sqlanywhere 5.0 ODBC trouble

Hi,
when i try to connect with my database when i am testing mi exe the
following error message is displayed:

SQLAllocHandle driver fail in SQL_HANDLE_ENV.

Any idea?
Thanks in advance.

0
Humberto

In article <sWEb86R$9GA.151@forums.powersoft.com>, hquijano@norma.net
says...
> Hi,
> when i try to connect with my database when i am testing mi exe the
> following error message is displayed:
>
> SQLAllocHandle driver fail in SQL_HANDLE_ENV.
>
> Any idea?
> Thanks in advance.

You can search for this on www.dejanews.com. You should find several
explanations.

The commone ones..  The app and/or system does not have SA in the path.
Update the registry for the app path and/or the system environment path.

HTH

--
Mark Pfeifer            Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
Team Powersoft             Emerging Technology Solutions

               Sybase FAQs on the Web Site!
0
see_msg

Trouble sharing a dbclient ODBC connection between two processes on web server SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5
Hello, I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem. I have a W2k Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database server via an ODBC dbclient connection. The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports. Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site. As soon as I try to connect both at ...

PowerBuilder 5.0 to 5.0.0.2
I hope this the correct venue for this question. I have a fresh install of PB 5.0 and I need to upgrade it to 5.0.0.2. I have found plenty of reference/downloads to 5.0.0.4 on the sybase website, but I need to go from 5.0 to 5.0.0.2. Where can I download the correct patch/upgrade? Thanks 5.0.0.2 is no longer available. You can choose between 5.0.03 (bug infested) and 5.0.04 (stable). -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Dwayne Bordelon" <dwayne.bordelon@shawinc...

SQLWindows 5.03/SQLAnywhere 5.0 via ODBC
We are using SQLWindows 5.03 with SQLAnywhere via ODBC. Has anyone used Stored procedures with SQLWindows ? We have had problems returning result sets to SQLWindows. OdrPrepareProc function doesn't get the result set returned by SQLAnywhere. This works with MS SQLServer. Inserting, updating and deleting works fine with SQLAnywhere. Thanks in advance, kyosti.ylijoki@sunit.fi "ME" <postmaster@sunit.fi> wrote: >We are using SQLWindows 5.03 with SQLAnywhere via ODBC. >Has anyone used Stored procedures with SQLWindows ? We have had problems >retur...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

DBD::ODBC 0.43 tests failed under cygwin perl 5.8.0 DBI 1.30 on N T4 SP 6a MERANT 5 32 bit ODBC driver 0.52.00.00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C28FBF.39892550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" bash-2.05b$ perl -V Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 0) configuration: Platform: osname=cygwin, osvers=1.3.12(0.5432), archname=cygwin-multi-64int uname='cygwin_nt-5.0 kmbestst 1.3.12(0.5432) 2002-07-06 02:16 i686 unknown ' config_args='-de -Dmksymlinks -Dusemultiplicity -Duse64bitint -Doptimize=-O2 -Dman3ext=3pm' hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef use...

RE: :ODBC 0.43 tests failed under cygwin perl 5.8.0 DBI 1.30 on N T4 SP 6a MERANT 5 32 bit ODBC driver 0.52.00.00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C290A3.ED9243D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" OK, thanks, 0.45xx didn't seem to be any better, so I decided to post the errors to the group. Mark. [Mark Buckle] -----Original Message----- From: Jeff Urlwin [mailto:jurlwin@bellatlantic.net] Sent: 19 November 2002 15:34 To: Mark Buckle; dbi-users@perl.org Cc: jurlwin@bellatlantic.net Subject: RE: :ODBC 0.43 tests failed under cygwin perl 5.8.0 DBI 1.30 on NT4 SP 6a MERANT 5 32 bit ODBC driver 0.52.00.00 That's the driver. It seems that everything else is ok, but t...

PowerBuilder 5.0.03 & SQL Server 7.0 & ODBC
Hi All, I have a peculiar problem while connecting to SQL Server 7.0 From PowerBuilder 5.0.03 Enterprise through ODBC. I can connect from a windows 95 machine (where my client is) to a Windows NT4 (SP3) machine (where the server resides) via ODBC. I use the dll's provided by PowerBuilder. (PBODB050.dll, PBODB050.ini). Till this it is fine. The problem comes when my client is also in the NT Server (where the database resides). I can connect to SQL Server 7.0 from PowerBuilder 5.0.03 on windows NT4.0 but all the select statements which has Varchar type columns in it, returns null...

PowerBuilder 5.0.03 & SQL Server 7.0 & ODBC
Hi All, I have a peculiar problem while connecting to SQL Server 7.0 From PowerBuilder 5.0.03 Enterprise through ODBC. I can connect from a windows 95 machine (where my client is) to a Windows NT4 (SP3) machine (where the server resides) via ODBC. I use the dll's provided by PowerBuilder. (PBODB050.dll, PBODB050.ini). Till this it is fine. The problem comes when my client is also in the NT Server (where the database resides). I can connect to SQL Server 7.0 from PowerBuilder 5.0.03 on windows NT4.0 but all the select statements which has Varchar type columns in it, returns null...

Powerbuilder 5.0 against Visual Basic 5.0
Can someone give me some good advise why I sould use Powerbuilder 5.0 instead of Visual Basic 5.0 for making critical applications (With SQL-server 6.5) ?? We are looking forward to build critical applications for around 100 users. Please sent your notes to e-mail: karel.geraerts@alz.be instead of this newsgroup. Many thanks! Mainly because you don't have to put up with all the crap found in the Microsoft newsgroups when you need help. (Ads for pirated software from Hong Kong, etc.) There are a lot of other reasons as well (PB is OO, supports inheritance, yadda yadda yadda)....

SQLAnywhere 9.0.0 (1108) with Clarion 5.5
I'm having an Identity crisis <g>. I have used code like this for several years, and never with any problem. I insert a record and then use @@Identity to retrieve the autoincremented sysid of the inserted record. Last week, a user ran a process (which does generally work and has been running very smoothly) and instead of retrieving the sysid from the inserted record, @@Identity returned the sysid of a completely different record that had been inserted several minutes earlier than the one just added. I can't recreate the problem either. Any ideas? Thanks!! Here is t...

SQLAnywhere 5.0 ODBC Driver
Hello, Does anyone could help me? We have an old SQLAny where .db file and we need to read it. How can I get an ODBC Driver for a SQL Anywhere 5.0 DataBase? Thanks in advance, Carlos You can download the ASA version 6 evaluation version. It will read a version 5 database file. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm The URL to get to the downloads is this: http://www.sybase.com/products/download.html But it's broken for now. Check it in a day or so. -- Jim Egan...

ODBC and PowerBuilder 5.0.04
Hello, We have an application that was developed in PB 5.0.04 that is having serveral problems when trying to work with ODBC 4.0 that is deployed with Office 2000 (and windows 98 I think). We are using an Access Office 97 database. I tried converting the database to Office 2000, but the error(s) still persist. One error in particular is when a specific datawindow update is attempted. ERROR = "SQL STATE 37000[Microsoft][ODBC MS Access Driver] Reserved Error(1). There is no message for this error. *UPDATE STATEMENT* My hunch is that it is having a problem with datetime syn...

ASA6 or SQLAnywhere 5.5 on Netware 5.0?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Does anyone know if either ASA6.0 or SQLAnywhere 5.5x will run on Netware 5.0? I've asked Sybase several times (in the past 3 month period) and I still haven't received an answer. TIA, Bernard Mikowski --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Bernard Mikowski Content-Di...

Will PD2.0 WORK WITH SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.4??
Does anyone know of any compatibility issues with using PD2.0 with this newer version of SQLA? What about the new Adaptive Server Anywhere 6?? Thanks for any input you can offer, Scott Works fine with 5.504 and I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work with 6. Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com MS Certified Professional chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for ...

Web resources about - sqlanywhere 5.0 ODBC trouble - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere