text ODBC driver crashes

Hi everybody!

I'm running PB 5 on Windows 95, and the Intersolve text ODBC driver
crashes on disconnect. If I don't do a disconnect, then it crashes when
the program ends its running. It does everything well, but this is an
ugly bug at the end. What csan I do?

  Konya Laszlo

0
Konya

Konya,

First, make sure you're on the latest release of 5 - 5.04. I've not had this
trouble with the text driver, so it may actually be originating somewhere
else in the program. Check the usual things - objects that you've created
but not destroyed, orphaned objects, invalid API calls, etc. Then try using
the text driver to read from your file, but comment out all of the
processing related to what you read. If you can narrow it down to no
processing other than the text driver and it still fails, You might get
better results from PB6.5 or PB7.

--
Regards,
Millard[Team Sybase]

Konya Laszlo wrote in message <385606EC.7F30BD1A@vtsoft.hu>...
>Hi everybody!
>
>I'm running PB 5 on Windows 95, and the Intersolve text ODBC driver
>crashes on disconnect. If I don't do a disconnect, then it crashes when
>the program ends its running. It does everything well, but this is an
>ugly bug at the end. What csan I do?
>
>  Konya Laszlo

0
Millard
12/14/1999 8:00:31 PM
Hi!
Thanks for the idea about the patch. It solved the problem, but a little bit in
a different way. The problem was that I used the 5.0.04 version, and when I
changed back to 5.0.03, everything became good.
Regards
Konya Laszlo
Development manager
VTSOFT Kft

"Millard F. Brown III [TeamSybase]" wrote:

> Konya,
>
> First, make sure you're on the latest release of 5 - 5.04. I've not had this
> trouble with the text driver, so it may actually be originating somewhere
> else in the program. Check the usual things - objects that you've created
> but not destroyed, orphaned objects, invalid API calls, etc. Then try using
> the text driver to read from your file, but comment out all of the
> processing related to what you read. If you can narrow it down to no
> processing other than the text driver and it still fails, You might get
> better results from PB6.5 or PB7.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Millard[Team Sybase]
> Power3 - Custom Enterprise Training
>
> Konya Laszlo wrote in message <385606EC.7F30BD1A@vtsoft.hu>...
> >Hi everybody!
> >
> >I'm running PB 5 on Windows 95, and the Intersolve text ODBC driver
> >crashes on disconnect. If I don't do a disconnect, then it crashes when
> >the program ends its running. It does everything well, but this is an
> >ugly bug at the end. What csan I do?
> >
> >  Konya Laszlo

0
Konya

Powerbuilder 11.1 crashes when loading a DW using SQL Server ODBC driver
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub482b59ff Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Since updgrading to PB 11.1 my script that loads a datawindow will make my application crash. Basically I'm loading a datawindow that contains a list of years to select. I'm connected to a SQL Server database using the SQL Server ODBC driver. If the result set of my select statement returns only one row, it writes inserts the row into the datawindow without a problem. If the result set returns more that one ro...

ODBC TExt Limit using INTERSOLV Text driver
I am using the INTERSOLV text driver to access my 'database' of text files which were pipelined successfully from Sybase with no errors. I have a field containg a datawindow syntax which is approx 32000 bytes. Using Retrieve() to access this field, truncates it at approx 4000 bytes. Is there a limit on the length of VARCHAR fields using ODBC Text driver? If so, is it configurable? Thanks for any help. Most DBMSs support only 2000 or 4000 characters for Varchar fields. The ODBC datatype is SQL_VARCHAR. Jim O'Neill, any suggestions? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSy...

ODBC Text Driver
I need to connect thru ODBC with datasource of .txt. I got this error 'Could not find installable ISAM' when trying to connect. I search Google, but cannot find the driver that I need. Would someone please help. I am running PB9 TIA. Which driver are you trying to use. Both the MS and PB Merant/Intersolv ODBC text drivers work. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <Julie> wrote in message news:466fe7de.7977.1681692777...

crash crash crash crash CRASH
Name: Pete VANHEE Email: vanhee Product: Firefox Summary: crash crash crash crash CRASH Comments: please how can I get my old Firefox browser back ? I can't work like this; 3.0 crashes several times a day; it's bloody annoying Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash...
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash... Comments: All versions I've tried since 3.0 are crash happy, on both Windows & Mac. This latest 3.6.13 for Mac OS X is no exception, it's like running alphaware. Just access http://www.blogdelnarco.com (among many others), and within 2-3 seconds she goes Tango Unicorn and dumps you at the desktop. I used to love FF and recommended it to all, but no longer. Really it isn't worth the trouble. What follows is the crash report sent to Apple: Process: firefox-bin [19988] Path: ...

ODBC driver for text files
I defined data source INTERSOLV ODBC for Text Files. I made pipeline piping data from "ordinary" data source (Sybase native driver) to this text data soure. Unfortunately when I try to execute it I got comunicate that destination database (text file) is read only. This same I got using DataManipulation from DataBase painter. But when I try do do this writing a script in DB Administrator it works OK. Does anybody have an idea why? PZ Hi Piotr, Text ODBC drivers are for readonly purposes. Not for writing textfiles. HTH -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informat...

Microsoft ODBC text driver...
What is the Microsoft ODBC text driver? When I use the ODBC data source administrator on my nt workstation to add a new data source there is a entry called microsoft odbc text driver shown as a choice for the new datasource odbc driver. Does this mean that I can use a text file as a database? If so can I do this over a network? Thanks in advance, -Dave Arnold ...

