PB ? It will happen automatically when the "Refresh timeout" is reached. I suppose you could write a commandline script that started PB with the Library Painter opening first, which would refresh the status upon restarting... FYI: there's a commandline interface under development called "OrcaScript" that will provide this functionality - currently slated for PB9. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com "GQ" <g.q@videotron.ca> wrote in m...

STATUS
Gang... Okay. We've been pounding on this thing now for five days, since the 4th, when I poked my head out and shared my plans. (Lord, has it ONLY been five days?) I have a much better sense for the product's shape, and needless to say, it has grown, fleshed out and matured over the past five days. I'm anxious to get back to the cookie system to get it finished, and of course to get the other stuff done so that I can start coding Beyond Recall and sharing something that actually runs. But with today's podcast freshly behind me, tomorrow morning I'm ...

Web resources about - TFS status wrong in powerbuilder GUI after refresh status - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles