text cut off in static text control

I have a window that needs to display a path in an uneditable field.  THe
problem is that if the text is longer than the the field it makes the last
word disapear so c:\Program is display instead of C:\Program Files\etc...

Is there a way to stop the static text from doing this or to make a single
line edit unselectable (so the text can't be highlighted)?

0
James

You have several choices.
If the UI element where this static text is displayed is fixed in size, then
you are probably better off implementing a tooltip -  see
http://www.migmag.pair.com/pb/files/tooltip.zip
On the other hand, if you are guaranteed to fit the text in the container
object for your static text control, take a look at the implementation of
of_GetTextSize() in pfc_n_cst_platformwin32 (it uses GetTextExtentPoint32A
API). Resize the static text control accordingly.

--
pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp :-))

"James Watson" <james.watson@amsinc.com> wrote in message
> I have a window that needs to display a path in an uneditable field.  THe
> problem is that if the text is longer than the the field it makes the last
> word disapear so c:\Program is display instead of C:\Program Files\etc...
>
> Is there a way to stop the static text from doing this or to make a single
> line edit unselectable (so the text can't be highlighted)?

0
Philip
4/26/2000 6:11:40 PM
I'm confused. Do you want it uneditable or unselectable? Is there a concern if
the user copies the value to the clipboard? If you want uneditable,
sle.DisplayOnly.

Good luck,

www.techno-kitten.com

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:53:53 -0400,
James Watson <james.watson@amsinc.com> wrote:
>I have a window that needs to display a path in an uneditable field.  THe
>problem is that if the text is longer than the the field it makes the last
>word disapear so c:\Program is display instead of C:\Program Files\etc...
>
>Is there a way to stop the static text from doing this or to make a single
>line edit unselectable (so the text can't be highlighted)?

Terry

changing text in static text control
Hello PB 11 build 8123 I have a window with a dwcontrol. When I am updating the dw control I want one of the column names (static text controls) to change based on a value I select in another column. So far I have the code in the itemchanged to capture the value of my selection in the field I first select. How do I take this value, (it can only be Y or N) and program one of the column headings (static text) to display a certain text? I can't seem to get it to work with setitem or settext. Those two funcs don't really work with column headings as far as I can see. A...

hi how to add static text with dynamic text for a label control
hi,  i am using gridview it has contain item template where i am using label control.label control text has been static string and Dynamic string. i have write code is like below mentioned please any one suggest me is  it possible and say how is possible.   <asp:TemplateField > <ItemTemplate> <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text=sub:"<%#bind("firstname") %>"></asp:Label> </ItemTemplate>   </asp:TemplateField> Hi, Use this in your lable text property Text='<%# string....

Text as text
Name: JohnA Boice Email: jaboiceathughesdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Text as text Comments: You need to do as Safari does and make ALL text, including buttons, links, bookmarks, and general page text actual text so screen readers can interpret and voice the text. Until this occurs, your products are a real pain to use. And I have limited sight. What about those with less or no sight? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

Text box cuts off text
I am trying to figure out why my text box is only storing 500 characters. (or when I retrieve the text entered in my aspx page's textbox I only get 500 characters) I am using SQL as my data base with Text (16) as the data type. Do I have my data set incorrectly? Is this related to the Text in row options? Looking forward to your assistance/ advice. Fred Zilz...

Pasting text from Mac apps into rich text controls pastes plain text
Name: Bob Product: Firefox Summary: Pasting text from Mac apps into rich text controls pastes plain text Comments: Using: Mac OS X 10.6 and Firefox 3.5 and 3.6 beta 1 Steps to reproduce: * Write text in Text Edit, Yojimbo, etc using rich text (e.g. font sizes, bold, italics) * Open Gmail in Firefox and compose an email * Copy and paste the text you created from the other Mac app into Firefox Observed: text is pasted in as plain text Expected: converts the rich text to appropriate rich text in the control, like Safari does This is a huge pain when e.g. writing release n...

How to populate other text controls by losing focus of one text control
 Hi All,Iam new to ASP.net. Here is a small illustration about my prob. I have 3 text controls in a page i.e which represents zip,city,state. I want to populate city and state after entering zipcode into zip text control i.e something like focus lost event on zip text control. Any solution regarding this thanks and regards,vijaycanaan How about OnTextChange: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa710190(VS.71).aspx EricPascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn Hi vijaycanaan We can capture the following event when TextBox  lost focus: On Server-Side:We...

Changing the text of an input (text) control
Hi everyone, please answer the following: I have a html input control as follows  <input id="newSearch_keywords" type="text" class="text" value="<%=JobsSearchBusinessObject.CurrentKeywords %>" name="newSearch_keywords""/>    When the page loads I need to look at the text of this input field and remove any * chars that are in the text. Thanks for your help <input id="newSearch_keywords" type="text" class="text" value="<%=JobsSearchBusinessObject.CurrentKeywords.Re...

Fix broken text wrapping and control input text length in TextBox control
Hi! I'm developing a(nother; it's my second!) ASP.NET application that right now is giving me fits. On one of my screens, the user needs to be able to enter large amounts of text into three database fields. The database fields are all char(350). I'm having two problems with this. First of all, I found that when editing an existing record, text in the fields would wrap in a manner similar to this: Wow, what a sorryperformance! The text box is much wider than the text "Wow, what a sorry", so I couldn't figure out why the text was wrapping. I tried setting the Columns property to 90 (which...

Whether a text fits in a text control
Hello, I have several text controls in windows and dw. Is there anyway to know if the text itself fits in the length of the text control (that is, if I will see the text completely) ? Thanks in advance Lena (PB 9.0) Take a look at this techdoc that I authored: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1024200 it's an example of using the GetTextExtent API to determine whether text does or does not fit. I am not certain about using it in the datawindow though. On 15 Jan 2004 02:23:56 -0800, "lena" <egarcia@cimkey.es> wrote: >Hello, > >I ha...

Calculate width of text in static text
I want to calculate the width of a text wich is in a static text button. First, I wanted to use API function GetTextExtentPoint32 (in gdi32.lib), but I've got some problems to use it : when I call it, PB say me that it can't found external function in gdi32.lib !! Why ? What's solution can I use to solve my problem ? Thanks. Lo�c AUDUSSEAU jii@etnet.fr JII wrote: > > I want to calculate the width of a text wich is in a static text button. > First, I wanted to use API function GetTextExtentPoint32 (in gdi32.lib), > but I've got some problems to ...

MS Publisher / Word-like textframe web control... flowing text between text controls
Does anyone know of an ASP.Net web control capable of linking text boxes/frames together similarly to the Publisher & Word textframe objects (via the NextLinkedTextFrame property in Publisher or the TextFrame.Next property in Word)? The goal is to have text flow from one textbox into another. Thx.....

Bold Text For Selected text in Text Box
Hi EveryoneI have a small thing to do [at this time , very big for me]. I want to make some text string as bold which appears in a text box control for the web. It means some of the portion of the string will be bold and some will be in the normal font style. Can anyone suggest any idea to accomplish this task. [I know that we can set the font weight property for the whole text box and all the text appears in the selected font-weight]Any suggestions.BaberBaber SaeedSoftware EngineerPalmChip, Pakistan Toll Free: 0800-000-13 Ext:494Cell: 0300-6438634 Standard TextBox that comes with ASP.NET ...

Text not appearing when typing the text into text field
Name: Maadhavan Email: madhavan_t_patyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field Comments: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field or any other field Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - text cut off in static text control - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Out-of-control car hits Ballajura pedestrians and puts four teens in hospital
Four teenagers were injured in Ballajura on Saturday night when an out-of-control car careered into them.

Is Hillary Clinton sorry she reacted to the San Bernardino massacre with a call for more gun control ...
... "Gun safety" has traditionally meant handling your guns safely, but now it's supposed to mean what has more commonly been called "gun control." ...

more pics from Ground Control Touring 15th anniversary: Woods, Kurt Vile, Parquet Courts, Beach Fossils ...
... Parquet Courts / Woods & Kurt Vile / Beach Fossils @ Webster Hall 12/2/2015 We already posted a review and set of pictures from Ground Control ...

Obama renews call for gun control after mass shooting
In wake of San Bernardino attack, president, Republicans float their solutions to combat terror threats

EU could soon have border controls
EU ministers have agreed to press ahead with plans to suspend the Schengen passport-free travel zone, the FT reports.

Liberals Soft On Bomb Control? Are You Sure You Want To Go There, Marco?
... reports: Appearing on Fox & Friends , 2016 GOP presidential contender Marco Rubio hammered at Democrats for proposing additional gun control ...

Open thread for night owls: First U.S. birth control clinic lasted just 10 days before being raided
... Parenthood Only Lasted for 10 Days but Started a Revolution . An excerpt: During her time in Europe, Sanger had seen Norwegian birth control ...

Facebook Gives Users More Control Over Viral Content In News Feed
Facebook is updating its algorithm to give users more control over how high viral content appears in their News Feed.

BUSINESS IS BOOMING Firearm buys likely to spike amid gun control push
BUSINESS IS BOOMING Firearm buys likely to spike amid gun control push