sqlca.sqlcode is 100

What could cause the sqlca.sqlcode to change from 0 to 100 in the middle
of the application?

0
Steve

In article <37A8B713.79589A69@state.ut.us>, ucadm.steve@state.ut.us
says...
> What could cause the sqlca.sqlcode to change from 0 to 100 in the middle
> of the application?

Steve -

Are you doing any db activities or executing DW methods like update or
retrieve?

These are typically things that cause the status to change.

Mark

--

Mark Pfeifer            Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
                           Emerging Technology Solutions

0
see_msg
8/5/1999 1:33:49 AM
sqlcode = 100 ALWAYS means end of file, which is the normal response when a
cursor FETCH has gone past end of file or a singleton SELECT (no cursor)
returns no rows.  If what I just said was already obvious to you, then
please be more clear about your problem.  For instance post the code before,
upto, and after the point that you are checking the value of sqlca.sqlcode.

Thanks,

Jim Madderra
PowrSite Software, Inc.

Steve Strong wrote in message <37A8B713.79589A69@state.ut.us>...
>What could cause the sqlca.sqlcode to change from 0 to 100 in the middle
>of the application?

0
Jim
8/5/1999 2:13:01 AM
Embedded SQL which returns no data will cause this, eg

select empname
into :ls_name
from employees
where empno = :li_empno;

will set sqlcode=100 if no employee is found.

Simon

Steve Strong wrote in message <37A8B713.79589A69@state.ut.us>...
>What could cause the sqlca.sqlcode to change from 0 to 100 in the middle
>of the application?

0
Simon
8/5/1999 9:07:24 AM
100 means: no rows found
I guess the developer who chose these numbers was drunk are smoked too much
;-)

Geert 'Darling' Van Damme

Simon Caldwell wrote in message ...
>Embedded SQL which returns no data will cause this, eg
>
>select empname
>into :ls_name
>from employees
>where empno = :li_empno;
>
>will set sqlcode=100 if no employee is found.
>
>Simon
>
>Steve Strong wrote in message <37A8B713.79589A69@state.ut.us>...
>>What could cause the sqlca.sqlcode to change from 0 to 100 in the middle
>>of the application?

0
Geert
8/5/1999 12:39:11 PM
There is a embedded sql statement that doesn't return any rows before my
datawindow's commit. There is an sqlca.sqlcode of 100 which I assuming
causes the commit to fail, but if you commit a second time, it work fine.

What would be the proper way to clear or reset the sqlca knowing an return
of  no rows from the previous statement is okay?

0
Steve
8/6/1999 6:12:06 PM
PLEASE post the code snippet before, upto, and after the problem.

Jim Madderra
PowrSite Software, Inc.

Steve Strong wrote in message <37AB2575.9CD342F@state.ut.us>...
>There is a embedded sql statement that doesn't return any rows before my
>datawindow's commit. There is an sqlca.sqlcode of 100 which I assuming
>causes the commit to fail, but if you commit a second time, it work fine.
>
>What would be the proper way to clear or reset the sqlca knowing an return
>of  no rows from the previous statement is okay?

0
Jim
8/6/1999 6:28:27 PM
//oracle 7.3 db
if ii_canaddzips = 0 then
 SELECT 1
  INTO :li_rslt
  FROM GEN.CODES_SECURITY
  WHERE APP = 'SECURITY' AND CAT = 'ZIPCODES' AND LOGINNAME = :is_loginname
  USING atrans_tran;//sqlca
 if atrans_tran.SQLCode = 0 then
  ii_canaddzips = 1
 else
  ii_canaddzips = -1
 end if
end if
// no entry exists
// sqlca is now sqlcode = 100 sqldbcode = 1

dw_1.settransobject(sqlca)
dw_1.retrieve()
u_doc = create u_add_docs
 {
 ids_docs = create datastore
 ids_docs.dataobject = 'd_docs'
 rc = ids_docs.settransobject(sqlca)
 }
//sqca.sqlcode is still 100 but setransboject return 1

u_doc.f_update()
{
rc = ids_docs.update(true, false)
if sqlca.sqlcode = 0 then
 commit using sqlca;
 messagebox('', 'committed')
 ids_docs.resetupdate()
 return 0
else
 messagebox('', 'rollback-' + string(sqlca.sqlerrtext))
 rollback using sqlca;
 return -1
end if

//ids_docs has records added to it but never retrieves
// on the rollback sqlca.sqlcode and dbcode are set to 0
// then try u_doc.f_update() the commit is fine

0
Steve
8/6/1999 10:43:47 PM
You DON'T check sqlca.sqlcode when doing a datawindow/datastore update.  You
have rc = ids_docs.update(true,false).  You need to check the rc variable
not sqlca.sqlcode like this:

if rc = 1 then

Steve Strong wrote in message <37AB6523.50A190FA@state.ut.us>...
>//oracle 7.3 db
>if ii_canaddzips = 0 then
> SELECT 1
>  INTO :li_rslt
>  FROM GEN.CODES_SECURITY
>  WHERE APP = 'SECURITY' AND CAT = 'ZIPCODES' AND LOGINNAME = :is_loginname
>  USING atrans_tran;//sqlca
> if atrans_tran.SQLCode = 0 then
>  ii_canaddzips = 1
> else
>  ii_canaddzips = -1
> end if
>end if
>// no entry exists
>// sqlca is now sqlcode = 100 sqldbcode = 1
>
>dw_1.settransobject(sqlca)
>dw_1.retrieve()
>u_doc = create u_add_docs
> {
> ids_docs = create datastore
> ids_docs.dataobject = 'd_docs'
> rc = ids_docs.settransobject(sqlca)
> }
>//sqca.sqlcode is still 100 but setransboject return 1
>
>u_doc.f_update()
>{
>rc = ids_docs.update(true, false)
>if sqlca.sqlcode = 0 then
> commit using sqlca;
> messagebox('', 'committed')
> ids_docs.resetupdate()
> return 0
>else
> messagebox('', 'rollback-' + string(sqlca.sqlerrtext))
> rollback using sqlca;
> return -1
>end if
>
>//ids_docs has records added to it but never retrieves
>// on the rollback sqlca.sqlcode and dbcode are set to 0
>// then try u_doc.f_update() the commit is fine

0
Jim
8/7/1999 3:06:31 AM

Thanks, I just want to make this clear to myself now. I'm looking at the example
code for an dw update.

integer rtn
CONNECT USING SQLCA;
dw_employee.SetTransObject(SQLCA)
rtn = dw_employee.Update()
IF rtn = 1 AND SQLCA.SQLNRows > 0 THEN
 COMMIT USING SQLCA;
ELSE
 ROLLBACK USING SQLCA;
END IF

if I check for the SQLCA.SQLNRows after an embedded sql statement that returned
no rows , SQLNRows = 0  SQLCODE = 100, I'm going to get a failed if statement
because SQLCA.SQLNRows still reflex's the last embedded statement and won't
update until the commit or rollback from the dw.

Should I not check the SQLCA.SQLNRows or should I not use the SQLCA object for
embedded sql statement?

0
Steve
8/9/1999 5:12:43 PM
If you don't care if the rows are = to 0 then
why not do a sqlca.sqlcode <> -1
not  a = 0?

--
Hope this helps!

Kenneth A. Drendel
email Kdrendel@HotMail.com
Icq# 34027019

0
Ken
8/9/1999 7:30:49 PM
I can't see any point in checking SQLNRows.  I would just code
if dw_employee.Update() = 1 then
    Commit;
else
    Rollback;
end if

Steve Strong wrote in message <37AF0C0B.92D29A5E@state.ut.us>...

>Thanks, I just want to make this clear to myself now. I'm looking at the
example
>code for an dw update.
>
>integer rtn
>CONNECT USING SQLCA;
>dw_employee.SetTransObject(SQLCA)
>rtn = dw_employee.Update()
>IF rtn = 1 AND SQLCA.SQLNRows > 0 THEN
> COMMIT USING SQLCA;
>ELSE
> ROLLBACK USING SQLCA;
>END IF
>
>if I check for the SQLCA.SQLNRows after an embedded sql statement that
returned
>no rows , SQLNRows = 0  SQLCODE = 100, I'm going to get a failed if
statement
>because SQLCA.SQLNRows still reflex's the last embedded statement and won't
>update until the commit or rollback from the dw.
>
>Should I not check the SQLCA.SQLNRows or should I not use the SQLCA object
for
>embedded sql statement?

0
Simon

about (sqlca.sqlcode = 100)
When I insert a row in a table, trigger named 'ins_chk' decides commit or rollback transation. This trigger is a kind of 'referential integrity check' but is not exect referential integrity check. Then I want to acquire the status of transaction whether a row inserted or not by get the sqlcode. When I tests in Sybase Dataserver 11.0.3, I return these results. ** sqlcode=0 when succeeded in INSERT.(case1) ** sqlcode=100 when rollbacked by 'ins_chk' trigger.(case2) ** sqlcode < 0 when insert error by other condition.(case3) But, Customer Sit...

sqlca.sqlcode =100 right after execute a store procedure
I am tring to excute a store procedure from PB6 powerscript and I got sqlca.sqlcode = 100. Here is my store procedure -------------------------- create procedure check_name_exist @user_name varchar(32) As Begin if exists ( select a.user_name from user_info a, log..incident_log b where a.user_name =@user_name and a.user_name = b.user_name) return 3 else return 4 end please note store procedure was created on sybase server 11.5 and was successfully tested by using sybase advantage utility. Here is my ...

sqlca.SQLDBCode returns 0 when sqlca.sqlcode returns -1
Hi, I have en embedded SQL statement in my PB script: a "select my_var into :ls_var from my_table". In order to skip make a select count to get the number of rows (this select must return 1 row), I 'd like to check the transaction object SQLDBCode property. When the select returns more than one rows, here what I have: SQLerrText = "Select returned more than one row" sqlcode = -1 SQLDBcode = 0. Shoudn't I get -185 into SQLDBcode instead of 0 ? -185 is the ASA8 dberror code for "Select returned more than one row" If not, how can I preve...

SQLCODE 100
PB9.x / ASE 11.x The following code.... DECLARE p_update_amts_rate PROCEDURE FOR sp_update_amts_rate @contr_id = :argi_contr_id, @trace = :argi_trace USING secondary_trans; EXECUTE p_update_amts_rate; // Return SQLCode li_rtn = secondary_trans.sqlcode .... returns a 100, "Fetched row not found". Does PB consider this an error? I do not care to fetch anything, but I just want the Proc to run. Do I need to set up a FETCH for this just to make it work? Thanks, Jason no, if a stored procedure does not return a resultset t...

sqlca.sqlcode
I call sql update statement to update a row that is changed or deleted from oracle database after I retrieve the row but before I execute the update statement. The sqlca.sqlcode return 0. Which means no error. I think It should return the code either the row has been changed since you last retrieved or the row is not found. I know if I call powerbuilder dwcontrol.update(), it can trap the error, but I don't know why sqlca cannot. can any one told me what else I should check? thanks. sherry Oracle doesn't generate such an error message. What it does do is tell you how ...

What generals generally do

SQLCODE=100
Hello, I have a problem, after run a query, the sqlcode return 100, but no sqlerrtext at all. Could you tell me what happen there ? So after that, it always fail to set datastore.settransobject(SQLCA). Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Michael L Sorry, I forget to explain that I'm using MSSQL 7.0 and PB 703. "Mike L" <b8345@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:WWGeSMEqCHA.303@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, I have a problem, after run a query, the sqlcode return 100, but no > sqlerrtext at all. > Could y...

sqlcode = 100 ?
I created a simple sp in oracle with PRAGMA AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION; create or replace PROCEDURE P_INSERT_DMS_LINK( arg_PK_DMS_LINK IN NUMBER , arg_UID_CRE IN VARCHAR2 , arg_DT_CRE IN DATE , arg_UID_UPD IN VARCHAR2 , arg_DT_UPD IN DATE , arg_DMS_SYSTEEM IN VARCHAR2 , arg_DMS_DOCUMENT_ID IN VARCHAR2 , arg_OMSCHRIJVING IN VARCHAR2 , arg_referentie IN VARCHAR2 ) AS PRAGMA AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION; BEGIN INSERT INTO GRO.DMS_LINK ( PK_DMS_LINK, UID_CRE, DT_CRE, UID_UPD, DT_UPD, DMS_SYSTEEM, DMS_DOCUMENT_ID, OMSCHRIJVING, REFERENTIE ...

SQLCode -100
Hi, I have something I don't really find an answer for. - dbsrv8.exe is running on a WinXP PC - starting dbmlsync.exe on this PC works fine and does synronize with the main DB - on an other PC in the same network the application itself works fine (all of the local DB transactions are OK) - starting dbmlsync.exe on this PC I get the SQLCode -100 - installing a second application on this PC with its own dbeng8.exe works fine again! So what can be the cause for that? Any idea? Thankls Florian What is the connection string you are using for dbmlsync on the "other...

SQLCODE 100 from INSERT?
In 9.0.2 an INSERT SELECT can return SQLCODE 100 if the select finds no rows. Are there any other situations where an "insert" operation can return 100? What about PUT? Breck Shows His ESQL Ignorance :) -- Breck Carter [Team iAnywhere] RisingRoad SQL Anywhere and MobiLink Professional Services www.risingroad.com The book: http://www.risingroad.com/SQL_Anywhere_Studio_9_Developers_Guide.html breck.carter@risingroad.com 100 is a result set code. I am actually surprised it even shows up in the INSERT ... SELECT case. It should only show up in that case (I gues...

question about SQLCA.SQLCode
We're running PB 6.5 and SQL 2000. I have the following embedded SQL statement in my PB script: SELECT count(tax_seq_no) FROM tax_paying_broker WHERE subm_no = 32304 If this SELECT statement produces a 0, what will the value of SQLCA.SQLCode be? It'll still be 0, right? -- indicating that the operation was successful. Even if it doesn't find any records, SQLCode won't be 100, will it? Sounds right, Since you're doing a count, I don't think a row not found (-100) is possible The SQLCA.SQLCode will be 0. Although you are returning a value, i...

SQLCODE -100 error
I have an Powerbuilder application using SQL Anywhere 5.505. The startup for dbsrv50 includes the switches -ti=0 -tl=0 but the database is still getting disconnected. Any ideas how to prevent disconnection or what may be causing this? -- Carrie Barnett _________________________________ carrie@booklog.com 773-275-4439 Technical Support 773-275-8498 Fax Add "-Z -o <filename>" to the startup of the server. That is a lower case oh, not a zero. This will provide a lot more information in the message area and in the file. Be sure you have plenty of disk sp...

sqlca.sqlcode when insert query
When I insert a row in a table, trigger named 'ins_chk' decides commit or rollback transation. This trigger is a kind of 'referential integrity check' but is not exect referential integrity check. Then I want to acquire the status of transaction whether a row inserted or not by get the sqlcode. When I tests in Sybase Dataserver 11.0.3, I return these results. ** sqlcode=0 when succeeded in INSERT.(case1) ** sqlcode=100 when rollbacked by 'ins_chk' trigger.(case2) ** sqlcode < 0 when insert error by other condition.(case3) But, Customer Site ad...

SQLCA.sqlcode returns -1
I have a problem why the SQLCA.sqlcode returns -1 if a embedded update sql didn't find a row to update. It should have returned 0, instead of -1. The embedded update sql run in PB component. I am using EAServer 5.2 and Powerbuilder 9.0.1 6533 Anyone can help to figure out Thank you in advance Patrick Lee You can not use SQLCA object inside a component. The reason is because SQLCA is implicited like Global Object in PBVM, and CORBA doesn't have an Transaction Object in their specifications. You need to encapsulated the Transaction Object, It could be declaring Prot...

SQLCA.SQLCODE is not set correctly
--------------F12ABCAB17C2D13744BF3FF8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-2 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi ALL, I have a problem: When I'm inserting a row with invalid data (for example: not null item is null) into a SQL Anywhere 5.0 table from PB 5.0.03 application, database don't store this row, but in PB SQLCA.sqlcode is set to 0 (OK), so I can't notify user error occured. If I execute the same SQL statement in ISQL, then ISQL notify error. Any suggestions??? I want to know about all errors. Why some errors set sqlcode and others don't. ...

SQLCA.sqlcode does not reflect errors?
Using SYBASE connection cache (SYJ) and a standard component, and embedded SQL. Following a "delete from ... where ...." in a case where the DELETE fails because we have no match on the WHERE clause, we still get SQLCA.sqlcode = 0 and SQLCA.dbcode = 0. Why? Also, when we use a trigger on the delete, we get its error messages on the srv.log, but SQLCA.sqlcode, et al are still zero. So, how do we get notification that the error occuured? eharris wrote: > Using SYBASE connection cache (SYJ) and a standard component, and embedded > SQL. > > Followi...

Question Regarding SQLCA.SQLCODE
Hello all, I have the following ESQL statement in my PowerScript: SELECT gae_num INTO :ls_gae_num FROM DBA.gae_info,DBA.outside_vendors WHERE vendor_code=out_vendor_code AND vendor_code=:ls_vendor_code; The statement is successful but returns a SQLcode = 0, which means no rows found. If this is the case, will my bind variable of ls_gae_num get assigned the empty string or null. Any info appreciated:) Meaning of sqlca.SQLCode (from help): 0 Success. 100 Fetched row not found. -1 Error; the statement failed. Use SQLErrText or SQLDBCode to obtain the detail. ...

stored proc, sqlcode = 100
I have a stored procedure that updates a table in the database. How come SQLCA.SQLCode returns 100? The row in the table is actually updated successfully and I checked SQLCA.SQLERRTEXT and it is blank. Sqlcode = 100 means 'not found', but in this case it does not seem to apply. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks, Darq Okay, let me ask this another way. How do I know if my stored procedure (which updates a table) was successful or not? I tried a fetch and it returned nothing. The SQLcode = 100 even though the table was successfully updated. Any ideas appreciated, ...

Insert error: SQLCODE = 100
Hi all, I tried to insert a line in a simple table, but I got SQLCODE = 100 (not found!) How can that be possible? Laurent Can you show us the code. And as usual: Please ALWAYS include version and MORE importantly BUILD number with EACH post (dbeng8 -v). -- David Fishburn NEW - Certified ASA Developer Version 8 Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup Please ALWAYS include version and MORE importantly BUILD number with EACH post (dbeng8 -v). EBFs and Maintenance Releases http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm D...

SQLCA.SQLCODE is not set correctly
--------------F12ABCAB17C2D13744BF3FF8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-2 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi ALL, I have a problem: When I'm inserting a row with invalid data (for example: not null item is null) into a SQL Anywhere 5.0 table from PB 5.0.03 application, database don't store this row, but in PB SQLCA.sqlcode is set to 0 (OK), so I can't notify user error occured. If I execute the same SQL statement in ISQL, then ISQL notify error. Any suggestions??? I want to know about all errors. Why some errors set sqlcode and others don't. ...

Is PowerBuilder.General newsgroup broken?
Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. Mike Just saw some new ones now..Could be some haven't switched to the new servers.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Mike Niemann" <mniemann@oowidgets.com> wrote in message news:#VivpTX7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. > > Mike > > I had the same problem too! Then I right-clicked on the newsgroup and clicked properties->Local Files Tab->Clicked on the Reset to reset all the postin...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Can someone help me please. I am using PB7 Build 8033 and Excel 97 SR1 I have a spreadsheet which has 1 chart "graph", and 2 sheets "Model" and "Calculations". There are also 7 macros in module 1. I am trying to use OLE Automation to link to the spreadsheet, I need to populate some cells, run some macros and retreive some cells. I can get excel and the spreadsheet to open in automation mode, I can retreive and populate individual cell value, and I can successfully close and disconnect from excel and the spreadsheet. My problem is that I cannot s...

SQLCode = 100 after stored proc
In one of our scripts we execute a Sybase stored procedure (which is NOT a function, does not return anything and does not have an output parameter) but after it we get a SQLCode of 100, which usually stands for "row not found". How can one get this when calling a stored proc? I would always expect it to be 0 or -1... I would be glad for some help on this one. Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems I think of the 100 as correlating to the DB-LIB value NO_MORE_ROWS, which means you had a result set, but there are no more rows left in the result set. This includes the p...

How get sqlca.sqlcode when debugging?
When I'm in debug mode and my code has embedded SQL, where do I find the value of sqlca.sqlcode returned by my SELECT statement? It's really a local or instance or global variable in the normal sense and is not found in those tabs in the debug painter. Thanks. SQLCA [or whatever transaction object you are using] is a global object. Open it and you should see SQLCode as a property of type long. Rick Charnes wrote in message ... >When I'm in debug mode and my code has embedded SQL, where do I find the >value of sqlca.sqlcode returned by my SELECT statement? It&...

Web resources about - sqlca.sqlcode is 100 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

IBM DB2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM DB2 is a family of database server products developed by IBM . These products all support the relational model , but in recent years some ...

English - jensjaeger.com
jensjaeger.com Development on the Java platform Posts in category: English Good-by journizer.com New page for my consulting company Thoughts ...

PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference Contents
Skip Headers PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference Release 2 (9.2) Part Number A96624-01 Home Book List Index Master Index Feedback Contents Title ...

NEIGHBORS >
TelegraphNeighbors.com - the new home of community news in Southern New Hampshire and brought to you by the Telegraph. Our mission is to provide ...

CodeSOD: The Database Gazes Also Into You
... make every would-be submitter sit under (TDWTF policy), and he whispered, "Wouldn't you like to know about the field in moduleData called SQLCode ...

怎样读DB2 internal error return code? - 第2页 - IBM DB2数据库管理-ITPUB论坛-it168旗下专业技术社区
... 当问题发生的时候,这个entry应该不是db2diag.log里唯一显示出来的错误吧。这个entry只能算是root cause,需要联系上下文分析当时所运行的程序。 而所有的用户程序都应该strong enough to capture any returned SQLCODE ...

PL/SQL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PL/SQL ( Procedural Language/Structured Query Language ) is Oracle Corporation 's procedural extension for SQL and the Oracle relational database ...

CodeSOD: Utter Filth
... '_' ), ';', '_' ), ':', '_' ), '@', '_' ), 'ç', '_' ), ' ', '_' ), '.', '_' ), ' ', '_' ); EXCEPTION WHEN OTHERS THEN p_handle_log ('X', SQLCODE ...