Set Focus in DW column

I have a small problem.  I have a datawindow with 2 columns in a tabular
format.  Tab order has been set in the data window.  Both of the columns are
numeric(7,2).  I set focus to the DW and focus is set to the first column as
it should be.  The problem comes in that because it is numeric and no data
is there (I insert a row to add data) a "0" is in the column and the cursor
is sitting in front of this "0".

I want the whole column selected so that the user does not have to delete
the "0".  What do I need to do?  I could find this in any docs.

Thanks for any input.

0
jon

Lookup SelectText(...) in PB Help

jon <jon_ackerman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I want the whole column selected so that the user does not have to delete
> the "0

0
Philip
8/27/1999 4:10:34 PM
You could use SelectText() to program it or on the datawindow object select the
Properties..Edit tab for the column and check the  Auto Select box.

You could also remove the default value via the Rows..Column Specifications menu
option.

HTH.

jon wrote:

> I have a small problem.  I have a datawindow with 2 columns in a tabular
> format.  Tab order has been set in the data window.  Both of the columns are
> numeric(7,2).  I set focus to the DW and focus is set to the first column as
> it should be.  The problem comes in that because it is numeric and no data
> is there (I insert a row to add data) a "0" is in the column and the cursor
> is sitting in front of this "0".
>
> I want the whole column selected so that the user does not have to delete
> the "0".  What do I need to do?  I could find this in any docs.
>
> Thanks for any input.

0
Dennis_Nickels

Set focus on dw column
Is there any way of setting focus to a datawindow column. Whenever I open a window or add a row I have to click on the first row in the datawindow to then start tabbing through the fields. Setfocus doesn't seem to work on the datawindow but it does with other objects like the singlelineedit. Any ideas? dw.SetColumn ("colname") dw.SetFocus () Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten Michael K wrote: > Is there any way of setting focus to a datawindow column. Whenever I > open a window or add a row I have to click on the first ...

Set focus to a field/column in DW
Hi all, How to write the script to set the focus to a field/column in DW? Thanks! this.SetColumn('column_name') should work. HTH. Ben McBride Chan wrote: > Hi all, > > How to write the script to set the focus to a field/column in DW? > > Thanks! Try using setcolumn() and setrow(). These will set the current context, however if the row and column are not visible you also need to use scrollrotow(). Unfortuntely there is no scrolltocolumn method. -- ________________________________________________________________ Alex Whitney ...

how to set focus on a dddw column in a dw
Hello, I have a dropdowndatawindow named dw_sel_dep that contain a column named cd_department (type dddw with allowing edit property set on). When i try to use: dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // to add an empty row dw_sel_dep.setfocus() // to set focus on i have not the curson within the cd_department column Why ?? What is missing ?? TIA Roby Hi, Have you tried to use setColumn rather than setFocus? On 8 Jun 2004 02:31:31 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Roberto Lammoglia <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> w...

how to set input focus to the specific row and column in DW
Hi, I have a scenario where I have to add a new row to datawindow and set the input focus to the specific column in the new row (which column is it depends on other program parameters). How can I do it? Thanks, Mirek Use Scrolltorow( al_newrow), SetRow(al_newrow), Setcolumn(as_colname), ... > Hi, > I have a scenario where I have to add a new row to > datawindow and set the input focus to the specific column > in the new row (which column is it depends on other > program parameters). How can I do it? Thanks, > Mirek > > ...

How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at
How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at runtime? In article <35BF1672.BE14830C@public.szonline.net>, zhangyuh@public.szonline.net says... > How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at > runtime? > > > > Please see my response in the dw newgroup. Please do not post the same question in multiple newgroups. -- John Strano [TeamPS] Have a heart, http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/JCredit/eds_stry.htm ...

How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at
How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at runtime? In article <35BF2396.74972542@public.szonline.net>, zhangyuh@public.szonline.net says... > How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at > runtime? > > > > Please see my response to your other posting in this newgroup. -- John Strano [TeamPS] Have a heart, http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/JCredit/eds_stry.htm ...

DW Painter
In the Datawindow Painter, I notice underneath inconveniences 1. When one wants to change the name of a not visible column (the dw column, not the DB column name), one need to insert, rename and remove it. It would be more convenient to be able to change the name of the column in the column specification. 2. When adding a column to your SQL syntax in a datawindow, it is automatically added to the detail band, but the default color and border settings (as in the DW creation wizard) are not applied. 1. You can do that. When you select a column in the column specification, it wi...

setting the focus in a column
Hello Can anyone help me my problem: How can i set the focus in a column by ID? Bernd There is no "SetFocus" command for a column in a datawindow... This command applies to controls only. For a coulmn you should use "SetColumn" command. "bernd liesinger" <bernd.liesinger@your-system.com> wrote in message news:ZSdBA2xeAHA.296@forums.sybase.com... > Hello > > Can anyone help me > > my problem: > > How can i set the focus in a column by ID? > > Bernd > > ...

