sqlanywhere and powerbuilder

hello!!
when i try to connect to database sqlanywhere using ODBC, i get an error
message:
"Catalog tables could not be create and are not available for use"

i put all rights to user dba.

what i do? i wanna see all tables all data

thanks...

--
Cornelio Royer
Gerente General

0
Cornelio

When you connect for the first time, you need to connect with user id of
SYS or SYSTEM, well I don't remember exactly which one.   Anyway, it's a db
default id that allows the PB catalog tables to be created and then accessed
by all developers.

PB HELP TOPIC - connecting to databases, and extended attribute system
tables creation
To ensure proper creation of the PowerBuilder extended attribute system
tables:

Make sure the first person to connect to the database with PowerBuilder has
sufficient authority to create tables and grant permissions to PUBLIC.

This means that the first person to connect to the database should log on as
the database owner, database administrator, system user, system
administrator, or system owner, as specified by your DBMS.

Cornelio Royer <cornelior@cwp.net.pa> wrote in message

> hello!!
> when i try to connect to database sqlanywhere using ODBC, i get an error
> message:
> "Catalog tables could not be create and are not available for use"
>
> i put all rights to user dba.
>
> what i do? i wanna see all tables all data
>
> thanks...
>

> --
> Cornelio Royer
> Gerente General
> WIN SOFT CORP., S.A.
> telefono: 317-0134
> celular: 674-1218

0
Taliant

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

Powerbuilder
Is there some kind of construct in Powerbuilder 8 like the hashtable in Java? Jan Erik On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:11:15 +0100, "Jan Erik Hermansen" <jeh@susoft.no> wrote: The closest thing there is is the binary tree in the PFC. It's a little more work than a hashtable, but it works well enough. In a nutshell, you create a node and set the value and the key in it, then add the node to the tree. HTH, Larry Molter Diabetic Supply of USA >Is there some kind of construct in Powerbuilder 8 like the hashtable in >Java? > > >Jan Erik >...

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

Powerbuilder
long ll_rc dw_1.SETTRANSOBJECT(SQLCA) dw_1.retrieve() g_ole_crx_application = create oleobject g_ole_crx_report = create oleObject g_ole_crx_connection_info = create oleObject Resultset lrs_resultset ADOResultset lrs_adoresultset oleobject loo_AdoRecordset DataStore lds_temp lds_temp =create Datastore lds_temp.Dataobject="dw_print" lds_temp.settransobject(sqlca) lds_temp.retrieve() lrs_resultset=create resultset ll_rc=lds_temp.generateresultset(lrs_resultset) lrs_adoresultset = create adoresultset ll_rc = lrs_adoresultset.SetResultset(lrs_resultset) loo_AdoRecords...

PowerBuilder
Hi, Please change the name of PowerBuilder to something that is more publicly enticing. For instance, NetBuilder Pro, NetBuilder Deluxe, NetBuilder Gold, or something of the sort. Thanks, Ryan Hi Ryan, How about writing to "s.p.powerbuilder.futures_discussions" forum ? By the way, i think that they are about to call it "4GL plus". <Ryan Putnam> a �crit dans le message de news:4012a716.368.846930886@sybase.com... > Hi, > > Please change the name of PowerBuilder to something that is > more publicly enticing. For instance, NetBuilder P...

Why Powerbuilder ?
Hi, I face a strange problem.... In company I started to work recently someone years ago decided to do any client/server development ( internal use only ) in SQL Windows / Gupta. As a ex-Power user I never bought into this concept and I think there is no need to discuss which product is better.... The problem now is - a big new project is coming up and I'm trying to lobby for PB as toll to to realize it with ( SQL Server 6.5 as back end ). My boss however doesn't take my opinion for granted, wanted me to convince him that it's right way to go. I surfed the web for a fe...

About Powerbuilder...
Hi group, I've upgraded PB 6.5 with the last maintenance release but I always see Version 6.5 Build 444 into "About Powerbuilder..." in Help menu . It's right this? Thanks in advance Michelangelo INGRASSIA There *was* a bug at some point in the PB6 series that didn't report the correct build number. The best way to be certain that *all* the DLLs being loaded are the correct version is to use HandleEx from http://www.sysinternals.com and check all the PB*.DLL versions. This is also useful for troubleshooting, as more than one problem has been cause...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

Powerbuilder
I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe. How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can anyone pl guide me. thanks. Shaikh moin If you are using ASA 6 then look in the Help... ASA User's Guide PART 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use CHAPTER 27. Deploying Databases and Applications Using a silent installation for deployment If you are using SQL Anywhere 5 try looking here... SQL Anywhere User's Guide ...

powerbuilder
i'm looking into evaluating powerbuilder and was just wondering if powerbuilder has a COM/CORBA interface. In addition, will powerbuilder accept incoming XML streams? PowerBuilder can generate COM components, although they are actually Com-Wrappered PB components. The CORBA interface hooks into Sybase EAServer, and there's limited access to other CORBA servers. PB cannot accept XML streams natively, but you can implement the MSXML interface without a great deal of difficulty. What's your goal in your evaluation and what are you comparing to? regards, Bill al ...

Web resources about - sqlanywhere and powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles