Stored Procedure - DW problem

I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 parameters (2 are optional) but
when executing a retrieve (para1, para2, para3, para4) I don't obtain any
result

The SP is executed OK in mode interactive

What's the problem?

Thanks

Alejandro

0
Alejandro
4/9/2001 3:44:08 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

Check in detail the value of each one of your parameters. If one of them is
NULL, is probably thay your SP doesn't work.

Good Luck,

Javier Barbieri

"Alejandro G�mez" <agomez@ucv.cl> wrote in message
> I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 parameters (2 are optional) but
> when executing a retrieve (para1, para2, para3, para4) I don't obtain any
> result
>
> The SP is executed OK in mode interactive
>
> What's the problem?
>
> Thanks
>

> Alejandro

0
Alessandro

problem in executing the stored procedure from powerbuilder
i have a stored procedure in sybase as follows. create procedure p_tes_update_open_seats @class_id int, @enroll_cnt int, @ret_value int output as Declare @capacity int, @open_seats int Select @capacity = capacity From classes Where class_id = @class_id Select @open_seats = @capacity - @enroll_cnt Update classes Set open_seats = @open_seats Where class_id = @class_id if @@error !=0 Begin Select @ret_value = -1 End else Begin Select @ret_value = 1 End i wanted to execute the above procedure, so i wrote like the code as follows in powerbuilde...

problem while running a stored procedure from powerbuilder
Hi, When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Can anyone tell me the reason for this error and how should I resolve the same? Thanks, Nataraj PS: Sybase version is 12.5 and PowerBuilder version is 8.0.3 > Hi, > > When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I > get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did > not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Type 111 is pro...

Problem calling DB2 stored procedure from PowerBuilder
I am trying to call a DB2 stored procedure written in Java from my PowerBuilder 8.0.3 app. (My version of UDB is 7.2 and it resides on an AIX box.) My stored proc accepts one input parameter and does not return a result set. The procedure runs fine from DB2 Stored Procedure Builder, but I have not been able to get it to work from PowerBuilder. I have tried several different ways of calling this stored proc, and none of them have worked. I have read everything I can find on the web about this, and I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have tried creating a user object o...

Problem with Returning a Value from a Stored Procedure to Powerbuilder
I am using Powerbuilder 6.5.1 and Sql Anywhere 6.0.3 I trying to call a Strored Procedure from within Powerbuilder.This procedure should return me a value to tell me if everything went ok in this procedure.The procedure runs but it does not return me a value back to powerbuiler. ----------------------------------------------- Here's a shorten ver of the Stored Procedure. ----------------------------------------------- Alter procedure DBA.Unbill_wkst(in d_invoice_id decimal(10),out s_ret_code char(3)) begin atomic Declare no_error exception for sqlstate value '00000...

Problem Calling Store Procedure from Powerbuilder in PB/Jaguar architechture
----- Original Message ----- From: Naimesh Trivedi <naimesh@rajmicro.com> Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver.powerbuilder Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 3:13 PM Subject: Re: Calling Stored Procudure in 3-tier in Powerbuilder/JaguarCTS architechture > Hello Mark, > > Thanx for ur prompt response. Foll. error is coming > > Error ORA-24321 (Zero Iteration count) If done using sqlca syntax shown > below & Stored Procedure does not > execute or no row returns (the test sp inserts one row in one table - hard > coded for testing purpose) > &...

Calling a stored procedure inside another stored procedure (or "nested stored procedures")
Hi all - I'm trying to optimized my stored procedures to be a bit easier to maintain, and am sure this is possible, not am very unclear on the syntax to doing this correctly.  For example, I have a simple stored procedure that takes a string as a parameter, and returns its resolved index that corresponds to a record in my database. ie exec dbo.DeriveStatusID 'Created' returns an int value as 1 (performed by "SELECT statusID FROM statusList WHERE statusName= 'Created')  but I also have a second stored procedure that needs to make reference to&n...

DB2 V4 STORED STORED PROCEDURE AND POWERBUILDER
I have finally been able to call a stored procedure written in cobol from powerbuilder 6. But I still got some problem . The call will work only if I initialize the output parameter to space (80) because the output parameter of the stored procedure is char(80) . Here is a sample that works. string ls_literal_OUTMSGF string ls_literal_RQT Ls_literal_RQT = 'I' ls_literal_OUTMSGF = space(80) SQLCA.TESTPROC (ls_literal_RQT, ls_literal_OUTMSGF ) If I initialize the output variable like the following statements. It bombs.(communication error) setnull ( ls_literal_OUTMSGF...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

calling a stored procedure from a stored procedure
Hi Group! I'm on ASA 8.02 Build 4411 writing sprocs in WATCOM SQL. I have a sproc which breaks a given string-parameter into pieces. It's result set contains the pieces, e.g. last line of sproc: "select item from mytable;". This sproc works fine. Now I need to call this procedure from another procedure which has a variable result set. I tried the following: <snip... set ll_retval = 0; call sp_breakstring(as_bzp,','); BreakLoop: while ll_retval <> 100 and not ll_retval < 0 loop set li_zaehler = li_zaehler + 1; fetch next sp_breakstrin...

Execute stored procedure from stored procedure
Hello,i need to execute a stored procedure from another stored procedure. For example:StoredProcedure1: Returns a table with columns "year" and "value".StoredProcedure2: Also returns a table with columns "year" and "value".In Stored Procedure3: I would like to use the results from StoredProcedure1 and StoredProcedure2 and join them. Can somebody give me an example how to execute a stored procedure from another one and use the result table for a new command?Kind regards and thanks,carsaw hi,first off all let me clarify here - you cannot return ta...

Calling a Stored Procedure from a Stored Procedure
Can you do this? I have a sp that returns a list of eligible accounts and then I use that list in other sp but I don't want to keep copying the code, I would like to be able to use it as a sub query in other sp but I don't know if this is possible or what the syntax would be. Thanks, Aaron You cannot do that directly. You can: 1. Use User defined functions which can return a resultset 2. Use a local #temp table which can hold the resultset of the called stored procedure and use this #temp table in your subsequent processing INSERT #tempTable EXEC s...

Problem with filtered WHERE clause in Stored Procedure after converting to Dynamic Procedure
Hello, Running SQL SERVER 2008 I have a stored procedure that pages and provides a couple of WHERE clauses using COALESCE()function, and a ‘Split’ UserDefinedFunction (to allow an array of parameters).  It all works well till I convert it to a dynamic procedure to allow for a sortExpression parameter.  The procedure runs but not as expected. The Parameters in the WHERE clause:1) @CategoryID with the COALESCE()function (which is an optional parameter), so if its NULL, it bypasses and, 2) @MetroArray with the Split function allows for a single or an array of parameters ...

Calling Stored Procedure fromanother Stored Procedure
Hi,I am getting error when I try to call a stored procedure from another. I would appreciate if someone could give some example.My first Stored Procedure has the following input output parameters:ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.FixedCharges @InvoiceNo int,@InvoiceDate smalldatetime,@TotalOut decimal(8,2) outputAS .... I have tried using the following statement to call it from another stored procedure within the same SQLExpress database. It is giving me error near CALL.CALL FixedCharges (@InvoiceNo,@InvoiceDate,@TotalOut )Many thanks in advanceJames I believe you want to use 'EXEC' abad...

stored procedures problem
I have the forum working on localhost. I scripted all the stored procedures using the supplied script through the query analyzer but the results on the remote DB have all my SP's pre-pended with my login name i.e loginname.stored_procedure When I run the page I get the error 'could not find stored procedure dbo.stored_procedure Any ideas? Many thanks JB...

Calling stored procedure from another stored procedure
Is it possible to call one sp from another sp?I've been hunting around for an example to do this and just can't seem to find one.Anyone have a link for this or a sample?Thanks all,Zath Yes, you can. Just use EXEC usp_secondStoredProc @params inside your first SP.Nick...

Web resources about - Stored Procedure - DW problem - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

Are patients charged drastically different prices for the same medical procedure? - Videos - CBS News ...
Patients are often charged drastically different prices for the same medical procedures and research may link later bedtimes with gaining weight. ...

Vin Scully To Miss Dodgers Postseason After Medical Procedure
... , who has been calling Dodgers games since the Truman administration, will miss the team’s playoff run as he recovers from a medical procedure. ...

FDA finds flaws in Theranos' nanotainers and quality control procedures
... to Theranos' blood testing technology comes from the US Food and Drug Administration, which found flaws in the company's quality control procedures. ...

'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure
'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure

Hall Of Fame Broadcaster Vin Scully Has Medical Procedure, Will Miss All Of 2015 Postseason
While the Dodgers will be in the 2015 MLB postseason, their Hall of Fame broadcaster, won't. Here's details on Vin Scully.

US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor ...
US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor test performances by TSA screeners

Concession: Ryan promises Freedom Caucus he’ll delay discussion of reforming procedure for removing the ...
Compromise. Like I said this morning, it sounds like they did a little horse-trading at their summit. Ryan wants them to give up their right ...