How to set focus on DW control
When I try to InsertRow in DataWindow (in button code), then set focus to DW control, it doesn't succeed. How to set focus, so user can at once input data? Witold Juda wrote: > > When I try to InsertRow in DataWindow (in button code), then set focus > to DW control, it doesn't succeed. > How to set focus, so user can at once input data? Hi Juda, There is a Dr. Power++ Tip regarding this issue: http://www.powersoft.com/products/powerpp/week13.html I hope that this will help ! Regards, Hari Stirbet Sybase, Inc. ...

Cannot set focus on a Protect column
Hello! I am using PB502/NT40 I have a tabular datawindow with a single editable column. That single column has a protected expression(i.e. conditionally sets the protect to TRUE or FALSE) When the column is protected, I cannaot set focus to the current row The SetColumn() function didn't solve it What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance! >I am using PB502/NT40 >I have a tabular datawindow with a single editable column. >That single column has a protected expression(i.e. conditionally sets >the protect to TRUE or FALSE) >When the column is protected, I...

set focus on object in dw?
How do I set the focus to a specific column object on a dw on a window? Thanks. SetColumn('your_column') "Rick Charnes" <rickxyz--nospam.zyxcharnes@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1e309d903a78c8ff9896f5@forums.powersoft.com... > How do I set the focus to a specific column object on a dw on a window? > Thanks. ...

How to set the dw column editmask?
Hi, How to set the both edit mask UPPER and ALPHANUMERIC in datawindow columns simultaneously. I tried to give the edit mask as 'AAAAA' for upper case and alpha numeric only, but it accept the alphya numeric with out converting to upper case. Is there any solution. TIA use the Case property and set the case to Upper. sri "ewak" <ewak@vsnl.com> wrote in message news:QQt79a6jBHA.360@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > How to set the both edit mask UPPER and ALPHANUMERIC in datawindow columns > simultaneously. > > I tried to ...

How to set focus on DW control
When I try to InsertRow in DataWindow (in button code), then set focus to DW control, it doesn't succeed. How to set focus, so user can at once input data? Witold Juda wrote: > > When I try to InsertRow in DataWindow (in button code), then set focus > to DW control, it doesn't succeed. > How to set focus, so user can at once input data? Hi Juda, There is a Dr. Power++ Tip regarding this issue: http://www.powersoft.com/products/powerpp/week13.html I hope that this will help ! Regards, Hari Stirbet Sybase, Inc. ...

setting focus on another column
Hello all, I have a datawindow with a few columns in it. It is placed on a tab page. I also have a button on the tab page that inserts a row. When the focus is on the third column from the first row in the DW and I hit the insert row button then I want the focus to be on the first column of the 2nd newly added row. Any ideas on how to solve this? thanks in advance, Guido this.ScrollToRow(this.InsertRow(0)) this.SetColumn("firstcolumn") -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "Guido Van der Elst...

Web resources about - Set Focus in DW column - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Politics, Political News - The Capitol Column
Covering the politics of science, technology, business, entertainment, Capitol Hill, and health.

Column vector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. In linear algebra , a column ...

Column 8
Column 8 came across a business card in our wallet this morning, with no clue as to how it got there (we all have cards like that, found days, ...

Becoming The Perfect Faculty Member: An Advice Column
What is tenure all about? Selfish preservation of yourself without regard to the institution, of course.

An NYT ‘Weddings’ Column for the Ages
About the only thing missing from Jamie Diamond ’s epic backgrounder on the Dec. 5 Los Angeles wedding of comedienne Carol Leifer and real estate ...

Patt Rall Column: The arts and Bemidji go hand in hand
Bemidji Pioneer Patt Rall Column: The arts and Bemidji go hand in hand Bemidji Pioneer Watching Bridget O' Sullivan fulfilling her ambition ...

Check out the highest-rated comment on this WaPo column, "The American Dream? I thought so, until I had ...
... maternity leave to be with a child you chose to have while still eating out, watching HBO, and buying a new car." The author of the column is ...

Tim O'Sullivan column:
Concord Monitor Tim O' Sullivan column: Concord Monitor Danny Ainge needs to acquire more talent. Young players like Smart and Olynyk need ...

C&L's Late Night Music Club With Durutti Column
... to be done on such equipment and on such a minimal recording budget to be put out as a large scale release on any record label), Durutti Column's ...