Microsoft Text Driver and Powerbuilder
Has anyone used it? I need to write a project that parses a tab delimited file and does some back end processing to ASA. Can I use a datastore? How do I connect? Any help appreciated. tia, chance. IMHO, I would just create a datawindow that mimics the columns of the tab-delimited file and import it using the importFile() function of either a datawindow control (if you want to see the imported data), or a datastore. After the data is imported, do your processing. BTW, I've never been able to get the Text driver to work. Larry "Chance" <chance@booklog.c...

Crashing, Crashing, Crashing, ....and more Crashing
Name: Dale Email: davidsdaleatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Crashing, Crashing, Crashing, ....and more Crashing Comments: To whom it may concern: Please explain to me why does your product crashes so much. Please dont tell me it is my hardware or software. Besides for that, This is one of the best products You can get. I dont want to depart from it. Please help. Thank you in advanced, for your reply. Kind regards -Dale. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.or...

Oracle 7.3 ODBC driver cannot be found in the ODBC driver list
I have the Oracle 7.3.4 database installed on my NT laptop (as well as PowerBuilder 6.0 - Desktop version). I installed the Oracle ODBC drivers when I installed the database. But, I cannot see the Oracle ODBC driver as an installed driver in the ODBC configuration screen. I have verified that the ORANT\bin directory is in my system path. I have also seen in the registry (Local Machine\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers) that the Oracle 73 Ver 2.5 driver is installed. NOTE: My hard drive is partitioned into 2 partitions (C & D). C:\ has my system files and NT and D:\ h...

using the intersolv odbc text driver
Has anyone successfully used the intersolv text driver for loading a text file into a datawindow? I am trying to use the driver to load a file into a datawindow however, the name of the text file will be different each time the app is run. Does anyone have any ideas how to implement this? Are there any deployment costs with this driver? Thanks, Dave If you know the name of the file put it in a ini file. Then extract it from there. And yes I have used it before. David Stockmann wrote: > Has anyone successfully used the intersolv text driver for loading a text ...

Merant ODBC Driver for Text files
Hello all; I've updraged an app from PB7.0.2 to PB8.0.1 which has connections to Oracle 8.0.3 and fixed text files (*.csv and tab separated). In the development environment, connection DSN and profile is OK. But when deployed to client machines which has no PB8 installed, this app can't connect to the *.txt files. The files deployed to client machines (Windows 98): - app executable and runtimes - PB runtimes (PBVM and others) - Merant ODBC driver (pbtxt15.dll) - *.reg files for setting up ODBC DSN and driver which merged into client registry. - Text files sources a...

ASA-ODBC text driver problems
Hello, Here is my version info: ASA Version: 9.0.2.2451 Win XP Pro SP1 MS ODBC Text Driver 4.00.6019.00 VS.NET 2003--C# .net 1.1.4322 I'm trying to open a connection to a Text (CSV) source using the Microsoft Text ODBC Driver. Should ASA be able to handle that? If so, I'm wondering what I need to know about opening such the connection. Here's the code I'm trying. It shows two different scenarios, with the location it crashes at and the error it throws. So the first scenario won't open the connection. When I put ";uid=dba;pwd=sql" as part of t...

PostgreSQL ODBC driver and TEXT fields
Using D2007 I am attempting to access a field of type TEXT in a PostgreSQL 8.3 database. I have set the TextAsLongVarChar option of the ODBC driver but text fields are not treated as LongVarChar. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? -- Bill Todd (TeamB) Hello Bill > are not treated as LongVarChar. Has anyone found a solution > to this problem? May be just use 3d party dbExpress or other data access components. -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev AnyDAC Team RemObjects Software The Infrastructure Company http://www.remobjects.com ...

Web resources about - text ODBC driver crashes - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Lightning Crashes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Lightning Crashes " is a song by the rock band Live , from their 1994 album, Throwing Copper . The track wasn't released as a single in the ...

When New York Times website crashes, newspaper turns to Facebook Notes
When The New York Times’ website suffered some downtime Wednesday because of technical issues, the newspaper turned to Facebook Notes to post ...

Adorable Baby Crashes Daddy's Concert - YouTube
17 month old baby, Ethan ran out onstage when his dad, country singer Coffey, was performing at NYE event, started dancing, and stole the show. ...

Police warn drivers after tanker crashes at Ajman roundabout
A tanker overturned at the Al Zorah roundabout spilling oil on the busy road and causing traffic jams for about four hours.

Worst Driver of the Day: Old Man Crashes Into Everything In Piggly Wiggly Parking Lot
No, this isn’t footage from “GTA V.” A 92-year-old man named Russell Kerr pulled his minivan out of the parking lot last Friday at a Piggly Wiggly ...

Man crashes car doing burnouts allegedly twice over limit at Port Pirie - AdelaideNow Search Search
A MAN was arrested after allegedly doing burnouts while almost two times over the limit and crashing into a fence at Port Pirie.

Kangaroos cause two crashes near Bendigo
One driver swerved, the other collided with a kangaroo in separate accidents near Bendigo.

Car crashes into home in Oxley
A car has smashed into a home in Canberra's south on Thursday afternoon.

BHP leads ASX down as Slater & Gordon crashes
Australian shares suffered a weekly loss led by a slide in market heavyweight BHP and the destruction of shareholder value at Slater &amp; Gordon. ...